RELX Group Employee Reviews

Typical Corporation But Still Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2019
At the end of the day, my experience was mostly positive. There was a near constant revolving door of new senior managers and directors - all of which were obviously well rehearsed at ladder climbing and none were hired inside the company. The C-Level team was near constant however and provided some stability to the vision, though one wonders how any vision could be executed with the plan changed with a near annual change in director level folks. The mid-level management and lower management team seemed to be able to get things done but there was a fair amount of squabbling and bureaucracy going on. The environment was very professional and we had very good access to tools to get the job done. If you knew how to work upper management, then you could be really effective as a manager but that typically involved long hours not only keep your team effective, but stay prepared and out in front of politics.
Pros
Professional environment, state of the art tools, great access to resources
Cons
Glass ceiling at mid-level management, demanding schedules, heavy office politics
Growing company with innovative products and a global footprint.
Learning Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 2, 2018
We work and play hard at RELX. From day one you hit the ground running and move at a quick pace. Products and the technology behind them are cutting edge. Management is capable. Comp lags a bit behind but benefits are very good.
Excellent company to work for
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioMay 2, 2018
RELX is a composition of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis, RBI, ChoicePoint and other companies. The company is most efficient when it operates as a single company. However, payment systems are still fragmented with different rules, personnel, etc. I can see that it might be difficult sometimes to get prompt responses on past due payments. Each entity also has their own Legal teams and getting things approved can take a long time. In general, management is very good, just fragmented (territorial) by division.
Pros
Excellent facilities and people.
Cons
Communications are sometimes difficult due to vast worldwide coverage.
Way too much reorganaization
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 23, 2018
Great co-workers, good work/life balance and work environment and decent benefits, but it seems like the company is always reorganizing so job security is hard to find.
Intern
ntern, Lexis Practice Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
I started as a paid summer intern and at the end of the summer I was asked to stay. The company was very flexible with my school schedule and I was given more responsibilities as time passed.
Pros
Paid internship
Cons
Could not hire me upon graduation
Benefits Specialist - LexisNexis (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OH 45342August 4, 2017
Love the energy in the company and employees are paid very well. The employees are very friendly and overall this is a great place to work, forward thinking company.
Pros
Employees are friendly and energetic
Good Place to work
Sr. Background Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 13, 2017
I have learned a lot from working with RELX Group along with LexisNexis Risk Solutions. It is invaluable knowledge. This was an excellent place to obtain information and start a career
Exciting
HR COMPLIANCE OPERATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 25, 2016
RELX is a great company. They offer the best benefits. The team is great to work with.me, I have learned so much, and was promoted twice with the team.
Great company to work for!
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 21, 2016
RELX Group is a great company. Offers great benefits.My team is the best, we work extremely well with each other. The personal time off is the best I ever received.