Remington College Employee Reviews

Excellent place
Medical Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed being a Medical Professor but didn't like the long hours. Enjoyed coding at work and at home more. Enjoyed the students and their desire to learn. Would do it again.
Always Changing Job
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 8, 2019
This job is continuously changing & most of the time, without prior notice. I went from a contract worker to full-time worker, back to contract worker within about 6 months.
I loved researching, and being able to give awareness to various subjects through bulletin board
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garland, TexasJanuary 3, 2019
I loved working with the students and faculty with research for the subjects taught and viewed. Decorating the bulletin boards played a big role because of the internet links and books that were displayed for the subject talked about.
Pros
Being involved with the research of school materials
Cons
The hours worked was split.
stressful school to work
Part-time Mathematics Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2019
The other instructors were nice to work with and were very helpful. The administration was more concerned in keeping the students happy, many of whom just didn't really care about learning as long as they got an easy and good grade.
Pros
small classes 10 months of the year
Cons
had to work a split schedule
Nice job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 18, 2018
Because this job didn't offer me the opportunity to advance but it was a good job for me at the time. I just wished the pay was more significant for my skills.
it was OK
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 13, 2018
The school is no longer here in Hawaii. However, I would say that my experience at Remington was OK at best.

My only regret is that I did not seek higher compensation as I (and also my colleagues) were grossly underpaid.
Total disapointment
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
I expected a more professional, a more organized, and a more conducive environment for learning. Unfortunately, that was not the case...communication is horrible from corporate down to the campus level. The culture is so top down that communication only goes through specific channels, mainly corporate leaders to campus directors to department directors, if that happens at all. This of course causes a disconnect among front line employees who don't know what is going on, or what is expected of them. During my employment, we never had a faculty meeting, but the company and the campus espoused teamwork and a teaming enviroment?
The Admissions Department is pressured to place warm bodies in any programs, instead of placing the right person with the right curriculum...causing problems with retention of students, graduation rates, and job placement numbers! ...and because corporate only pays attention to numbers on a spreadsheet and not the incite of workers in the trenches, expectations are set that aren't fair and decisions are made that aren't adequate to the actual problems! Total disappointment, I would not recommend persuing a career with this company!
Cons
No sick leave or personal time, PTO accural is less then a day per month, you can be dismissed without explanation
Does not recognize their employees hard work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 30, 2018
The leadership does not recognize when they have individuals who are devoted to their job and students. Instead they will replace Personelle regardless of the time with the company and their stellar marks. Recently a group of employees were released from their jobs for no specific reason. One of which was the top person in her department.
Cons
No raises, high demand from leadership, held accountable for things out of control of person, held responsible for students actions
Scam
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38132November 27, 2018
Hired as a Fulltime employee, but was laid off two months into the job...once the records were organized and back on track. The recruiters would push to have applicants pass entrance exams, which they were clearly not ready for.
Leadership is corporate
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 12, 2018
Remington is not a place where there can be growth. Only off during breaks, there is no PTO or sick time accrual. Don't even think about a raise, even if your surveys have been consistently good. Leadership showed favoritism and a lot of unqualified individuals with leadership positions. There needs to be an overhaul or place a person in the building to evaluate under the radar the things that go on in the school to make improvements with personnel who actually want the student to succeed, not just see them as profit. The so called new management they have for Remington is running the school like its not an institution of learning, I don't know any salary job you clock in.
Pros
Cons
everything
Technical Colleges Change lives
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 6, 2018
I had never worked in a Technical College before. It was an eye-opener. The school's curriculum provided training that would allow adults to learn job skills that would change the trajectory of their lives and that of their family.
Pros
Small classes--I felt I was doing something worthwhile
Cons
They downsized over time--the moral was low, there was much uncertainty, pay is low, the schedule was grinding
Remington rips students off
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2018
This school is a disgrace
They recruit low income students who get saddled with thousands in debt and if they manage to finish, they get a diploma that worthless.
All over the Place
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 31, 2018
The work environment was unorganized. No leadership with experience, high overturn and students don't follow the rules. The chaos and disorganization was unbearable
Great Company
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2018
A typical day at work

Good work hours in my department
Applying extensive knowledge of the job skill and company policies and procedures to complete, specialized assignments in effective and creative ways
Creating repair plans
Configure system hardware, software and network components.
Software and Hardware Adds, Moves and Changes
Providing PC and Notebook support to student and staff for computer related anomalies.

What did you learn
How to deal with multiple problems from multiple people

Fair and wise

Workplace Culture
Professional office environment

The hardest thing about the job
Teaching students how to manage the school issued laptop. Telling them they are about to lose all their info when the don't.

The most enjoyable part of the job
Coming to work and enjoyable in it self. Great place.
Pros
Learning from other staff members
Cons
This place is a sinking ship
SFS (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 17, 2018
The title says it all. CEO is constantly downgrading departments and outsourcing. Concerns are not heard and you're expected to perform tasks higher than your pay level. They pile on work with no raise to save money. They cut corners every chance they get. They were on a pay freeze for about 10 years and finally gave everyone a measly 3% raise. So if you walk in the door, new, you get the same raise as someone who has slaved away for years. They don't care about their employees. They're slowly going to outsource everything to Knoxville so don't waste your time.
Pros
it's a job
good place to learn
Resource Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2018
I learned a lot which there. I got to met and help some people who where making career moves to get their life on track and other who were just making new choices.
great staff lousy corporate management
Computer Systems and Software Instructor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 5, 2018
The faculty and co workers are the best. The corporate management does not care about the teachers or the students. Just get as many students in as possible and make sure they pass.
HR Recruiter Position
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed working in the HR department and taking on learning new job duties. I was able to speak and work with many other co-workers within the company that were located outside of Florida. I enjoy meeting new people.
My typical day would be to sign into my computer and start reviewing email and prioritize email's to respond or complete work that has been asked.
Review PayCom workflow to see if any jobs needed to be posted.
Post all jobs that are approved to be posted.
Review posted jobs on Indeed. Help look for candidates for positions that need to be filled.
Complete any HR tasks that had been asked to be done.
Answer telephone calls.
Pros
Great work hours.
Cons
Expensive Healthcare.
Very rewarding job
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 4, 2018
This has been an extremely rewarding job that I absolutely LOVE. I never thought I would enjoy teaching, but God had other plans. I love being able to help & encourage other adults accomplish their goals to graduate from the program & be able to have their dream job.
Pros
Wonderful management
Cons
Not knowing how long I will have this job
The days at Remington became more stressful than usual after new management took over
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Employees were not treated fairly based on the jobs they/we were doing. Remington is a good school, which I would recommend, just under different management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Remington College. Our community is ready to answer.