Renown Health Employee Reviews

Very high turnover
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 29, 2018
This company does not value it's employees, the company has a very high turnover and it's no wonder why once you start. The recruiter provided incorrect information and the management team did not honor it. Then HR instead of helping the situation just makes matters worse and terms your employment on the miscommunication that was received, and blames the employee for the problem, and doesn't take any responsibility for the problem and feels that terming the employee is the answer to the problem. All this after you have worked months for them.
November 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We take your feedback seriously and will be sure to share your insights with the appropriate teams.

Lack of support from management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 21, 2018
There was a significant lack of structure and guidance from upper management which led to a lot of miscommunication. Not all of Renown is like this and I recommend researching the department you choose before investing in them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too many cliques
October 22, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and insights. We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts in making this a great place to work!

Great healthcare experience
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 11, 2018
Great overall experience to learn and grow in healthcare. Turnover is so high, if they don't like you and you're not part of the "in" crowd you will eventually leave but they don't really care, they know you are replaceable by another body. Benefits were not great and no work / life balance at all.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take your concerns seriously and though you no longer work with us, we will share your feedback internally about work/life balance and benefits.

consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 11, 2018
Concise training developer and presenter utilizing various workflows and procedures detailed to organizational needs. Strategic development of business processes and methodologies for system integrated products and services by defining standard operating procedures through high level vendor relationships
October 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Typical work day
Medical Laboratory Science Extern (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 29, 2018
It is a busy day but everyone work together very well and the work load does not seem too much
Employees have a lot of experience to share with me and teach me about the field
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your 5-star recommendation of Renown Health! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy your coworkers!

Quick-Pace Exciting Place to Work
Supply Chain Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 26, 2018
Renown is a very quick-paced place to work. With the rapid expansion, and the volume of patients Renown has, the environment demands that tasks get completed in a timely manner. Great co-workers and excellent environment.
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your insights and giving us a five-star rating! We are very happy that you've had such a positive experience with Renown Health!

Investigate before you except the position like a FBI detective
HIM Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 25, 2018
I would highly recommend that the person investigate there job duties, what is expected of them, what there 30,60 and 90 days entail. Make sure you find out if it is micromanaged to a ridiculous degree. Be prepared to get trained quickly, and expected to be perfect within a few weeks. The productivity that HIM Associates is expected to perform is almost near impossible. Management is cold, and intimidating to a point where people will not speak due to loosing there job possibly. If you would like positive feedback medical records is not going to give you that. There preferred method is the put you in check. Be prepared to work your shift and and dont ask to change shifts ever.
Pros
Co-Workers were nice
Cons
Low pay, Micromanaged, Management is horrible, high turn over rate. The position should be put on a temp to hire agency
October 12, 2018

We take your concerns seriously and though you no longer work with us, we will share your feedback with the managers of medical records.

Great learning opportunities, and great tuition reimbursement
Patient Access Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 19, 2018
Renown is a great place to work! The leadership is available and responsive to their teams. The collaboration of departments is very good. The tuition tuition and medical benefits are great!
Pros
Good retail merchants, Starbucks and cafeteria.
Cons
Have to make time in your busy schedule to eat.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoyed being a part of our team!

Resigned after almost 10 years
System Administrator-Medical Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 17, 2018
The stress level endured during the last couple years at Renown was taking a toll on me and I needed to make a change. I am pursuing a career in Real Estate but I will consider any opportunity that will give me an opportunity for growth.
October 3, 2018

We're so sorry to hear that after 10 years of being a part of the Renown Health team that you were so dissatisfied. We'll be sure to share your feedback and want to wish you all the best with your future endeavors.

Micro management in the extreme
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 9, 2018
I have been in my Admin role for approximately 12 years and I literally have dozens of recommendations. I am very good at my job but at Renown with the current CEO of the Medical Group I was micromanaged so badly and given such conflicting directions that I started to make errors and dreaded going to work everyday. I LOVE my role but Renown soured me on that and I ended up leaving.
Pros
Intelligent co-workers
Cons
Micromanagement and no possibilty of salary increases other than 3% yearly
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of why you left your position at Renown. We will be sure to share your feedback. Thank you for your contributions and for being a part of the Renown Health team.

Women's health is a joke. It is a numbers game.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 14, 2018
Women's health especially The Pregnancy Center is terrible. Patients are treated differently because they are on "government assistance " and patients are told when they ask why something takes long that "that's what you get when you take from the government "
Pros
Lear a lot
Cons
You do not get any breaks sometimes not even lunch because doctors want to go home early.

Management and HR work poorly
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 10, 2018
First of all the management is awful. One day you'll think they really like you and next day they are monsters for no reason. HR stands behind management so don't even bother reporting them. They'll probably end up firing you for complaining, or find an excuse to fire you like for example, taking an extended lunch break on ONE warning. Just go apply at Saint Marys or Carson Tahoe instead.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
October 3, 2018

We take your feedback seriously and want to thank you for your review. We want to express our gratitude for the service contributed and wish all continued success with future career pursuits.

It can be an ok place to work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 23, 2018
If you like/want to work in healthcare Renown can be a good place to work or get your career started. Depending on what department you work in it might be good. My experience was that most departments were understaffed and did not have any real career progression. My jobs were also all entry level.
Pros
Interesting place to work
Cons
Understaffed and Hard to progress
Easy job
PATIENT SAFETY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 23, 2018
A good job for students or those not able to do much physical activity.
they are getting better about handling the breaks and responsibilties that the job needs
Title
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 27, 2018
I am not typing a review because I haven't worked there in over 5 years. What I have to say isn't even relevant anymore. Apparently there is a minimum of what I can sa
Supervisor has no experience
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 30, 2018
A new supervisor was hired with no experience she did not know how to handle stressful situations, Instead of confronting the employee she went to HR and had them fired.
Dont do it
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 3, 2018
The busiest hospital in the region is always shortstaffed. Patient care is no longer priority, profit and growth of the company are priority now. Nurses are still not properly compensated, our benefits depend on your health. Its all around bad
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
Unsafe patient to nurse ratio
Strange place! Favoritism is king!
Credentialed Epic Principal Trainer - Non-Clinical (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 28, 2018
Not that impressed by this place. Its highly unorganized and there are too many staff in place so its extremely boring. They love to have forced group outings and if you don't participate you suddenly feel like the unpopular person in high school again. I would come back to this place for anything. They keep trying to be something they are not. Every "benefit" they offer comes with a condition. Do it if you really need work. Otherwise, keep looking somewhere else.
Pros
Management is easy to approach
Cons
They don't listen! Boring and nothing to challenge you.
Decent place to work, a little heavy on management and low pay
Rehab Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 24, 2018
Needs to work on compensation, good atmosphere, love the people I work with. A little top heavy and under staffed but still good opportunity and decent benefits.
Excellent employer, focused and supportive. Accomplished much
Executive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 19, 2018
Working with Senior leadership and middle management in an ongoing basis. Days were long, as the planning and project work was significant. Culture was very strong, supportive and inclusive. Enjoyable experience all around.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renown Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight