Remington College Employee Reviews for Admission Representative

Remington College
Recruiter (Master Admissions Representative) (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 24, 2018
The hours for admissions representatives aren't great. They expect you to work late in the evenings and some Saturdays. However, the longer you are there, the better your salary.
n/a
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, scNovember 20, 2017
I am not interested in posting anything about this company. I would like to skip this step but I was forced to complete it. Again, I am not interested in posting anything at this time.
Do not work here
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2017
It was great until recently my direct supervisor was amazing upper management changed and new CEO came into the building and did major cuts I know it happens with companies but it was not done fairly if you want job security do not work here
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job security, expensive benefits
great to see people furthering their education
Senior High School Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 27, 2017
100 phone calls a day
how to relate to everyones situation out there and make a difference in other peoples lives by introducing them to further their eduacation
Very rewarding helping students
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 4, 2017
Helped and encouraged students to advance and further their educational and career for advancement. Helped students to better themselves for their families.
Pros
Watched students excel and advance.
Cons
Competetive
Basically a Sales Job with no commission - Not for everyone
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2016
PROS:
You can help people - many Remington students who have gone on to be successful wouldn't have made it at a regular university. You can also have the chance to develop some great relationships with your students.

Good environment - The Ft. Worth campus is lovely with a waterfall and lots of light. It's in a fairly bad neighborhood, but there is security and the parking lot is well lit.

Staff - I enjoyed working with the staff here. Many have been with the company for 10+ years.

Curriculum - Solid stuff, which makes it easier to sell.

Office - Admissions Reps have offices with nice big windows.

Community Service - Ft. Worth campus is very active in the community with lots of opportunity for volunteer work.

FAFSA - You will know everything there is to know about the financial aid process.

CONS:
Lots and lots and lots of phone calls. Basically you're given a list of people who may or may not be interested (or even eligible) and are expected to call them three times a day. The goal is get this poor harassed person to commit to come in for a tour of the campus. This is basically busy work to supplement walk - ins and appointments set by the corporate call center. I was making upwards to 200 to 300 calls a day towards the end.

Questions - It's illegal to ask potential students some types of questions. Which means many times you finally get someone to come in for an tour, get their and your hopes up, only to find out during the Financial Aid process that they can't get funding. And there's nothing you can do. So now you have a crying person in your office
  more... and the whole thing has been a giant waste of time.

Making Numbers - Like any sales job you have a monthly quota to fill. To this day I still don't know what that is. It was never communicated to me, and no one ever spoke to me about meeting the expectations. This is in spite of the fact that you have absolutely no control over the whether or not someone actually signs up. You can present the program - but you can't make them eligible for financial aid ( and at around $15,000 to $30,000 depending on the program no one can afford it without a loan.) You can answer questions - but you can't fix that they don't have a car/baby sitter/high school diploma, etc, etc.

Paranoia - I was told that every office had a microphone and camera in it, and that all of our incoming and outgoing calls were recorded and monitored. I can see why they did it - but it was enough to make you paranoid.

Benefits - Decent benefits, but PTO is earned per pay period and is on a "Use it or loose it" system that resets once a year. This makes it extremely difficult to take any time off at all.

SUMMARY: If you want a job making pretty good money that involves a minimal amount of brain work, physical movement and you like making phone calls this might be a good fit for you. You do have the opportunity to make a big difference in someone's life. I had students who came in daily before and after class to tell me about their day and to give me a hug. If you're a call center rep looking to transition to a different career path this would be a good stepping stone.
Pros
Good enviroment, Longevity, Friendly Staff, Interesting Programs, Postitive Social Impact
Cons
Difficult Goals, Lack of screening, Benefits, Frustrating
Call center
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo FloridaSeptember 24, 2015
Call center type of setting attempting to get students to sign up for classes.Can difficult because your employment with the company is based on how many students you bring in. No security
Pros
students
Cons
Crazy work hours. must memomorize presentation
Non profit company that is close knit
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 19, 2015
It was a workplace that you can be comfortable being who you are.
Co workers are friendly and the most enjoyable part was the way the CEO cared about his workers.
Pros
holiday pot lucks
Cons
some managers play favorites
Admissions Rep
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Enroll prospective students

Help with career planning and giving campus tours.

Make an average of 150 outbound phone calls.
Pros
Helping people pursue thier passion
Cons
Depending on when walk ins come in, may have to stay past the time you were supposed to leave.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJuly 1, 2014
I loved the staff at Remington College. We were a very productive staff and loved working with our students.
Management plays a lot of games
Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2014
When I was hired I was told I wouldn't do one Sat. a month. Management would give students to favorite employees. They micro manage everything you do. Including listening in on phone calls and student interviews.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
The students are numbers, you aren't really helping anyone
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Garland, TexasJanuary 21, 2014
• Made a minimum of 200 outbound calls to connect with perspective students to create value in setting an appointment to tour the campus.
• Set appointments with prospective student to tour the campus, including researching bus routes and providing directions.
• Advised students about the benefits of obtaining credentials though attending higher education as well as different career paths available within hospitality and restaurant industry.
• Assisted with inquiries about local GED programs, Adult literacy programs and information about low income assistance with childcare, Dart Para-transit, Select Services.
• Interviewing prospective students to qualify for admissions into a variety of programs.
• Finalize admissions paperwork and recordkeeping.
• Developed a pipeline of potential students though personally developed leads.
Family type environment
Admissions Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJune 28, 2013
I enjoy the family type environment have made new friendships over the past 8 months. However, the hours are bad, the types of people we market to are very uneducated and unpleasant and make a stressful day, every day. Thus making this job not something I want to have forever.
Pros
Family type environment
Cons
Short lunches, long hours, bad pay
Teller
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2012
It was ok, my first job right out of college. I have no other comments about this work experience. Thank you!
Great compensation for Admissions but high stress and low job security.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 12, 2012
Typical tech school admissions environment. Great compensation plan but still very challenging to maintain expected levels of sucess.
Pros
great compensation plan
Cons
high stress environment, limited job security