Remington College Employee Reviews

great staff lousy corporate management
Computer Systems and Software Instructor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 5, 2018
The faculty and co workers are the best. The corporate management does not care about the teachers or the students. Just get as many students in as possible and make sure they pass.
HR Recruiter Position
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed working in the HR department and taking on learning new job duties. I was able to speak and work with many other co-workers within the company that were located outside of Florida. I enjoy meeting new people.
My typical day would be to sign into my computer and start reviewing email and prioritize email's to respond or complete work that has been asked.
Review PayCom workflow to see if any jobs needed to be posted.
Post all jobs that are approved to be posted.
Review posted jobs on Indeed. Help look for candidates for positions that need to be filled.
Complete any HR tasks that had been asked to be done.
Answer telephone calls.
Pros
Great work hours.
Cons
Expensive Healthcare.
Very rewarding job
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 4, 2018
This has been an extremely rewarding job that I absolutely LOVE. I never thought I would enjoy teaching, but God had other plans. I love being able to help & encourage other adults accomplish their goals to graduate from the program & be able to have their dream job.
Pros
Wonderful management
Cons
Not knowing how long I will have this job
The days at Remington became more stressful than usual after new management took over
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Employees were not treated fairly based on the jobs they/we were doing. Remington is a good school, which I would recommend, just under different management.
Fulfilling and friendly
Business Associate Degree Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 22, 2018
The job itself was fulfilling when you see a student understand and achieve new things from what you've taught them. The pay and time put in was really tough when trying to raise a family.
Instructors changed from salary to hourly employees with hours being cut without notice.
Business Management Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
I personally enjoyed working with the students and staff. Unfortunately Instructors are not a valuable asset for the company. Changed from salary to hourly, not paid time/half for OT, no sick time and company scheduled vacation only.

Could be a great place to work if they valued their employees from a human resource standpoint.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Late night untill 11 pm/hourly vs salary
A For-Profit secondary education school
Instructor in the computer department (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 14, 2018
As a for-profit college, this was a reasonable part-time teaching position. I was there during the IT-bust of 2002-2004, so teaching IT at this time was a bit difficult. I also taught "Microsoft Office" to these young-adults. For most, this was their first use of computer skills, which were hugely beneficial to them.
Pros
I loved teaching people who WANTED to learn, so I enjoyed this job.
Experience was rewarding.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 10, 2018
On a typical day I would open office, enter student hours into campus vue (system software) answer emails, phone calls, open Salon for students class time. Sell salon products, keep track of inventory, Assist manager where needed in office task...enrolling new students etc.
The hardest part of the job was going through three managers in a year's time of employment.
I enjoyed being busy on a daily business schedule, there was always something to be done.
Pros
Learned something new everyday.
Cons
Going through too many managers in a year's time.
Nice place to work and close to home
Lab Instructor/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2018
Good mentor-ship by supervising staff. Helpful and easy to talk to. Classes were good sized and quick paced. The students were given every chance to ecxell in their scholastic endeavors.
Work life was horrible.,You had to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve😒
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
This place is a rip off. Instructors try to provide quality education but management just wanted retention. I felt sorry for the students because they had to pay 15,000 dollars and when they graduated they could not find a job to pay back the money. I would try to encourage the students before they got to far in the program to go to a reputable Institution.
Pros
Cons
Horrible
Enjoyed working with students
BUSINESS MANAGER/STUDENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 17, 2018
Working with the students was daily. It may be taking payments or some days just giving helpful advice.
The executive management was not run smoothly in my opinion. They were based out of florida and I do not feel they understand the day to day management of the campus.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Upper management
Review
Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Management worked with you but not enough hours to make ends meet. Enjoyed students wanting to learn as well as putting in the time to get their GED while taking classes. Very committed faculty and staff.
Pros
Liked the management
Cons
Not enough work hours
student
Student of Business (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2018
I was a student and not an employee. As far as I can tell working there was fine.
I attended class and was involved in volunteer work. it was open to all/
Pros
fine
Cons
fine
I enjoy working there
Electronics/Electrical and HVAC/R Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 17, 2018
You do need to be good with documentation.
And computer use as well as other forms of technology like kindle fire.
All books are online and
Currently all labs are actual hands on
Pros
Short day 5-6 hours
Cons
Very busy working during breaks
I was a student at Remington/Looking for law enforcement career.
Graduate/Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 16, 2018
I did not work at Remington, I was a student there for two years and graduated with an associates degree in Criminal Justice. I am currently looking for a career in law enforcement.
nice and relaxed place to work
Maintenance/custodian (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 12, 2018
working at Remington is great. the people are awesome and dealing with students is never boring. I like what I do as a maintenance man
it keeps me busy.
Pros
fun enviroment, great people to work with
Cons
no overtime
Don't work here
Criminal Justice Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2018
Students want the degree given to them they will not work to earn it. Instead of worrying about teaching your class, you have to worry about attendance and retention. It's your job as an instructor to babysit and call full grown adults. The students constantly complain about instructors and the amount of work. The amount of work students have to do at this college is minimal compared to what they would have to do at other colleges.
Pros
Fridaay, Saturday, Sunday off
Cons
4 hour break in the middle of the day.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2018
I learned quite quickly that the college truly cares about their students - so much they are willing to give them a passing grade when the students fail to do the work. I had several students turn in assignments that were cut & paste jobs directly from the Internet, and when I failed them for academic integrity issues, they complained to the Dean. When I asked what the Academic Integrity Policy was for cheating, I was told there wasn't anything in writing. I was further advised that while I could fail the students for the assignment, I could not fail them for the class. It is all about the money with Remington College, their diplomas are worthless.
Pros
Pay was reasonable
Cons
Instructors were facilitators, not educators.
I enjoy the positive environment amidst stressful situations.
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 7, 2018
I work for 10 hrs a day. However, I will have more work to complete on certain days. I have learnt to manage with students from various back grounds and expectations. Management is great and its a very friendly environment with excellent working relationship with staff. I enjoy working at Remington except for Salary, benefits and vacation time.
Nice Place
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHJune 2, 2018
Loved the people I worked with and most of my managers were great, although in the time I worked there I went through four directors of sales.

I really left because of the travel to the job was long and the hours were not typical 9 - 5.
Pros
Fun place and people to work with
Cons
Not the greatest pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Remington College. Our community is ready to answer.