Renewal by Andersen Employee Reviews

slow paced structured process
Receptionist/ telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2019
Very clean, and organized work environment, with circumstantially specific job requirements, and details. Honest and Trusted Employees with customer support in their conduct.
bad place bad people
Installer suppervisior (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 6, 2019
they sold the franchise while I was their the new owners were the most terrible people I could not work for them they unfairly fired many people as sone as I seen this I had to find another job totake care of my family
Pros
Cons
everything
Can make money but its a heavy price to pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJFebruary 4, 2019
6 days a week including nights. Easy to make 100k but don't forget to deduct all your vehicle depreciation and gas and expenses as those you pay. If leads were randomized it would be much better place to work. It is a big lie that all leads are the same. Do you think it's easier to sell 25-30k worth of windows to a 175k house or to a 750k house? Also all lower value homes it's credit and approvals etc where many of the top leads are mostly cash buyers and want the best. Don't expect to make 250k unless you are company poster boy and best friends with sales manager. It is a very political fake environment and so not worth the 120k a year most make. It costs them almost nothing to keep you around to run all the one or two window leads. Yes you can turn them into big sales - 5% of the time. Instead of passing on those leads they figure a small sales success percentage is better since it's on the reps to try and make it work.
Pros
Over 100k easy if you have skills
Cons
Hours, Playing Favorites, Too many lies
Horrible Culture and Management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 1, 2019
Sadly, the image projected to customers of this company is not what an employee can expect to experience on a daily basis. Unless you're a fan of favoritism, politics, back biting, cliques and other ridiculous shenanigans.
Opinions of employees change as quickly as the weather, and you can be out on your ear as quick as you can blink. Training and job security are zero. My direct report manager was great, there were some really good people who worked there, but give this one a pass.
Poor management/No diversity
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNJanuary 31, 2019
If you are not Caucasian, you're chance of getting a job here is 0.5%.
They have about 300 employees in the corporate office in Cottage Grove, MN. Less than 10 are with different ethnicity. Management and upper management are ridiculous. They play favoritism, you will never get promoted or a raise if they don't like you.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no room for growth within the company, not diverse at all in the office
Sales Reps Beware
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJanuary 23, 2019
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Extremely stressful environment. Owner will scream at you to sell this highly overpriced product. They make you memorize a 27 page script and then they want you to regurgitate it word for word to their customers. Most customers are mad when you show up because they have agreed to the 90 mins but don't really want to listen to you for that long. The turnover rate there is extremely high. Only a small group of people have worked there for a long period of time. Don't believe their exaggerated figures on what you will make. That core group of people make good money but its unlikely anyone else will.
Cons
manager watches your every move
Call center / isc agent (Former Employee) –  Downown TomballJanuary 23, 2019
Micro management. A Manager always looking over your shoulder. Heavy criticism followed by praise. 40 week but If you log 1 minute of overtime, you get a written reprimand. No personal phones allowed on site. No smoking on property. No drug test. Back ground checks. ok to be late. Cold calling. Filter customers as to viable profitability. 1 hour lunch.
Pros
hourly
Cons
Micro management, gestapo training methods
Great hours, lots of OT but, they do not care about your ideas or concerns. Your treated like a number.
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNJanuary 22, 2019
If you have a problem you never know who to talk to because they are always changing supervisors, and when you do talk to one your pushed away. Your treated like a number. It was great hours with a lot of overtime and the pay is great but, it isn't worth it to put up with that much negativity.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2019
Easy to lrean new stuff and a good place to start your career. Really good benefits too and Andersen a very safe work place, safety is their first priority.
I overall enjoyed it but they had a few cons
Canvasser/Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2019
I really enjoyed the team environment and weekly pay incentives to keep the team motivated. Certainly worked on me as I am entirely money motivated, the main con at Renewal by Andersen, for me, was how for the entirety of my employment I was told that I was full time status, starting about 6 months in and management said that I would quickly receive all of my employee benefits and at no time did I ever receive any. I am extremely unsatisfied with their HR & management for never being able to sort this out or point me in the proper direction that I may do so myself, rather they ignored the issue altogether.
Pros
Great hourly plus bonuses, great team, great atmosphere
Cons
Lack of benefits received, lack of effective response from management
No loyalty to employees. Meat grinder
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Hard working loyal employee for over 7 years. Risked life and limb working for this company on multiple occasions and after 7 years I get laid off and replaced by someone with 0 knowledge of our product or trade industry and 6th Production manager I had since I started working there laid me off after being there for 2 weeks after coming from Home Depot to the Top windows in the industry. Haha trash company that will use you but will not remain loyal to anyone if they cost them too much.
Pros
Company vehicle, good pay, benefits
Cons
Micro manage, always worried about being fired, bad management
Good bennefits
Window Installer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 15, 2019
As far as window and door companies go I believe RBA to be top notch. I’ve worked for all the big companies and small and feel they have it together the best of them all. They invest in their employees. Fair pay and good bennefits. Mandatory saturdays on a regular basis and long days make work and home life balance tough. Especially sense you never know when you’ll be done for the day. But if you’re looking to make money and don’t have a dog or wife or kids you have to get to in any specific time frame it’s a good job. Also will train those who apply themselves.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Mandatory saturdays
Bookkeeer
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJanuary 15, 2019
There is no Bookkeeping job. All they want to do is hold interviews Every week they post the same ad and call different people in for a interview. There is no job. Don’t waste your time. Save your gas money. Cranford does not have a open bookkeeping position
Pros
Cons
No job available for a bookkeeper
Hope you get lucky
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 15, 2019
Management is stretched pretty thin to give enough attention to new Design Consultants. Whatever you do, do not complain about how far you are driving and you will drive a lot with the job. The company benefits are great but unless you are or become one of the golden club then you will not be given much time of day. The company itself is good but the management has to hit numbers and weed out the heard in 3-4 months so perform or else......
Pros
Good benefits program
Cons
Lots of driving on your dime with no reimbursement, only top performers get the quality leads so it's a up to lady luck
Poor management
SCHEDULE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2019
This is not and the a place to try and make a career. high turnover poor management this is a good job if your're looking for some basic experience and a decent pay check.
Great opportunities to make great money
Marketing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 13, 2019
This was the longest job I’ve had so far and it was a great experience! I learned so much from working as a canvasser. Management was amazing as well.
Renewal is a great place for work
Events Staff (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2019
Renewal By Andersen, They treat there employers like humans they care!! we are not just a number . We work with the public we are out going in a fun environment over all a great company to be employed too.
Worst management I have ever seen
Office abuse taker (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 12, 2019
The culture here is one of not giving any care to the staff whatsoever. Sure they throw a free lunch at you but that is because they check a box somewhere saying they take care of their employees. Management is inhuman and impersonal and could not care less about their employees. You are only there to serve their needs. The operations manager is so self important and we are to almost worship this clown of a manager. She is so busy and so necessary there the whole place will fall apart if she isn't on top of it haha yea right. The GM and HR are both a joke too. They have no clue or dont care.
Pros
free hot and cold water.
Cons
Toxic, abusive, arrogant management full of themselves
Accommodating
Proximity Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 11, 2019
Its an alright job that pays well for the amount of work an individual is doing. However, the job has a high turnover rate. Its a job that someone should do for a couple months and then move on, there is almost no room for movement within the company.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Not a good workplace
Well known and liked company
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2019
I would come up to peoples front door and they would say oh I was just about to call you guys. Only sells windows and doors. Good company to work for.
Pros
Good bonuses
Cons
Weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renewal by Andersen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight