Renown Health Employee Reviews

Many opportunities, but poor executive leadership
Vice President of Finance and Controller (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 23, 2019
Renown's business model was excellent, but its executive leadership was emotionally unintelligent. Not people-oriented, too political, unstable. Now, renown Regional Medical Center is a One-Stat CMS rated hospital as a result. So much potential, so many wasted opportunities.
Pros
Great business model
Cons
Executives with poor people skills
Good benefits, extreme hierarchy
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 19, 2019
For a large bureaucracy, Renown gets a few things right: excellent benefits, lots of opportunities for education, and some transparency in their upper management decision, However, as an APRN, Renown is extremely hierarchical. They continue to use the derogatory term "mid-level" and force "collaboration agreements" even though such agreements are not required by the state. They also underpay APRNs and don't take into account years of experience - all APRNs are compensated equally regardless of years on the job.
Pros
Benefits, Happy colleagues
Cons
Hierarchical, APRNs are underpaid and referred to as "mid-levels"
March 25, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We have shared it with the appropriate department.

stressful
Medical coder trainee (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 19, 2019
The management always talked about caring for there employees but this was not true. The only thing they cared about was themselves. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
March 25, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to share your insights with the Medical Coding team.

Outstanding place to work
Senior Special Projects Buyer & Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno NvMarch 12, 2019
Renown was an awesome place to be able to advance in ones career. The Senior staff was very supportive. The growth of the main medical center was a great challenge to be a part of.
Pros
Opportunity to advance in the organization
Cons
Not enough time to always get things done
March 25, 2019

We appreciate your five-star recommendation of Renown Health! We take pride in providing advancement opportunities and hiring top quality talent.

Fast paced working enviroment
Referral Specialist; HOMETOWN HEALTH (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 5, 2019
You need to be quick and accurate. Detailed oriented is not needed in this position. Do it right the first time. Team work is a must. Good attitude and willing to learn.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
30 minute lunches with 2 15 minute breaks OR 45 minute lunch with 1 15 minute break
March 14, 2019

Thank you so much for submitting your review! We love the potlucks, too!

Hard work but rewarding
Manager of Patient Relations (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 21, 2019
In my tenure with Renown I grew immensely and learned valuable skills that will continue with me. In all my roles I was always very busy, but the work was also very rewarding.
March 12, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We are so happy to hear that you were able to grow your career at Renown Health and that you found the work here rewarding.

March 12, 2019

Renown as a company is great but the management is not
MEDICAL ASSISTANT, REFERRAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 28, 2019
independent worker just come in and do your work, I learned a lot of new skills from being a medical assistant to being a referral specialist. the hardest part of the job is dealing with management, the management is not very personable.
benefits
Cons
management
February 4, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are concerned to hear your comments about management. We'll be sure to share this with Human Resources, and invite you to contact your Human Resources representative so that we can partner with you to make improvements in your department.

All talk and posturing with little action by top management
Healthcare Professional (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 7, 2019
Renown does a lot of posturing and profiling to ensure the PR is positive. Unfortunately, it is all eyewash. Managers are the typical cowardly, do-nothing, say-nothing, prairie dogs that look to advance within Renown or transfer to another position in another hospital by doing nothing. The misunderstood Socratic Oath of "First do no harm" is taken out of context to be "First do no harm to my career path". The result is a lack of courage, little real action, but a lot of posturing of the hospital. My impression is that the CEO has good intentions and would like to progress. Unfortunately, he is surrounded by petrified, PC, "no action is safe action", 2nd and 3rd tier managers with the typical lack of intestinal fortitude to do great things and sacrifice organizational progress for personal security. Just another hospital with cowardly lions. For the sake of Reno, I hope Renown drastically churns the pot, embraces change for the better, and encourages brave leadership while eliminating the cowardly.
Pros
Paper tiger marketing stature
Cons
Leadership and culture of do-nothing and get promoted
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and former employment. Though you no longer work with us, we take your feedback seriously and invite you to contact us at Recruitment@renown.org so that we can learn more about your experience.

They love to say they Care but they don't
Referrals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 2, 2019
This place is full of a bunch of people that do not want to see you advance. They put you down and when you end up doing the most work for the whole department, they decide to fire you with no valid reason.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and former employment. Though you no longer work with us, we take your feedback seriously and invite you to contact us at Recruitment@renown.org to learn more about your experience.

Great Place to work
Appeal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 1, 2019
Renown's business office is Supportive, Friendly and full of growth potential. Management is knowledgeable and coaches staff with priority and focus on patient comes first. Very nice place to work.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for your recommendation to work at Renown! We are so grateful for your hard work.

Not a great place to work.
Senior Compliance/Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 30, 2018
Renown has a male chauvinistic culture and racists culture. Do not have good training program and vision for patient development or improvement but only charging health insurance companies and Medicare
Pros
Cons
Demoralising
January 7, 2019

We take your concerns seriously and though you no longer work with us, your feedback will be directed to the appropriate departments.

It was a pleasure to work with the Contact Center department.
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 28, 2018
I did learn a lot from the department. My former Supervisor was very helpful and pleasure to work with. My co-workers, although there are times that work load is too much, are friendly and helpful. I miss working with all of them.
November 30, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review! We're glad to hear you had a good experience with our Contact Center!

Great place to begin your career
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 4, 2018
I really enjoyed my specific floor that I was on because of the people I worked with. Management was somewhat scarce though and did not always answer the questions I desired. The floor was a lot of work but I got to learn a lot to advance my career
November 6, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to know that you enjoy working at Renown. If you need additional support, please contact your manager or HR department.

Very high turnover
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 29, 2018
This company does not value it's employees, the company has a very high turnover and it's no wonder why once you start. The recruiter provided incorrect information and the management team did not honor it. Then HR instead of helping the situation just makes matters worse and terms your employment on the miscommunication that was received, and blames the employee for the problem, and doesn't take any responsibility for the problem and feels that terming the employee is the answer to the problem. All this after you have worked months for them.
November 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We take your feedback seriously and will be sure to share your insights with the appropriate teams.

Lack of support from management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 21, 2018
There was a significant lack of structure and guidance from upper management which led to a lot of miscommunication. Not all of Renown is like this and I recommend researching the department you choose before investing in them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too many cliques
October 22, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and insights. We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts in making this a great place to work!

Great healthcare experience
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 11, 2018
Great overall experience to learn and grow in healthcare. Turnover is so high, if they don't like you and you're not part of the "in" crowd you will eventually leave but they don't really care, they know you are replaceable by another body. Benefits were not great and no work / life balance at all.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We take your concerns seriously and though you no longer work with us, we will share your feedback internally about work/life balance and benefits.

consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 11, 2018
Concise training developer and presenter utilizing various workflows and procedures detailed to organizational needs. Strategic development of business processes and methodologies for system integrated products and services by defining standard operating procedures through high level vendor relationships
October 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Typical work day
Medical Laboratory Science Extern (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 29, 2018
It is a busy day but everyone work together very well and the work load does not seem too much
Employees have a lot of experience to share with me and teach me about the field
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your 5-star recommendation of Renown Health! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy your coworkers!

Quick-Pace Exciting Place to Work
Supply Chain Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 26, 2018
Renown is a very quick-paced place to work. With the rapid expansion, and the volume of patients Renown has, the environment demands that tasks get completed in a timely manner. Great co-workers and excellent environment.
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your insights and giving us a five-star rating! We are very happy that you've had such a positive experience with Renown Health!

Investigate before you except the position like a FBI detective
HIM Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 25, 2018
I would highly recommend that the person investigate there job duties, what is expected of them, what there 30,60 and 90 days entail. Make sure you find out if it is micromanaged to a ridiculous degree. Be prepared to get trained quickly, and expected to be perfect within a few weeks. The productivity that HIM Associates is expected to perform is almost near impossible. Management is cold, and intimidating to a point where people will not speak due to loosing there job possibly. If you would like positive feedback medical records is not going to give you that. There preferred method is the put you in check. Be prepared to work your shift and and dont ask to change shifts ever.
Pros
Co-Workers were nice
Cons
Low pay, Micromanaged, Management is horrible, high turn over rate. The position should be put on a temp to hire agency
October 12, 2018

We take your concerns seriously and though you no longer work with us, we will share your feedback with the managers of medical records.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renown Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight