REMINGTON Employee Reviews

Good job, good pay
MACHINE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, ARApril 24, 2018
Awesome benefits, alot of opportunities for advancement, great work environment, spectacular training, great people working there, the company cares for employees
Not a good place to work.
Assembly/Range/packing and final inspection (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2018
Remington's pay scale is way off from what the news and the internet put out. I have never worked for a company that thinks so little of thair employes.
Pros
The people/workers are great and positive.
Cons
The managment is atrosius. And bad parts all the time.
It was good as far as having a job
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2018
Theres no job security. Management to employee communication was poor, while trying to maintain a stress free and safe environment they couldnt seem to maintain a consistent flow of quality parts ...
Pros
Good insurance, Building Firearms
Cons
Management, communication, organization
Worst company I've ever been apart of
Group Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 20, 2017
Remington is the most poorly ran place of work I have ever even heard of. Nobody there has a clue about what they are doing. I have been cussed out by management on more than one occasion. Your job is always on the line and management is always looking for a reason to fire an hourly employee, I would know because I was a supervisor there for 2 years. DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR REMINGTON!!! I wouldn't suggest my worst enemy to work there.
Pros
50% disount on poorly made firearms
great place to work
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 6, 2017
I have no complaints other than the cut of hours. Can wear sweats and no makeup with no judgement. Leads are busy but make the time to listen if you are serious in your attitude.
awful place to work
Duties- Short term internship (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 16, 2017
Terrible place to be employed. As an engineer you are always under super high amounts of stress and they expect long hours. The benefits are small and most engineers don't last long there.
Stressful environment due to falling sales
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 27, 2017
Working with factory workers was wonderful! But management was stressed and angry, due to falling sales. Not owned by Remington & will be sold asap.
Pros
Meeting so many hard workers who manufactured the guns!
Cons
Lack of respect & encouragement for those workes.
Management needs managing
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 19, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone if you have a family and children you need security of knowing the next dsy you will have a job these people are laying off and firing multiple people "because the business isn't doing good" finding something more secure and thriving would be your best bet do your research
Pros
Gun manufacturing
Cons
Management pay scale buddy system rules broken for others
its a clean work place
Assembly/Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 9, 2017
it was a nice an fun place to work good people nice work envirorment
got alone with all my fellow employees. i love making guns for the company but the company have a alot of growing
Lots of overtime, fun people to be around
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, KYMay 4, 2017
This place gave a lot of overtime if wanting to work. I was willing to work it. It was very busy, however, plant shut down. I also went and got my CDL so I could go on the road.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
This business shut down
Decent plant
Wet Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 5, 2017
Nice hours, pay could be better. Benefits are ok. I run the black oxide and waste water treatment for Remington. Nice place to work, good people, very clean plant
Productive workplace
Assembly and testing (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 3, 2017
This company is a good company to work for. The only downside is the pay scale that is in place in not very good. They have a problem with testing the firearms with lead poisoning that is possible.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Pay scale is not sufficient
Fast paced. Great employees. Great coworker relationships.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2017
Faced paced work place. Exciting challenges. Casual dress environment creates comfortable work environment.

Hardest part of the job: Last minute requests. Most enjoyable part of the job: Accomplishing the very same last minute requests.
Pros
Birthday Floating Holiday
Cons
No time for breaks. Limited training. Healthcare benefits.
This place is not a place to work at.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 11, 2017
Remington arms outdoor company is a great company for guns. However the work place is way different. i would not recommend anyone to apply. The turn over rate is extremely high and willing to fire any one they can.
self Independ
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 21, 2016
On typical day was come to work knowing what to do management was well prepare and learn all kind Remington equipment I really love working for them was great hours were flexable to my needed and help me to still stay school.
Pros
take lunch when every i want to
Cons
not enough hours
N/a
PBX Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2016
This company does not provide the tools for their hotels to be successful. They think that what works for one hotel would work for all of their hotels. They're completely out of touch with how to run hotels. This company has a lot of turn over due to lack of support for their properties along with not providing competitive pay. For managers, there is no work life balance as it is their expectation for managers to work 6 days. This is the worse management company out there, log on to their direct site to see how many open managerial spots there are, it speaks volumes.
Disappointing place to work
Bartender/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIOctober 21, 2016
I would rather not say.
Let's just say I don't work for managers who bully employee's that have worked there for years.
I don't have anything else to say
Pros
No pro's, no discounts on anyhitng.
Productive and educational place to work.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, KYSeptember 26, 2016
Remington was a great opportunity and work experience. While working with Remington I was given the chance to excel with my Management Qualities in a Professional Environment.
Do Not Work Here
Banquette Server / Server (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Long hours on servers pay. Mean boss. Touchy customers. no compensation. No guarantee for hours. jhjkhlkujhuigjknh jkhtguygb
beautiful view and fun environment to work in.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COSeptember 6, 2016
usually a slow day unless any member books the whole restaurant out, but other than that usually busy with walk ins or people scheduling for seating. Management was not bad depending on who manages. coworkers were really helpful no matter how busy or slow and we always got along. But the hardest part of the job was whenever they got a rush it would get really hard to set people at tables and tell the waitresses what tables they have.
Pros
free soda, discount on food when working and not working, team work
Cons
when members walked in they were always treated higher than other people that are just visiting, not a lot of advertisements to let people know there is a restaurant and not just a golf course.