Rent-A-Center Employee Review

View all Rent-A-Center reviews

Getting money however they can to stay open
Credit Account Representative (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMay 22, 2019
All the company cares about is getting any money they can, even if it means misleading and lying to the customer.

We were told to skim through the rental agreement during signing. They even gave us a handy outline that we put all the numbers and pricing on, so we can then just point where to sign so the customer doesn't read that the LDW and Benefits Plus are both optional (both are 100% profit for RAC).

We were told to act as if Auto-pay was the only option to pay, unless asked otherwise. And, because the customer has to make an account, verify through email, and put their card information in, we were told to just say "Hand me your phone and debit card so I can set you up for auto-pay."
This was only after Mailinator . com temporarily shut down, before that they had us create their RAC accounts through that, so if they wanted to cancel auto-pay they had to ask us to do so.

These directives came from our District Manager and Regional Manger.
Pros
decent healthcare benefits

Other Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews

Slave work for little pay
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJuly 13, 2019
This is one job I took on and it was not worth it. For this company to have 4 to 5 workers on the store for such high demand of things sucked. Nothing ever got done and was never done right. The company could care less about you personal life of it had nothing to do with RAC they hate when you call out and hate when you take your mandatory days off. You could call in dead and they still expect you to make your shift. It was a horrible experience
Worst job ever!
Delivery Driver/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAJuly 13, 2019
was told my pay would be one rate and started as another. I had to pay for my own uniforms . They were very misleading. Never has enough tools or the correct tools to perform the job and you had to fight to even use them, I started out with a partner and the job was still hard. After a month of being there, he left and told me everything negative about RAC and once they got someone else he was out the door and I found out quickly everything he said was true. They left me to do it all alone I even asked for help and got told no because they didn't want to get dirty. The MAIN problem is management . I had a couple of accidents while working their , one being a work comp case and was pretty much made fun of and got called names and then expected to jump up and start again when I was on restrictions. Customers are rude at times but you have to encounter a lot of filth and bugs and then you are responsible for taking it back and cleaning it to resale! They are not team players. you are WAY over worked and underpaid. not only would I not recommend them as an employer , I wouldn't be a customer if they gave me the merchandise because i seen where the stuff came from. STAY AWAY!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight