Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews for Customer Service Account Representative

Found 426 reviews matching the search See all 4,259 reviews
Very Productive. Yet the companys expectation contradicts the wages given to employees.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CT 06002January 23, 2019
I am a very hard and dedicated worker for rent a center I really sharpened my skills which I thank them for. I would usually walk in do my round of calls trying to get my payments in for my accounts before the day is due. We had to maintain a certain percentage for every end of the week as to my understanding yet we learned sales how to greet customers and fulfill them with there needs whether it was a cell phone or a refrigerator it was delivered I always tried my best to make every delivery a success. on slow days we organize the store I used to clean the store making space in the back room for more inventory or returns from customers. I drove the box truck and the rent a center van either making deliveries or picking up over due merchandise. I would say the hardest part of the job is bringing linebackers up to the third floor but as I said no job was impossible if done correctly. This job has taught me a lot about engaging with customers but on a more personal level actually remembering names and making sure each customer was highly satisfied.
Pros
Good working enviorment, Not strenuous at all, maintains the bills.
Cons
Short Breaks, Low wages, No vacation Given while working for over a year with this company.
Stressful
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVJanuary 14, 2019
Good pay and benefits for the area. Above average management. Sometimes the stress can outweigh the pay. Advancement opportunities in most cases. Met some great coworkers. One in particular, that's dearly missed.
Good pay, but the job sets you up for failure
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 5, 2019
You make good money, but as a customer account representative, you're put in a position where you're over people's accounts and it's your job to collect payments on time or collect the merchandise. The problem is that you have no back up to do either. You can call a customer a million times or go by their house, even set up a payment arrangement, and if they don't pay or return the merchandise it's all on you and you're held accountable. You can even go to a customer's house and they could be there telling you that you can't retrieve the property and you're not allowed to force your way in or call the cops. I've seen co workers get attacked and the police didn't do nothing. Basically if the customers don't pay, don't give up the merchandise, or moves away without the company's knowledge, then it's your fault and it can cost you your job.
Pros
Hour lunch break, paid holidays, good pay and benefits
Cons
You're held accountable for what people choose to do or not to do, it's physically challenging if not in shape for lifting heavy furniture even if you're a woman
RAC taught me a lot about sales
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJanuary 2, 2019
Spent most of my day cleaning up products in the back to take the the front and sale as if they were "lightly used." Making calls and repossession runs made up the other part of my day.
Job was stressful
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2018
My day consist of chasing customers who would not make payments, had guns pulled on me, dogs chased, disrespectful customers and management did not care, was sent back out to retrieve merchandise. Was made to deliver product in rain, with no proper covering. No regard for hours, made to stay late with no O/T, but they went home hours before store closed.
I worked with a great team, we all grew close with one another, made great friends.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INDecember 3, 2018
Over all a great place to work, if you dont like to make plans and you dont have children. This isn't a job I would recommend for people with young Children. This job takes alot of dedication, time, strength, loyalty. Being a small team of 5 you dont have anyone to cover for you if you call in sick. This job is very rewarding, the experience is somehing I will take with me everywhere I go, i had a great management team and if it wasnt for my boss i never would have had the chance to experience what I did. She believed in me when noone else thought i could do the job. She showed me just because your a woman doesnt mean you cant do the job. I'm very thankful.
Pros
Benifets, constant contests, great team to work with, pay is good, make new friends
Cons
The hours.
Run from this job
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, MINovember 30, 2018
What can I say about RAC? For starters, if you have aspirations of having a family, social life or further schooling forget about it. The job frequently requires you to work 10+hour days and 45-50 hr weeks. They love to make you feel bad if you cannot work extra OT and make you feel like less of a team player. Who wants to put in so much extra effort for $12/hr? No one and that's why new hires only lasted 1-2 months at RAC. As a Customer Account Rep you're job is harass people who are 1+ days past due by calling three times a day and running their accounts in person which is embarrassing. The employees at RAC really think they're helping customers by overcharging them hundreds to thousands of dollars over what they can buy the item for at Walmart or Best buy.

Moreover, the "benefits" are terrible and are a reason why most employees at RAC are on Medicaid or have no insurance. For one person, the weekly rates were $80/week at least for a $1000 deductible that hardly covered anything. How can someone making $12/hr afford insurance when it's nearly a 1/4 of their income?

Lastly, the trucks and vans you use on a daily basis are so run down that you risk your life making deliveries. If offered a job at this company any sane person should run away.
Pros
Hour lunches & weekly pay
Cons
Poor management, no family life, terrible insurance
Horribly stressful
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 26, 2018
Turnover rate is HIGH for a reason. No work life balance whatsoever and that's how they want it to be. They expect you to live and breathe soly for rent a center. Management is not good at managing anything. Other Co-workers slack off and if your the only one who actually does their job be prepared to have management make you pick up THEIR slack, then get yelled at for falling behind on your own work. They have me doing the job of an assistant manager plus more and yet I'm getting paid the same amount as the slackers.
Pros
Overtime sometimes
Cons
Lazy co-workers, unqualified management, low pay, long hours, no life work balance at all
Good job
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSNovember 13, 2018
Great job, learn to tele market deal with stressful customers able to move around appliances. Great benefits. Long hours, can get stressful at times since managers push sales.
terrible
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJOctober 30, 2018
a toxic environment where if you do not fit in you will be set up to get fired, they behave in a manner that is very childish and they live in a world where its an eye for an eye, if you love your life do not work there
Job was fun but management ruins it every time
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INOctober 11, 2018
Was a fun job until you found out the store manager talked badly about his employees to everyone. Managers also threaten your job and try to bully you on a daily basis
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Short breaks and horrible management top to bottom
Working for this company has it's ups and downs! I wouldnt reccommend anyone to appy or work for this company.
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 30, 2018
This company isn't a fair company. Managers are very lazy and never want to help and do anything. They leave all the hard work and labor to the customer account representatives. They want you to do the deliveries and do their job for them as well which isn't fair. Most of them are getting paid for nothing just to sit around. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company!!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
healthcare
Can be a great job very demanding
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Rent a Center was a great job at the beginning but they do stress sales and the job is very time consuming you work 48 hrs per week and sale goal's must be met per store.

Customer Service Reps are outside of store doing deliveries for most of the day.

When customers are late with payments you are forced to go to there house and demand payments which can be uncomfortable at times and can be very stressful.
Pros
Good active work environman and great pay
Cons
Long work hours can be stressful if sale goles are not met
Decent Job
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 20, 2018
I love working for the company. You do have opportunity to advance in the company and your fellow employees become your second family because you work together so much. I loved working for the company until I started working with my current manager. Been with the company for 5 years now
Bad Management
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  San Pablo, CASeptember 19, 2018
Rent A Center is probably the worst managed i've worked for. My staff was great to work with besides the manager and district manager. A few of the employees i've worked with recently quit the company after stating issues we had with the store manager not performing his duties as our manager to our DM. In Both situations we gave our DM a Heads Up on the treatment we were receiving from our manager. He never resolved the issue he just made more tension in the work environment.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
Terrible Management, No Consideration for the rest of the team. Unexpected Scheduling Changes During the same work day.
Able to work independently
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed the freedom to work outside the office. Retrieving lost merchandise was one of my favorite functions. Overall working for this company was a positive experience.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Low pay
Do not work at this company
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is going home. You Consistently will be hurting from ridiculous deliveries. As a CAR you will spend your day running around trying to keep up with all of your responsibilities. The customer base for the majority of the part is completely rude. You will be exposed to people's living situations and some of them are less than desirable, many have bed bugs, lice roaches, and are poorly maintained. They do not care about the employees they only care about the numbers. Do not work here.
Hard work requireing a can do attitude
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CASeptember 12, 2018
On the whole, the work environment was standard, i loved my boss, but the work was very labor intensive and for my role in the company as a CAR... the customers hated me. it was my job to collect on past due accounts, so the customers i got to know where the delinquent and hard margin customers. from dealing with pest problem, rancid appliances, and down right life threatening at times, it got to be very mentally taxing... I spent most of my days driving around on the truck, and knocking on doors... it got to be very depressing that no one ever wanted to see me, and at times, when customers i felt sorry for were in need of understanding, the corporate atmosphere did not allow for compassion. my boss did what he could to help, but sometimes his hands were tied because he has a boss too after all is said and done. Not a job for the weak willed or compassionate of heart, but if taking a crying child's bed away from them doesn't bother you, by all mean... you will do well in this position with this company.
Pros
there is real comaradorie in this job, a Us Vs. Them additude
Cons
Its a corperation that only cares about profits
rent a center
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 12, 2018
Rent A Center is a good job for a single person not so much for one in a relationship.the business hours are not the best for people with kids either.
Pros
ok pay and you get to travel alot
Cons
Hours are not the best
Driver/Customer Account Rep
Customer Account Representative/Driver (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 9, 2018
Rent A Center was a horrible life experience and place to work. I have a disability and was reminded of short comings, and ridicule on a daily bases in a abusive environment at Rent A Center. I felt so helpless.
Pros
On the Job Training
Cons
Abusive Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.3K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss