Rent-A-Center Employee Review

View all Rent-A-Center reviews

Always interesting
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 8, 2019
When you work with a good team, the day seems to go smoothly and efficiently. Its very stressful at times dealing with different customers and trying to help them understand whatever issue they're dealing with.

Other Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews

Run as fast as you can
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 23, 2019
Dont do it terrible place to work district manager treats you like a kid bad place to work They will call you on your day off and demand you come in for some random inventory I will never go back here it's just one big scam charging customers almost double for what it worth
Pros
Cons
Everything wrong with this company
Getting money however they can to stay open
Credit Account Representative (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMay 22, 2019
All the company cares about is getting any money they can, even if it means misleading and lying to the customer.

We were told to skim through the rental agreement during signing. They even gave us a handy outline that we put all the numbers and pricing on, so we can then just point where to sign so the customer doesn't read that the LDW and Benefits Plus are both optional (both are 100% profit for RAC).

We were told to act as if Auto-pay was the only option to pay, unless asked otherwise. And, because the customer has to make an account, verify through email, and put their card information in, we were told to just say "Hand me your phone and debit card so I can set you up for auto-pay."
This was only after Mailinator . com temporarily shut down, before that they had us create their RAC accounts through that, so if they wanted to cancel auto-pay they had to ask us to do so.

These directives came from our District Manager and Regional Manger.
Pros
decent healthcare benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss