Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews for Customer Service Account Representative

Found 426 reviews matching the search See all 4,180 reviews
Ok
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Be prepared to do it all sales clean drive long hours decent benefits job growth is available .. must pick up merchandise if customer doesn't pay long hour
Pros
Pay
Cons
You learn alot of skills that can transfer to other professions
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Great Bend, KSJanuary 16, 2018
It's not a tough job but sometimes can be mentally stressful. There positives and negatives to every job. This job can be wonderful and at other times be downright miserable.
Pros
Employee discount, career advancement
Cons
Unnessary stress on employees, difficult customers
Working as a Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative (CAR) (Former Employee) –  Derry, NH 03038January 15, 2018
Every position at Rent A Center is a sales driven position. Even as a Customer Account Representative (CAR), which entails Delivery and pick up of merchandise, making credit and sales calls, setting up, moving, and cleaning merchandise and showroom.

The most difficult part for me was making credit calls (calling people who are late on their payments), knowing most aren't going to be nice about it. I loved the people I worked with. I learned that I'm not a salesman.
Very fun, but very frustrating
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Rent-A-Center was a good learning experience; however, I had left the company due to me leaving to pursue my Bachelors Degree. This job is meant for strong and fast paced individuals such as those who can lift over 70 pounds. They paid excellent, but to me pay did not matter to me due to the fact that Rent-A-Center was just a temporary job and it had no relation to my degree. Also, the customers were a handful and very rude and demanding.
Stressful Environment. Poor Management
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 11, 2018
I quit working at rent a center because the bad customers out weighted the good. i got attitude every day. My boss and many other co workers also had lots of negative attitudes. i didn't quit until my manager decided to insult me 3 times in two days, then he kept directing me how to do my job based off his inability to do my job my way. He kept making me late to deliveries, rushing me where i didn't need to rush, and always blamed me for it. even though i did what he said. i would never recommend this rent a center 4926 to anyone. There is too much drama within the staff and with Customers.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Gossip, Negative customers, etc.
ehhhjhjhjh
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 11, 2018
sucked hardcore dont work really hated working there, it was disgusting. you really dont know how gross people are until youve been in their filthy house
Great people, but a really rough management system
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2018
The management at Rent A Center is uncoordinated and lazy. The only way to get raises and bonuses is to just work there for a while. The benefits were nice but there was little reason to stay because of the people working in other Rent A Center stores.
competitive work environment
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLDecember 11, 2017
job is fast paced and requires full concentration.
competitive sales goals and standards.
hard work environment if working in bad community.
heavy lifting is expected
Tough company to work for.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2017
Low employee moral was felt throughout the company during my time there. Everyone felt unappreciated from the top to bottom of the chain. Would not recommend.
Pros
Always hiring
Cons
Pay not worth labor
Horrible store management and district management
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 29, 2017
Poor management. Store manager only cared about his next day off and next vacation. I was personally passed up for a promotion twice. Store manager doesn’t care about you or your family despite being told that it is a family friendly place to work. Was told to promote benefits for customers that they didn’t need or want just because if we hit a certain percentage the store manager got a paid day off. No incentive for employees to make sales
Car
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PANovember 28, 2017
Make past due calls, send out past due letters, attempt to make contact on field visits, counsel past due customers, try to find a solution as to why customer is going past due, etc.
No life
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 7, 2017
The hours are 9am-8pm. On Saturdays til 7pm. You have no life, no fun. District managers are pushing sales non stop. If no-one comes in be prepared to cold call hundreds of people. The company is a complete rip off and they have u lieing every which way. Ohh and don't forget about picking up peoples merchandise when they can't pay. Ever see what happens when you take a kids bed away the day before christmas?? You'll see, oh and very high turn over rate.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No life, management, pressured about sales and collections
It helped pay bills
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 2, 2017
Not a great place to work but it helps pay the bills. Management sucked. coworkers sucked and very lazy. customers sucked. However its very slow and relaxing if you don't like doing much.
fun at first but overtime lost its shine
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrison, ARNovember 1, 2017
i have learned a lot at this job, my first rent to own job and most likely the last. management could be better. planning is not the best at this store. the hardest part of the job is the double standards. the easiest part of the job is the deliveries.
Pros
getting to leave the store.
Cons
no raises.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2017
Rent A Center was a productive and fun work place with plenty of opportunity for advancement. The work days went fairly fast and the team I was on was great!
Bad company, your a number and nothing else
Customer Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHOctober 26, 2017
Simply put this company treats its employees like replaceable pieces, offering them poor hours and expecting miraculous sales. The wages are low for the back breaking work they expect you to do. Their stock is often infested with bugs such as roaches and bed bugs. The company informs you that if you get bed bugs at home after having contact with these at work they are not responsible for the clean up. There is no proper training or instruction. I warn anyone thinking of taking this job that if you have to take it do not stay use it until you can get a better job. There is no future for the common worker of Rent-A-Center.
Pros
Product Discounts
Cons
Everything Else
Juggle
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILOctober 24, 2017
It is a retail job so you'll be working like you would if you worked for any other major retailer. Long hours around the holidays but you do make time and a half which is good. Enjoyed my time there for the most part
Pros
Semi-Freedom 1hr lunches account resolution
Cons
early Saturday mornings no commission on sales made
Unrealistic Sales Goals
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCOctober 16, 2017
I think it more depends on your Manager and coworkers. The store I worked at showed blatant favoritism from the Manager.
Cutthroat attitude when it comes to getting sales. The culture of Rent A Center is SALE SALE SALE and they constantly threaten your job.
Good place to work, no home life.
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 11, 2017
Rent-a-center is not a bad place to work. The hours just make it hard to have a life outside of work. Rent-A-Center taught me hard work does pay off..
benefits
Cons
hours
Job for the desperate
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 10, 2017
Bad management, unethical, people don't pull their own weight, bed bugs, roaches, and they take adavntage of people. You are underpaid and too many opritunities to injure yourself before insurance kicks in.
Pros
Don't have to be smart to be a manager.
Cons
Don't have to be smart to be a manger.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight