Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews for Account Manager

Found 434 reviews matching the search See all 4,126 reviews
It was ok.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 13, 2019
This job is very demanding. No time to really have a life. If you have kids it’s really not the job for you. The hours are long but the pay is decent you always got overtime.
treat women like garbage
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 20, 2019
if youre a women and you work for this company you are not going to make it the men will brake you down and make you do everything while they sit and do nothing
Cons
harassment
Long Hours
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 12, 2019
Working 9am-7pm wasn't for me. The job was very demanding on certain people. In the morning I'd make make calls, Take lunch. Then come back and load the truck to start the days deliveries/Pick ups. While everyone else is playing on their phones
Pros
Employee Purchase
Cons
Long hours, Management
A Decent place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKMarch 5, 2019
I reluctantly took a job at RAC during a time of economic down turn. My overall perception and opinion of the company was actually improved after I worked for them. The job itself was a mix of physical and office work. I always perceived that these type of businesses were just taking advantage of the poor and ignorant, but I was surprised to see that wasn't the case. The company is just renting out inventory with the option to own after renting for a long period. The company goes out of it's way to disclose exactly what the terms of the rental agreements are. They do not try to trick the customer in any way. The pay and benefits for this company are somewhat lackluster but are better than most any retail company you will go to work for.
Pros
Nice mix of office work and physical labor
Cons
pay and benefits
Stubborn, Needy, Higher management makes your job harder
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCMarch 5, 2019
My time here at RAC has been very negative. The only thing that has kept me from leaving is my team. We all are close and put each other before ourselves. There is no time for training even though the company stresses it. 90% of customers are lying, thieving, aggressive people, and it puts great stress on the account managers. The legal action is never taken and instead the account managers are pushed to continue knocking on past due customers despite it being dangerous/useless. The technology is outdated as well as the vehicles. The company's higher management is always re-renting to customers who have skipped town and returned making it the team's job very hard to keep their numbers in the positive. There is no time for family and getting a day off is near impossible. Vacation time is hard to come by, a year there and only 16 hours have accumulated. If you work here you need a high tolerance for stupidity and long hours. I did work alone for half the time so maybe someone with a partner will have a more successful experience. At least you get overtime.
Pros
Current manager will put her team before herself, Overtime
Cons
High expectations, dangerous, stressful, no time for family/friends
not a company with good policy
job Accounts Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAFebruary 25, 2019
They would make the employees go after customers for collection as well as the one to pick up and deliver merchandise. Sometimes the customers were very angry when we would arrive.
Good pay
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2019
I was sold on this company because of the amount pay they offered per hour. The job did not offer bonus or commission but allowed the employees to be hired in as full time employees and the opportunity to pick up overtime hours.
Pros
Hours of operation, pay and local travel
Cons
Heavy lifting, getting customers to pay on delinquent or past due accounts
It was fun
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North Versailles, PAFebruary 14, 2019
Not really mich to say. It was fun while there. You meet people who would like to buy product and you deliver ot to there place. Once thats dine you help them manage their account.
Good Job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 10, 2019
Rent a Center offers a lot of opportunities to grow within the company and work your way up. Working at a franchise i learned a lot about business management and how to grow the company.
Very bad management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Very bad place to work they make you harass people for payments even before they're late they don't want to pay you for the heads work you do they care about your personal life at all
I loved my time with the company.
(Account Manager ) Red Bank Road (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCDecember 12, 2018
Rent A Center is a great company to work for if you are a guy are single lol I wouldn't advice it for women that have a young family but if you are motivated are can juggle that time the money can be made the benefits are out of this world and you will move up in the company in no time. I love my RAC Family.
Pros
The work experience and knowledge.
Cons
The long hours.
Always busy
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILOctober 31, 2018
I enjoyed always having something to do. Being an account manager allowed to to help customers understand their options and I should more. Also had opportunity to move up
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Long shifts
fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 27, 2018
This is a great place to work . If you are interested in becoming a sales rep. working with this company will help develop those skills. The company core values are a key factor in accomplishing that goal.
I was working for acceptance now which is a part of rent a center
Account manager (Former Employee) –  9733 e Roosevelt blvdOctober 26, 2018
I we’ll love to go back and work there when my store closed down the relocation was in ny my life style didn’t allow me, was reallly fun to help people with there credit and the items they need for there home .
Fun environment, good money and hr was very professional and they know there job really well and this is why I well love to go back and apply again and I met the vice president of the company very nice people to work for 100%
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Account Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2018
Clock in and make calls to insure delivery of goods. Make collection calls to late customer for payments. The hardest part of the job was delivery of heavy furniture or appliances.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay
Great Company Poor Staff
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2018
Rent A Centers a great company to work for just need better leadership in some stores organized warehouse/stock room weekly sale promotions self driven motivated staff
Pros
Discount Meals
Cons
Short breaks, Unbalanced Schedule
I enjoyed working at there.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2018
The job offered (at the time) a nice wage. I most enjoyed doing delivery for Rent-a-Center, it helped me to manage my time better including time spent loading trucks, estimating time travel etc,.
Great place to work.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Good work environment. People I worked with were very knowledgeable and very helpful. Company has great training to those with no experience. Had realistic goals for employees.
alwasy busy
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCSeptember 12, 2018
working here was ok, I was always at work with early mornings and late nights. its hard for someone with a family and you never get weekends off. its more of a life style and not a job.
Pros
Cons
always at work
Numbers matter, not the employee
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 9, 2018
RAC would be ok if it could somehow implement a real work life balance. We spend a majority of our time at work and because of this our families get neglected. If we don't get numbers we are forced to stay extra hours on top of the crazy hours we have to work on a daily basis. Upper management really don't care about anything personally that we have going on outside of RAC, because at the end of the day its all about getting a NUMBER by any means necessary. It doesn't matter if we don't get to see our kids/wives/girlfriends/husbands ect, because that NUMBER is all they care about. There should be a way that we can alternate working Saturdays. It's hard not being able to see your kids football games week in and week out. We work every Sat in a calendar year unless you happen to be on vacation, which is sad. There has to be a way to help our work life balance because there is absolutely not one in this company. Its always difficult to have to hear your child ask you are you coming to their game, and your only response to this is "NO, because you have to go to work. I do believe RAC has the ability to be a good company. The best part about this job is having the ability to help customers get that item that they have be wanting for some time and to see that smile on their faces as you know you did something special for someone so that feeling that you have inside is one that cant be described. My only issue with this company is the lack empathy they have for their employees. We are asked to give everything we have into this company to insure that its operating at a high level,  more... but no one ever really do anything for its employees to make them feel like we appreciate your hard work and for that we must focused on a way to ensure that we give them a better work life balance. I can promise you that if the employees had adequate time with their families and rest, the NUMBERS they so badly want would be better because you would get more out of your people and the turnover rate wouldn't be as bad.  less
Pros
helping people, getting paid weekly, and the benefits
Cons
no work life balance, upper management disregard to lower level employees, work every Saturday, exposure to bed bugs, rouches, mice, and inhumane conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight