Remington Hotels Employee Reviews

Strive for 5!
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 13, 2019
At Remington everyday we strive to achieve our 5 Driver goals as a team. Our aim is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in town, and we hold each other accountable to this end. If you are ready to take on new challenges with a a positive attitude and enjoy winning, this is the company for you.
Pros
Goal Transparancy
Cons
Flexibility
February 19, 2019

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experience with Remington, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best wishes.

If you dont kiss butt you wont last
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Very sad about how my gm failed me. He sucked at his job and always listened to what the controller said. Eeoc and lawsuit coming. Worst company ever.
February 12, 2019

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to light. Your feedback is most concerning and it would be important for us to know more about it. Remington's Fair Treatment policies are very clear about intolerable behavior.

We have many avenues to report and share information: local and regional HR leaders, as well as an Ethicspoint hotline. Given the opportunity, we would like to hear additional details about your experience so that we can attempt to resolve this issue. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Collaborative - Inclusive - Encouraging Workplace
Executive Human Resource Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2019
This is a company that embraces their associates individuality and empowers them to do whatever it takes to make a positive impact on guest service. The company takes an interest in their employees development and career growth. Responsive to feedback and evolving with change. Every member of the Remington Team is valued. Benefits are comparable to the industry. Added perks for a hotel company are travel discounts - always a great perk. Our employees are encouraged to participate in a Debt Free Associate program through the company. Constant communication on updates in technology and streamlining processes to be more efficient. Clear company goals and expectations that when met are rewarded.
Pros
Tuition remibursement, Debt Free Associate Program
February 6, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you feel valued and that you enjoy working with us! We are always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experience, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com. Someone will get back to you shortly!

Best regards.

Great work environment and a wonderful team
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2019
I’ve been working for this company for six months now and I must say that It’s been absolutely great. I have worked for several hotel companies in the area and it’s easy for me to recognize a great work environment. The management team is amazing! I am very lucky to have such wonderful group of people supporting me and my team. Like any other workplace there’s always good days and not so great days, but at the end of the day I go home with a smile and a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Free lunch and parking. Yes, free parking in Los Angeles!
Cons
The only thing I can think of is that there’s only one healthcare provider, but that’s the direction most companies are headed nowadays.
February 6, 2019

Thanks for your feedback; we are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with us! We are always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experience, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you shorly.

Busy Location
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2019
The people that I work with are awesome. There are definitely some challenges with the onboarding process in training and orienting new employees. The general manager is widely available and is very knowledgeable in the business.
Pros
Great Location, great staff
Cons
Pay and training needs to be improved
January 31, 2019

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, for example, how we can improve our training process, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

no good place to work
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 27, 2018
i work here just for cost of living just to support myself in the world i wouden recommend this place to no one they dont wash all the laundry and the worker are older lady thats stuck in there old ways and have nasty attitude they so stuck up in they old way i hated working for this company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no breaks
January 14, 2019

We are sorry to learn that your experience with us and your fellow employees has been less than positive. It’s very important to us to foster a workplace that is positive and productive. If you have time, we would love to hear about your experience and any ways in which you think we could improve the work environment for all employees. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

I'm proud to say I work for Remington Hotels
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 17, 2018
I've had the opportunity to work for Remington twice in the past 10 years. Started off at the property level and now work for corporate office. Remington continues to have a focus on promoting good talent from within our organization. They also have a recruiting staff working diligently to find great talent from the outside. The focus is the future and how we can be better than we already are. I'm proud to say I work for Remington.
January 14, 2019

Thanks for leaving us a review. We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your time with Remington, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sales Leader
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 12, 2018
As a 20 year veteran in the hospitality industry, Remington is TOP NOTCH! A growing company that is doing it the right way. Promoting from within, and they take care of their people. I love coming to work each day. I have the property level interaction, but have the support on the corporate level, which is always appreciated.
Pros
Support, Great environment, Fast Paced, Advancement Opportunities
January 14, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are so pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experiences, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com.

Great Company
Controller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 4, 2018
It is a great Company and fun place to work. Remington treats their employees with respect and listens to them. I would recommend Remington anybody who wants pursue their career in hospitality.
Pros
Fun, Friendly and great company to work with
December 10, 2018

Thanks for leaving such a great review! We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us; we are always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experiences with Remington, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you soon.

Remington Hotels
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 3, 2018
I love the bonus plan and how they compensate you for doing a great job. If you are good in your role they notice and take care of you! I would recommend Remington to anyone in Sales.
December 10, 2018

We are happy to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us and that you enjoy the compensation plans we have in place. If you would like to provide additional feedback, feel free to email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Stressful at times
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2018
I learned a lot and I really liked my coworkers. We really bonded like a family and they do provide meals during required breaks, which is nice in the hospitality field
Pros
Free meals
November 19, 2018

Thanks for your review. We are pleased to hear that overall you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, specifically about mangement, we would be happy to continue the conversation. Please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you soon.

Work Life Balance
Sr Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2018
Work Life balance in the accounting department is terrible, however they are trying to improve month end close with a new process. Overall the department is pretty much laid back. Management does not micro manage. Along as you do your job nobody bothers you.
Pros
Stay at hotels for free and snacks in the break room
Cons
Medical and Dental benefits are not as great as needed.
November 19, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a good experience with your department and management! However, we are sorry to hear that the benefits we have available are not satisfactory. Our goal is to provide employees with the tools necessary to succeed not only within our organization, but in their careers as well. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com.

Use Caution
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha Regency, NENovember 7, 2018
The Omaha property has a lot of issues. Morale among staff is bad. Sales team is cut throat all the way. Property remodeling was a joke. Like putting lip stick on a pig. Management is a revolving door and corporate manager brought in was terrible. Stay away from this property unless you want to have a heart attack at a young age.
November 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn that your experience with fellow employees and the work environment has been less than positive. It’s very important to us that we foster a workplace that is positive and productive for all.

If you have time, we would love to hear more about your experience and any ways in which you think we could improve. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

I really like it here!
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2018
I really like it here. I have worked for various companies small, medium, or large in accounting and typically it was very very stressful and hectic. That isnt the case here. I also experienced lots of office drama and nonsense and that doesn't go on in my experience here. As a company I can say Remington is growing and a welcoming environment

I like what I do, I have a good work life balance and a boss that I like on a professional and personal level.

The drawbacks are pay and benefits. I agree that the pay could be more and the benefits could have more choices, but the price isn't too bad and depending on your health determines your rate, which works out great for me. Also, more chance for advancement! There isnt much opportunity to grow
Pros
Good hours, great work, work life balance, not micromanaged, cost of benefits, welcoming company overall.
Cons
benefits, no room for advancement, pay below industry
October 29, 2018

Thank you for leaving such a kind review! We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us. We value feedback, and hearing from our employees helps us grow and improve the company for everyone.

If there’s anything else you’d like to share with us, for example, how we can improve advancement opportunities, please don’t hesitate to send your feedback directly with the MetroPlus team. You can email us at employee.engagement@metroplus.org.

Best regards.

You get out what you put in!
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2018
I have been with Remington just over a year and I have had a wonderful experience. I am challenged consistently and feel that I am valued for what I bring to my department and hotel. There is definitely a culture of empowerment to drive great service and encouragement to be a part of a team. My leadership is invested in my career development and asks me what I need to progress in my role and I appreciate that.

I do firmly believe that you get out what you put in and this company is on the right track towards being a major competitor in the hotel industry.
Pros
Career Development
October 23, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us this thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that you’re enjoying working with us and that you feel empowered! If you would like to provide additional thoughts or feedback about your experience with us, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com.

Rock Stars
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2018
If you want to learn a lot, develop your sales skills and move up in the hospitality world....Join our team! I truly enjoy my career and have had some great opportunities with Remington Hotels, they believe in me!
Pros
Advancement and Travel Opportunities
October 15, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us in our Sales and Marketing Department! We are always available should you need anything.

Great Place to Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Growing company with positive outlook. Solid Management team that is changing the culture for the better. Comprehensive benefits package and flexible work hours (especially in the summer).
Pros
Time Off, volunteering, free snacks, hotel discounts, great colleagues
Cons
none at this time
September 24, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you’ve had a great experience with Remington! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experience, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email feedback@remingtonhotels.com.

Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. The new COO is driving this company in a positive direction. Love that we have two days of community service each year. It's wonderful to be able to give back to the community.
Pros
Free covered parking, free snacks, quarterly associate events
August 20, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us and that you enjoy the perks and amenities we have available to you. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com.

Remington=Career Growth
HR Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 7, 2018
I have worked for a Remington hotel since 2015 and I can honestly say that my career did not start until my employment began here! The team is highly engaged, motivated and it has an amazing culture with numerous opportunities for growth. The management team has been supportive and helpful with my professional growth here. There is Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability available for Full Time associates, along with complimentary meals for every shift worked, multiple events and gatherings for associates to build their professional relationships with one another, 401k, Executive Savings Plan, College Savings Fund and even Legal Assistance is available! I REALLY recommend coming and joining the team. The company certainly does seem to keep the associates needs in mind!
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Associate Benefits & Family Oriented Work Environment
August 13, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience and see growth opportunities in your three years of employment with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best wishes!

Excellent Chef who always made extra food for employees .
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the pleasure of meeting new people and being able to be of service to them. I also liked how nice the property and the rooms were.
Pros
Free food and drinks.
Cons
Very short breaks.
August 6, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience both with us and the chef at your location! We are always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experience, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you shortly.

Best regards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Remington Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.