Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews

Found 4,122 reviews matching the search See all 4,259 reviews
Your career is expected to take precedence over family matters. Period.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 25, 2019
Upper management is fiercely competitive and puts most if not all the pressure on their individual top performers, forcing them to carry the load for underperforming stores within their respective district. Sales goals are overwhelmingly unrealistic and customers are repeatedly inundated with promo after promo. During sales events if you fail to hit the initial unrealistic goal, you're penalized by having an additional sale with yet again unrealistic sales goals shortly there after. Credit goals are the one controllable, however stores who fail to hit these numbers are not penalized and allowed to skate by because the top performers are expected to go above and beyond each week to make up for those stores failings. All in all pay is ok and enough to support a family, but be warned, pressure is incredibly high (may actually shorten your life) and management is slightly delusional in their goal setting. If you sold a product customers were truly interested in, you wouldn't need outrageous sales goals. If pricing was even remotely fairer the customers would be more loyal in the future.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pressure, goals, and more pressure.
Lack of a life
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 24, 2019
You work so many hours you have no time to do anything. On your day off all you want to do is sleep. Non sympathetic district manager. Has no empathy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hope you can handle the customer's cussing you out.
good and fun
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 21, 2019
Job was good and fun. It did have some down times but was fast paced most of the time. Most of the mgrs. are fun and good to work for and the hours were pretty nice for things to do with family as well.
Very stressfull envioroment
Store Sales Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 20, 2019
Its very stable job able to advance quick if you are determined. But is very stressful, very confrontational environment and very long hours. And the balance between home work and life doesn't exist.
Pros
quick advancement
Cons
long hours not very good for people with family. will never be home
Productive fin place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLJune 20, 2019
Rent a cemter is a challenging job mentally and physically but fun. It is a good place to go if your in need of a high cost item but can not afford to buy right out.
Good place if you don’t mind not having a life.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 20, 2019
Work is fair and easy for the most part, the biggest downfall and reason for my leaving is you are required to work every Saturday always. You will have one day off in the week. Either a Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday and Sunday off. You work from 10 to 7 so basically the entirety of your day.
Pros
Being outside a lot.
Cons
Working every Saturday
ok.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 20, 2019
a lot of heavy lifting. pay wasnt that bad. i would work with them again. They do have benefits not as great as they could. Nit a bad place to work at all
Great experience and great company to work for
Sales Manager / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 20, 2019
Rent A center truly gives opportunities to the community to obtain brand names at affordable rentals giving everyone the best of what they can afford.
Highly recommended
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJune 18, 2019
Working at rent a center is the best. My team and I have the training and determination to reach and exceed company standards while providing excellent customer service.
Great place to work at
Great company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJune 18, 2019
Great company to work for. Good benefits. Long hours. Great relationships with customers. Feels good to help solve customers problems. Love working with customers and helping them achieve ownership
Busy and productive
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 18, 2019
It was very fun nice people awsome management great employee staff ...it was fun learning to build things meeting new faces we deliver furniture every where
My Time with Rac
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  3701 E 14th St, Des Moines IaJune 18, 2019
I worked pretty much from 830-730 every day besides Wednesday's and Sundays. I'd come in each day and get out my safe. Print out reports to review the previous days performance. Then look at my schedule for the day to ensure it was layed out properly. Once my guys got to work I'd have someone prepare the bank deposit then we would immediately start on past due calls. Once calls were done one person would go to the bank and I'd have my delivery guys prep and load the truck for our first delivery and I'd have my assistant do task specific to their title. So my sales manager would approve order forms for clients who needed approved, or my credit assistant would prepare collection runs that needed done throughout the day. From 11-1pm everyone would get a lunch and the day would begin. I'd deal with walk in sales throughout the day as well as web orders. The phone would ring a lot and the objection was to hit a sales goal that was expected daily as well as hit a credit expectation meaning having a only a certain amount of past due clients by the end of the day. This was the main goal for our business. I learned how to deal with people on such an intimate level and built very strong relationships with people. I learned how to build rapport with my employee's but also earn their respect. I learned after 7-8 years of being a manager how to properly motivate people. I created a work culture and was able to motivate my guys to try and get to my position one day via my own experiences and success's with the company. The hardest thing for me had to be 830-730 and working on saturday's for  more... 13 years. I missed alot of things in my kids life's but as a man I have always been and will continue to be a provider. The part I enjoyed the most was satisfying the clients. Over 13 years I've seen it all, experienced joy and pain with customers. Visited people in hospitals, been given gifts and had people cry on my shoulder. The building of trust and following through on promises was by far the most enjoyable part of my time with rent-a-center.  less
Pros
Employee purchase program, paid weekly, middle of week off, good beneftis and 401k program.
Cons
Longs hours, collections, at times tough physical labor
Nice
Lead QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 17, 2019
The place was very good but kind of environment not very friendly to work ...no flexibility of work from home either. Got good exposure to working with different teams on different projects.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 17, 2019
Overall it was a good company to work for, the management was always helpful. The hardest part of my job was repo/collection of goods from customer's homes. The best part of the job was interaction and customer service. Helping customers with purchases.
Pros
customer service
Cons
Repo/collections
Worst job ever
Credit Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 16, 2019
I could write a book on the experience I had at Rebt a Center as a collections manager or what they call a credit mgr.... please folks do not waste your life and time at RAC like I did.
Cons
The job and place and hours managers.
tough place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60618June 16, 2019
always had to achieve your goals very hard on customers upper mangement did not care only wanted results did not work with customers
alot of turnover due to lack of training
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 16, 2019
Good workplace culture. Had ping pong tables, enjoyed myself while working at RAC. Good opportunities given. preferable better feedback when employee is turned down for promotion.
It’s a very productive work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 14, 2019
There were good days and there were bad days but overall pretty good job love the active Ness and the motivationI also love to helping Customer is the best way I could
Fun easy going place to work
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILJune 14, 2019
The staff is enjoyable to work with and learn from. The busy season is slightly stressful but the coworkers make up for it. Management went out of the way to thank you for good work.
have to be able to work with people.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2019
Did manager paperwork and then set goals for employees, reviewed everyone work. It was a very easy job but it took a lot of my time and it was a learning experience.
Pros
love the people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight