Renown Health Employee Reviews

No Review
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 7, 2017
Renown can be a good learning experience for anyone that is just starting out. They had a good training program, but sometimes you just get thrown into things that you have no idea how to handle.
this was an exterm
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 3, 2017
this was and internship, i saw many people come through that were not qualified and still got jobs over others. I worked at a clinic that was further out. the women that ran this were amazing!
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything else
Renown Internship
INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 24, 2017
I underwent an internship in the neurology department in which I followed RN to learn about medicine use and administration. I learned patience, precision and time management. The management was very helpful in balancing work with school. The hardest part of the job is the pace of the hospital setting.
Stressful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 10, 2017
Very stressful place to work, you don't ever get out on time as a floor RN. You hardly get lunches, and forget breaks. Your patients call you during lunch time and you have to answer because who else will, not enough RN's ever or CNA's. Th benefits aren't that great either, hardly get enough sick time or vacation days. They will work you to the bone, ask anyone who has been there over a year.
fast-paced with plenty of room for advancement
DIETRAY AIDE, NUTRITIONAL REP (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 10, 2017
While my job there didn't last for more than a year, most of my old coworkers had worked there for 11 years or more. The position I held seemed to have a higher turn around rate than others though.
Pros
benefits, family feel, fair compensation
Cons
high turn around ( for my positions)
South Meadows is the Place!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 24, 2017
I honestly enjoy coming into work at Renown, South Meadows. Staff is like family on our floor. We work together as a team. The management is great at working with schedules.
Pros
Great Employee benefits, Overtime.
Cons
Long work days
A fantastic place to call home
M.A./ Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fernley, NVAugust 29, 2017
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, this is the place. WIth continued benefit growth including tuition reimbursement AND student loan payment options, Renown Health is the best employer in this region!
Pros
Student Loan Repayment, Benefits, Culture
Diversified work environment
Records Management Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 21, 2017
Working at Renown can seem daunting since it is such a large company. To be successful you will need to learn your role in the Renown Health network. Also you will need to learn how to rely on different departments to help you in your position. It is essential to get to know your coworkers and learn team building skills.
Pros
Great place for advancement
Cons
You need to rely on team building skills
neutral
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 20, 2017
They have a great tuition reimbursement programs. Only downside, low pay. They have medical assistants do so much work compared to other companies, pay is not worth staying with the company. Most medical assistants go to renown straight from school, then gain experience and knowledge and maven to a better paying company. Sad that Renown looses so many wonderful staff members due to low pay.
Pros
tuition reimbursement programs
Cons
low pay
Productive and fun workplace
Surgery Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 18, 2017
They have great benefits for workers, which is amazing. Many of the workers are willing to teach us more about the healthcare field. Something that could be improved is the workplace culture and being understaffed. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Free lunch from doctors
Cons
Short breaks
Forward-thinking company with great co-workers!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 18, 2017
I worked at Renown for many years, then decided I needed a change and went to work for another company in town. Suffice to say, I came back to Renown! I love the vision of the CEO, I love my co-workers, and I feel like I'm part of something bigger making a difference in my community. Is my department short-staffed sometimes? Yes, and it's stressful. But my co-workers and I pull together and I feel like management understands how hard it is and is trying to fix the problem. Can't ask for more than that!
Pros
Co-workers, commitment to community, benefits
Cons
Short-staffed sometimes
Management does not have your best interest in mind
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 5, 2017
Management does not have your best interest in mind. Your easier to replace then to fix the problem. There is no current job security for any position.
political
Lead Drug Testing (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 25, 2017
Over the years I have watch this company go from focusing on quality for patient care to focusing on quantity and the making of more money at the employee's expense. Management has a huge turn around time.
good for nurses
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 7, 2017
I feel the company takes care of clinical staff only.other staff was under paid and little opportunity for advancement. The employees are good but there needs to be better communication between management and staff.
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 30, 2017
Great people to work with.
A lot of computer skills necessary.
Customer Service Skills a plus
Communication between departments not good all the time
Would highly recommend.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Ability to advance not always available
Good place to work, challenging environment with supportive leaders.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  NevadaJune 18, 2017
Has been a great next step transitioning from acute care to transitional care, learning a lot about federal regulations for medicare reimbursement, patient safety efforts, etc.
Just a poorly run company, hopeless
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 8, 2017
Just stay away, Renown is a factory of human suffering. It really changed my perspective of the health care industry, I hope once I make it into a different hospital I will see that not all hospitals are run so poorly.
I became an RN because I wanted to care for people, Renown has only shown me they are interested in money and survey scores. Our workload is unbearable, our managers are rude and dont care about us, just follow the program.
Pros
Get experience so you can move on
Cons
Too many patients for one nurse, not safe, bad managers, bad HR departmen, no one cares
All about the dollars
Health care employee (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 5, 2017
My experience was unpleasant to say the least. I started out really believing in this company and the values they speak of in their PR. Those on the inside know this company cares about only money. Managers are dishonest and uncaring, you will overworked and burned out, then replaced when you can no loner take it.

Patients and their families are not a priority, employees in all departments are unable to properly care for patients do to unmanageable workloads, burnout is very common on all levels. We work under managers who have never done our jobs and don't really know much about what we do, nor do they care what were doing, they focus on the budget, and will do whatever it takes to make that budget and impress upper management. You yourself carry no value as a human being.

This company really changed my perspective of healthcare and caused me to reconsider my career goals.
Pros
A few caring employees who really do show these values
Cons
Constant turnover, no stability, careless managers
awesome place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 17, 2017
This job was my favorite of all my jobs, it was fast paced and it was easy to succeed here. If given the opportunity I would definitely work here again.
Pros
Alot
Cons
N/a
Competitive and worthwhile department
Renown Health Legal Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 16, 2017
A fast paced and detailed oriented day at work. You always have multiple projects to work on and people to meet and discuss directions for projects. Great health care group to work for, but demanding as well.
Pros
Fast paced, ever changing day to day
Cons
High stress, can be very demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renown Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Renown Health Reviews by Location