Play YouTube video button
Information from Renewal by Andersen:

Renewal by Andersen Employee Reviews

United States953 reviews
Featured review
Renewal by Andersen selected this as a representative review
Working for Renewal by Andersen of Greater Michigan
I moved here from the Boston, MA Renewal by Andersen 3 years ago and fell in love with the western side of Michigan really quick! I learned it was a larger territory than what I was accustomed too in the Boston area but the drives were beautiful. I started as a sales consultant and I was able to set my schedule that fit my work/life balance. I enjoyed the freedom I had and could stay competitive with my coworkers which kept me driven to succeed at the same time. The company does plenty to advertise in the area to attract customers to have an interest in having us replace their windows. The appts were provided for me, I did not need to go out and “fetch” my own appts. It’s no wonder why Renewal by Andersen is one of the best places to work in the entire country. I LOVE MY WORK!!
Pros
Great income potential, get to meet new people everyday, traveling the state, benefits, working relationships
Cons
As any sales position you do drive often. It’s a love/hate relationship. 😁
February 20, 2020
Thanks for your review! We’re thrilled to hear about your positive experience with RbA. Our team is full of difference makers who make coming to work each day something special!
I love it!
The management is fun to work with and will keep you on your toes! Make sure to bring your memorizing cap! There is a script but it’s not too bad! Give canvassing a shot!
Best job experience I’ve had
Although canvassing wasn’t for me, the environment at Renewal was amazing. My coworkers were always friendly and willing to help with anything I was struggling with.
UnFair Bias Managers
Unless you are part of the in crew your leads will be trash unsupportive management talks down to sales men NO diversity many racist jokes I was once told I didn’t have the wright skin color and I shouldn’t be working there period wouldn’t recommend you will beat up your car with no compensation for it at all over price plastic window with shabby installations with bad craftsmanship many client complaints
Horrible people
Don't even waste your time. Not even worth the time horrible management, treated like #*#* the entire time. They don't care even if your willing to learn new things. Save yourself the trouble.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Hard to get paid and management very biased
RBA does not pay as they promise at hire. The owners make unfair commission deductions at their discretion and hold sales commissions for as long as a year. Management very biased, must be close to manager to get decent leads. Very misleading company, would not advise working there, terrible hours and hard to make a decent living.
Pros
Very good product
Cons
Bad pay and biased management
Good people, Bad Culture
The management culture is awful. The pressure/reward balance is way too unbalanced. However the co-workers are nicer, but nice doesn't get you into a leadership position and most movement is only laterla
Pros
Commission
Cons
Micromanagement, Corporate Culture
Interesting Observation
Have you noticed that they have so many negative ratings from present and past employees that they have composed a generic rersponse for each complaint to save them time in having to respond to each one individually? That should say it all.
Boiler Room Sales & Culture
Great benefits plan. Management control who gets what leads so play the corporate game. If they don't like you, they will give you bad or unqualified leads so you don't meet the quotas and get the boot. How do I know, they said it out loud in front of everyone. Management likes to use profanity and threatens the sales team who they rely on to bring in the sales. You are expected to work on your days off with no excuses. I drove 3,500+ miles monthly for this commission only sales job. Extremely high turn over job. The most I have every seen.
May 11, 2020
Hello- thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that it was a negative one. For privacy reasons, please email me at LifeAtRenewal@AndersenCorp.com to discuss this further; as this type of experience is not reflective of the workplace we strive for at RbA.
Not treated fairly
Gets overlooked like we don’t even exist in the company and want warehouse worker to do everything in ware house plus want us to keep company clean like we janitorial workers and want us to do miscellaneous work like bring packages to people and carry heavy boxes to workers car or help build something for the company that they order which has nothing to do with warehouse work. There’sno room to grow as a warehouse worker
May 11, 2020
Hello and thanks for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your current experience is not reflective of the values and standards that we hold our teams too. If you would be willing to share more on your concerns and feedback, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn more. Please email us at LifeAtRenewal@AndersenCorp.com. Thank you for the opportunity to get it better.
Super fun work if you love working with people, LOTS of incentives!
This was probably the best job I have ever had in the short time I was there. My manager was very understanding of my flexibility needs, and was happy to schedule me for plenty of hours. He took the time to make sure each one of his employees is trained well, works efficiently, and is overall happy with their work. My coworkers were very kind and extremely easy to work with. By far the best experience I have had after working at miserable retail jobs. Highly recommend!
April 30, 2020
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear about your experience working with RbA. We are thrilled to have you on our team!
Potential to make great money
High level sales, no rookies can make it. They need proven sales consultants with years of a proven track record. Great training and good people to work with.
April 30, 2020
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear about your experience working with RbA. Thank you!
Interesting work
You will learn a lot about construction and window replacement. Not a good working environment in the office. Everyone is regularly beaten down and treated poorly.
April 30, 2020
Hello, we’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly not reflective of the integrity that we value and expect of our entire team. We care about providing a great experience for our team, so if you're willing to share more specific feedback, we encourage you to email us at LifeAtRenewal@AndersenCorp.com We appreciate the chance to improve.
Culture and teamwork
We are a marketing/sales and installation company that changes lives by improving homes through a world class customer experience. We work hard, play hard and have fun as we seek to change the way home improvement is done. Fast pace and performance driven culture on the sales side leads to great rewards for great performance.
A disposable work environment
There’s a reason why renewal by Andersen is always hiring.there mentality is you do what we say when we say it or you’re fired. They expect you to work 6 or 7 days a week around the clock and if you don’t want to do it they remind you that They ll find somebody else. Hostile work environment. Stay away
April 30, 2020
Hello, we’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly not reflective of the integrity that we value and expect of our entire team. We care about providing a great experience for our team, so if you're willing to share more specific feedback, we encourage you to email us at LifeAtRenewal@Andersencorp.com. We appreciate the chance to improve.
I NEED A NEW JOB....Laid off and couldn't be happier
When I first started working here, I really loved it. I enjoyed that they seemed to be personable, and did not go overboard with the corporate/business like feel, however, over the years that changed drastically. I appreciated the family-like feel, but soon came realize I was only being naive. I fell for a lot the typical tricks corporate companies use on their employee's when they want to underpay them, and over work them. They offered us lots of pizza parties, and "special" dinners for reaching goals collectively, but never seemed to offer too many raises reaching our individual goals. I was working there for about a year and half when they changed my entire job description, which entailed much more work than before, at the same base pay, however, since business wasn't doing as well the prior before, my bonuses suffered greatly ( again this bonus was based on a collective effort, not an individual effort). I was barely making ends meat at home, and made that clear to my boss a couple times, but it was only swept under the rug. We were told we would be getting raises soon, at the beginning of the year, but never told when, or given any indication of a range they might offer. I reached my two years, and I received no review, or raise, which I thought was very unprofessional, for a company that like to promote itself to the outside world as extremely professional. I then realized that if you were in the in-crowd, raises and promotions were made easily available, however, not everybody that was promoted was treated fairly. Some people were promoted out of necessity for the company, - more...
Pros
NEVER HUNGRY (will gain weight)
Cons
micromanaged, low pay rate for amount of work, expensive healthcare, nit-picky/critical
April 30, 2020
Excellent company to work for
Excellent company to work for. Want to make customers happy, this is very important. Good pay and hours and great benefits. Would recommend. Thank you
Great company
Company cares about employees, great benefits. Product is solid honesty and Integrity are what the company is based on. The company listens to their employees.
April 30, 2020
This company is absolutely the most unethical company I have ever been exposed too
BE WARNED !!! This companies main focus is stealing from the agents in the field that build their business. Stealing 25% of your commissions within 24 hours of a sale if one mistake is made on paperwork. Products are way overpriced and can be found at other Andersen dealers for much less. They focus on high pressure one call closing of $2000 or more for one window for saw dust and glue with glass you can get anywhere. If you don't sell it they do and go behind your back and cut you out of any commissions or give the sale to a rep they play favorites with. They send you on appointments to homes for sale, projects that have not started yet and wont for a year, one party appointments, people that can barely afford to live and the list goes on. Then expect you to maintain a 35% closing ratio on these appointments to keep your job. They spew untruths consistently about situations you ask about and allow other reps to do what you requested when you were told that was not possible (pure discrimination). They over charge anything they can think of on the back end of your commissions to take that away from the reps too and will charge your commissions back if they overcharge your back ends and tell you that you owe the company money for a sale you made for them. Corporate trainers are nothing but string arm closer's that throw idle threats your way during training if you don't learn their system that you won't be there at the end of the first week. From day one till long after being gone they stole every penny they could to not pay anything to you after you depart on business you sold. - more...
April 30, 2020
Small company that supports everyone
Small company feel and the owners and managers really want you to succeed in and out of the office. Every part of the business is an important part of the team and the owners and managers make sure to support you and your team.
April 30, 2020
One of the worst places I have ever worked
ZERO job security. The management is HORRIBLE. Nepotism. Laziness. Owners do not care about employees. Will fire you due to "lack of work" whenever they feel like it. Then proceed to hire someone for the position they said was no longer available. Truly one of the worst places I have ever worked. All the owners do is LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 30, 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renewal by Andersen. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight