Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews

Found 4,109 reviews matching the search See all 4,185 reviews
Fun place to work
Sales Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJune 5, 2019
Customers were excellent to be around, actually leaving store to do a run was rewarding, meeting new people everyday, fast paced, great manager, good pay
Pros
Money for lunch, fun place to work
Cons
Pay was good just not enough
No family
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 5, 2019
No life for your family schedule is off job is ok but becomes very overwhelming. The environment can be a good place to work but at times the pressure and lack of knowledge by the higher ups can cause a lot of discomfort
Pressure, downtalking
Credit Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 5, 2019
I've been with the company 4 years. I love the line of work your always busy however the pay is a little on the slim side you get a personal evaluation for a raise but they rate you on store performance not individual performance. They raises are like 30 cents at most unless you are promoted. As a credit manager who also helps on every delivery you'd think I'd make a decent amount but nope instead they find ways to pay less like cutting hours so little to no overtime the health insurance is expensive. The monthly bonuses are a joke. They will talk down on you for anything. For example had been hitting even exceeded goals they set and they still found things to come at me for. I once loved my job here I wanted to become store manager but now I feel as though its not worth it. I guess it depends on who your uppers are.
Pros
Steady workflow, active, contest
Cons
Pay, downtalking, poor management
Have an opened mind
Retail Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2019
You have to have a opened mind when you work there. You will be delivering or picking up furniture, appliance, electronics and so on. You will see some sad living conditions and bugs.
Would not recommend
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNJune 4, 2019
Worst place I've ever worked at, sexual harassment from management, and during the 4-5 months working there, we lost 4 other people trying to fill the management position. I was expected to play all roles in the store,and not get paid for any extra work,told by district to wear more makeup,and flirt with customers to get them to buy/rent things
Pros
Cons
Litterally everything about this job
good
SALES (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJune 3, 2019
always busy, very good place to work, long hours. did not like i was there almost all day and would get out late almost working 10hrs a day. you need to have good customer service to make sales.
Would recommend it for people without children who could move
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Olean nyJune 3, 2019
This job would be great for anybody just starting out but be aware that you are expendable. If you can find the right district manager like I had it's a breeze in the park but most district managers break your back for not enough money
Pros
Pays isnt bad
Cons
Long hours and you never know when you can go home
Stay away unless desperate
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSJune 3, 2019
Worked there for 2 years, worked hard and got a promotion, pay barely changed. They will suck the will to live from you and barely compensate you for any of it.
Pros
Flexable hours for the most part
Cons
1 day off at a time getting anything outside of work done is difficult
Long days
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 2, 2019
Calling customers on your route, scheduling deliveries and pick ups of merchandise for customers. Workplace culture was fairly positive but the long hours did cause some tension among the team. Having to potentially work really long hours and knowing that you might have to do it all over again was the worst part about being employed with them.
Relaxed atmosphere
Supervisor Acceptance Now Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2019
Recreational room is onsite along with a gym. Management allows you to run you department likes it is your own business. People are very friendly and helpful.
Not Enough Pay
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 31, 2019
The company offers no bonuses, only two sick days a year, and the job is too strenuous with not enough pay. Caught management doing drugs in the bathroom and wasn't fired. Big 8 months wasted.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 30, 2019
Loving place, very much over worked. Late hours and help. Not enough equipment . Management very frustrated not friendly environment. The place on occasion is short staffed
Pros
Busy
Cons
Overwork under paid
i grew a lot from the job
ASSIST LEAD SALE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSMay 30, 2019
work 47 to 50 hours a week
I learned a lot of management
the culture is wonderful
the job is not hard you will have some good and bad days
I enjoyed to fact that it is easy to grow in
Pros
pay
Cons
RAC is a great place to work
Accounts Payable Representative III (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 30, 2019
RAC is consistently working to make the employees comfortable in their working environment. From a Gym, Game Room, Library and Lunchroom. The campus is also nice to walk around outside and get fresh air throughout the work day.
Fun but hard to advance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 30, 2019
Perfect job if you are young and starting employment. There is room to grow in the company. A lot of long hours making deliveries when you 1st start out with the company, but eventually opportunities will arise if you are good at your job.
Pros
Meet new people everyday
Cons
Slow advancement
Ok Job
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 29, 2019
It was an ok job to have. They gave me an opportunity to make $15 an hour which is the most I've made in the civilian world but it is a dangerous job.
Friendly and productive
Furniture Mover (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 29, 2019
Work was typically like a workout and I love to work out so it was exciting to me. I learned to have patience with people and how to really interact with different ethnicity's. Management treated everyone with the up most respect I felt was possible. There was no hard parts of the job and I enjoyed every bit of it.
Do not work for rent a center
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 29, 2019
They could care less about their employees, and will work you until you drop. The upper management is basically not existant besides talking down to you, and putting you down. In store you are talked down to, and berated constantly if you don't just blindly follow directions. They claim to offer promotion opportunities and raises regularly, but no matter if you do your job correctly or not they find a reason not to follow through. They hold regular "contests" to boost sales and etc. but never follow through with the rewards. The only good thing I can say about Rent A Center is that the health insurance is surprisingly good.
Pros
Decent Insurance
Cons
Everything else
Competitive and fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAMay 28, 2019
The weekly pay was a definite incentive for working with Rent A Center. However, upper management sometimes abused their power by taking 4 hour long breaks to handle personal affairs and expected store staff to cover for them in the event a higher ranking official came asking questions of their whereabouts.However, they were equally quick to throw a fellow employee under the bus had the tables been turned. Not cool. Aside from that, nice place to work.
Don't do it
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 27, 2019
This company prides themselves on customer service, cheap prices, deliveries whenever and a whole bunch of unrealistic things that they overall do not do. Management was awful. Every one is always being fired and replaced and you constantly feel as if you are about to lose your job. I worked in sales where they have a minimum requirement of making 12 sales a week. Its impossible. Managers tend to hide items around the store and say they are being rented to meet sales quota. That leads to the whole staff being confused, an awfully messy store, and trouble for everyone except the Manager doing it. The whole company is backwards and awful. Management always makes you feel as if you are not doing your job well.
Pros
Salary, sundays off, coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, management, unorganized, constant pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rent-A-Center.

Powered by Comparably