Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews in Columbia, SC

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 4,258 reviews
My time here was....
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 3, 2018
During my time here at RAC, everything started OK. Tenure in the company didn't seem to matter when it come down to candidates for advancement. The crew I worked with was excellent, but no chance for advancement.
Only if you have no other option
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2017
Long hours, stressful account management, unprofessional staff and management, Cut throat collections, high terms on products, good at screwing over customers and taking advantage of low income neighborhoods and communities. Avoid at all cost
Pros
I got paid
Cons
Almost everything about the job
great job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2017
I really enjoyed making deliveries throughout the columbia area. I learned my way around Columbia from working at rent a center
Pros
great hours
Cons
pay
First Management Job I Loved
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 4, 2016
This was a great opportunity to show great customer skills while providing a quality work experience. The people I inspired also did the same for me.
Pros
Great overall experience
Nice Steady Paced work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 29, 2016
This was a nice place to work I love to interact with customers, I would still be there if I hadn't lost my license (suspended)
Pros
steady work _ never a dull moment
Cons
hateful and mean customers
Learned new skills
Lead Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2015
A typical day includes calling past due customers, contacting sale leads, going over daily agenda, lunch break, delivery, servicing, and pick-ups, running past-due customers, come back to the store, replacing merchandise on showroom floor, calling past-due customers again, making sure the floor is "rent ready". I have acquired many skills from this opportunity such as; telemarketing, became a competent salesman, excellent time management, electronic and appliance specialist, and how to troubleshoot. The management did what was required by corporate but when it came to customer worker conflict was not up to par. The co-workers were great and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was probably the managements' expectations of a single worker doing the job of two. The most enjoyable part was training new employees and making deliveries.
Rent a center
Customer Service Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed driving the truck and vans to help my customers.I enjoyed having a employee account and being able to buy stuff brand new at a discount and a low payment deducted from my check.
Pros
Work is not stationary.
Cons
Work is very hard on the body
no weekend off ever
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  columbia scFebruary 10, 2015
I actually like working at rent a center the pay was okay it was just never having a weekend off is kind of depressing. This a job for a older person with no personal life.n
Pros
get paid every week
Cons
no weekend off
great job
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 6, 2014
long days have to mange your time
what i learn is disapline
hard work
hardest part to the job deployments
hated it
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 10, 2014
Your performace isnt how you are being evaluated they suck dont work for them most miserable job ive ever had
very challenging to learn more skills.
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2013
Interesting job to learn much more of Customer Service and well Organize in services.
Improving the quality of life for our customers
Assistant Manager Collections (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 23, 2013
General sales of furntiure, electronics and appliances. I assist in forming and business relationship with my customers in order to help them become owners of beautiful household items. I insure them that there credit issues does not have to stop them from being able to own. I manage there accounts and help them to maintain healthy financial habits.
Pros
Benefits and weekly payroll
Cons
12 hour days 6 day a week
Very fun place to work!
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2013
During the time I was there I really enjoyed working for the company. The only issue with the company was not being able too advance as quickly through the company. The benefits are great and also free lunches that were earned throughout the week. Overall a good company to work for but you are required to work overtime, working 48-52 hours per week. So, if you have a family that requires your attention, this company would not be good for you.
Fast pace position
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 4, 2013
Work from as early as 8am and would not leave until almost 9pm. Conduct proper collection calls and procedures. Assist customers with new or renewal of rental agreements. I enjoyed my co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job would be closing a route at times. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with customers.
Pros
employee competitions
Cons
not fulfilling goals
The district I worked for in Columbia had no job security.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 1, 2012
I worked from 9am until 8:30pm or 9pm a lot days. I had Thursday and Sundays off. I learned a lot dealing with customer service. The management I had over me was terrible. It had alot to do with favortism. My favorite part of the job was making a positve impact on customers. It was not unheard of my position to be threaten by manager or district manager because unwilling customers that wont pay or return merchandise. Other co-workers were rude to customers. I worked hard for over 4 years for RAC but I am glad I am able to move on with my life. While working there you will have no personal time.
Pros
getting paid every week
Cons
no work and home balance