Renewal by Andersen

Found 1,414 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,447 reviews
rbarenewalwindowappointmentsalecommissioncanvassingdoor

Working for Renewal by Andersen of Greater Michigan

Featured review

Renewal by Andersen selected this as a representative review
I moved here from the Boston, MA Renewal by Andersen 3 years ago and fell in love with the western side of Michigan really quick! I learned it was a larger territory than what I was accustomed too in the Boston area but the drives were beautiful. I started as a sales consultant and I was able to set my schedule that fit my work/life balance. I enjoyed the freedom I had and could stay competitive with my coworkers which kept me driven to succeed at the same time. The company does plenty to advertise in the area to attract customers to have an interest in having us replace their windows. The appts were provided for me, I did not need to go out and “fetch” my own appts. It’s no wonder why Renewal by Andersen is one of the best places to work in the entire country. I LOVE MY WORK!!

Pros

Great income potential, get to meet new people everyday, traveling the state, benefits, working relationships

Cons

As any sales position you do drive often. It’s a love/hate relationship. 😁

Official response from Renewal by Andersen

February 20, 2020
Thanks for your review! We’re thrilled to hear about your positive experience with RbA. Our team is full of difference makers who make coming to work each day something special!

Work experience

Low pay and it’s a drag working there. They try to keep it fun and engaging, but you can only do so much of “fun” in a call center environment, where you have set schedules and get penalized(points) for everything.

Renewal by Andersen insights

Based on 1,351 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good culture and great pay structures

In my short but sweet time with this company i learned alot, i know location has a lot to do with management and how they treat their employees but this location is great for coaching and learning.

Great and fun

I had a great experience it was really great i can’t wait to get up tommorow and do it again and again! I am so excited! Thank you so much for this opportunity

Amazing Sales Opportunity

If you have the drive and willingness to learn new things every day, RBA offers an amazing income potential for a lot of sales pros. Exceptional Product. Company culture is awesome, they're like a second family.

Not the best place to work , a lot of misleading , and poor management!

Everything about this job is a scam , and the mangers don’t care about you at all. they care about the money your making for the company. Everything is misleading . The manager only cares about the sales not the actual people that works for the company. It’s not a great place to work at all. You walk 5-6 hours a day .

Ok

Its ok place to work can pay lot more for the amount of money the company makes but for the most part ok they pay on time just dont be complacent there

Well rewarded if you deserve it.

The compensation system in place for this company is great and rewarding of a good canvasser and someone who is driven to go out there and get it but the big bucks do not come easy.

Pros

travel alot

Cons

weather sometimes

Unsafe, overworked, lack of support, lots of blame and no solutions.

The pay is good but that’s about it. There are multiple departments that don’t communicate with each other causing daily problems in house and in front of customers. They don’t concern themselves with safety on any level. And the work environment is hostile, your coworkers are pitted against each other and back stab each other constantly out of fear of becoming the new scape goat.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, environment, safety, job security

Great opportunity

One of the best team environments to be a part of. With the right attitude and drive this job can help change your life and make you a better person.

fun and great learning environment

Renewal is a wonderful company to work for. Their staff is friendly and very helpful. It was very easy to learn because the team helps guides you to perfection.

was fun till weather goes bad

u will unbelievably cold during the winter, you will have to be out there even in negative degree weather while its snowing. u will have to work when it rains and u can barely use the tablet, its fun during warm weather.

Pros

short workdays

Cons

working during harsh weather

All about if someone your related to or know works there

Management is horrible & laughable especially considering they love speaking on how they promote from within & you have installers doing shady things becoming managers, and of course being that Esler is so big they have no idea what’s going on. You could be the worse of the worst & you can skim by for 9 months before enough leads cry about you underperforming whilst still being paid equality as good new installers.

Pros

Good pay. Quality doesn’t have to be great they don’t care unfortunately

Cons

Bad management, Scheduled by bad management, training is abysmal in all aspects of RBA

Great place to work hard to make a lot of money

The people there are amazing and the flexibility is great. But 15 an hour with small bonuses makes it hard to make ends meet... Especially because it's a bonus not commission

Watch your job

Little feedback, management acts like they are above you and talk at you without direction to improve. CEO could not care who you are or where you work.

It’s okay I guess

Under paid for the work done, not a work-life balance, good insurance, long days 12+ hours with no lunch or breaks. GM and owner are super nice and you can actually contact them and get a response.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Poor management

Great place to start!

This is a company you can stand behind. The mission. Thr product, the inclusive culture-- this is the way we should do business. This make it easy to come to work every day! This is a great place to try your hand at something new, and the support network vetween affiliate is a pool of knowledge to tap from. Would definitly reccomend to anyone looking to turn their job into a career.

Fun job

Super fun job. Long days, travel, working by yourself. Pay was good, lots of opportunities to make decent bonuses. Pay includes mileage, hourly, and bonus pay.

Stay away

They claim to have warm leads, yes , you don't go door to door,BUT, they do not screen the leads either. I went to houses where all they wanted was a window to be opened. You have to close 30% to keep your job. The most HORRIFIC place I aver worked for . Still waiting for my money that is now almost 6 months from the installs

Supportive and inclusive workplace

Company works hard to make their employees feel like the workplace is somewhere they would want to be. Decent pay and weekly bonuses. Supportive and helpful staff.

Decent pay for the wrong job

I was hired as an installer for replacement windows and doors. In 4 months I went on 5 installs yet 15+ service calls. Almost every service was due to poor installation quality, usually done by a subcontractor, that the ACTUAL RBA employees would have to fix. Never did any subcontractor have to fix their many mistakes nor did they ever lose work over it. Instead they would be loading up whatever was on deck the next morning walking around like their ---- didn't stink. Management has about 2-5 1 hour minimum meetings a day so getting approval or having a customer complaint run up the chain of command either wouldn't happen or take forever resulting in the customer's distrust with the company.

Pros

Pay, Healthcare

Cons

Your scope of work is nearly the opposite of your title, subcontractors, nonstop meetings, disorganized, nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renewal by Andersen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight