Renewal by Andersen Employee Reviews

Until management changes again don’t work there
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 10, 2018
Was a great place to work until new sales manager took over and demanded Unethical sales tactics and supported deceptive facts to customers with no support or ability to voice concerns to HR department (there is no HR department ) unfortunate that upper management does not monitor his actions and only cares about bottom line
No opportunity for advancement
Withheld (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2018
There were few, if any, opportunities for advancement within the company. And the pay is so low that I would never have been able to build a retirement.
Cons
No career advancement, no chance to build retirement
Not great
Canvassing Manager (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYAugust 5, 2018
You have to live in the world of rejection and the management isn’t great, your often times going to miss out on override every month with their seemingly unobtainable quotas, however good work experience if you want to persue a job in sales and good money if you have impeccable people skills.
Pros
Commission
Cons
6 day work week, start late
Golden opportunity
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 5, 2018
Dedicate yourself to this company and it is very rewarding. Great place to work overall. I was able to quadruple my income in my first year and was given the opportunity to advance to management in 6 months.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Working evenings and weekends
Started out great, ended horibly
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2018
When I first started there was only 3 people in the office and it was great. When I left the company it was because there was to much micro managings.
No Brainer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 3, 2018
Management was very focused on "The Process". If and when you had a question you were immediately directed to "Read the Process" no additional direction or guidance. When an error was made, you would get a verbal warning followed by termination.

Your previous work experience, knowledge and suggestions were not welcomed when trying to reduce redundancy which created room for errors.

Benefits:
No Vacation time for one year. After one year it's 7 days (personal & vacation time combined)
No Holiday pay for the first 90 days
No Sick/Personal time for one year
Branch Manager has a nasty-cocky attitude. He would approach employees with a "Bully" attitude trying to intimidate them. Creating a toxic environment.
Pros
No thought required. Just follow "The Process"
Cons
Didn't have room for fresh ideas.
I love Renewal
Canvasser/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIJuly 31, 2018
Amazing Company! I learned so much and it has opened so many doors for me! Great base pay and commission, great hours, and great people! Thank you for the opportunity!
Great Place To Grow!
Canvass Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 31, 2018
I had the ability to work in multiple departments. They grew my sales and communication skills in business and provided a model in which to structure my future.
Cut throat environment that thrives on favoritism
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2018
If you are looking for a highly rewarding competitive environment, keep looking. You are promised 2-3 qualified leads per day, and expected to close 25%.

What you aren't told is that you will be driving all over the city to unqualified leads and expected to use high pressure sales tactics to get people to buy on the spot.

The turnover is extremely high due to this. It's not what you are to expect from a sales position.
Pros
high income potential
Cons
unfair competitive environment, unqualified leads, time wasted driving everywhere
Canvasser
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 30, 2018
knock on doors to set appointments with homeowners for a window salesman to come and sell them glass door or windows. Paid hourly plus commission. High turnover, saw a lot of new faces in my short 3 months spent there. My reason for leaving was this was a summer job and school had resumed.
Pros
exercise
Cons
always outdoors even in rain
challenging workplace
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 27, 2018
overall a good working environment, the biggest problem is the is only so much room at the top. as with most sales organizations, it & harder to stay there.
Don't be fooled by their indeed ad
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJuly 27, 2018
This outfit churns through sales reps like they were toilet paper! If you can tolerate the month + training and you actually get into the field selling at the end (which is not very likely) then you will discover the scam they are offering in their ad. Once in the field you will discover why they recruit as many new people as they can each and every month. Your day-to-day will be to take all the bottom of the barrel "leads" (in quotes because they're not really leads) to allow their seasoned reps to focus on any homeowners who are actually interested in the product. The remainder of your day-to-day will be spend in more training (they'll call it "coaching" at that point), you'll be forced to attend installations appointments (for which you earn $0.00) , you'll be forced to attend measure appointments (for which you earn $0.00), you'll be forced to write "thank you cards" to fellow co-workers or sit in a room and cold call from a script while they monitor you.

If you chose to interview with RBA, ask these questions:
How many new people do they hire each year.
How many make it through training.
How many people earn the money they advertise in the post in the first year or even second year.
And most importantly; How much time are you expected to spend in the office of you're not on the road selling.

My advice is to stay away and don't be fooled by a pie-in-the-sky ad they place on Indeed.
Pros
Zero pros
Cons
Scam
Great Environment
In-Field Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2018
Hot Summer Days knocking 100+ doors. Hourly plus bonuses. Very competitive and requires a lot of hustle. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to make their way into sales. Its great experience with great training.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Outside, Hot, Low Pay, Competitive, hourly
Disapointed
Production Installation manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2018
It's a shame that you save an owners Dallas TX franchise for him, that allows him to expand to Atlanta and not loose his franchise to Corporate due to terrible customer satisfaction scores that they accumulated before you arrived. The thanks you get is they hire people that were let go from another company to take your place and don't have the common decency to tell you why.
Pros
Cons
No Loyalty
A summer job or side hustle
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 18, 2018
There is no room to move up in this company, the manager only gives the good events to those who have been there longer than others. Their expectations are RIDICULOUS, they expect you to get appointments at every event no matter what event it is and you are not allowed to sit at all (normally 5-8 hour shift). The pay is not bad but anything other than the hours you need to keep asking the manager for your money if not you will not get it. Overall if you're looking for a little part time gig its alright and you will meet some nice people who will work with you. Side note: there is ALOT of travel and only miles over 45 will be covered.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Travel, expectations, management
Productive workplace with many incentives, bonuses, and commission offered for sales and good work.
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 17, 2018
A typical work day for canvassers would be an afternoon meeting to see where we were at as a company, what our goals were, how far we were from our goals, how each one of us are personally doing, and how we can improve individually and corporately. We would do some role playing and then would hit the field and begin solicitation. The group of guys was a great team to work with: morale boosters, encouragers, beneficial criticisms, and great jokesters.

Management was also very convenient and allowed for doctors appointments or emergencies to be taken care of with little or no notice whatsoever.

Due to the chance of being out of town every other week, it is nearly impossible to get any other job that will allow for three days off while you are out of town.
Pros
Great base pay along with bonuses and commission; set schedule
Cons
Difficulty attaining any other job due to the out of town trips
Extremely Unorganized
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2018
Management is very unorganized and if you're a rep you are basically invisible to them. Training was average, pay structure would be more fair if they reimbursed for gas. Travel every single day and expect to work 12 or more appointments per week.
Amazing atmosphere
Customer Service- Sales (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2018
It is a great company to work at and the skills I have been learning, are very valuable for me. Great workplace culture and management. Highly recommended.
poor salary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
requires you to meet door to door sales - long late hours - on your feet for long period of times - poor benefits - had to work (walk) on bad weather days
Best Decision I've Made
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 29, 2018
Joining this team was the best career move I've made. I was a little on the fence initially, as I joined from a larger company with a more broad scope of work, but I'm so glad I did. Great and supportive coworkers who want to see you and the company succeed and a management staff that's dedicated to helping drive the business in the right direction. Our location has it's growing pains, but the overall mood is to find solutions and get through it together, instead of the 'every man for himself' that I've experienced at other places. This isn't a company for someone who wants to coast and just do the minimum. The team is driven to see the company succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renewal by Andersen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight