RELX Group
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

RELX Group Employee Reviews

United States72 reviews

Management sucks

I could have stayed at the company I left, had I known the new Unit Manager would not honor the promise made to me initially. I came on board BECAUSE I could work from home 4 days a week and could have a later start time.

Pros

Lots of celebrations.

Cons

Management is not good.

Great company to work for!

RELX is a great company to work for. You can learned a lot about the company and its products and excel within the organization across multiply businesses. The culture at the company is amazing!

RELX Group insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

I love my job and the ppl there. I’m never leaving ❤️

Best company and job ever! Everyone is family Very important career serving the public with important needs. Not stressful at all. No micromanaging and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to do the job. Hard work is appreciated and acknowledged.

Cons

Strong company, good leadership, great pay

I have a terrible direct manager, but overall it’s a strong company with good leadership, very competitive pay, great benefits. A bit siloed but then again it’s a massive company

Fun workplace

International environment and good management.Good salary and benefits.Health insurance.Growing opportunities. Work life balance really good.Hiring process really fast.

Great teammates

Team mates are willing to help. Management does not create an atmosphere of being valued or appreciated. Often times leaving salespeople people feeling unsupported. This is reflected in turnover.

Pros

great people

Cons

no advancement

RELX is terrific

Solid benefits. Managements cares. Interesting domains in which to work but a bit simple. If you love data, RELX is as good as it gets. Can make a big impact in narrow industry domains like areospace.

Pros

Cares about employees, a very civilized place to work.

Cons

Decision support tools are not the most exciting products to work on

Fun and challenging place to work

Great opportunity for learning new technologies and working on new innovative projects. Great culture and people to work with. Exciting place to work with flexibility to work in areas outside of your core job.

Pros

Culture, People, Technologies

Cons

Can require many extra hours of work due to project time lines.

Used to be a great company but good leadership is diminishing.

This place used to be a great place to work, but constant organizational change causes unclear direction and stress of job security. They get ride of good talent to bring in cheaper.

Pros

Work life balance, work at home, and great benefits.

Cons

Unclear direction from leaders. Very little training in all aspects of the job.

Slow pace with low pay

very old technology. pay below market price. employees are on 50's on average. Now it is 2021, still thinking of moving to cloud. very very slow pace.

Excellent place to work, provided your group or profession has a seat at the table

While there are many opportunities to grow if you are in product or engineering other areas are prone to stay static.Other areas of concern are how each division of the company acts on its own and there are constant changes in upper level management and leadership.

Pros

Well compensated, remote work, challenging problems to solve

Cons

Lots of red tape around adopting new tech, growth outside of engineering and product is stagnant

Crazy amount of reorgs and layoff. No concern about moral

Crazy amount of reorgs, layoffs and off shoring. No concern about moral. Decided on what seemed like a whim to move my entire group to another state, No real reason or strategy behind it, just like a thousand other reorganizations they made in the past. Management was floundering and it was obvious. I worked with a bunch of very professional and knowledgable people. Really some of the most experienced and professional co workers I ever had. It was such a shame that the management didn't respect them.

Pros

professional and knowledgable co workers

Cons

Used to be a good company to work for

The management is changing directions and they removed a lot of good employees in US, and then open new positions in UK (London) and netherlands (amsterdam)

Excellent work/life balance

Great inclusion and diversity, great management. Pay has not been more, but the company is working on it. 2021 the company really invested time and care to their employees

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, flex schedule

Cons

Not many cons

Amazing company to intern for!

Was an intern there over the summer of 2019 and have absolutely nothing but good things to say. Would highly recommend to anyone in the tech or agriculture background to look into their company.

Steer clear

Stay away from LexisNexis side in Ohio. Especially legal segment. It's being rebranded as RELX because reputation is ruined. Constant cuts until Dayton office is virtually nonexistent. Hiring and pay freezes. Claim no lay offs with covid but they just wait til Q3 every year for another round of cuts. This company is moving to Raleigh and Manila, Dayton is dissolving.

A good company

RELX Group is a mostly good company filled with wonderful and diverse people. In IT, they will squeeze absolutely as many hours out of you as you let them but at the same time they are very mindful and open for flexible working hours. The work-life balance is what you make it.

Worst company

They are back stabbing people it’s who you know and not the hard work you put into your job. Upper management and supervisors will throw one under the bus to safe themselves

Benefits

Great Job for 20 years

Co-Workers were great. When faced with short delivery times, everyone on the team worked to get the job done. Sometimes working long hours. Customer focus and uptime were high areas of interest.

Good big company place to work

Proagrica is a former publication company that is transitioning (probably quite successfully) to be a Digital Company that also publishes both on-line and paper content. Their focus is world-wide, and the corporate wallet is supporting their work, to collect and aggregate agriculture data and make it usable at all levels of the agriculture sector. The workplace is modern and progressive.

Had a flexible work from home policy. Good comradery

Had a flexible work from home policy. Good comradery between workers. Our team always helped each other when large issues would arise. Our team was very productive and accomplished our goals last year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELX Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight