Rent-A-Center Employee Review

View all Rent-A-Center reviews

Must be willing to deliver merchandise up stairs up to three flights.
Sales, Collections and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2018
Rent a Center is a great job if you don't have small children. The work is fast paced and company numbers have to be met. You have be aggressive in collections and sales and deal with hostile customers who do not want to return merchandise when unable to pay for it.
Pros
Great benifits, paid weekly.
Cons
Bad hours for a employee who has a family and family events will be missed on a regular basis.

Other Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews

No caring for their people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJuly 16, 2019
Love my Regional vey helpful and understanding,but my DM was/is very poor manner/ not understanding/ not Professional/ a coach. DM was a slave driver. Only thinking of her success. Never listening to her managers. She’s vey forgetful and not caring for her Store Managers success. She don’t try to know her Managers. No problem solving skills. She talk down to you/her SM. I was a New Store Manager that never got any support!!! My DM always hound me about numbers, but never listen to my concerns. I was a new manager with a new staff and my DM hardly came by to help out. Didn’t help in training me. She just threw me and my staff to the wolves. She was not uplifting, supportive, understanding nor had any interpersonal skills. I was driving an hour and 15 mins one way to work everyday. She had a very bitter and bad attitude!! Always cussing and very negative. Didn’t have any building skills. Didn’t know how to to teach for success.
Not a nice work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 16, 2019
Company needs to appreciate more their employees. No breaks! Work thru your lunch if u decide to stay in. Cant call out. If is an emergency, and you miss work they want to write you up.. only store managers do whatever they want. They have no respect for the employees when they talk to you.. very stressful work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rent-A-Center.

Powered by Comparably