Rent-A-Center Employee Review

View all Rent-A-Center reviews

Very Productive. Yet the companys expectation contradicts the wages given to employees.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CT 06002January 23, 2019
I am a very hard and dedicated worker for rent a center I really sharpened my skills which I thank them for. I would usually walk in do my round of calls trying to get my payments in for my accounts before the day is due. We had to maintain a certain percentage for every end of the week as to my understanding yet we learned sales how to greet customers and fulfill them with there needs whether it was a cell phone or a refrigerator it was delivered I always tried my best to make every delivery a success. on slow days we organize the store I used to clean the store making space in the back room for more inventory or returns from customers. I drove the box truck and the rent a center van either making deliveries or picking up over due merchandise. I would say the hardest part of the job is bringing linebackers up to the third floor but as I said no job was impossible if done correctly. This job has taught me a lot about engaging with customers but on a more personal level actually remembering names and making sure each customer was highly satisfied.
Pros
Good working enviorment, Not strenuous at all, maintains the bills.
Cons
Short Breaks, Low wages, No vacation Given while working for over a year with this company.

Other Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews

Your career is expected to take precedence over family matters. Period.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 25, 2019
Upper management is fiercely competitive and puts most if not all the pressure on their individual top performers, forcing them to carry the load for underperforming stores within their respective district. Sales goals are overwhelmingly unrealistic and customers are repeatedly inundated with promo after promo. During sales events if you fail to hit the initial unrealistic goal, you're penalized by having an additional sale with yet again unrealistic sales goals shortly there after. Credit goals are the one controllable, however stores who fail to hit these numbers are not penalized and allowed to skate by because the top performers are expected to go above and beyond each week to make up for those stores failings. All in all pay is ok and enough to support a family, but be warned, pressure is incredibly high (may actually shorten your life) and management is slightly delusional in their goal setting. If you sold a product customers were truly interested in, you wouldn't need outrageous sales goals. If pricing was even remotely fairer the customers would be more loyal in the future.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pressure, goals, and more pressure.
Lack of a life
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 24, 2019
You work so many hours you have no time to do anything. On your day off all you want to do is sleep. Non sympathetic district manager. Has no empathy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hope you can handle the customer's cussing you out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rent-A-Center.

Powered by Comparably