Rent-A-Center Culture reviews

Found 585 reviews matching the search See all 4,134 reviews
rent a center
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 14, 2019
clock in at 8 am and look at customer accounts according to due dates and make sure that they either had a schedule to pay in the system or card on file
Pros
relating with different cultures
Cons
chasing down customers who didnt want to pay or return merchandise
Great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Shamokin Dam, PAApril 20, 2019
Employees are great so is the customers.love learning different things of the job and learning about our customers from within there homes.............
Fun workplace, fast pace
Assistant Manager of Sales (Current Employee) –  Casselberry, FLApril 15, 2019
Great place to work at. Wonderful staff. Company makes sure you are taken care of with great benefits. Definitely a good company to work for. Great opportunities
Pros
Great Pay, Great work environment
Cons
Work hours
bought out
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2019
The hours were horrible as a store manager. You have to work from 9am to 9pm or later for 6 days a week. The pay isn't enough to even get a car. Your spouse will have to work as well to make ends meet. The workplace culture was nice though as long as all your numbers are being met. Right after I saw the stock dropping I jumped ship and later discovered the company was bought out.
Great opportunity at the time
Tax Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 6, 2019
Steady hours on a regular basis. I learned how to register business with the proper licenses. Management was willing to mentor me to learn new skills. The hardest part of the job was working with outside auditors, or collaborating with people in a different state. The most enjoyable part was trying to problem solve to get a task done.
Pros
team spirit
Staff hired was great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 2, 2019
Over all my current experience working with Rent-A-Center is a decent one. This is mainly due to the staff that was chosen for my location. The workplace culture was great. I would say the hardest part of the job would be compensating for the company's cut backs. The most enjoyable part of the job was my staff , my team and our competitive environment when it came to store Sales and overall competition between or against the other locations in our region.
Pros
flexibility to hire and hand pick your own staff
Cons
not enough incentives given or rewards given to employees who are outstanding in sales & collections
Great people, easy going atmosphere, terrible hours
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOMarch 29, 2019
I couldn't handle working until 7 every night and never having 2 days off in a row, other than that it is a great place to work. You will draw new perspectives on what you think the job is and how you look at customers. Definitely a family atmosphere. If you do not need lots of time with family, then this is a great opportunity for a great career.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, fairly relaxed, decent pay, and good equipment
Cons
No time for family, never home for dinner
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 27, 2019
Overall good company. Good company culture. Kind of an old school good old boy network but it's not something you can't overcome. Flexible hours are allowed.
Fast paced and enjoyable work place. competitive and fun
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Many, LAMarch 23, 2019
Fast paced and fun
Sales goals
How to build rapport with customers
fun environment
competitive goals with coworkers made it fun
work life balance needs improvement.
Pros
competitive atmosphere
Cons
work life balance
Very stressful and competitive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 21, 2019
Very hard stressful and competitive. Company put you in danger or harms way. No advancement. Poor Management. Poor culture and environment. Poor work ethics. Long hours.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Long eork hours
Ok job but not a career
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2019
Your experience with the company will be based off where you work. But if you are in the right location with a great manager you will love it. You get to interact with different people. Everyday is something new and the freedom you have is great. The company benefits are great too
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Schedule split off days
Multi-tasking is very important and dealing with customers.
Customer Spec. II/Generalist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 15, 2019
Training at Rent-A-Center is very important because you are dealing with not only Customers but also employees in the field. Very importaant to mult-task. Very Stressful job.
Sales/Collections
Assistant I/O Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2019
This job is very intense. You have to be very strong willed, tactful and outgoing to do this job. Dealing with unruly customers makes you learn patience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYCMarch 8, 2019
A day at RAC starts with team meetings always. Everybody needs an understanding of where the store currently stands and our goal for the day. I've learned that if you have a strong team behind you, your goals can be accomplished but its up to you to build your teams moral. The hardest part of the job was getting the problematic customers to make on time payments. The part that I enjoyed was when the team pulled together and overcame the obstacles. We came up with ways to either meet the customers half way by going to pick up the payment from them or asking them to pay half or whatever it took for the store to close with the company expectations of us.
electronics
Electronic Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAFebruary 17, 2019
nice place to work.good environment. friendly co workers. I enjoyed coming to work everyday and feeling challenged and respected. I also enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Closed
It was fun
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North Versailles, PAFebruary 14, 2019
Not really mich to say. It was fun while there. You meet people who would like to buy product and you deliver ot to there place. Once thats dine you help them manage their account.
Workplace Culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Work hard, play hard. When it came time to reward their employees they went above and beyond always offering great incentives. Also offered great medical benefits.
Pros
great benefits, competitive pay
Cons
job security
Rent-A-Center Corporate Office
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Recently the workplace culture is just ok, and a little stressed. Tough place and overall environment to work in now. However if you are on the right team it is a great place!
Fun workplace with nice game room
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Fun workplace with nice game room. Work culture is ok depending on the season. For IT, there is no clear direction to where the management wants to take it.
Great place to build a career.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Radcliff, KYFebruary 5, 2019
Started as full-time account representative and achieved promotion to assistant manager within six months. Moved up to store manager in as little as five years with the company.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay scale
Cons
50+ hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight