Rent-A-Center Employee Review

View all Rent-A-Center reviews

Horrible work environment!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FLMay 3, 2019
At this company you are a number, not a person. You could work there 20 years and they will turn around and stab you in the back so to speak at any given moment. Poor upper management, always in constant threat of your job, zero sick days for store managers, store managers are paid salaries and required to work 50+hrs without overtime pay, penalized for not getting a percentage of customers to pay on a daily basis like you can totally control when a customer pays a recurring bill lol. When help is hired, it's part time help but if you are not within the credit standards (people making their payments) you must stay late and get the number somehow even if you have to go out alone and repossess furniture, stereos, fridges and things like that without help. This place is a joke, they claim to be helping people also but with their new pricing structures in the last few years, they are actually nickle and diming low income customers to death and charging more than double of what the item is actually worth so be ready to try and explain to customers why the items are priced so high and be ready to be reprimanded when you don't get at least 5-7 sales a day. I could go on and on for ever about this workplace but I'm done. Thank God I left. I actually see my children awake now that I don't work there...
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes no lunch, 12hr days for management, no sick days for managers, constant job threatening, poor management, no work/life balance and so on...

Other Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews

It’s a very productive work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 14, 2019
There were good days and there were bad days but overall pretty good job love the active Ness and the motivationI also love to helping Customer is the best way I could
Fun easy going place to work
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILJune 14, 2019
The staff is enjoyable to work with and learn from. The busy season is slightly stressful but the coworkers make up for it. Management went out of the way to thank you for good work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss