Renown Health Employee Reviews

Resigned after almost 10 years
System Administrator-Medical Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 17, 2018
The stress level endured during the last couple years at Renown was taking a toll on me and I needed to make a change. I am pursuing a career in Real Estate but I will consider any opportunity that will give me an opportunity for growth.
Micro management in the extreme
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 9, 2018
I have been in my Admin role for approximately 12 years and I literally have dozens of recommendations. I am very good at my job but at Renown with the current CEO of the Medical Group I was micromanaged so badly and given such conflicting directions that I started to make errors and dreaded going to work everyday. I LOVE my role but Renown soured me on that and I ended up leaving.
Pros
Intelligent co-workers
Cons
Micromanagement and no possibilty of salary increases other than 3% yearly
Women's health is a joke. It is a numbers game.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 14, 2018
Women's health especially The Pregnancy Center is terrible. Patients are treated differently because they are on "government assistance " and patients are told when they ask why something takes long that "that's what you get when you take from the government "
Pros
Lear a lot
Cons
You do not get any breaks sometimes not even lunch because doctors want to go home early.
Management and HR work poorly
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 10, 2018
First of all the management is awful. One day you'll think they really like you and next day they are monsters for no reason. HR stands behind management so don't even bother reporting them. They'll probably end up firing you for complaining, or find an excuse to fire you like for example, taking an extended lunch break on ONE warning. Just go apply at Saint Marys or Carson Tahoe instead.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Easy job
PATIENT SAFETY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 23, 2018
A good job for students or those not able to do much physical activity.
they are getting better about handling the breaks and responsibilties that the job needs
Title
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 27, 2018
I am not typing a review because I haven't worked there in over 5 years. What I have to say isn't even relevant anymore. Apparently there is a minimum of what I can sa
Supervisor has no experience
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 30, 2018
A new supervisor was hired with no experience she did not know how to handle stressful situations, Instead of confronting the employee she went to HR and had them fired.
Dont do it
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 3, 2018
The busiest hospital in the region is always shortstaffed. Patient care is no longer priority, profit and growth of the company are priority now. Nurses are still not properly compensated, our benefits depend on your health. Its all around bad
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
Unsafe patient to nurse ratio
Strange place! Favoritism is king!
Credentialed Epic Principal Trainer - Non-Clinical (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 28, 2018
Not that impressed by this place. Its highly unorganized and there are too many staff in place so its extremely boring. They love to have forced group outings and if you don't participate you suddenly feel like the unpopular person in high school again. I would come back to this place for anything. They keep trying to be something they are not. Every "benefit" they offer comes with a condition. Do it if you really need work. Otherwise, keep looking somewhere else.
Pros
Management is easy to approach
Cons
They don't listen! Boring and nothing to challenge you.
Decent place to work, a little heavy on management and low pay
Rehab Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 24, 2018
Needs to work on compensation, good atmosphere, love the people I work with. A little top heavy and under staffed but still good opportunity and decent benefits.
Excellent employer, focused and supportive. Accomplished much
Executive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 19, 2018
Working with Senior leadership and middle management in an ongoing basis. Days were long, as the planning and project work was significant. Culture was very strong, supportive and inclusive. Enjoyable experience all around.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
You're always gonna have a job.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 17, 2018
Reno is getting busier and busier. You're guarantee job security, but the pay is one of the things that renown is known for. Lvl 2 hospital? But yet they don't pay enough. I work in surgery and we are always busy. Sometimes under staff. There's days nurses or scrub techs don't get breaks. They hire travel nurses even though they'll leave in a few months? Not helping on the future. Why not pay the current nurses and techs more and you're guaranteed they won't leave. Renowns excuse is that they give back to the community. All I see is more renown urgent cares and offices being built. I can't complain about the student reimbursement, it's awesome they offer that.
Pros
Paying for school, experience
Cons
No brekas, under pay
not all as it seems
Patient Access Representative/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 16, 2018
When I was first hired by Renown I was beyond excited. That lasted for a couple of months. There is so much gossip and bullying it's worse than middle school When you bring it up to management you are told to get tougher skin. They will replace you in a heartbeat and lie to cover their butts. Working 12-14 hours a day, I was lucky if I was able to take a five minute break. I did meet some wonderful providers and learn a lot of skills that will help me in future jobs.
Pros
wonderful providers/doctors, lots of experience
Cons
Bullying, gossiping, long hours with no break, poor manegment
Quick paced work environment.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 16, 2018
The environment was very quick paced and you had to learn concepts quickly. The manager was good but micro managed a little too much. It was always a competition compared to other centers. Other than that the staff was great, and made the work fun. Low wages for everything that you do.
Comprehensive and Innovative place of work
AREA PRACTICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 6, 2018
I was extremely fortunate to have such an incredible journey during my employment with Renown Health. I will always be grateful for the guidance I was given. My leaders were encouraging and proactive in my journey as I continued to grow as a new leader. I felt the training was conducive to my success in my role.
Pros
Amazing training for leadership
Understaffed and noncaring
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 1, 2018
I’ve worked for Renown for awhile now, and at first it was fun, educational, and fast paced. But then you start to realize how horribly run this place is. Management will replace you in a heartbeat, they don’t care about your well being, they demand more and more out of you while they push surveys and scores at you because their bonuses are affected by these. They get compensated the harder you work for them. Nurses are well understaffed on every floor, slammed with multiple patients which isn’t fair for them or the patients. It just isn’t safe. Ask any employee or traveler who’s come through here, Renown is one of the LOWEST paying hospitals and by far one of the busiest. If you try going to HR with any complaint or concern they immediately turn it on you and will defend management to no end. Again, you’re replaceable (though with the understaffing there they just don’t replace you at all and everyone is forced to work harder). Any accusation you bring up is met with hostility and they’ll look for any reason to write you up and get you out of there. Trust me i’ve seen it happen to multiple people. All in all this place just does not care whatsoever about their employees or patients for that matter. Everything is just numbers and dollars to them.
Pros
Coworkers are mostly nice
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Fun but stressfull
Sterile Processing Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 30, 2018
Renown can be a great organization to work for. Most of the personal throughout the hospital are kind and are willing to teach whoever is willing to learn. The organization promotes continuing education and a person can gain a myriad of experience and credentials here but on the other hand nurses, physicians and other professionals can be rude, condescending and much pressure is applied to a person to accompolish tasks whether they are capable or not. If tolercance is not a strong characteristic in ones personality assimilating in any department can be difficult and the hourly pay is not as competitive as with other facilities that have the same position available.
Pros
badge pay for lunch, paid vacation, job security
Cons
Stressful enviroment, lack of accountability, underpaid
Stressful but amazing at the same time, amazing support network. Worth it all.
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 15, 2018
My position in general is super stressful but yet it is rewarding because you learn things you'd never learn elsewhere but the same can be said on other floors. I work on the telemetry unit of Tahoe tower 7th floor at Renown Regional Medical center and i wouldn't trade for anywhere else. Sometimes the workload can get pretty heavy but that is when you step up and ask your nurses for help or anyone that is around and i have never been told no i wont or it will be on my own time. When you do your job the management on this floor is behind you 100% and will go through hoops for you and that is what i love is the support on this floor and overall the support of others that float to this floor. The best part of the job but also the hardest is your patients thriving and getting better, but the process is still the hard part. This is a great place to work at and jump into because it will take you far, sometimes i wish i could get paid more for what i do but that is also when i remind myself i have to put in the time but lets be serious no one thinks in any job they get paid enough so lets be real.
Pros
Uninterrupted breaks and lunches, Countless overtime available, Family setting, Great healthcare coverage for me and my family, Great support system
Cons
At times can get short staffed, Lots of patients that need a lot of work ( That is also the fun part sometimes, keeps you awake.)
Politics and Power
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 14, 2018
As a front line employee, you receive zero respect. Management is always demanding more, but don't show any appreciation when you do as they ask. It's a place where you are expected to feel "lucky" for being able to work there.
Great company
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 9, 2018
This is the areas leader in technology. They provide in house training that allows you to advance within the company. The managers did not provide a lot of feedback other than during annual reviews.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renown Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight