Renewal by Andersen Employee Reviews

It is a pretty good place to work.
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 14, 2018
A typical work day 8 to 10 hours plus drive time. Scheduling could be a little more consistent. Middle management could be more on contact. Should have meetings more often on jobs because it's different problems..
Pros
Lots of work. Good work environment..
Cons
Poor scheduling communication
had a good run at the job takes maintaining a mindset to hit higher sales goals
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2018
typically communicate arrange meetings and interviews with future prospects and generate leads through events management and creating business with my team.a
Great management and family setting
Event Rep (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTOctober 9, 2018
The management at Renewal is amazing. It's more of a family then it is employers with their employees. Yes it's stressful at times because you want to do good to impress everyone, but no matter what the results are, as long as you try your hardest they'll be happy. The pay is amazing, and they treat everyone so well. I love this job and don't intend on leaving for a long time.
Pros
Meet new people constantly and great management
Cons
Can be boring because you work alone all day
Productive and nice place to work at!
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNOctober 9, 2018
Renewal by Anderson has good pay and the employees are al great as well! They have good benefits and paid time off. You get so much PTO for how ever long you have been there. You get it at the beginning of the year and then if you don’t use it all, you get paid out in the end or keep saving them. Very fast paced work, but fun and keeps you busy.
Terrible treatment of employees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 8, 2018
Owner of company has no respect for marketing agents. We worked hard to generate most of their leads and made them a great deal of money. They gave us no time off, and when you did need a sick day you were threatened with loss of employment.
Great product and company long hours inflexible schedule
Sales Recruiting/Sales Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJOctober 8, 2018
best straight commission job around, in home sales, one call close can work 7 days per week, 6 days min plus at least 4 nights. Only the strong survive
Pros
commission, EVP of Sales, Sales Support, Leads provided no cold calling
Cons
hours, schedule
Fun place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 5, 2018
It was an overall fun place to work. The manager was one of the most understanding person ever! She always trained us on new sales and always strived to get the team incentives.
All commission but you finance the sale
Field Sales (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 29, 2018
Promised huge potential. 60 leads per month. Qualified leads. SMOKE AND MIRRORS. The reality is good leads (buyers) go to senior consultants and all the poor credit buyers and liars go to the "newbys". Yes, you are called a newby. Your gas, tolls, car, insurance, cell phone, cell service for their laptop and 50% commission splits with finance for poor credit buyers sums up this business model....management reaps the rewards and sales consultants pay the cost of transaction. They want a one call close because of the pricing they charge and fear competitive bids. Installers are outside contractors not employees so they avoid Workers Comp. You have seen this deal before so be aware. Competitors offer professional comp and benefits package.
Renewal....good window but overpriced and not your father's Andersen.
Pros
Nice commission if you can break thru and become one of the boys.
Cons
Out of pocket expenses $650 per month.
Bad management
Proximity marketing agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 25, 2018
I left the company becouse they changed our work structure monthly for no reason when we were all produsing leads then fired over half my team i learned alot from experience i had while i was there but it wasnt for me.
Pros
Healty work environment
Cons
Bad management
Calm pace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
competitive work , inbound/outbound calling customer services with weekly pay plus commission. quiet work environment. very intimate and a fair work schedule

Want to know more about Renewal by Andersen?

Ask a question
It takes a special kind of person
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 23, 2018
This job take a special kind of person. You need to be able to stand in on spot for many many hours and say the same thing over and over. This job sucked putting it nicely.

My personal experience was terrible, I did a job similar to this, was told if I go through the training on the first day and went out to the stores the next I would get a 100$ bonus. I did that and was on the floor running. The first time at a store the person I was shadowing was late by almost an hour then said we were leaving early. We worked maybe a total of 3 hours if the 6 we were there. Which that itself isnt bad. Just the principle ya know??

My third day at a store my trainer was over an hour late so they sent me across town to another store for another associate and promised me a 25$ bonus for "being a good sport" but the rep was over 2 hours late after that.

I ended my employment after that as if the company cant even train then i'm sure there was alot more than just that going on.

Got my first and last paycheck and surprise. The 125$ wasnt on there. Annoyed but it is what it is. Avoid this place at all cost.
Pros
You could probs easily steal company time but only bad people do that
Cons
The entire job itself
On The Ground Floor
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working for Andersen Windows. A great company but being that I didn't have a college degree my advancement was hindered even though I was responsible for much of the success.
work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 20, 2018
The retail manager, to be honest, was my favorite in the beginning. Then as time went on it was that manager against you. I didn't even mean the main manager until they brought me into a meeting to fire me. To say that I was unreliable. I have a daughter and at the beginning, they said that no problem its understandable and then my car broke down and they said okay you have to go. This job is every man for himself.

If you're a good sales rep then you will do well but watch your own butt. I would honestly recommand looking for a different job because this one is not one that will show to be part time. The traveling distance for someone these places is over an hour away. You have to put your money up first for tolls and everything. So when you get your check it equals to pocket change.
Pros
the benefits when you sale
Cons
rare breaks, the goals, management and car breaking
Collaborative
Administrative Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 19, 2018
Window company in a fast-paced environment. multiple salesmen and many "interns" or cold callers with a high rate of turnovers. The company makes good money and sales has many great opportunities. Good management overall, a lot to learn from, though the HR is a bit lacking in communication at times.
Pros
The President brings good breakfast snacks after meeting
Cons
fast paced, high turnover for cold callers
great experience
Proximity Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2018
It was a great experience. I loved getting out to talk to new people. I made a lot of friendships and connections while working here. I learned a lot of sales and tips. However I was never actually trained, in a professional setting, it was more of a learn as you go and good luck.
Pros
conversational skills
Cons
drama and wasn't trained in a professional setting.
Not great work life balance
Events and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 9, 2018
I was an events and retail manager for less than a year. The company is focused on growth and increasing sales, which means there are some pretty aggressive numbers to obtain. You are responsible for your numbers after your first 30 days and you do not receive any formal training. You are responsible for hiring your own event promoters, retail manager and showroom personnel. You will be responsible for training them in a classroom setting as well as at events. On the weekend, you have to make site visits using your own vehicle, driving for hours across your installation territory. When interviewed, I was told that I could work from home and no weekends. That is far from the truth! I was working everyday, with no days off! If i needed to work from home, I was questioned why and told that was the reason why my numbers were behind. If you achieve your numbers, you will be given both monthly and quarterly paychecks, but it is not an easy task. You must be willing to sacrifice your personal time, as management sends daily texts and emails, threatening your job and questioning your performance as a leader. By the time you calculate the hours you've worked against your salary, you are working for peanuts!! Even though I met some fantastic people, in the end, it's wasn't worth the headache and the stress.
Pros
Cons
Long drive times, wear and tear on your car, no social life/personal time, lack of work life balance, lacks formal training, extensive time away from family, no assistant to help you, lack of support from upper management.
Poor management
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 9, 2018
Very poor management.
Cult-like company culture and very ,very creepy managerd.
Management detached from reality.
Ambassador is responsible for management choosing horrible events, then they screw with your pay and numbers for their failures and shortcomings in scheduling events.
Plenty of change/growth opportunity
Inside Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  MNSeptember 6, 2018
They are a large company with plenty of room to grow within the different divisions of Andersen Corp. Within Renewal the growth opportunity was slightly more limited, and the hours were not ideal for someone with a family (evenings, weekends). Pay was pretty good, and so were benefits.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of growth, decent pay, positive atmosphere
Cons
Hours can fluctuate
Bad job, great company, poor management
Senior canvasser (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 5, 2018
Management was bad! Also, if you don't like being outside in lightning, snow, and or hard rain this is not the job for you. Bonus were not always accountable. The company was good. Free events happened a few times a year. Not many training opertunities passed the first week.
Great Company
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 4, 2018
Great Company. Just have to put the work in and some prior knowledge and talent so you can grow and move up in the company. They have commission jobs and Hourly jobs so there is something for everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renewal by Andersen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight