Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Found 510 reviews matching the search See all 3,693 reviews
Good place to work for overall. A lot of hours worked and this job isn't for everyone.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2018
Overall this is a very good company. This job isn't for everyone and you need tough skin. If you are skilled in sales and collections the job will be good for these type of people.
Pros
Good pay, Team atmosphere, Room for advancement
Cons
50+ hour work weeks
A day at work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 13, 2018
I would arrive at work at 8 and make the that we would have enough employees to cover the daily activity planner. Next I would make sure all the paper work was done the company can be hard to work for depending on management. The best part of the job would be that you develop a relationship for years.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Sometimes you have to cover for people
lost of hours 50+ but potential to move up and make good money
Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 12, 2018
if you don't mind working 50+ hours a week on salary and chasing numbers every day it can be a good place to make a career. I work 8am to 8pm every day I work. I had to let go one of my assistant managers so now I'm working 6 days a week with no extra pay. The money is pretty good especially if your in a store with a lot of customers you can make good money with bonues
Pros
pay is good
Cons
never home, you'll have to work 8am to 8pm every day if you want to get done what they want you to get done
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, ORAugust 10, 2018
Love the customers and my job. Just looking for a new job due to my store is closing. Always made sure everything was done that was needed for my district manager and the company in a timely manor.
Cons
Health care and hours
Worst job ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno,caAugust 7, 2018
I'm sorry I ever worked here. Most of the co workers were great. Management and above were cut throat and on your back sick or not. You were told your job was on the line daily and home life, that was a pipe dream.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Long hours, treated badly, jobs threatned constantly, no home life.
The best company ever to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
Love working for this coming and all the management team and the District manager is the best person to work for. I highly recommend anybody to come and work for this company.
Long hours and high demand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, ARJuly 26, 2018
10-12 hours per day, expectations are the same everywhere, does not matter if in a small market or large market. The expectations are to be as productive as a large market area. Late nights started becoming the normal.
Numbers driven company.
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLJuly 25, 2018
I have worked for RAC for over 7 years and I have seen a lot of great people come and go. The pay was great but what you did every week was extremely taxing on you do to long hours and management literally breathing down your back. (I know because I was made to do it as a manager) You do have a chance for advancement but you have to be a serious go getter and have the ability to move frequently. Not family friendly. Something for just out of college or someone who doesn't need at home time.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
Hours and stress
Long hours and no work/life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHJuly 23, 2018
As a store manager i am required to work 50+ hours a week . Must work every Saturday! Company expectations are unrealistic especially living in a small unpopulated town.
Pros
Good paying job
Cons
Work too many hours if you have a family at home
Rent A Center
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 21, 2018
This is a different world/culture, but a fun/fast paced work environment where forward momentum to further your career is available if sought out. Happy to work here.
not a good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Garfield, OHJuly 19, 2018
Not a good company to work for, Everyone at that time only care for themselves, never the well being of the company. Stores that would make profit would be destroyed by the jealous district managers and the other store managers who struggle to run there store. By poorly training new employees. They upper management in Rent-a Center is a very sad case. Most district mangers are underqualified and cannot maintain a profit for the stores. But usually they are best friends with the regional director and they get away with massive losses. Never seen anything like this before. This company likes to lose.
Pros
The pay
Loved my job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJuly 19, 2018
Loved my job, I was just in a poor growth area, I gave it my all regardless. Would do it again, I love a challenge. Just wish it would have been under better circumstances, other than trying to downsize the store and expecting more growth. A little more support would have done the job, instead of the negativity coming from my peer.
Pros
Reliable source of income
Cons
No support
Good company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 16, 2018
Rent A Center has help develop my skills in collection, sales and management skills. RAC has daily and weekly goals for collection and sales that is strictly in force. One difficult task is finding the right balance between collection and sales. RAC has great incentives for managers who grow their business. RAC has a fast pace working environment and demanding.
SOul sucker
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2018
I have no excuse for taking his job only regrets. if you are a people person this job will suck the life out of you. company is only interested in the bottomline not the customer.
store manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 14, 2018
the job was cool had a lot of fun. sales were to demanding for over priced stuff. the collection part was fun. you kind of felt like a bounty hunter. i had and awesome set of years there
productive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAJuly 10, 2018
This job is multi-tasking in diverse ways. It will train you in collections, sales, customer service skills,and collections. RAC have amazing benefits.
Self driven employement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2018
Sales and Collections are your main focus. Computerized training and development are useful and very helpful in all aspects of your life. Management in a performance based company tends to have a high turn over rate. Store culture is fun, productive and becomes like a family environment. The 100 degree heat is not fun, but our customers and co-workers make it worth it.
Pros
Benefits, Contest and Advancement
Cons
Heat
Great Company, Too many concerning issues.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 29, 2018
Rent A Center as a company is great however, changes must be made at the management level. A Store Manager should be able to make more decisions about the development of coworkers.
High pressure day to day operations
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJune 27, 2018
Good company to work for if your single and do not have a family. Required to work long hours. They have a severe lack in upper management. Consistent leadership change along with expectations.
Pros
Traing my coworkers
Cons
Long challening days
Rent A Center from an SM perspective
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 27, 2018
RAC is at this time unstable and there are no guarantees that employment will exist after six months. Pay is decent for SM but overtime was taken from good hourly coworkers and the good ones left the company. The expectations are realistic and tough to meet since RTO is such a risky business. And it is always “What have you done for me today?” Not thanks for the accomplishments. Then they sold the company and now everyone is worried about their job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

31.1K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight