Renown Health Employee Reviews

Title
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 27, 2018
I am not typing a review because I haven't worked there in over 5 years. What I have to say isn't even relevant anymore. Apparently there is a minimum of what I can sa
Supervisor has no experience
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 30, 2018
A new supervisor was hired with no experience she did not know how to handle stressful situations, Instead of confronting the employee she went to HR and had them fired.
Dont do it
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 3, 2018
The busiest hospital in the region is always shortstaffed. Patient care is no longer priority, profit and growth of the company are priority now. Nurses are still not properly compensated, our benefits depend on your health. Its all around bad
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
Unsafe patient to nurse ratio
Strange place! Favoritism is king!
Credentialed Epic Principal Trainer - Non-Clinical (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 28, 2018
Not that impressed by this place. Its highly unorganized and there are too many staff in place so its extremely boring. They love to have forced group outings and if you don't participate you suddenly feel like the unpopular person in high school again. I would come back to this place for anything. They keep trying to be something they are not. Every "benefit" they offer comes with a condition. Do it if you really need work. Otherwise, keep looking somewhere else.
Pros
Management is easy to approach
Cons
They don't listen! Boring and nothing to challenge you.
Excellent employer, focused and supportive. Accomplished much
Executive Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 19, 2018
Working with Senior leadership and middle management in an ongoing basis. Days were long, as the planning and project work was significant. Culture was very strong, supportive and inclusive. Enjoyable experience all around.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
You're always gonna have a job.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 17, 2018
Reno is getting busier and busier. You're guarantee job security, but the pay is one of the things that renown is known for. Lvl 2 hospital? But yet they don't pay enough. I work in surgery and we are always busy. Sometimes under staff. There's days nurses or scrub techs don't get breaks. They hire travel nurses even though they'll leave in a few months? Not helping on the future. Why not pay the current nurses and techs more and you're guaranteed they won't leave. Renowns excuse is that they give back to the community. All I see is more renown urgent cares and offices being built. I can't complain about the student reimbursement, it's awesome they offer that.
Pros
Paying for school, experience
Cons
No brekas, under pay
not all as it seems
Patient Access Representative/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 16, 2018
When I was first hired by Renown I was beyond excited. That lasted for a couple of months. There is so much gossip and bullying it's worse than middle school When you bring it up to management you are told to get tougher skin. They will replace you in a heartbeat and lie to cover their butts. Working 12-14 hours a day, I was lucky if I was able to take a five minute break. I did meet some wonderful providers and learn a lot of skills that will help me in future jobs.
Pros
wonderful providers/doctors, lots of experience
Cons
Bullying, gossiping, long hours with no break, poor manegment
Quick paced work environment.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 16, 2018
The environment was very quick paced and you had to learn concepts quickly. The manager was good but micro managed a little too much. It was always a competition compared to other centers. Other than that the staff was great, and made the work fun. Low wages for everything that you do.
Comprehensive and Innovative place of work
AREA PRACTICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 6, 2018
I was extremely fortunate to have such an incredible journey during my employment with Renown Health. I will always be grateful for the guidance I was given. My leaders were encouraging and proactive in my journey as I continued to grow as a new leader. I felt the training was conducive to my success in my role.
Pros
Amazing training for leadership
Understaffed and noncaring
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 1, 2018
I’ve worked for Renown for awhile now, and at first it was fun, educational, and fast paced. But then you start to realize how horribly run this place is. Management will replace you in a heartbeat, they don’t care about your well being, they demand more and more out of you while they push surveys and scores at you because their bonuses are affected by these. They get compensated the harder you work for them. Nurses are well understaffed on every floor, slammed with multiple patients which isn’t fair for them or the patients. It just isn’t safe. Ask any employee or traveler who’s come through here, Renown is one of the LOWEST paying hospitals and by far one of the busiest. If you try going to HR with any complaint or concern they immediately turn it on you and will defend management to no end. Again, you’re replaceable (though with the understaffing there they just don’t replace you at all and everyone is forced to work harder). Any accusation you bring up is met with hostility and they’ll look for any reason to write you up and get you out of there. Trust me i’ve seen it happen to multiple people. All in all this place just does not care whatsoever about their employees or patients for that matter. Everything is just numbers and dollars to them.
Pros
Coworkers are mostly nice
Cons
Pretty much everything else

Want to know more about Renown Health?

Ask a question
Fun but stressfull
Sterile Processing Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 30, 2018
Renown can be a great organization to work for. Most of the personal throughout the hospital are kind and are willing to teach whoever is willing to learn. The organization promotes continuing education and a person can gain a myriad of experience and credentials here but on the other hand nurses, physicians and other professionals can be rude, condescending and much pressure is applied to a person to accompolish tasks whether they are capable or not. If tolercance is not a strong characteristic in ones personality assimilating in any department can be difficult and the hourly pay is not as competitive as with other facilities that have the same position available.
Pros
badge pay for lunch, paid vacation, job security
Cons
Stressful enviroment, lack of accountability, underpaid
Stressful but amazing at the same time, amazing support network. Worth it all.
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 15, 2018
My position in general is super stressful but yet it is rewarding because you learn things you'd never learn elsewhere but the same can be said on other floors. I work on the telemetry unit of Tahoe tower 7th floor at Renown Regional Medical center and i wouldn't trade for anywhere else. Sometimes the workload can get pretty heavy but that is when you step up and ask your nurses for help or anyone that is around and i have never been told no i wont or it will be on my own time. When you do your job the management on this floor is behind you 100% and will go through hoops for you and that is what i love is the support on this floor and overall the support of others that float to this floor. The best part of the job but also the hardest is your patients thriving and getting better, but the process is still the hard part. This is a great place to work at and jump into because it will take you far, sometimes i wish i could get paid more for what i do but that is also when i remind myself i have to put in the time but lets be serious no one thinks in any job they get paid enough so lets be real.
Pros
Uninterrupted breaks and lunches, Countless overtime available, Family setting, Great healthcare coverage for me and my family, Great support system
Cons
At times can get short staffed, Lots of patients that need a lot of work ( That is also the fun part sometimes, keeps you awake.)
Politics and Power
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 14, 2018
As a front line employee, you receive zero respect. Management is always demanding more, but don't show any appreciation when you do as they ask. It's a place where you are expected to feel "lucky" for being able to work there.
Great company
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 9, 2018
This is the areas leader in technology. They provide in house training that allows you to advance within the company. The managers did not provide a lot of feedback other than during annual reviews.
Renown Internship
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Reno, NevadaMarch 8, 2018
During my time at Renown I did a variety of duties, including but not limited to; patient advocate, patient care, Registered Nurse shadowing and medication administration studies. The management was great as well as the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to patients.
Pros
Breaks, lunch room
Cons
low staffed
Dynamic place to work
Legal Secretary to in-house counsel (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 1, 2018
This employer has many moving parts and it is a good challenge getting familiar with all the various processes they have. It was a good place to work.
An OK place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 21, 2018
Worked with some truly amazing Doctors and other co-workers. Unfortunately because of favoritism, there wasn't much room to advance. Management was awful and as other reviews had mentioned, some things done by HR were unethical.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Low pay
Disgusting place to work
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 29, 2018
The environment is toxic, there is so much drama, tbe workload that one oerson has is totally unrealistic we are worked into the ground sometimes with no breaks, then written up over the smallest mistake. Managers are uncaring and unprofessional a d HR is their to defend and support the bad managers. I highly recommend you seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
An occasional break
Cons
Poor management, bad corrupted HR, highly stressful, non-rewarding
Horrible Management in the Business Office
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Business OfficeJanuary 23, 2018
Renown as a whole may be great but don't ever go to work for the Business Office. You will be treated poorly if you aren't part of the "in" crowd. Management will set employee's up if they or their favorites don't like someone. Certain employees are allowed to create Hostility without consequence

Many HR violations occur.
Hippa law's are broken. People leave patient information on their desks for all to see including the cleaning crews at night.

If you like to be harassed, overworked, and prevented from promoting then this is the place for you
Cons
Shorthanded, Harassment, HR Violations, HIPPA violations, favoritism, Hostility
Great environment
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 5, 2017
I loved working at Renown and was sad to leave once my internship was done. I would work their again one day and enjoy the environment as well as the quality of management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renown Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight