Renaissance ClubSport Employee Reviews

Awful management
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE. the pools were always way too unbalanced chemically and the swim teachers would get rashes constantly. The management for the swim department is also incredibly disrespectful and unreasonable. The other teachers are underqualified and underrated. They are all incredibly disrespectful and create a toxic and unpleasant environment.
Pros
Free gym.
Cons
Rashes, drama
A fun and healthy place to work
SPA & RETAIL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 2, 2018
A fun and healthy place to work, great members and co workers. Many great positions and room for growth with this company and encouragement to be healthy!
Unfair environment
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 7, 2017
I put in my time here at the renaissance working at the hotel front desk side. There's no room for advancement, there's no appraisal from the leadership team whatsoever and there's ALOT of favoritism. It was a great learning experience and I took a lot from my time there but the culture and environment was unprofessional and unfair. Also the pay wasn't good (more or less a dollar or 2 from minimum wage. Yes everyone started different. There was a girl that actually started before me and was making a whole dollar less than me) and they promote annual raises, i didn't get mine untill a year in a half in and it was a joke.
Pros
Marriott and Starwood discounts
Cons
Favoritism, unfairness, no appraisal for your work, no career advancement
Fantastic Company
Floor Coverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Working at the Ren has been a great opportunity for me. The management and Executive Team have been nothing short of amazing. Willing to assist, coach and accommodate me as I grow within the company. The additional Marriott and Leisure Sports perks are of course nothing to scoff at, as you receive a complimentary membership to a top notch facility
Great team members, beautiful health club, fun work environment
Lead Receptionist/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 16, 2014
Great work environment to work in. I had the opportunity to work here for two years, I was able to work in the spa industry while also selling retail and maintaining daily sale goals. Loved all my team members and staff throughout the health club/hotel. Management was very approachable and friendly, loved working here and building the relationships I did. Customer service was always the number one priority and I enjoyed upholding Marriott standards.
Pros
Free membership, Marriott room rate discount
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 17, 2014
Only one bar with one bartender per shift which is a great opportunity for the experienced bartender to make good money. Hotel scene, so constant stragglers and also the regulars from the gym. Gym membership is great if you live nearby and don't mind returning to work to exercise. Employee discount all Marriott brand hotels and locations.
Pros
benefits, good money
Cons
long shifts
Terrible place to work-Walnut Creek, Ca
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Walnut CreekSeptember 7, 2013
This was the most awful spa I have EVER worked at! The spa director will try to get you to work for free. If you are not booked you are required to stay around just "incase" you get booked, but you are not getting paid a penny. This Spa does absolutely no marketing outside of the hotel/gym/spa to promote the spa with their part. The turn around of employees should give people a clear idea of why this spa is not very successful. VERY SHADY
Pros
Cons
compensation pay, unorganized
Good vibes, fun crew to work with, nice people, good opportunities
Prep Chef (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 10, 2012
Awesome people to work with in the kitchen, free food as a cook, easy but fun and delicious plates to prepare.
Pros
good people to work with, good work environment
Cons
strict upper-management, late hours sometimes
Great facility and Great Coworkers
Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 20, 2012
I spent four years with RCS as a massage therapist in the spa. I got to know the trainers and the club members pretty well while I was there. Everyone had a great work ethic and mentality about the job they did. The members were appreciative and friendly. The hardest part of the job was when the economy took a dive. It was hard for the business which made it harder for the employees. Most of us were troopers however and did the best we could with the situation.