Reliant Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Terrible and unethical
PT (Former Employee) –  TXMay 13, 2018
Unethical and alot if fraudlant billing issues to fullfuill the billing without providing service, terroble managment, awfull team playing and nobody knows what others do, unorganized, they just want to collect money from patients
Pros
Cons
Frauds, billing and no time off
Good therapy company
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 12, 2018
There has been a lot of growth over the recent years and improvements within. The company has good support systems including a clinical team that provides education and direction. Productivity is required like most companies and is appropriate and fair.
Pros
Competitive pay, clinical support, good management
Cons
Can vary per site but nothing significant to list
Great comapny compared to other contract companies!
DOR (Current Employee) –  Nashville TnMay 9, 2018
It is a fast paced setting and you are always on the move BUT that is what they are paying us for. Patient driven but it is a business still. Out of all the contract companies I have worked for they are at the top!
Pros
Great work enviroment and great benefits
Incompetent management, disrespectful, unreasonable
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New EnglandApril 27, 2018
As a new grad, I was not given appropriate guidance or training considering my lack of SNF experience. Plenty of patients on caseload are not appropriate for therapy for a number of reasons but it is repeatedly stressed that rehab is the department that makes money for the facility. Management cares more about the bottom line than the employees or the patients. Therapists are encouraged to "be creative" in their billing.

HR is slow-moving and unprofessional, and caused me to miss over a month of work because they refused to process my return to work paperwork after an absence until I pestered them repeatedly.

Don't work for Reliant. They talk a big game about being a therapist-owned company, but it amounts to nothing. Their benefits are terrible.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unreasonable productivity expectations, terrible benefits
great Company
Director If Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Sutherland, IAApril 15, 2018
Excellent peers and managers.Great nursing staff, I look forward to each and everyday of work. In addition, Reliant has in house training for CEUs and reimbursement of licenses.
Initial training was too short
Therapy manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 5, 2018
Productivity Requirements are unrealistic, especially with expected job requirements. Ordering supplies was a frustrating circle of emails and emails in general were constant.
Unreliant
Evaluating Therapist (Former Employee) –  Texas Hill Country/Highland LakesMarch 24, 2018
Money based, productivity driven company. DORs and Regionals need to have $ bonuses!! Regional Director gave DOR a list of part Bs who still had therapy cap dollars to spend and said put them on caseload. Regional tells evaluating therapists who to put on caseload- appropriate or not- and expects therapy for ful part A 100 days and if therapist wants to DC "we have to get corporate permission". Fraudulent Physical Therapist did 5 min evals, billed 20-30 min for them and 70 min treatment time consistently. Physical Therapist lets PTA complete her evals giving her user name and password. Building dictating scope of practice and how SLPs treat, screen and eval: can't be in dining room unless actively feeding a resident This company has taken away the therapists autonomy and allowed therapy assistants to call the shots as DORs and Regionals but other companies have done the same thing. Taking your PTO is a joke- limited PRN coverage Working off the clock to complete documentation is a regular occurrence for evaluating therapists. Overtime frowned on: will cut therapy min to 15 min for residents to avoid overtime And the criticisms could go on and on ......
Pros
Some good therapists
Cons
Poor work life balance, unrealistic productivity, unethical accounting and payroll
Official response from Reliant Rehabilitation
March 27, 2018

Reliant Rehabilitation prides itself on Doing the Right Thing. We encourage you to reach out to our Compliance Hotline at 1-877-562-5796 where you may choose to remain anonymous. We are interested in hearing more details regarding your experience and researching these issues further.

Unethical workplace
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 13, 2018
As manager, pay is salary at 40 hours per week while working well over 50 hours per week. If employee refuses to participate in unethical/fraudulent practices to please client, Reliant will terminate employee. HR and upper management very disorganized. No appreciation for employees. No commendation as manager for exceeding monthly goals. Reliant is only concerned with bringing in money. No concern with patient care or appropriateness of treatment.
Flexible Schedule; Poor Support from Company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 12, 2018
Enjoyed working with DOR & team at my facility. Upper management not responsive to concerns/questions. Left to work for organization that supports employees with education, resources, and communication, balances need for meeting a bottom line with quality care of employees and patients. According to concerned former coworkers, recently changed education compensation. Will re-imburse for license fees but requires CEUs through a generic website used by other contract companies. No certifications or specialization available which will decrease facility knowledge and competitiveness. No opportunity to participate in courses for new research unless fully independently paid -- and PTO was used to attend. Would appreciate at least splitting cost with Reliant and being able to consider training/work day rather than use PTO. Pay raises were unavailable. All pay was generic, not individualized to employee skills or experience. No holiday pay. No 401K matching. Stingy paying for therapy supplies. Lot of talk from higher management, little action/support.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Good local facility support.
Cons
No CEU certifications or specialization available, Generic pay not individualized to employee skills/experience, No holiday pay, No 401K matching, Stingy paying for therapy supplies, Lot of talk from higher management with little action/support.
Therapy Tech (Current Employee) –  Dania, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Not really a great company they lowered the pay so that way the could force me out and they were going to lower my hrs. the management was awesome I loved her but no others were anything like her.
PRN and full time PTA
PTA (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 18, 2018
Culture, management, pay rates, all vary depending on regional, and local management. Singe regions are better than others, so be regional managers jealously block prn therapists grin other regioon d.
Pros
Large list
Cons
Some unethical rehab directors
stressful
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 12, 2018
Did not work full 8 hour days as promised . Census in the facility dictated the hours in which you worked - no patients- decreased hours. Did not have a scheduled and paid lunch time. Had to meet 95 % productivity everyday or be reprimanded from corporate.
Fun place to work
Rehabilitaion Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden, NCFebruary 9, 2018
i enjoyed my job and my fellow coworkers. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help. It would be extremely hard to find another work environment with the same atmosphere.
They are highly unethical and don't care about the patients.
PT (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 5, 2018
I was a contracted PT at a small facility with 3 then 2 PTA's only. I was the only PT and requested another PT to help with the weekend and Holiday coverage and the paperwork. When I told them I had no idea how to get the productivity with all the evals and documentation to do after they addressed my productivity, the next day they terminated my contract and refused to pay me for all the over time and Holiday time and avoided contact with my travel company.
Pros
I got to work with a great team of therapists and the last DOR was very supportive.
Cons
No support or training they promised I would get
Corporate menality. Period.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2018
This company does not consider therapy as a human centered profession. Might as well work in a factory. They buy out dissolving contracts and undercut salaraies, trying to lower the overall salary range in a given market in the process. My director was under constant stress of margins, margins, margins. She burned out and left the company, stating that if she pushed raises for staff (which were very infrequent and were completely disconnected to any cost of living increases) that she would have to then push up productivity expectations. With productivity expectations well above 90% to begin with, this company apparently expects you to go to the bathroom only when at home, and work off the clock to document and try to defend caseloads which were indefensible. Corporate admin talks about benefitting employees and about ethics but cares only about buying up markets and grabbing cash. Period. End of story. I defy anyone to defend such an inhuman mentality at the highest levels of management. They're reputation is as low as it gets. Currently looking for a better job in a saturated job market.
Pros
Good team at my individual building. Albeit burned out and hating Reliant
Cons
Corporate, money centered, undercutting, low paying mentality.
Unethical
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2018
Stay away from this company if you value your license. Totally unethical and more concerned with the bottom line than their employees. My coworkers were a joke. Their skills were poor, prejudice against the population we were working with and downright unprofessional. Not a rehab staff I would want working for my company. I left this job after 3 months of employment.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Good company to start with for beginning therapist
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Reliant is a good company to start with for beginning therapists because of the good mix of buildings they have. I was able to build and use my clinical skills with the company.
Pros
health care and mixture of buildings, very pervalent in Houston area
Cons
compensation
Reliant Rehab
Full time evaluating and treating therapist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 9, 2018
good company to work for. Flexible schedule. PRN opportunities available. Flexible with days and hours especially for people with children. Fair pay and benefits available
Accepted the challenge of Interim DOR
INTERIM DIRECTOR OF REHAB, PHYSICAL THERAPY (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 8, 2018
Fast paced environment with focus on multidiscipline approach to maximizing patient outcomes. Focus on utilization of nursing, activities and social workers to maximize patient outcomes.
Relaxed atmosphere, however stagnant salary and focus on productivity/money, not patients
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 6, 2018
Reliant Rehabilitation seems mostly focused on making as much money as possible more so than patient care and improving patient quality of life. Most meetings would be about improving productivity 1 or 2 percent as opposed to patients and their needs.

I started working at Reliant a a new graduate rate ($26/hour) and after 3 months received a 4% paycut. Being a new employee, I did not want to "rock the boat" and make a big deal out of it. After a year at a less than new graduate rate, I had to personally contact the Regional manager to ask for my old pay rate back. They had to contact HR and other departments to see if it would be okay to put an employee with a year experience back at a new graduate rate. Looking back, I realize how badly I was taken advantage of. Now, 1.5 years after that event, I am still paid at a new graduate rate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reliant Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

3.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight