Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews for Sales Manager

Found 188 reviews matching the search See all 3,692 reviews
No family life and managers can be toxic.
LEAD SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 9, 2018
Great pay and benefits but there is no balance between work and life. As long as you are single and have no children, then this job is for you. Some locations have awesome people to work with and for while others, not so much.
Pros
Benefits, Maternity leave, Pay
Cons
Schedule, managers
Pay is good for the work you do.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 7, 2018
Go in early get out late and forget about spending any family time with your love ones. The pay is good for the amount of work that is required but you have to give it all your time.
it was a great learning experience
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Revere, MAAugust 7, 2018
i learned a lot regarding management and reports sales and achieving goals , it was a great experience yet the schedule was horrible they do not accommodate mothers
Pros
ok pay
Cons
horrible schedule
fun workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2018
great opportunities for advancement - need to be familiar with accounting and qualifying people for rental services - must be able to move furniture and appliances on a day to day basis
Forget your home life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 1, 2018
I was hired as sales manager and turned into taking on every responsibility in the store. Long days, poor pay and expensive insurance. DM micro manages. Co workers have been the only plus side to my tenure with this company.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Eveything else
Poor
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 24, 2018
No room for development
Poor wages
Poor management
Work environment and culture terrible
Terrible practices
Take advantage of customers ignorance
No work life balance
Fun work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 9, 2018
Loved working with the people but I had some employees that were not too friendly I had sad situations but other than that I likes the job I was doing
Pros
Had a good time with some employees
Cons
Had bad times with employee
Fast past with fun environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXJuly 5, 2018
Amazing company to work for!!
Fun environment to work in.
Learning new things along with cross training to expand your experience in working for the company.
Very friendly work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland, INJune 26, 2018
I think the company provided me with a good experience. I truly enjoyed the time and the staff that I worked with. I learned a lot from the company in regards to obtaining life experience.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Has its ups and downs
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 5, 2018
Extremely taxing work environment, both mentally and physically, very un-flexible work schedule. You work long and inconvenient hours, but hard work is rewarded, i.e. free lunches, trips, paid days off. The stores are closed on Sundays and you get a set day off. The company closes for holidays and you get paid for them.
Pros
Paid holidays, closed sundays, hour lunch breaks
Cons
Long, inconvenient work hours and extremely stressful workplace
Not the place to work if you have a family a family
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMay 27, 2018
I worked as a sales manager for a year and a half. I have no idea how I lasted that long. Ridiculous expectations without any recognition or fair compensation for your sacrfices. I decided to quit on the day a sales meeting was scheduled on the day of my daughter's surgery, and I was still expected at the sales meeting. I am a single mother so felt I had no choice. I attended the meeting, but realized that day I could not work for people who would pressure a single mother that way. I gave notice a few days later. If a certain percentage of customers has not paid their bill, you will be expected to stay at work an extra 2 or 3 hours. Customers are taken advantage of as well. This is not the place for anyone with a moral compass at all. It got harder and harder to "sale" single mothers on social security refrigerators for $3000 especially when Rent A Center only paid $800 for them and someone else had already rented it and paid $2500 into it. They not only take advantage of their customers, but their employees as well.
Pros
My manager let me take a two hour lunch in order to make my family dinner.
Cons
Long hours. Sales tactics are down right immoral.
I liked my coworkers
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 19, 2018
This job had a better environment than most. The customers were cool and so were my co-workers. But they hound you on making sales...sometimes people just don't want it
productive working towards helping customers the help and furniture they need and want
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 16, 2018
started my day with out going phone calls to customers with past due payments, then i made sales phone calls to new and existing customers. I also helped every customer that walked into the store. i enjoyed helping customers find exactly what they wanted.
great company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 10, 2018
highly recommend... just know there are a few bad locations but even though there are a few bad eggs for the most part the company is solid and holds a high level of integrity and really cares about the quality of life of the employees.
Pros
guarantee sundays off, no 2 days are ever the same, usually pretty good management
Cons
split days off, always 40+ hrs a week, usually later than the average business day
Too many hours
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2018
As a manager required to work 55 hours a week, which is fine as it was not salary. Hard to get off on Friday or Saturday but always closed on Sundays. Not great if you want to have a life during the day as you spend all day at work.
good place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAApril 30, 2018
Administrative medical assistants are responsible for a multitude of tasks that include communicating with patients, scheduling appointments, electronic medical coding, filing insurance claims, maintaining records, as well as accounting and billing.
Rent A Center is not a good company to work for
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, IL 62203April 11, 2018
There are so many negative things I can put out there in regards to the company, but I rather not. All i can say is as a sales manager, you are treated poorly.
N/a
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2018
Great place to work at if you like interacting with others. Love to help others in obtaining what they worked hard for. No credit checks, and same day delivery
FUn Team enviroment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed the environment and the drive to succeed as a team as well as an individual , Meeting goals daily and weekly. The overall management recognized effort .
benefits
Cons
working every holiday
Great ppl to work with
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TX 75901March 20, 2018
I would not recommend Rent A Center to anyone with a family. The hours are long very little time with family. But all in all I like the daily challenges and fast pace.
Benefits
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

31.1K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss