Relias

Relias Employee Reviews

United States41 reviews
Given some creative freedom, but you must sell it well to Execs
There were times when presentations would be exciting because you could show off what you're doing, just be prepared to be disappointed because sometimes there were too many cooks in the kitchen
Free fruit
Good people with a friendly work environment. Work culture is a focus and spend plenty of time with orientation. Regular communication with monthly updates and good benefits.
Limited Advancement Opportunities
The company culture emphasizes advancement; however, you must remain in any role you have for at least a year before they will consider you eligible for advancement, regardless of your skill sets and regardless of openings within the company. After a year, it only means that you are eligible. Many people stagnate in positions for years before they are looked at for advancement.

Pay is inexcusably low compared to the industry standard. Any time pay raises are brought up at company meetings, the subject is squashed quickly. HR will attempt to tell you that you are getting a lot of other benefits instead, such as free health care and unlimited PTO. This is a ruse. Yes, health care is free, but the annual cost doesn't come close to offsetting the difference in pay you are not getting. PTO is "unlimited" within reason - the asterisk is do not abuse it. There are so many wasted perks in the office, such as the free coffee/tea machines and monthly beer busts, that I had wished the cost to finance these was funneled into employee pay instead.

Your work is micromanaged within an inch of its life, at least in Client Support and Implementation. Further up the totem pole, you may not encounter that. But they're all about the bottom line and making sure you as productive as humanly possible with little room for down time or error.

You can make a career out of Relias if you choose to, and if you're just entering the working world with limited debts then it is a fine place to work. If you are mid-career level, be careful that you may not get the kind of recognition that you feel
 - more...
Okay Company
This company is decent. I have no major complaint. Did not have to interview as our company was acquired by them. Although the only con is they got rid of all of our employees to let their own take over our jobs.
Flexible
Working for Relias and working project based is a great thing. Everyone that is on the team with you has very open communication, always responsive, and great to collaborate with.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Worked there one year and left because of institutional racism.
Meet our management team (from Relias website):

GMPH - white male

VPM - white female

VPC - white female

VPS -white male

I could continue but have a look yourself and check out at their marketing and advertising as well.
Don't work here
Not so great company, doesn't stand by the mission. It's all about the money here at this company and people that aren't clinical make the clinical decisions.
A real change in leadership is warranted!!!
It is as if the leadership of this company takes pride in paying salaries lower than market value. They don’t seem to get that if you pay peanuts you will attract underachievers. They continue to lose talented people who produced, in exchange for inexperienced people who require constant management and take a long time to get up to speed if at all. This causes delays in delivery and mediocre products. With the low pay, they still dictate professional attire as if that makes a difference when most staff is not client facing. However they do focus on team building events, entertainment, and snacks... If those things are important to you, then this is the place to work. Or if you want to work hard and learn a lot to move on, this would be a great place to start.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, good health insurance, friendly team members.
Cons
Low pay, constant direction changes, unrealistic expectations of time and resources
Productive, free lunches on Fridays
I worked at Relias for a very short time, through a acquisition. Daily applied payments to customer accounts, track daily cash, by check, ACH, credit card, followed up discrepancies, track postage usage, prepare g/l entries, assist with month end, liked working for my manager, no real contact with upper management, enjoyed all aspects of my job, my location had a great group to work with.
Pros
Great group to work with at my location
Cons
No real contact with upper managment of the new company
Great place to work!
I worked as a contractor and would loved to have become a full-time employee because the whole culture of the company showed that they cared about their employees.
Don't Work Here
Don't work here. The culture has gone down the toilet. The pay at Relias is below market value and the leadership team knows this. When this gets brought up in EVERY employee survey, their response is that anyone unhappy with their pay, leave and go work elsewhere. Guess what...many extremely talented people are doing just that. In our most recent all hands meeting, it was annouced that our turnover has (unsurprisingly) continued to rise and is now in the low 20% range.

If you're reading this, do yourself a favor and work somewhere else.
Collaborative Environment
Each team works well to share ideas and best practices to increase productivity. Team members also hold others accountable and help push them to be successful. This breeds healthy debate and competition which elevates our goals.
Excellent Company
It is great to field test CEU credits prior to release to the public. It has been enriching to work with Relias Learning. The company is respectful of employees and considerate of our time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Have to wait on new classes to be developed, not really a con though
Pretty good place to work
Relias is a pretty good place to work. Offers unlimited PTO and takes care of their employees. From my experience, management in the department that I was in were not always on the same page but an overall good place to work.
Nice Work Enviroment
Great place to work with good people. Growing company with extremely nice facilities which caters to the employees. Everyone is helpful and it is a fast paced environment.
Good place to work. The change in direction can sometimes get frustrating. Upper management exodus is definitely of concern. Not sure if the product(s) will get where they need to be.
Great to Work With
My time was short with Relias but I was able to produce some excellent instructional materials with their guidance. My project manager gave excellent feedback.
Passionate Workforce
Very passionate people to work with who care about their work's effect on customers. Benefits are generous, but this leaves compensation to be on the lower-side. Overall great place to be.
Great place to work. Very low pay compared to other CSM roles in the area.
Great culture, excellent coworkers and management. Pay is biggest issue as well as high deductible healthcare plan, also, 401k company contributions happen annually.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, flexibility
Cons
Pay
good culture
supportive corporate culture, room for advancement, good benefits, lots of growth opportunity, expansion into new markets, lots of acquisitions, strong development
Great Place to work
Very fast paced but manageable. The company is passionate about what it does. The culture is absolutely amazing. The company is still growing so there are plenty of opportunities for advancement. They will promote internally before hiring externals.
Pros
Culture, advancement opportunities, my co-workers
Cons
At times internal promotions are based on favoritism. Compensation can be a little better
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Relias. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight