Reliant Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Run away and don’t look back!!
COTA (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 6, 2019
zero out of 5 star rating.! I initially started with the company December 2017 with the opportunity to return to a facility where I started my career as a COTA in 1997. Pay was average and benefits offered seemed compatible to the other rehab companies. They lied about holiday pay, the use of PTO and productivity. As a team the productivity expectation is 93%, however that includes the zero to 10% of your DOR and zero for a rehab tech. They put out a monthly productivity list so you and your coworkers can see and compare who is productive and who is required to meet with the bosses to discuss your productivity. There are no holidays according to the company, yet their corporate office is closed on thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day! Vacation days are denied and they black out the week of thanksgiving and last 2 weeks in December and 1st week in January. You can however get vacation during those weeks if your one of the favorites of your DOR and regional director. You are expected to run 1-2 groups of med B patients per week to increase your productivity, and forget about ever discharging a patient, that only happens when money runs out! If you don’t get your unrealistic minutes with your patients, then you can expect to have to beg for your hours In December 2018 instead of giving us all a raise we were told to call in for a group conference call of which we were told as of January 1st of this year we were getting a 4% pay cut! They were nice enough to allow all employees to be paid for the 30 minute phone call!!

I love my coworkers, yet it is impossible to make
  more... a living working for this company. The regional director of operations has compared providing therapy services and productivity standards to being a factory working and picking orders for shipping!

If you happen to be a newly graduated therapist please stay further away as you won’t get any mentor ship.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
High productivity. Unethical, pay cuts, unable to use earned time off
Unethical
PTA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2018
Very high productivity standard and they dont care how you get it. The rules dont apply to management. Keeps patients on caseload for 100 days whether they need to be discharged or not. Therapy staff gets in trouble for saying a patient needs discharged. Dont provide the supplies you need to do your job correctly. If you take a day off you have to make it up on the weekend even if you are sick. Get written up for calling off 2 days in a row. They dont like people who have an opinion that differs from theirs and will make your life miserable if you dont comply. The most unethical company I have ever worked for. You will never get a raise.
Pros
High salary to start
Cons
See above
Poor management, unrealistic productivity, unethical billing practices
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 18, 2018
Reliant came in and ruined a previously good therapy department. Care less about patient care and family education than they do about numbers. Patients confidential medical records left out in open in unlocked gym, violating HIPPA. Poorly equipped gym-old equipment, no modalities whatsoever. Unethical billing practices (encouraging seeing patients together or overlappping treatment as a 1:1) and unrealistic productivity. No office or desk space, DOR will talk ill about a therapist or talk about patients by name on phone right in gym in front of other patients, family members, and staff. No orientation or training. No holidays off.
Pros
Coworkers and patients
Cons
Everything else
patients and employees are not respected
COTA (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 14, 2018
Reliant challenges the morals of their employees with unrealistic productivity standards. The higher-ups (regional directors) have no idea what we do on a daily basis, but they don't hesitate to lay the pressure by demanding reasons why our productivity is less than 90%. They push higher RUGs for patients, and it's often inappropriate. They are ruthless, and I truly believe they look at patients as how they can milk them for the most money, rather than provide best patient care.
When it comes to treating employees fairly, forget it. We don't have holiday pay, and are expected to work. And when we want to take a holiday off, they give us a hard time, and don't let us use our PTO but rather we have to flex/work over 8-hour shifts to make up for it. Last month, they sprung it on us that we couldn't roll over all of our PTO time, but wouldn't approve PTO requests at the end of the year... so they offered us a buyback, at 75%. Even more upsetting, we just found out before the holidays that employees in our region are getting a 4% pay-cut. Their business model is clearly a failed system. They were willing to pay huge bonuses in the beginning of the year to encourage people to work for them, or travel to different buildings, and now they are struggling because of it.
While the pay-cut is harsh, I think that the worst part of this whole situation is how they treat us. They take advantage of us, putting in the hard work, and then cutting our pay by a significant margin. We are just a number. The sad part is, that when we leave, they will find new employees to work at a 4% lower rate
  more... and they will have no idea what's coming. Probably a 4% pay-cut a year from now. I could go on but I won't. Just consider yourself warned.  less
Pros
somewhat flexible
Cons
read above
Not on the same page about PTO use company wide
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Navasota, TXDecember 13, 2018
I would love if the company did a review to give you a raise if you deserve it or tell you where you need to improve to get the raise. Confusion about what is real or what did the managers decide to tell us is real i.e. PTO use and not use, clock in and clock out rules, concurrent vs group therapy.
Pros
flexability
Cons
PTO usage
Encouraged unethical billing/provision of service
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2018
my supervisor was shady. he would say one thing and do another. He would say he supported the level of care you were providing but then go into your projections and up the minutes for higher reimbursement. He made strong suggestions that you "overlap" your patients and their treatment but then bill 1:1 care.
Pros
Cons
no holidays, unethical, expensive benefits
The only thing good was the people i worked with.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TNDecember 5, 2018
The other therapists were stressed out. Several therapists left the bulding since they took over. When you try to report wrong doing the management and comany retailiates. They dictate how and when you use your PTO. Compliance is a joke. This company is bad. How they have made it this long who knows. Productivity outrageous and threats to be replaced are heard often if that productivity not reached. Easy for them to get away with fraudulent billing in nursing homes because the patients have no clue not do some of the families. This is a bad company . whatever you do....run and I'm being serious..they just let go 2 Other therapists for no reason. 17 people have quit since their takeover
Pros
Other decent tberapy staff were great
Cons
Fraulant, retaliating company
Prn
Per-dime Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 4, 2018
I am a PRN employee but I know is a good place to work. I have work here for one year or two. I can say anything else at this point but I would if I knew more about it.
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 1, 2018
Face paced clinical environment and great place to work.
Face to face marketing and must have high success in closing. Long term relationship building and maintaining.
Things Are Changing
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 16, 2018
When I first started working with Reliant it was a very "human" company. It was run for people by people. It is quickly becoming a company run by the numbers and for the numbers.

It's just what happens sometimes when a company grows.
Changes made for consistency
Regional Director of Operations, DFW Area (Former Employee) –  Arkansas and TexasNovember 15, 2018
Reliable with payroll and any HR issues. Learned about various contracts and the interactions with those contracts. Culture of the workplace varied based on the upper management with the most difficult part being no training/introductory period to learn the ins/outs of the company and their contracts. Enjoyed the flexibility of the position.
Pros
Improved to being aware of taking care of employees
Cons
Very very young managers
Productive and family atmosphere throughout stressful situations a s well as creating enjoyable work experiences..
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Ponca City, OKNovember 13, 2018
I had some trouble with understanding parts of my role as COTA through interaction with two different PTA Directors.. Patient participation through all homes was impressive from the community and the group of therapists involved..
Pros
Incrased hours of workday and income generated was comprable to living expenses in rural setting.
Cons
Traveling and transfers were handled by managers and not myself, understandable yet missing vital performance requirements, such as active coverage with a supervisor, to perform duties..
Unethical
Staff (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 9, 2018
This company does not care about it's employees, just as long as you make money. Unorganized, unethical and always short staffed. Always job openings since staff is always leaving.
Pros
Cons
High productivity, unethical
DON'T "Do the Right Thing"
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJNovember 2, 2018
Because if you do, you will not only find that the numbers for the Compliance Department are not working, but you WILL be immediately fired.
All the TX reviews are management staff trying to do damage control as they expand in NJ. They ENTERED NOTES, not just billing, on my behalf!! Regional manager has only 4 years experience and was the ONLY PHYSICAL THERAPIST on the first day of the contract. Did that encourage him to maybe NOT talk on the cell during "treatment"? No. They also changed my billing to concurrent, and those are only the things I know about. Oh and forget having a desk if you're FT staff.

Run. Run and never look back.
Pros
Ha! Free pizza day 1 maybe?
Cons
All of it.
Excellent company to work for
Director of Rehab, COTA/L (Current Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 31, 2018
Excellent Rehab company with great regional director and regional VP. Good benefits and CEU reimbursement for fulltime staff as well. Pay rates comparable to other local rehab companies.
Pros
Upper management
Cons
Payroll and HR not responsive to staff needs
Watch out!
Therapy (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 27, 2018
You are just a number and if something happens (even minor), you are considered a liability and you will most likely be terminated. No compassion for employees. 95% productivity is unfair.
Pros
Great DOR at facility
Cons
95% productivity, The regional director, poor benefits, no overtime, cut throat and no understanding from management.
good expanding company
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 24, 2018
Reliant offers more than fair compensation including good pay and generous paid time off. Unfortunately, 401 K was not matching. Hours were not gauranteed when hours were low, however that is common in most SNF therapy settings.
Pros
above average compensation
Close to home
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 21, 2018
I loved working there becuase it was close to home and the the other therapist were great to work with, but the hourly rate was below standard. Reliant Rehabiltation needs to improve the salaries for employees.
Reliant is dirty
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2018
Will try to take advantage of Physical Therapist to be PRN supervisors at most of their buildings. Will lower your rate if full time. Recently offering $50 to $53 for PRN in DFW area and will try to lower your full time rate, well below the $55 that was offered 10 plus years ago. Was offering $30 for PRN rate for physical therapist assistants just recently. Company will also milk the patient's days and then send them to another facility.
PRN Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 30, 2018
I enjoy working with Reliant Rehab. I serve as a prn speech language pathologist and this company has met my needs and offered career advancement. Highly recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reliant Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight