Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews

Found 4,104 reviews matching the search See all 4,180 reviews
A fun, yet tiring place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYMay 24, 2019
Rent A Center is as the summary says, a fun, yet tiring place to work. What I mean by that is the environment, people, place and furniture assembly is all fun. Lifting and moving heavy furniture is the tiring part, but also fun. The only downside about working at Rent A Center is the hours, you're not given enough of them. Other than that Rent A Center is a great place to work.
Pros
Management, people, environment and a fun place to work.
Cons
Not enough hours/pay
A great organization to follow and build your career dreams.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin MoMay 24, 2019
As an experienced person in the workforce; RAC gave me new tools to utilize in my future development and secure higher level positions.
A fantastic opportunity for professionals looking for a career!
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Work/Life balance.
Booty hole company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVMay 23, 2019
Job is not difficult. You have to clean dirty appliances that you repo from trashy ppl, which will most likely have roaches. Furniture isnt too heavy. Low pay, no appreciation, bad management
Run as fast as you can
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 23, 2019
Dont do it terrible place to work district manager treats you like a kid bad place to work They will call you on your day off and demand you come in for some random inventory I will never go back here it's just one big scam charging customers almost double for what it worth
Pros
Cons
Everything wrong with this company
Getting money however they can to stay open
Credit Account Representative (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMay 22, 2019
All the company cares about is getting any money they can, even if it means misleading and lying to the customer.

We were told to skim through the rental agreement during signing. They even gave us a handy outline that we put all the numbers and pricing on, so we can then just point where to sign so the customer doesn't read that the LDW and Benefits Plus are both optional (both are 100% profit for RAC).

We were told to act as if Auto-pay was the only option to pay, unless asked otherwise. And, because the customer has to make an account, verify through email, and put their card information in, we were told to just say "Hand me your phone and debit card so I can set you up for auto-pay."
This was only after Mailinator . com temporarily shut down, before that they had us create their RAC accounts through that, so if they wanted to cancel auto-pay they had to ask us to do so.

These directives came from our District Manager and Regional Manger.
Pros
decent healthcare benefits
Assistant Manager (Sales (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 22, 2019
New management lack of professionalism no communication short staff always, favoritisms, no family time, no sick time, crazy goals or standards, stressfully
Unorganized and no respect for customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAMay 22, 2019
Working at rent a center wasn't thrills. It was a lot of long hours, trips, harrassment to customers. A lot a lot and a lot of harassing phone calls to customers and references. Sometimes you even have to load and unload trucks by yourself and deliver furniture by yourself while the other coworkers sit at the store talking. Once they get rid of some of the workers there and hire better people then that place will thrive better and stronger!
Pros
Good checks with overtime and discounts
Cons
Everything else. Coworkers unethical treatment. Harassing customers.
Stressful but fun
Account Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2019
Great place to work, met a lot of new people and learned a lot. very stressful at times. always trying to push sales and credit with minimal intensives for employees.
Awesome Place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 21, 2019
A good place to work, really fun and great pay a lot of fun events in the workplace easy work and much more things**************************************
Pros
Payed weekly, discount on products, great pay
Cons
good place to get experience
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 20, 2019
you get no time with family, no 2 days off together, but great place to get experience and promoted easily. The hours take up the entire day with only 2 separate days to get anything done.
Home atmosphere, very loving
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Weselyan BlvdMay 20, 2019
Wish I could go back there, miss my job there .
The customer we're so happy n actually getting use to me.
Now I'm stuck with no job no nothing.. n I have my beautiful princess to raise.. dang , oh how I wish..
Worst company to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 20, 2019
Work/home life balance is non existant. Managers tell you youre replaceable like candy dishes. Knocking on past due customers doors past normal store hours gets to be quite dangerous but do the managers care, of course not. Raises DO NOT EXIST. Its a dead end job. Apply only if your desperate, if not, theres better employers to work for.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
This is a difficult place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2019
Rent-A-Center is a difficult place to work if you have a family and especially if you have children. They give no time off for school events.........
Pros
Na
Cons
No time off unless pre-scheduled 30 days in advance
Great learning skills
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2019
Fun place to work meet a lot of interesting people it's an uphill battle to advance from employee to store manager some customers are not that honest but it still an okay place to learn more about the business world
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
You have to deal with a lot of liars
would of loved to continue my career here
Assistant Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 18, 2019
As this was a great job the management was not trained or to standards to handle a whole store of employees, never had a chance to advance , but worked extremely long open to close shifts along with managing other employees with out at title.
Pay is not worth what you go through daily
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYMay 17, 2019
Management treats you like a slave, the pay is total nonsense for the work you do. The mental thoughts daily of what you might be bringing home to your family after being in so many dirty homes is enough to drive you crazy.
This is a job for a desperate person looking for a short term gig. This job destroys your body! Customer Account Representatives are really the ones who get the worst jobs, pay, etc. If you can get into management your golden but stay off the road!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, abuse your body daily, must bewhere of bugs at all times, all in all a bad place to work
Stability summarizes this company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 16, 2019
Rent a center is a great place to work if you have no children. If you dont need a good work/life balance. If you can dedicate yourself and most woken moments to the company. If you like to spend time with your family and friends you may want to reconsider.
Pros
Employee discounts on merchandise. Stability, and job security. Decent benefits.
Cons
No work/life balance. No time for anything other than the job, long hours up to 6 days a week (only because we're closed sundays)
Going downhill fast.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 16, 2019
It used to be a great career but lots of changes at corporate has created madness and unrealistic expectations from the stores. It's only getting worse.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
RAC wants to be #1 in your life.
Development
Data Architect / Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 16, 2019
Daily Standup meeting, New Development, Production support. Team culture is really good. Encourage cross training and collaboration with different teams.
rent a center
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 14, 2019
clock in at 8 am and look at customer accounts according to due dates and make sure that they either had a schedule to pay in the system or card on file
Pros
relating with different cultures
Cons
chasing down customers who didnt want to pay or return merchandise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent-A-Center. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.2K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss