Renewal by Andersen Employee Reviews

Great product, unhappy sales rep culture
Retail and Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 6, 2018
Management was poor. They didn't seem to care about employees involved in sales. They didn't promote based on qualifications or need, but on who they like. You could be grossly incompetent but that never bothered them if they liked you. You could be incredibly good at your job, but if you were at odds with a favorite they treat you like dirt. Great part-time or temp thing if you just don't care about gross incompetence and disrespect from management.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, commission opportunity
Cons
No advancement, incompetent management
Relaxing, friendly people
Materials Picker (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNDecember 3, 2018
Start the day out with stretches for safety. Learned to drive a tugger to deliver parts to the assembly lines. Pulled parts per customers order and check for quality.
Pros
Closer break room to department
Cons
Contract work
Had a amazing operations manager
Chamber Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 3, 2018
Wanted to move into event coordinator or management and the opportunity just was not there.
I did get small promotions regularly. Loved the constant ability to try new things and challenge yourself. You spend most of the time alone talking to People passing by. So having an outgoing personality is a must.
Pros
Great team
Cons
To many chiefs per Indians.
Don't work here
Field Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 28, 2018
If you need something to get you by for like 2 weeks, go ahead try it out. Otherwise STAY AWAY. Ive done field and phone canvassing for 4 years and this is by far the worst company ive ever worked for.
Good company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 25, 2018
Good company, but hard to find good experienced window installers in a very healthy construction market in Boise, Idaho. Can be very busy at times....
Sexual-harassment
Canvasser/Set Appointments (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 23, 2018
Has employees that will make fun of sexual orientations. I really don’t have any positive things to say about this company, if you don’t meet a quota per week you will Be fired.
Marketing Agent
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 21, 2018
I helped generate leads for the sales team in a retail enviroment as well as certain events. There was not really much room to move up in the company or room for advancement.
Very Strange Job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 20, 2018
The process to achieve success in the job is very odd. Management does not really communicate with its employees, hours are horrible. Seems like something to do if your bored.
Pros
Cons
no communication, awkward job atmosphere
It was not my best experience
Proximity team (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXNovember 16, 2018
I did my work keep my head down and did what I was supposed to do. Regardless of the work environment I always exceeded sales expectations. I work hard no matter what is thrown my way.
Revolving Door
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJNovember 16, 2018
Intense training followed by awful sales management. You can’t sell 30000 worth of windows in a house worth 100k. The product is great but if you look to the left and right and in the mirror all 3 will be gone 6 weeks out of training. There are very few reps making any money.
Pros
Waste of time
Cons
Waste of time
renewal by andersen
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 16, 2018
this is a great place to work. the people there are very fun to be around and you can make a ton of money. they have a great benefits program. the only bad thing is the managers do play favorites pretty hard even though they say they dont.
Pros
free lunch on tuesdays, great pay, friendly office people, make your own schedule
Cons
the management needs a lot of improvement. they are fake and bias
Good opportunity if you’re a sales pro
Design Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CANovember 8, 2018
Great company to work for with great earning potential. I enjoyed selling to prospective homeowners, however, did not enjoy corporate’s lack of patience; they expect you to consistently close at 25% or higher selling a product and service that costs 3 times what the competition does. There’s about 5 or 10 core sales reps (design consultants) that have more than 10 years of experience who are their main producers (who wouldn’t close at 25% or higher with that much experience!?). The rest the new hires go through the the high turnover revolving door. If you don’t start closing at 25% after 3 months you’re axed. And expect to drive at least 300 miles per week to all your appointments, their Laguna Hills office covers all of Orange County, parts of LA county, and of the Inland Empire from Hesperia and Lake Arrowhead all the way down to Palm Desert.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Tons of driving, high pressure to perform.
productive and fun and they even have a ping pong table
Proximity Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2018
A typical day would be you get there and you clock in. then you play some pingpong for about 15 minutes. then we leave to turf which is whatever part of colorado we go to for that day we knock for about 3 to 5 hours. get picked up then drive back to the office, then do it all again tomorrow.
Pros
active, long lunch, easy money
Cons
long days in weather
Tin Men situation
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 31, 2018
If you want to work in a Boiler Room movie, then this is the place for you. Abusive sociopath for a "sales manager". Absolutely no pertinent product training or coaching; just public abuse. STEER CLEAR
Great product, horrible management
MEASURE/SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2018
I wish that the San Antonio office was not as small as it was. It is ran by people who have known each other for a long time and if you don't fit in, they will try to get rid of you.
RUN!! Don’t walk RUN
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 28, 2018
This job is NOT worth your health and family sacrifice you WILL make. Pay is stupid, no loyalty from anyone in the company, training is a joke.
Just don’t do it!
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAOctober 24, 2018
Great job very goof great people and very easy theirs a test in training that chooses if you keep the job its easy but stressful but nothing u cant handle
not what I thought a big company should be.For the money people pay.
helper (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 23, 2018
First off prior to being hired through a sub contractor.I watched a video on you tube sponsored by them.It was nothing like that.It not a uniform company where everyone works as a team, even if there is more than one crew at the same house.Most of these guys are good at the craftsmen side of the job but lack customer skills.By this I mean they don't take the time in interact with the customer(especially when the customers make small talk)Its more like leave me alone and get when job is finished.Also the crews are allowed to bring these portable radios and blast whatever music they want inside customers home.Even if it was music with vulgar language second Placing your tools on customers bed was A big thing that bothered me.Those tools have been in your hand and on the floor all over.To place them on a clean bed is disrespectful.Also with some larger crews they acted as if was there house, load talking and joking.I saw some customer leave.It was like bunch of guy at a bar acting up
Pros
company shirts and shorts, to use when I change oil on my cars
Cons
The whole work environment.cut throat, subs doing what ever they want.with no fear of being remanned
It is a pretty good place to work.
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 14, 2018
A typical work day 8 to 10 hours plus drive time. Scheduling could be a little more consistent. Middle management could be more on contact. Should have meetings more often on jobs because it's different problems..
Pros
Lots of work. Good work environment..
Cons
Poor scheduling communication
had a good run at the job takes maintaining a mindset to hit higher sales goals
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2018
typically communicate arrange meetings and interviews with future prospects and generate leads through events management and creating business with my team.a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renewal by Andersen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight