REMSA Employee Reviews

Great place but a stressful job
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 7, 2018
Working in the Reno 911 system is stressful and busy but is still a rewarding career. Remsa communicatuons offers competitive pay with varied day or night schedules. This job is for high-functioning individuals who enjoy a quick pace environment.
Pros
Excellent benefits and pay!
Cons
Retirement not competitive with government agencies.
Supportive and community-oriented
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 23, 2018
This company truly has the best interest of their employees and community in mind. All employees are encouraged to have a voice and are given ample opportunities to shine and perform their best. The field and dispatch work can be rigorous, but rewarding. Communication, a positive outlook, and mental and spiritual upkeep are helpful to an employee's success in a career at REMSA.

I feel the greatest room for improvement would be with some management and job culture. Specifically, REMSA seems to be afraid to let go of the very few who no longer work toward bettering themselves in their middle- to upper-management jobs. As far as job culture, there are lots of opportunities for improvement of consistency and accountability for all employees, and I do see changes made toward remedying these.

I feel REMSA works daily to uphold their mission and vision statements and values their employees and their families.
Pros
Variety of career options, excellent benefits
Cons
Pay, while good, is not competative with government subsidized first responders
Great working environment and supportive team
Community Programs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 18, 2018
REMSA is a great organization that really tries to help its community. As a non-profit EMS system, REMSA sees the importance of educating the community and beyond. REMSA wants the community to take a proactive approach to safety through their various outreach education programs that include child passenger safety, safe sleep, Hands-only CPR and pedestrian safety.

My manager sees the importance of outreach education and is very supportive and actively helps to promote these efforts.

Great job to be out in the community and be able to have a one-on-one conversation with everyday citizens.
Pros
Great benefits, continuing education assistance, discounts
Management Does Not Care
AEMT (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 14, 2018
I had intended to stay with this company for a long time. I changed my mind because their HR does not know how to do their job. You will get little support from management with problems. They say that they care about their employees but when the time comes they do not. They pick and choose who they write up. When you try to reach out to management you will never hear from them unless its on their terms.

They have a high turn over rate for a reason and that is because everyone is miserable there. You will be worked hard because they are always losing people.
Pros
lots of overtime if you want it
Cons
HR department is a JOKE
REMSA is one of the best EMS agencies I've worked for
AEMT (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 25, 2017
After a few months with the organization I can easily say that the company is without a doubt one of the better organizations I've worked for.

REMSA is a High Performance system that I feel focuses on the employee. REMSA uses what I would call a modified system status approach that includes set posts and fixed posts that allow crews to stretch their legs and relax in a "station like setting". There are 12-16-24 shift options available.

The system can be busy at times (special events, bad weather, and when there are sick calls) however the supervisors, managers and field qualified office staff help by manning units.

As an AEMT there are options for overtime all the time, which really helps my bank account out. Specialized teams are something that many paramedics like and I hope to one day be a part of.

The protocols are fairly comprehensive, and there is opportunity to be flexible (with in reason of course) to best treat patients. I feel the culture is great at the time.

This organization is somewhere I could see myself being for along time because of the in-house medic program, or if decide to go fire I know that the fire departments in California and Nevada see this system as one of the best and prefer candidates that have worked for REMSA>

Also we have a great new CEO that has made awesome changes!

:-) NEW AMBULANCES are Great and provided Tactical Vests make me feel safe because Reno has a lot of Trauma.
Pros
pay, Reno is booming and Awesome, Uniform, Education and other Perks.
A Machine that does not care about employees!!!!!!!!
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 20, 2016
Once a great company and good leadership has now become a horrible place to work and the management is of high school mentality....
No possibility of advancement unless part of the in crowd, built on deceiving new employees and lacks loyalty to current and long term employees..
Leadership lacks the following.....
INTEGRITY
HONESTY
RESPECT
MANAGEMENT SKILLS
BOTTOM LINE STAY AWAY FROM HERE!!!!!!!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at REMSA. Our community is ready to answer.

REMSA Reviews by Location