Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews for Customer Service Account Representative

Found 426 reviews matching the search See all 4,258 reviews
n/a
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 31, 2018
It was a straight forward job, clock in, do your job, clock out. it was a little physical but it made time fly. I liked it, your not stuck in the office a majority of time which was nice, the team work was great, the pay was nice,
Micro-management and petty coworker
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2018
picture this you go into work only to meet a spiteful glare being told you don't understand your job even though you consistently are in top 5 in the district that's my Rent A Center not all of them but mine we have the lowest moral employees all have something against each other for trivial and spiteful reason and no amount of optimism can fix I I`ve been to other Rent-A-Centers and the atmosphere is completely different so it all depends where you land it may be a great of horrible experience based on your coworkers
Was a fun productive work environment
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NEMarch 21, 2018
Working here was great coworker and boss were fun never felt to overwhelmed with the work had fun going out on delivery’s would always go back if I could
Unwilling to work with my college schedule
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 19, 2018
Felt like I was constantly harassing clients, overworked. I was hired by the manager at 3099 knowing that I was a college student and when the time came, manager made it difficult for me so I had to leave. Staff were lazy always playing video games or fooling around.
Pros
Cons
Unwillingness to work with college students, overworked
Don't expect your above store level management to comply with laws or company regulations
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 4, 2018
Like working for employers that pick and choose what laws they are going to follow? Do you like having an employee handbook that isn't worth the paper it's printed on? Do you like not getting a pay raise for two years?

If so then this is the job for you
Pros
Cons
Horrible pay, incompetent management
It is a sales position
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Winslow, AZMarch 3, 2018
If you like the doing the same thing everyday then this is the job for you. Not much to it and little to no gratification. Great way to meet new people
great job
Customer Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 27, 2018
no complaints, it was a good job don't know why I have to write more
even when it got tough in my life, RAC was willing to pay my way back to Colorado
Horrible Coworkers
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 27, 2018
Rude, arrogant, bullying coworkers. If you have no family or life this is the job for you. You work early to late at night, including Saturdays. You also work holidays.
Pros
Lunch time
great job to have possible career
customer account representative (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAFebruary 26, 2018
My typical work day at rent-a-center I will do credit checks / collect payments and sells calls from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.. I will take lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. after lunch I will begin delivering orders until 6:30 after delivers I'll begin cleaning and locking down the store.
Life of a furniture delivery guy
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTFebruary 23, 2018
On a typical day, a CAR would start their day by calling all the customers that are past due, as well as those that are due currently. When a balance cannot be collected, a CAR would go to a customers home in the attempt to collect a debt. If the customer could not be contacted, a door tag would be left.
On the other hand, most of the duties were to deliver and/or merchandise to a customers home using company supplied vehicles.
Normally, the work environment is fantastic. Laid back and friendly atmosphere, the best part was driving all over the valley.
Unfortunately, when there is a conflict with another co-worker, the issues do not get resolved. It because so bad that I ended up quitting because I could not tolerate the verbal abuse. If that issue had been resolved, I would still be there because the job was great. They could pay their employees for more money for the job that they do, considering how many customers live on the top floors...
Pros
Hour Lunches, Lots of traveling
productive and fun.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 22, 2018
It was a good place to work. I liked my coworkers and my boss. He was fair and helped out as much as possible. I'd still be working there if I didn't lose my vehicle.
Pros
Good pay. hour breaks.
Cons
No free lunch.
Workplace was a family friendly.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJ 07093February 21, 2018
It's a place to feel challenged. One must be able to multi-task all day and help in different area beside their own work. Holidays are celebrated with sharing of food. I learned to always be calm when the customer isn't. To think quickly in solving customers concerns and problems. Manager was great to work with at all times.
Terrible.
Customer Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 12, 2018
Terrible management, terrible systems, terrible employees, overall terrible business, wouldn't work for OR RENT from ever. The manager at my particular location believed he was a Dragon. Overall the company i believe to be extremely unprofessional not only from an employee standpoint but also from 90% of its customer base while i was there.
Pros
pay.
Cons
Management, systems, job duties
Awful place to work
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 10, 2018
Awful working place, being a PDS Is being the slave of the place don’t do it. Always make you deliver furniture and items by yourself even if upstairs they have no sympathy for your time your taking delivery a washer and dryer up 4 flights of stairs they will call you and ask what’s taking so long when no one else in the building will lift a finger to help you.
Cons
Continous physical labor and fast paced work evironment
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 31, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed the physical aspect of the job while also enjoying getting out of the office to deliver and assist customers with their merchandise.
Pros
Long workweeks that made overtime pay required
Cons
Losing time to see my newborn daughter grow
Allful
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, NCJanuary 28, 2018
You were there all the time never left when was scheduled to. it seamed like I was there 9 to 9 everyday . I was to be a sales manager but was always on the truck delivering and was being told that I wasn't selling enough . I had to chase people for credit and was told to knock on random homes and try to get people to come into the store . I hated it !
Pros
everything
Cons
pay and benifits
Fun fast paced workplace
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 26, 2018
I loved working here because it wasnt all walk the sales floor, try and make salaes and, sit at a desk. You got to build and deliver furniture as well as make runs to collect late payments. You dealt with new and old customers daily so people skills was a amust here. I would work here again anyday
Pros
Occasional downtime to recoop and connect with coworkers.
Cons
one bathroom
awful job
C.A.R. (Customer Account Representative) (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYJanuary 25, 2018
dont work here the company offers very little to make it worth the time and effort to stay in the job, they take so little care of the workers its amazing they still have a company
Bad management
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Clementon, NJJanuary 22, 2018
Cold calls, as well as collection calls make up the bulk of the day, with a small amount of sales and out of store collections in between. Management sets some unreasonable goals for employees, and sometimes interferes with job duties. Very relaxed environment, and mileage may vary with different locations managers.
good work out
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAJanuary 22, 2018
fast paced alot of interaction with customers it was just a good job if you like customer service and great store attitude with great co workers and district managers
Pros
1hr lunches
Cons
had to work late to close out routes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.3K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss