Remington Hotels Employee Reviews

Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. The new COO is driving this company in a positive direction. Love that we have two days of community service each year. It's wonderful to be able to give back to the community.
Pros
Free covered parking, free snacks, quarterly associate events
Remington=Career Growth
HR Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 7, 2018
I have worked for a Remington hotel since 2015 and I can honestly say that my career did not start until my employment began here! The team is highly engaged, motivated and it has an amazing culture with numerous opportunities for growth. The management team has been supportive and helpful with my professional growth here. There is Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability available for Full Time associates, along with complimentary meals for every shift worked, multiple events and gatherings for associates to build their professional relationships with one another, 401k, Executive Savings Plan, College Savings Fund and even Legal Assistance is available! I REALLY recommend coming and joining the team. The company certainly does seem to keep the associates needs in mind!
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Associate Benefits & Family Oriented Work Environment
August 13, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience and see growth opportunities in your three years of employment with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best wishes!

Excellent Chef who always made extra food for employees .
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the pleasure of meeting new people and being able to be of service to them. I also liked how nice the property and the rooms were.
Pros
Free food and drinks.
Cons
Very short breaks.
August 6, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience both with us and the chef at your location! We are always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your experience, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you shortly.

overall experience
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2018
The parent company was a very well balanced professional company the local facility we oversaw was new concept and was failing very fast. there were struggles with property owners and keeping them renting. also the facility was to grow and it had stopped half way in the project
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
July 30, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concern. Our goal is to provide employees with the tools necessary to succeed, and we’re sorry you didn’t feel that way with us. Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more from you about your experience. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Quick-paced and fulfilling
Accounting (Current Employee) –  RemingtonJuly 26, 2018
Remington is a great company to learn and grow and develop as a professional. Senior leadership are approachable and engaged (especially more recently) and there are employee-supporting initiatives in place, which are great.

The work is challenging and quick-paced. There are growing pains, though the silver lining is that we're growing.
Pros
Great team, disciplined organization, fast pace, exciting environment
Cons
Can be stressful at times
July 30, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with Remington and your fellow employees! We will always available should you need anything.

If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, for example, how we could make the job less stressful, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you soon.

Thank you!

A happy employee
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 11, 2018
There is no typical day. I have learned so much since I started in this position and I hope to continue to grow. I enjoy the work I do and I love speaking to new people and working with various departments of the hotel!
July 16, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide additional thoughts or feedback about your experience with Remington Hotels, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email at feedback@remingtonhotels.com. We will get back to you shortly!

Best regards.

Good pay for a college student
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 26, 2018
At first Working there was good. My manager made the environment great and the workers loved him. But then I noticed my tips getting stolen and when i told my manager he started to do something about. But then we got news that he was being relocated and when the new gm came in he was uncomfortable to be around.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us. We are always available should you need anything. However, we are so sorry to hear that your tips were stolen! Have you reported this to HR? Feel free to email feedback@remingtonhotels.com about this issue as well. We will get back to you as soon as we can!

Thanks so much.

Oppressive Work Culture
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2018
This environment maintained no balance and zero resilience. They decieve much of midfle management in believing there is attainability in becoming a general manager of a program specifically for mentorship which does not exist. The wage rates are not based on skill set or reference of previous dolid work history but preferential judgement of viable candidates eanging from associates, supervisors, and executive leaders. There are strong overtones of tension daily and no accountability among leadership. Workers are underpaid to salvage for a budget to recieve awards at the end of the fiscal year in rankings acknowledged by Corporate.
July 16, 2018

Hi, we are sorry to learn that your experience with fellow employees and the work environment has been less than positive. It’s very important to us that foster a workplace that is positive and productive for everyone.
If you have time, we would like to hear more about your experience and any ways in which you think we could improve the work environment. Please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Its okay
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 27, 2018
Management works managers to death. no work life balance. upper management lacks respect. it would be really refreshing for upper management to actually listen to operations managers.....
May 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are sorry to learn that your experience with your fellow employees and the work environment has been less than positive for you. It’s very important to us that we foster a workplace that is positive and productive for everyone, as well as allowing employees to use their time off at their convenience.

If you have time, we would love to hear more about your experience and any ways in which you think we could improve the work environment for everyone. Please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

The Sixth Driver is Shattered Lives
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 13, 2018
Management is constantly in flux. If you don’t perform within 30 days of hire, prepare to have a target on your back. If you question the GM, prepare to have a target on your back. They have something called “5 drivers” which is nothing more than basic corporate mumble jumbo. They care nothing about morale. Literally the worst job experience I’ve ever had.
Benefits
Cons
Regional managers are sad, sad overworked sorry excuses for human beings. WHO in their right mind would take one of these jobs?
May 7, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concern. We constantly strive to have a company that rewards great work and inspires employees to believe in our vision. We try to be transparent about how our company works, and helping employees meet their needs is always a top priority.

Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more details from you about your experience and ways in which we can change this perception about our company. Please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you soon.

Very nice!
Took on the lead Project (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2018
Contracted to build a wireless access environment, that would authenticate, via Microsoft NPS Radius, Cisco 5500 Wireless Controller, and domain computers.
June 21, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide more details about your experience, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Did not meet my expectations of working @ a hotel ...do not apply! Training horrible!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 5, 2018
I agree with others who have posted reviews on this place... it's badly managed and they do not train properly for you to succeed. Fake GM comes off nice but can be rude and condescending not just to the staff but to the non-profit on site too! Benefits don't cover much at all; its an HRA and the out of pocket is ridiculous. No real good support/assistance ; no real people who understand. Mostly enjoyed working with the others on staff. I learned this job was a waste of my time unfortunately - there are better hotels out there to work for who have their tools and training down to have management succeed I'm convinced!
Pros
Developed good working relationships with many of the associates
Cons
limited training - all self learn, health insurance does not support a family well, management training lacking, blamed for predecessor issues; not good place to work
May 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We strive to create a work environment that is enjoyable, rewards great work and allows employees to improve their skills.

Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can improve for the future. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you shortly.

Best wishes.

Poor work/life balance
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2018
Accountants work too many hours, including holidays and weekends. It's common to work 12 days straight, each day over 11 hours on average. A monthly Comp day is offered when the work load is current. With the work load it's very rare to be able to take the day and they do not carry over.
Pros
Free snacks
May 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We strive to create a work environment that is enjoyable, rewards great work and allows employees to use their time off at their convenience. Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more from you about your experience working with us and ways that we can improve. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you shortly!

Look elsewhere
accounting (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2018
Horrible company. Only apply if its your last resort.. your very last option. I have nothing positive to say except you get good hotel stays and the other employees that are not management are great
May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. If possible, we would love to hear more details from you about your experience with us and ways in which we can improve for the future. Please don’t hesitate to send us an email to feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks so much.

company cons
Corporate Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Company does not understand how to use their software, processes are still too manual. Hours can be challenging, company has a problem with hiring people who are pursuing their education
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of training, long hours
May 14, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concern and for taking the time to leave us with a review! If possible, we would greatly appreciate more details from you about how we can improve training for everyone at Remington. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you shortly.

Best regards.

The employees are not happy going to work
Executive Member (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Upper management, DVPs, CEO cares zero about their employees. They only cares about numbers and making money. The hours worked weekly just ridiculous. They want you to schedule yourself for 50 hours weekly yet you have to work minimum of 60 plus hours on a weekly basis. No personal life outside of Remington. Everyone seems afraid and scared.
Pros
Not bad health insurance if you don't have a family
Cons
Too many hours required in a week
May 14, 2018

Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can improve. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

High Turnover. Miserable Staff. Insulting Pay
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 17, 2018
Faces come and go constantly. Managers get replaced often. Employee level staff doesn't stay more than a few months before they quit. Managers have little desire to train and promote from within to give staff the opportunities they want unless they speak Spanish. Managers make decisions to cut costs while sacrificing quality of service for guests and happiness of staff.
Pros
The building has a decent reputation from guests
Cons
Too many to list
May 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Our goal is to provide employees with the tools necessary to succeed within not only within Remington, but in their careers as well. We try to be transparent about how our company works, and helping employees meet their needs is always a top priority.

We’re sorry that you felt your goals aren’t met at Remington. Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can improve for the future. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best wishes.

Worst company ever - do not work here!
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2018
If I could give this company all zero stars I would. This company does not care about their employees whatsoever. It is all about numbers, numbers, numbers. If the property is not meeting scores they blame everyone under the management team when the management team is supposed to be the one guiding employees to take care of guests. This company does not like to promote within even if you've worked with the company for 2 plus years. If you want a career in hospitality DO NOT WORK for this company. You will go nowhere.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks, Extemely Low Pay
May 21, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concern. We constantly strive to have a company that rewards great work and inspires employees to believe in our vision. Giving employees the resources they need to find success is a critical part of our mission. We try to be transparent about how our company works, and helping employees meet their needs is always a top priority.

Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can change this perception about our company. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Remington knows what they are doing.
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Great company, outstanding leadership, and I should have never left them. They always looked at the big picture and had the best interest of the employees at heart.
May 29, 2018

We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience with us -- and we're sorry to see you go! If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about your employment at Remington, we would be happy to continue the conversation via email. Feel free to drop us a line at feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you shortly.

Best wishes!

Good job to have.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VADecember 7, 2017
I love working here just wish there was more pay and/or benefits. It's very tiring with low ball pay. Work is less stressful when everyone works together, but overwhelming when you have to pick up the slack for others that are still working the same time or day you are.
May 29, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you love working at Remington! If you would like to talk to us about additional details about your experiences, for example, how we can make the work environment less stressful or how we can get all employees to work together more cooperatively, please let us know. We are always available should you need anything. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Remington Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8