Remington College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a good company
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 10, 2018
I was one of the best Admissions Reps they had. They wanted to make budget cuts and let me go without notice. Most management and corporate were only concerned about numbers and not the best interest of the students.
Pros
Great pay, decent work hours
Cons
Horrible Benefits and horrible upper managment
Medical Assistant Instructor
MEDICAL ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 29, 2018
I love worked with Remington college but it had become a challenge for me working the split shift 3 small kids, So I had to pick one and it was days. In the process of changing shifts I had to pick up another job to help pay bills,
Pros
the staff was great
Cons
split shift
productive fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 11, 2018
A place where you can learn a lot about different variations of medication. I enjoyed learning how to make medications and how to properly prepare a intravenous bag.
Pros
fun work enviorment
Cons
short breaks
Don't go there!
Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2018
I was a good place to work but since the new CEO took over it is a an extremely negative place to work. Upper management is not there to support the campus and unfortunately it impacts the quality of the school.
Remington
Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
Great place to work when I first got there, then management quit, and it went down hill, absent upper management, asks top much for no extra pay, wanted people to do 2 or 3 jobs for the price of 1
Laid back sometimes
Admission Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 2, 2018
Taking inbound/outbound from individual who wants to make a change in their lives. Providing different program information and to see if there's a fit or interest.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Place to work
Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2018
Loved working with student who were eager to learn new material and grow into medical professionals. meeting new people and working with the community
I loved working there
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 23, 2018
The job was fun and challenging; good people to work for and with. I would still be there if not for position being eliminated. I was responsible to work on projects with expectation of good results and little direct supervision.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 15, 2018
Great college and great school. They really care about all their staff and students.I worked there for 5 years before starting the medical billing program.
Remington has high turnover in management and with instructors.
LRS Manager and English and Speech Instructor (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 23, 2018
The hardest part of the job was navigating through administration's changing priorities. The workplace culture was not genuinely pleasant and there was a lot of quitting, laying off, and firing.
Pros
Good programs and [some] talented instructors.
Cons
Too much emphasis on "for Profit".
lead instructor
Dental Assisting Instructor, CPR Instructor/ RSO (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I was the lead instructor and made the curriculum binders we used for the entire course. I felt I was the only one really dedicated to teaching the students as the other instructors were not strict enough with making them do the homework or necessary course work especially in the evening classes
i was a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I did not work there i was a student. I was attending remington college as a student. I graduated in 2016. It was a good school to attend. I am now a medial assistant.
My first IT job
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 20, 2018
After graduating, Remington hired me on right away. Being my first job in the IT filed, the work space made me feel right at home. Every department worked with each other.
Closed.
Director Allied Health & Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2018
The College was closed by the State of Fl. There were quite a few "situations" that were part of the culture. I left long before these occurred.

This school was closed. I left before that time as it was clear what the history was and the outcome would be.
Pros
Cons
A Very Difficulty Environment for Students
Good People with a good Mission
Professor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 14, 2018
These folks genuinely want to do good job for students.

We worked three days a week, but 16 hour days - working 5 hours in the morning and then 5 hours at night, with a break in the middle.
What I learned at Remington College
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 11, 2018
There are a lot of wonderful people out there that are willing to help people that cannot help themselves. They are willing to learn and do what it takes to have that career.
Poor management
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2018
Unorganized and poor management is what I've experienced working at Remington College. It's a very fast paced environment at times. The turnover rate for instructors is high causing the team to work short handed at times. Management, in my opinion, is unprofessional and very unorganized.
Pros
Off days are usually Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Cons
Full time instructors are required to work a split shift
Great campus
Director of Education/Designated School Official (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2018
I have been with Remington College approximately 12 years. I like what I do, but I am looking for a more conventional schedule (8am-4pm or 9am-5pm). The environment is very fast paced and demanding. Again, I am looking for something that will not require me to work until 10pm every night.
Pros
Non-profit organization
Cons
Long days
I imagine like any position, there are pros and cons...
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 12, 2018
Positive:
Three shift options to qualify as full-time.
You run your classroom in a manner you like, as long as you meet Remington's standards.
Several co-workers and management staff willing to assist you.
The satisfaction of assisting/training others in their education and career advancement.
Paid week long breaks throughout the year (3-4 weeks per year).

Negative:
Acceptance standards are being lowered to recruit more students.
Not all students are interested in the field of medicine or obtaining an education. Their motivations for attending college are quite different.
The paid weeks off are scheduled/predetermined and mandatory. You cannot take a vacation, for example, during any other time.
Full-time employees are exempt, salaried employees paid for 40 hours/wk. Hours worked most weeks are more than 40 (prep time, grading, tutoring, etc.). Due to salary and exempt status, you will not get paid more than 40 hours, but you will be deducted for less than 40 hours should you need to be off.
You do not get any sick time. If you miss work due to illness, for example, you do not get paid for those hours.
Remington College
Senior Student Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2018
The company is committee to helping student get an education and provide job placements and training. The campus President is easy to work for and cares about his employees.