Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Found 385 reviews matching the search See all 4,127 reviews
Good gob no home time
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 31, 2019
Very little home time. Great job to see happy customers. Very routine so you don’t have to relearn the job daily. The employee purchase discounts are great!!!
Favoritism.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 31, 2019
If you have a complaint or problems and report it to main office it’s suppose to be confidential but they tell the RD the RD informs the DM then the DM informs the SM so everyone knows and suppose to keep it a secret. Over worked, have to work after closing hours.
Pros
401 k match
Cons
Under paid, short staff, no respect from anyone up top.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYCMarch 8, 2019
A day at RAC starts with team meetings always. Everybody needs an understanding of where the store currently stands and our goal for the day. I've learned that if you have a strong team behind you, your goals can be accomplished but its up to you to build your teams moral. The hardest part of the job was getting the problematic customers to make on time payments. The part that I enjoyed was when the team pulled together and overcame the obstacles. We came up with ways to either meet the customers half way by going to pick up the payment from them or asking them to pay half or whatever it took for the store to close with the company expectations of us.
Review Summary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 5, 2019
Working in this company I have learned a lot about business. I learned a lot about the company that I did not like, which includes how day to day things are ran, employees are not treated well and are not held accountable for many things.
Beware!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 22, 2019
Store manager is horrible. Very sloppy. The district manager left me in a situation that was a threat to me and my family. Bonuses are based on how much you can cheat the customer. The company is a fraud. I would look elsewhere for work. Coworkers would come to work reaking of marijuana. They were loud and would curse at people across the store. Very unprofessional all around.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Toxic working atmosphere all around. Predujust store manager.
No comment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2019
I do not wish to leave a comment. There should be an option to skip this part for those of us. Who wish not to participate in this aprr of the process
Very fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2019
I liked working with this company because it was very fast paced and competitive. Always a thrill to see if we were in first place from our district. The hours were long, 50 hours a week was mandatory in NY branches but I didn't mind.
Pros
Worked with a great team
Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marysville, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Working here has been great, but I want to explore more options and see where what I have learned working here, can take me.
The management is great and tou get to make alot of good friends.
You learn alot asking questions and learning new things everyday.
Another great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 17, 2019
You have the chose to work inside the building or outside...I was happy about that product that was returned you had the chose to buy the product...Which make this a great site...
Productive work place, high expectations, little home life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIJanuary 8, 2019
It was a good place to work. The work load can be physically demanding and is not always evenly distributed among the staff. Compensation was adequate.
rac
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clayton, OH 45315December 13, 2018
i wont work for them or do businesses with them ,i dont recommencement to any one , its crazy hours , unclean stores
no matter you still no doing it right
Rent a center provided a semi stable working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 13, 2018
Rent a center provided a semi stable work environment with a chance to promote from within depending on your surrounding cast. It can be a fun and laid back work environment with chances to promote eventually.
Pros
Working outside of the office
Cons
Collection calls from unruly customers
you have to love to work long hours and a demanding schedule
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 14, 2018
theres always something you have to do if your not a team player it makes the job alot harder not just on yourself but the rest of the crew. you learn alot of important skills for future jobs. the workplace is difficult you never have a moments rest if you want to do your job right. hardest part is the demanding expectations there is always a goal that the company wants you to hit and if the rest of your team doesn't help well your not going to enjoy being there for too long
Pros
alot of overtime hours
Cons
no breaks, demanding task every week, customer and employees can be difficult
no life work balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  new yorkNovember 13, 2018
customer are so disrespectful don’t pay their bills and employees get blame for it !! no life work balance hard to sell, always short staff not the best place to work at a
Pros
sundays off
Cons
bad management
Rac
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAOctober 24, 2018
I worked for rac for 3yrs and enjoyed every minute of it I started off delivering furniture through the city and eventually became an assistant manager there was compitition within for sales leaders and having most customers/items rented out (bor) I loved my lead assistant and manager we became very good friends till this day unfortunate I had to leave rac due to a torn acl and 3 surgeries so I was let go but its a place I would try to work at again
Pros
Cons
Lifting
Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTOctober 22, 2018
This company recognizes your work and promotes from within. The RAC company is very advanced. I have heard that over the years they have improved on many levels.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Life/Work Balance
Good Opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2018
Good place to work. Room for advancement and growth. Good Benefits. Paid time off. Opportunity for advancement. Promotes within. Good job stability. Overall good Company.
terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Penn Hills, PA 15235October 9, 2018
spent too long here working stupidly long days to make near not enough money for the type and amount of work they ask you to do would not recomennd at all
Productive and fun place to be
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
As a Credit Manager i daily travel to homes collecting payment and making connections with the customer. This position was great for me and happy to work.
Pros
Disscounts
Cons
Driving all day
Assistant Manager Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2018
A typical day as an Assistant Manager was to ensure customer satisfaction through maintaining customer retention. Reporting accurate quarterly sales and budgets for store profit as well as losses. Trained customer account representatives to decrease delinquent customer accounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight