Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews for Customer Service Account Representative

Found 421 reviews matching the search See all 4,132 reviews
Great learning skills
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2019
Fun place to work meet a lot of interesting people it's an uphill battle to advance from employee to store manager some customers are not that honest but it still an okay place to learn more about the business world
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
You have to deal with a lot of liars
Pay is not worth what you go through daily
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYMay 17, 2019
Management treats you like a slave, the pay is total nonsense for the work you do. The mental thoughts daily of what you might be bringing home to your family after being in so many dirty homes is enough to drive you crazy.
This is a job for a desperate person looking for a short term gig. This job destroys your body! Customer Account Representatives are really the ones who get the worst jobs, pay, etc. If you can get into management your golden but stay off the road!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, abuse your body daily, must bewhere of bugs at all times, all in all a bad place to work
Terrible company to work for
Sales Manager/ Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 13, 2019
I worked at RAC for 2 years, I worked up from Customer account representative to sales manager. Working here was the worst job I've ever had! Sales goals are completely unattainable and you are treated like dirt when you dont meet them. I would only recommend working for them if you are in a dire situation and need $ now.
Pros
Cons
Split days off, always, no exception. Poor pay, no incentive to meet actual quotas
Overworked
Customer Account Representative/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 3, 2019
Strenuous work and unprofessional environment. I felt overworked all the time and the management was all over the place. The store and work vehicles/equipment were filthy. They lacked understanding and didn't care about anything else other than getting the job done. They try to treat their customers well but are careless when it comes to employees. I was miserable working there
Pros
Okay place to start for delivery drivers
Cons
Toxic environment
Great pay, long hours, horrible management.
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2019
The work itself is not hard at all. Load and unload appliances and furniture in the truck, make calls, take payments, etc. What really got under everyone's skin was the management. They were so unorganized and the day to day operations change without warning. The constant barrage berating and belittling from the management in the store were dreadful. Employees were usually on edge, the hours were long. Go in around 9:30-10 and leave around 8:30 five days a week. Weekly paychecks were nice but the 45+ hours a week were not.
Great place to work and advance your career
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 11, 2019
RAC is one of those places that will actively teach you something new everyday, whether it be with the customer or just the situations which present themselves everyday. Coworkers are helpful and teach you the best way to take care of things and managers were understanding and flexible.
Pros
Comfortable workplace
Cons
Weekly quotas
Really like it
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAApril 9, 2019
I love my job, I plan on moving up in the company, hopefully to have my own store one day. I've only been with Rent A Center a couple of months but I see myself going far in the Rent A Center company. Mostly good customers, and co-workers. I would highly recommend trying to get a job there.
Pros
Different things to do each day
Cons
Picking up nasty furniture, appliances, etc
If you like you’re time and spend time with the family, this job is not for you
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2019
Time consuming, no team work, everybody thinks about there self, probability of having an injury is through the roof and the manager will get mad at you if u can’t work for him in that situation... overall takes away your whole life, the money low money is not worth and of the heavy lifting and Managers think that every delivery is 10 min or less... don’t do it..
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Everything else
Great people, easy going atmosphere, terrible hours
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOMarch 29, 2019
I couldn't handle working until 7 every night and never having 2 days off in a row, other than that it is a great place to work. You will draw new perspectives on what you think the job is and how you look at customers. Definitely a family atmosphere. If you do not need lots of time with family, then this is a great opportunity for a great career.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, fairly relaxed, decent pay, and good equipment
Cons
No time for family, never home for dinner
good and fun place to work
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMarch 26, 2019
good and fun place to work
however not fun for a woman to have to move furniture while men stand by and look offering no help at all benefits were good i fyou can somehow get signed up. i dont think that women should be hired as credit account reps (cars) because of the very heavy lifting, and moving of furniture, and you are expected to do it alone...not good at all
Pros
sunday off
Cons
no prior warning to working pst your shift and its never overtime, it is taken from you r time, you have to come in ater the following week
Ok job but not a career
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2019
Your experience with the company will be based off where you work. But if you are in the right location with a great manager you will love it. You get to interact with different people. Everyday is something new and the freedom you have is great. The company benefits are great too
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Schedule split off days
Time consuming
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 17, 2019
By far one of the worst jobs I've ever had in my 46 years on earth. This is a job for high school or college students. The forbidden weekends of rule is over rated. The harassment of late paying customers is stressful. Not worth the money paid hourly.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Temporary Job Only
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 15, 2019
Worked as an employee for a full year. Worked at the Fenton store. The management didn't ever follow the company's policy's to the point they openly mocked district managers. Main reason of resignation was due to the fact they do their best not to train you on the SIMs system, keep you out on the road doing delivery's, neither to teach sales or other basic duties. They also will not teach you sales lead tool. You're just a repossession and delivery guy. Not worth the pay to do 3 jobs and work inside infested houses because they will still make you deliver there even if it's a Hazzard.
Easy to learn systems and excellent work place culture
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2019
The work is doable and easy at RAC, but the type of work does not cater to all types of people. While the sales team and store is fun to work in, the sales system and clientele are not easy to work with.
It’s a good place to work
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21221February 1, 2019
It’s a challenging position for sure.Just work hard and You’ll be fine. It gets a little crazy but just keep your cool. That’s all I can do is tell you that you will work long hours.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes it’s hard to hit the collection and sales numbers.
Very Productive. Yet the companys expectation contradicts the wages given to employees.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CT 06002January 23, 2019
I am a very hard and dedicated worker for rent a center I really sharpened my skills which I thank them for. I would usually walk in do my round of calls trying to get my payments in for my accounts before the day is due. We had to maintain a certain percentage for every end of the week as to my understanding yet we learned sales how to greet customers and fulfill them with there needs whether it was a cell phone or a refrigerator it was delivered I always tried my best to make every delivery a success. on slow days we organize the store I used to clean the store making space in the back room for more inventory or returns from customers. I drove the box truck and the rent a center van either making deliveries or picking up over due merchandise. I would say the hardest part of the job is bringing linebackers up to the third floor but as I said no job was impossible if done correctly. This job has taught me a lot about engaging with customers but on a more personal level actually remembering names and making sure each customer was highly satisfied.
Pros
Good working enviorment, Not strenuous at all, maintains the bills.
Cons
Short Breaks, Low wages, No vacation Given while working for over a year with this company.
Stressful
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVJanuary 14, 2019
Good pay and benefits for the area. Above average management. Sometimes the stress can outweigh the pay. Advancement opportunities in most cases. Met some great coworkers. One in particular, that's dearly missed.
Good pay, but the job sets you up for failure
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 5, 2019
You make good money, but as a customer account representative, you're put in a position where you're over people's accounts and it's your job to collect payments on time or collect the merchandise. The problem is that you have no back up to do either. You can call a customer a million times or go by their house, even set up a payment arrangement, and if they don't pay or return the merchandise it's all on you and you're held accountable. You can even go to a customer's house and they could be there telling you that you can't retrieve the property and you're not allowed to force your way in or call the cops. I've seen co workers get attacked and the police didn't do nothing. Basically if the customers don't pay, don't give up the merchandise, or moves away without the company's knowledge, then it's your fault and it can cost you your job.
Pros
Hour lunch break, paid holidays, good pay and benefits
Cons
You're held accountable for what people choose to do or not to do, it's physically challenging if not in shape for lifting heavy furniture even if you're a woman
RAC taught me a lot about sales
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJanuary 2, 2019
Spent most of my day cleaning up products in the back to take the the front and sale as if they were "lightly used." Making calls and repossession runs made up the other part of my day.
Job was stressful
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2018
My day consist of chasing customers who would not make payments, had guns pulled on me, dogs chased, disrespectful customers and management did not care, was sent back out to retrieve merchandise. Was made to deliver product in rain, with no proper covering. No regard for hours, made to stay late with no O/T, but they went home hours before store closed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rent-A-Center.

Powered by Comparably