Remington College Employee Reviews for Assistant Instructor

All over the Place
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 31, 2018
The work environment was unorganized. No leadership with experience, high overturn and students don't follow the rules. The chaos and disorganization was unbearable
Medical Assistant Instructor
MEDICAL ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 29, 2018
I love worked with Remington college but it had become a challenge for me working the split shift 3 small kids, So I had to pick one and it was days. In the process of changing shifts I had to pick up another job to help pay bills,
Pros
the staff was great
Cons
split shift
Average
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2017
Average place to work. Considerable staff changes. Great pay. Working hours are not suitable. Get out too late at 10:30 pm. Have to be back at work 8:30 am.
Competitive Compensation and great Culture
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Independent and self-motivating. I learned a lot through team building conferences and workshops. Positive culture was greatly appreciated. management was very supportive and encouraged advancement. The hardest part of the job was the development of assessments and grade submission process. The unannounced meetings were at times inconvenient. The most enjoyable experiences were team building events.
Pros
Team Building and value of employee input
Cons
Unannounced meetings with late notice
good place to work at
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 19, 2017
very good place to work at flexible hours, lots of time off, no on-call, administration staff very pleasant to work for. all holidays off. no one watching your every move
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 16, 2017
I really enjoy the staff and students at Remington College. The management is very supportive of the staff and create fun environment for learning. I highly recommend joining this wonderful staff.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere and autonomy to teach current healthcare standards
Management very unorganized
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2016
Management was very unorganized turn over there was 700 instructors in a 4 year span I loved working with the students to see them flourish and succeed I also taught lecture and lab which included a lot of triage of a patient
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Productive work environment
Medical Assitant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2015
I enjoy teaching the various students that come to Remington College. Not only do I have a part in assisting the students toward graduation but I also enable these students to become valuable assets to the medical field.

My typical day begins at 6:00 - 6:30 Monday through Thursday (Remington is a vocational/trade school and as such we are open only four days a week). I begin by setting up my classroom, greeting the students and then begin lecture. I attempt to make the atmosphere in my class as conducive and enjoyable to learning as possible.

I have learned a great deal form my students. I have learned that every student learns at a different rate and speed. I am a flexible instructor and will go to great lengths to ensure my students comprehend the information that we share.

Management of time is at a premium as we have to front load as much information for the length of time that we have students available.

I work with some of the best co workers that anyone can ask for. Always willing to assist in any shape, form, or fashion.

The hardest part of my job is getting the students to know that I am available any time they needed that little extra push or support. Our students are not some the most financially stable students. But I do not so much focus on their finances as I do on their learning capabilities. A vast majority of the students here have had to make it on their own for so long that the thought of asking for assistance is unmentionable.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the students that I helped GRADUATE and walk the stage at graduation.
  more... This is perhaps my proudest day, my overall reward.  less
Pros
Small class sizes, enjoyable and relaxed working atmosphere, recognition for a job well done
Cons
No sick time, no pay incentives (pay raises have been absent for almost 3.5 years), no taking into account the presence of degree holding instructors (pay wise)
Good Compensation with Long Hours
Medical Assisting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Most all full time faculty positions at this campus are required to work a split shift. I arrive between 5:00am and 5:30am and leave just before 11:00pm. We have a strong team, and I have learned how valuable our educational system is. I have adapted my classroom management, lesson planning, time management and flexibility. My coworkers are supportive and strong; however, the management is not our strongest point here at Remington. I am often left in situations where I am needing a manager and none is available. Or the one(s) available are not able to handle my crisis. I love the students and my favorite part of this job is hearing a student reproduce a skill I taught them- or better, watch them teach someone else!
Pros
Fair Compensation
Cons
Manager
Not a happy place to be
Medical Assisting Instructor, I (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2013
I am a former instructor at Remington, Ft. Worth, morale was absolutely at an all time low when we lost our Dept Chair, she was the glue. Your job is solely based on if the students would recommend the school, you're told to keep the students happy. President sits in his "ivory tower", never in the classroom to see what we faced on a daily basis. They want you to do your job but never given the tools with which you need. I would strongly recommed you reconsider any future employments plans at this school. Their main thing is MONEY, not educating the student, they claim to be not for profit but all that money that students pay for that education is all but flushed down the toilet. Co-workers for the most part are really friendly but you quickly realize who is your friend and who is trying to throw you under the bus. BIG TURNOVER RATE among employees. Whatever you volunteer to do is turned into a full time responsibility with absolutely no appreciation at all. You are at the mercy of the students, with no support from the powers that be.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
it's a job
Professional, productive, fun workplace with people who really care
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 20, 2012
Remington instructors and administration really care about their students, the work, curriculum and one another. It is a really great, not-for-profit place to work and have a hand in preparing their students for life changing careers.
Pros
great support system and comraderie among the instructors
Cons
doing a split shift...
nice place to work
Medical Assisting Instructor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 12, 2012
enjoyed the job, pay wasnt up to par and you could not work 40 hours a week. everyone was part ime.