Remington College Culture reviews

I enjoy the positive environment amidst stressful situations.
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 7, 2018
I work for 10 hrs a day. However, I will have more work to complete on certain days. I have learnt to manage with students from various back grounds and expectations. Management is great and its a very friendly environment with excellent working relationship with staff. I enjoy working at Remington except for Salary, benefits and vacation time.
Nice Place
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHJune 2, 2018
Loved the people I worked with and most of my managers were great, although in the time I worked there I went through four directors of sales.

I really left because of the travel to the job was long and the hours were not typical 9 - 5.
Pros
Fun place and people to work with
Cons
Not the greatest pay
Family at work
General Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2018
A typical day included creating lesson plans and teaching students that were eager to learn. Management was supportive and everyone worked together as team players. The culture was diverse, but everyone accepted and welcomed our differences. The hardest part of my job was trying to help students that I couldn't help (gas money, babysitting issues, life issues).
The most enjoyable part of the job was the commencement ceremony.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
part time never lead to full time
Great Place to work
Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2018
Loved working with student who were eager to learn new material and grow into medical professionals. meeting new people and working with the community
Remington has high turnover in management and with instructors.
LRS Manager and English and Speech Instructor (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 23, 2018
The hardest part of the job was navigating through administration's changing priorities. The workplace culture was not genuinely pleasant and there was a lot of quitting, laying off, and firing.
Pros
Good programs and [some] talented instructors.
Cons
Too much emphasis on "for Profit".
Closed.
Director Allied Health & Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2018
The College was closed by the State of Fl. There were quite a few "situations" that were part of the culture. I left long before these occurred.

This school was closed. I left before that time as it was clear what the history was and the outcome would be.
Pros
Cons
A Very Difficulty Environment for Students
Remington - Dallas
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 26, 2017
Terrible culture, terrible work-life balance, no paid federal holidays for full-time instructors, company tells you when you can take vacation, you don't get a choice in the matter.

There's a new CEO, so maybe it will get better.
No one really knows.
Pros
They could pay worse.
Cons
Too numerous to count.
Overall get place to work
Student Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 26, 2017
Best full-time job I ever had
How to process financial aid
Management is firm but fair
Co-workers are great to work with
The hardest part of my job is going home
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work
Pros
Jean day on Friday's
Cons
Healthcare is a little too expensive
Great Place to work. Great people worked with!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2017
Great Place to work. Great people worked with! I loved the president of the college, I enjoyed working there. I would go back if things where the same.
In transition
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Remington College has a culture that is currently in transition. There are many amazing people who work there. The primary focus of this company is to help students graduate.

Want to know more about Remington College?

Ask a question
Competitive Compensation and great Culture
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Independent and self-motivating. I learned a lot through team building conferences and workshops. Positive culture was greatly appreciated. management was very supportive and encouraged advancement. The hardest part of the job was the development of assessments and grade submission process. The unannounced meetings were at times inconvenient. The most enjoyable experiences were team building events.
Pros
Team Building and value of employee input
Cons
Unannounced meetings with late notice
Productive and rewarding workplace.
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 10, 2017
Productive and rewarding workplace. Interact with a diversity of people. The hours were exactly what I was looking for. The pay was great. Received discounts at the school of cosmetology..
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
Shortage of parking spaces
A great place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 1, 2017
it's a great place to work.................the students are amazing. they really just want someone to be nice to them and just reminded that you understand a lot of what they are going through
Good Job
STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJuly 22, 2017
The job is great, entry level positions with wonderful coworkers. Part time positions for the most part w/ no guaranteed hours. Would recommend to others.
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 16, 2017
I really enjoy the staff and students at Remington College. The management is very supportive of the staff and create fun environment for learning. I highly recommend joining this wonderful staff.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere and autonomy to teach current healthcare standards
Cons
Not a good place to work
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2017
Each day was involved in recruiting students into 5 career-oriented programs and ensuring they stuck to the program to be able to graduate. I learned how to inspire people to realize how they could benefit from these career programs. The management did not understand the culture and did not do enough marketing to support the colleges. The most difficult part was to learn how to do the job on a consistent basis in order to be able to meet the quota for enrollment. The most enjoyable and satisfying part of this job was seeing the students graduate and move into their new careers. It was really life-changing for them.
Pros
Excellent instructors
Cons
Poor marketing and support by corporate management
Assistant Registrar
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  ClosedApril 3, 2017
Great work environment. Constantly meeting new people. Family oriented and numbers driven. It's constantly something to do and learn. Work closely with all departments.
This is my dream come true!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 28, 2016
Meeting people, getting to understand their needs, communication, and doing the best I could. I learned that at the end of the day I did my best. People like I said are all different types, so I don't judge. The hardest part of the job is doing the best I could but it wasn't enough! The best part of the job is knowing that I did a good deed and felt good about it.
Keep Your Dignity
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 14, 2016
If you have to choose between poverty or working for Remington College, choose poverty at least you'll be able to keep your dignity. The administration at this school is a complete joke! The campus president consistently blames the instructors when ADULT students do not show up for class. We are told to be more engaging and 'wow them with our teach abilities'.

When I began I was not introduced to anyone, it seems that we have new faces almost monthly and I can go months without knowing who they are (if they stay that long). The administration does nothing to create a culture at the school. Some days the campus president will look at me and act like see me and then when some walks up right next to me he'll give them a bright and friendly hello.

Several people have been here for years because they truly love the students, and have yet to get a raise. The company charges on average 25K per student but some how can afford to update computers or give the faculty much deserved raises or cost of living increases.

The school also has no moral foundation or care when accepting students. I have come across several that can barely read or that are felons, and they are being told that they can get jobs in the medical field or criminal justice. I'm pretty sure that reading is a basic skill for any job and being a felony will more than likely keep you from being a police officer.
Pros
Students that actually care about getting an education
Cons
Everything else
Open and Challenging
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2016
The organization allows for new open opportunities and challenges you with the existing workload. Challenges are always good for employee development. New leadership, new job culture and ability to be creative.
Pros
Fast Paced Schedules
Cons
Not enough new equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Remington College. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about