Renewal Rehab Employee Reviews

I am satisfied
FT/Chicago/PRN (Former Employee) –  Napervile,ILMarch 19, 2019
I work as PRN for the company and looking for a FT job. I dont have any problem to work at any place or Company. I am happy everywhere. I respect confidentiality.
Life lesson learned
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  rather not sayFebruary 28, 2019
A typical day consists of being overworked, as a manager you're told you don't have to treat in one of the busiest buildings they have, then a month later told you have to be 40% productive and do all the meetings and filing because your staff has to be 92% productive. I learned if it seems to good to be true it probably is. management for this company is brand new and has no business acumen for this industry or states they operate in. The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving after 10 to 12 hours. Chicago politics at its finest.
Pros
Find one
Cons
Unreasonable productivity expectations
None at the moment
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2018
Working at that location was very interesting and beneficial. I was able to increase my knowledge base in dealing with different kinds of patients that I had to see.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor management
Ethical Company
Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  kyDecember 4, 2018
Renewal Rehab is an ethical company and treat the employees well,
good work/life balance and is proactive for compliance perposes....
No Time
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Waldren, IndianaNovember 5, 2018
Full time employees, doesn't get a full time schedule. for the PT, OT - no time given.., they give more time for PTA, and COTA.

Manager is not a clinician. Insurance benefit is expensive
Pros
None.
Cons
No time
The worst company I have worked for.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2018
My goals as a therapist are to help those in need. I am blessed to be able to do that and make a living. In the 1.5 months since Renewal Rehab has acquired my facility, work has not been about helping those in need. We have only had discussions about documentation guidelines, drastically increasing minutes on patients (despite therapy team recommendations to decrease minutes due to fatigue, illness, patient request), and frequent discussions about productivity standards and that we are all failing at meeting productivity.

I have worked with therapists who are unproductive. It’s very obvious. They sit at their desks or play on their phones. They stand and talk with other staff around the building. It is extremely obvious if you just observe, rather than run a computer report. Sometimes there are measures that a report from a computer program can’t accuratley capture. Most therapists come to work ready to do a good job. We understand ethical productivity and we are smart individuals who will always choose to work smarter to save time. I often miss productivity expectations and yet I barely sit down during the day. I work through lunch. I answer call lights. If a patient needs help working through a task, I save my “point of care” documentation for a more appropriate time. I talk to family members in the hallway. I consult the physician. If a patient with dementia is cold, I go to the linen cart and get a blanket. Remember, MY goal is to help those in need. Is it always billable? No. But I believe this company would rather I bill fraudulently, than ethically.

Renewal Rehab
  more... does not recognize the importance of taking the time to actually help those in need. Their goal is for everyone to document in a way that avoids audits and denials, and to maintain a productivity standard so high that it pushes ethical boundaries.

As an example, we must tell our DOR why we did not meet productivity expectations. On top of that, a regional therapy consultant pulled each of us aside to further discuss why we are “unproductive.” By unproductive, I mean 85%, which is ethical and reflects a very productive day. This is not a company that sets the standard and allows you to allocate unproductive minutes for travel time, meetings, documentation, answering call lights. They expect you meet the standard, or else.

They also force registered therapists to work on weekends without paying a weekend differential pay rate. They have stayed they are working to hire additional PRN therapists but I see no job postings for PRN therapists? They are greedy and all about the bottom dollar. I’ll take the first job that comes along to save my license from this mess.
Pros
Paycheck every two weeks
Cons
Old, outdated treatment materials, refusal to purchase needed equipment and standardized tests, unethical upper management, forced to work weekends, expensive health insurance
Good company
Speech Language Pathologist, Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2018
Challenging facility with good collaborative teamwork from therapeutic co-workers
Software is challenging-and redundant -more time - consuming then competition software in the industry which impacts productivity
Pros
Company provides excellent feedback from chart audits, beneficial to one's continuing education of the industry requirements
Cons
Not a fan of Casamba-too time-consuming
productive
PTA (Current Employee) –  Waupaca, WIOctober 1, 2018
professional for prn workplace, I initially was interviewed for a Director of Rehab position. Then was replaced by a DOR from Oregon. However, happily will continue my position.
Great company and co-workers!
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeSeptember 28, 2018
Renewal Rehab is a great company to work for. They are knowledgeable and caring. The various departments work together to solve a common problem or to reach a goal. They respect your personal time and privacy.
Pros
Salary, Time off
Cons
Health insurance costs
A excellent place to work, I learn how to delegate with my teamwork.
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Golden Glades, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I typical day at work star focus, with a big smile and very well organized with the teamwork and the most enjoyable part of the job the patient are enthusiastic to participate in the activity and accomplish the plan.
Pros
no cafeteria.
Cons
short breaks.
Supportive environment
Speech therapist (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 26, 2018
Workplace was interesting and busy but not stressful. Management was responsive to employee needs and supportive. Salary was fair however benefits were a bit substandard.
I do not recommend this company
Occupational Therapist, PRN (Former Employee) –  Chelsea MASeptember 25, 2018
Management here went from bad to worse furthermore, like most of these SNF rehabilitation subcontractors-they're out for the bottom line in overworking you as a perdiem therapist. The company hires substandard, cheap managers ie OT assistants,PT assistants who lack a sense of professional leadership.

Management is out of touch w/ground level operations. Poor morale at workplace.Recent manager was poorly informed of specs.regarding caseload flow; I spent wasted energy running around to treat inappropriate rehab.residents who refused or were psychologically unstable, on top of documenting on lousy software.
Pros
short duration of getting paid hourly
Cons
Poor management lacks positive attitude, accountability, and prioritization/flexibility
Welcoming and collaborative environment
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  JolietSeptember 23, 2018
Renewed Rehab has been a joy to work for. They provide a supportive environment for all therapist staff and their is great communication between employees and employers.
Pros
Skilled Staff
Cons
N/a
Not the worst rehab company
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 22, 2018
Used to be a smaller rehab company with good reputation with employees. It's better than working for certain other large rehab companies, but it seems to be headed in the way of other large rehab companies in the sense that profit is becoming more important than retaining good employees/providing high quality care. Hopefully they learn from those large companies that have gone under in recent years. It's a decent place to be short-term.
Pros
All of my Directors of Rehab have been great, cooperative work environment
Cons
Poor health/other benefits, Unrealistic productivity requirements, Doesn't give raises, whether for merit or inflation, Emphasizes productivity over quality of care, Treatment of employees seems to be steadily deteriorating.
Good place to work, Good therapy teams, lack of permanent team status
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, ILSeptember 22, 2018
I wanted full time status and they preferred me to be PRN. There is no more to say.
Company decision made by regional directors were poor. I worked well, my attendance was perfect, yet when opening for full time status came up, I was not considered. Facilities were clean and staffed adequately. Therapy teams were professional and caring.
Ok company to work for, did not take care of Pt's needs if it cost money
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, ILSeptember 22, 2018
Cheap company. Had to buy own supplies for therapy often. Were.not allowed to order splints/orthotics pr other items patients needed unless part B patients.

Pay is ok, vacation days are lacking.

Now that I am PRN I never get called.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Cheap
Fair. Not a dream company but honest
LPTA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2018
Worked here as a new grad. Received a fair rate. The company did not make empty promises. Management advocate on your behalf. Upper management is very present, personable and took time to fill gaps in my understanding as a new-grad. Upper-upper management was kind.
Pros
Team-atmosphere
Cons
No tuition reimbursement
Low stress level, cooperative therapy team.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 21, 2018
I enjoy working for Renewal Rehab. I do PRN work at several facilities
and each location is low stress with a team work approach. The DORs are easy to talk to and the rest of the therapy team, in all disciplines are cooperative and compassionate. Everyone works well together as a team.
Pros
Caring, compassionate therapy team.
Cons
None.
I work in a PRN role, so the hours vary widely.
Speech-Language Pathologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL and Jacksonville, ILSeptember 21, 2018
It would be nice to be paid drive time and mileage for the travel I do to Renewal locations. Other than that, I have nothing negative to say about Renewal.
Pros
Good teams at buildings where I have worked.
Cons
Feast or famine ... no consistent hours.
Caring manager and co workers
COTA/L PRN (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 21, 2018
The only reason I left as a prn was I moved out of state. I did interview for a manager position approximately 3 years ago and was dismayed at the health insurance cost. Perhaps that has changed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renewal Rehab. Our community is ready to answer.