Renown Health
Coronavirus update
Information from Renown Health:

Renown Health Employee Reviews

United States186 reviews
Wonderful co-workers focused on patient experience
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we are providing excellent care to our community. Northern Nevada is a beautiful place to live and to work. I am sad to have to relocate!
April 24, 2020
Thank you so much for your four-star recommendation of Renown Health!
Place Sucks
They will fire you for no reason except to clear their budget and then make their bonus. They don’t care about you or their patients. The only thing they care about is money and if they are going to make bonus or not. If you get in their way of making bonus they will simply get rid of you.....
April 17, 2020
Thank you for your feedback and former employment. Though you no longer work with us, we take your feedback seriously and invite you to contact us at Recruitment@renown.org so that we can learn more about your experience.
Was always responsive to my needs.
I prefer not to write a review because it is impossible to accurately summarize my 13 years of experience in a simplified review. I am sorry this is a required element.
April 10, 2020
Thank you so much for your four-star recommendation of Renown Health!
unique work place
A lot of Favoritism in this work place, it is all about who you know, very political.The turn over rate for management is very high in turn creating constant changes leaving too much room for errors to occur.
March 27, 2020
Thank you for your hard work at Renown. We take your concerns seriously, and if you have any other details you’d like to share, please email Recruitment@renown.org.
Efficient work environment
Efficient work environment with plenty of hours and work to be done. The schedules are handled well, with attention to detail. Co-workers are fair. It's been a great place to work.
March 20, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing your insights and giving us a five-star rating! We are very happy that your time with Renown Health has been such a positive experience!
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Productive and fun workplace while making a difference in patient's lives!

A huge diverse group of great people to work with who care deeply about patient outcomes!
March 13, 2020
Thank you so much for your 5-Star recommendation of Renown Health! We are so happy to hear that your experience has been great!
Flex schedule, great benefits, no micromanagement
Great training, Flexible schedule is great for work/life events, very nice co-workers and management who are willing to answer questions. Benefits are amazing. Healthcare is extremely affordable.
March 5, 2020
We truly appreciate your recommendation and 4-star review! We make it a priority to hire caring and dedicated people, and we are glad to see you feel this way about your team. We are working hard to attract more people like you to our Renown Health family, and having you share your experience helps a lot!
Fun Place to work for.
Excellent work place. Management and the Kitchen Chef, were great.. supervisors are all great!!
Not so Much for the Director at that time.

I heard she left and every thing went back to been a great place to work for, in the Dietary Department.
February 18, 2020
Thank you for your former employment and dedicated work. Best wishes!
Excellent Organizational Development Team and Process Improvement
Renown is a healthcare network with 2 hospitals, urgent care, imaging services, medical groups that focus on process improvement for patients. They work with UNR to ensure the best training for professionals to serve the community.
February 18, 2020
Thank you so much for being a part of the Renown Health family!
IT - depends on your team
Management insists on being called "leadership". More projects than staff. Constant complaints of understaffing (for years) and never seem to add more staff. Culture committee and participation are pushed heavily, even on introverts. Hard work is sometimes recognized publicly, but usually results in more work being assigned.
February 3, 2020
Thank you for your former employment and over the years of dedicated work. We will certainly pass along your feedback and advice to management. Best wishes!
If you are not on the popular list they will do anything to have you fired or make you leave.
There is a great deal of bullying, descrimintation, back stabbing and no clear potential to succeed when you are not like. It has nothing to do with your abilitys and everything to do with whom you know, who you are, your physical appearance and your race. I felt very abused until the very last day.
Decent
Everyone means well and are trying their best. However, if you job isn't directly in medicine management can seem disconnected and somewhat ignorant of what you do and how you contribute to the organization
January 17, 2020
Thank you for your former employment and dedicated work. We will certainly pass along your feedback and advice to management. Best wishes!
Started out OK But Turned into a Nightmare
Micromanaging culture, HR department corrupt, people underpaid and mistreated. Workplace rife with nepotism and if you don't fit in they boot you out.
January 17, 2020
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Our people are our top priority, and we’ll share your insights internally with management and human resources.
Great!
Amazing company that serves its
community including the staff that helps it do the amazing work everyday. Very committed to the patients, staff, and community. Highly recommend Renown for both healthcare and employment
January 17, 2020
Thank you so much for your 5-Star recommendation of Renown Health! We are so happy to hear that your experience in leadership has been great!
Enjoyable
I really love the management and structure. I came during a refill phase and everything went great. You can really tell that they try to keep the employees happy. We went out to a baseball game as team building during work hours. Renown Health Care is a GREAT place to work in Reno.
December 27, 2019
Thank you so much for your recommendation of Renown Health!
Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
Renown delivers the most experience and highest level of acuity in the local area, which is beneficial for those seeking to advance their healthcare careers and gain more knowledge and skills.
December 27, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your recommendation! We are glad to see that you appreciate the growth opportunities here at Renown Health.
Don’t waste your skills at this place
What a waste of time. Very unorganized. Being completely new to the place I didn’t feel welcomed everyone hates each other and talks about each other. Management has there favorites. When completely under staffed management didn’t Care . Everyone one is under paid not worth the stress.
December 19, 2019
We take your concerns seriously and though you no longer work with us, your feedback will be directed to the appropriate departments. We also invite you to contact us at Recruitment@renown.org to learn more about your experience.
Renown is a good place to work. It offers great health benefits as well as a diverse cohesive atmosphere. Renown Health offers great career growth potential.
December 19, 2019
Thank you so much for being a part of the Renown Health family! Your recommendation of Renown Health makes us so happy, and we are glad that you appreciate the culture and career growth opportunities.
S t a y a w a y
H R is the most corrupt set of people from the top down. Work environment is hostile, unproductive and extremely stressful.
They have a department that works to improve process and procedures but if it is not the idea of HR it goes nowhere

The director did not do anything about the managers, because he knows that the manager is friends with HR manager and he will loss the 6 figure salary that is given for doing nothing.

Hardest part of my job was to see all my coworkers that have been there for years be treated badly by the managers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was going home and drinking because I knew I had to go back the next day.
December 3, 2019
Awful Company
The management doesn’t care about employees...worst company. Stay away...administrators are awful especially the President! They are in the hole and priority is money not employees.
December 3, 2019
Poor morale
I just found out that if you resign and have PTO available you will lose it. So if you are going to resign make sure you use your PTO before giving notice. Poor management they hire family and then play favoritism. The people are not friendly and never say good morning and I was told I was to peppy because I am always says good morning to everyone. I was offered another job at another hospital and was offered over $2.00 more an hour because they pay for experience. At Renown professional office they hire people that was working at a sandwich shop and are making the same as someone with 20 yrs experience.
October 28, 2019
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renown Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight