Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews

Found 3,863 reviews matching the search See all 3,933 reviews
Great learning experience
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 21, 2019
I really enjoyed my job when in rent a center even though it was at times stessful. I was able to learn a lot regarding sales and inventory control and also being able to help our regular clients.
Fun and Productive
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 21, 2019
The day started by deposits being made and getting anything that would be needed throughout the day, this could ensure that the employee had more time in the store and on the sales floor. The rest of the day was made for Sales and Collections.
Pros
Great work place, meeting new faces and hearing their stories.
Cons
I left
A Place of Growth
Team Shuttle Leader (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 20, 2019
I enjoyed working at Rent A Center. I grew beyond what I thought I would accomplish there. This company adapted to the times and I adapted along with it. I had plenty of growing pains with this company , but that only made me better. Unfortunately my department will be close down and I look forward to a new journey in life. Thank you Rent A Center for the opportunity and growth.
Great Job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2019
Learn a lot of thing From Rent a Center, Show me how to be a Great Manager. One of the best job that i ever had and always made sure my staff was doing their job.
Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marysville, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Working here has been great, but I want to explore more options and see where what I have learned working here, can take me.
The management is great and tou get to make alot of good friends.
You learn alot asking questions and learning new things everyday.
Lots of management churn during my tenure
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2019
The projects were good and meaningful. Lots of management changes meant that there were numerous changes in direction on their most important projects.
Pros
Nice work space, convenient location
Another great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 17, 2019
You have the chose to work inside the building or outside...I was happy about that product that was returned you had the chose to buy the product...Which make this a great site...
Demanding with little upside
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 16, 2019
Great job if you have no family or friends. I was fortunate enough to have a great DM; he was very supportive of my career advancement. The issue lies in upper management things can change in a matter of hours and you are expected to take the ball and run. Unfortunately most people at corporate haven't touched the ball in years; so they are out of touch of what it's like in store today.
Pros
Pay was decent, supportive management
Cons
12-13 hour days
It's not that bad
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WA 98902January 16, 2019
company should pay better for the work you.do the store manager did the best to make it fun and enjoyable work place. split days off one week day and Sundays
Stressful
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVJanuary 14, 2019
Good pay and benefits for the area. Above average management. Sometimes the stress can outweigh the pay. Advancement opportunities in most cases. Met some great coworkers. One in particular, that's dearly missed.
It’s okay.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 13, 2019
It’s literally just okay. A typical days work is the regular opening and closing of the store nothing to special and nothing too tmexomsuming or hard
Fun work enviornment
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 10, 2019
My location was fun to work at but there were a lot of politics with management and Home Office.
Raises could have been better and reviews were based on company wide locations and not really on individuals performance.

Manager was very mindful of family life and if needed we could leave for family or appointments at a drop of a hat.
Hate it
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 9, 2019
The company in itself is difficult to work for, the structure on scaling and collecting is messed up. We have to call the customers for payment and turn around and call the for promotions.
Pros
Free lunch, lovely coworkers
the most I enjoyed at the job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2019
the most thing I enjoyed at this job was working as a team player we use to have meeting to comeuppance with new idea for the store so it. can run on a good wok base
working their need to just focus hitting are numbers to close
Rent a center car representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2019
typical day at work doing calls and working on credit
i learn how to not let people distract me
the area we work in is and alright place
the hardest part picking up people belongings
hitting are numbers and closing are routes
The Manager one of the best
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I really enjoy and learn a my supervisor, she train me and show all

the single details of the company. I move out from Virginia to live in

Florida.
Its ok
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJanuary 8, 2019
It's ok job for people that dont have family. The benefits suck. But the pay is pretty good. And dont think about taking time off cause they give u paid time off after a year but it's a fight to get to take it.
Pay is good work life balance not good.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 8, 2019
The people where fun to work with well some of them. The expectations of the company are unrealistic. For a credit manager they expect you to have 6 sales while closing your credit. Also is hard to close credit when your always making deliveries and not able to do the job. Job turnover is high and expect to deal with angry customers over payments. Also dont expect to be home much alot of overtime and is expected to that time in order to meet goals.
Pros
Ovetime, benefits and good people
Cons
Work life balance poor comany management
does not care about the employees
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  ohioJanuary 8, 2019
There are meeting all the time about how we don't meet the IMPOSSIBLE sales goals. In these meetings they are not supportive. No "okay guys we need a new game plan. Don't worry we can do this". Instead it was "if you cant do it, get out". Job security is impossible when you get threatened every time your goals aren't met. Even when you meet the goals (which is a big deal since the goals are impossible) they offer an incentive but then you never even get it! Or they promise this big prize and it a gift card worth nothing. Plus they do a ton of telemarketing and door to door. They also send people to do repos and if your numbers arent where they need to be they make you work till 9 or 10 pm when we close at 7 banging on doors. You could easily work a 7am-10pm day.
Productive work place, high expectations, little home life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIJanuary 8, 2019
It was a good place to work. The work load can be physically demanding and is not always evenly distributed among the staff. Compensation was adequate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight