Rent A Center Employee Reviews

Opportunity is yours at Rent A Center
District Manager (Former Employee) –  INApril 5, 2018
I was at RAC for 16+ years. First hand, I saw this company go from a very difficult company to work for (in my early days) to one that has (imho) evolved into a far more coworker friendly environment. RAC offers everyone the ability to go as far as they desire. While most days were challenging (a good thing) they were very rewarding. RAC is truly a place you can build a career if you are dedicated.
Relaxed work environment, a lot of physical labor
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEApril 4, 2018
Relaxed work environment, a lot of physical labor. Using equipment to move furniture and appliances in and out of the store as well as customers houses.
N/a
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2018
Great place to work at if you like interacting with others. Love to help others in obtaining what they worked hard for. No credit checks, and same day delivery
Stressful due to poor financial position of company
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 4, 2018
mass lay offs 3 weeks ago... no budget for new projects... layoff of key resources that had the ONLY specific system knowledge to provide support.....
Ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 3, 2018
Overall the experience was ok. Good for a college student looking to make decent money. Your experience will be greatly determined by your store and your manager.
Pros
Can gain great skills for future jobs.
Cons
Quailty of customers, Cut Throat environment, Sales aspect
Ok Place
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 3, 2018
The place was good to work at the company is amazing, their values are good, the management at the store level could use some help. In my Experience the store manager I had cared only about her advancement and not her employees. I feel she will drag this store into the gutter fast!
ok
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
ok., wasnt too happy about alot of things, but not too sad either. Company is competing heavy because they dont want to get bough out. May happen, may not.
It was a job
Sales Manager/ ASM (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 2, 2018
Could have been better but it was a job and not a career. There should be a better check and balance policy for management that would help some stay on A straight path.
Interesting and Exciting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 2, 2018
Manage your customer's account. Learn communication skills, and sales. Relaxed work environment. Get the opportunity to leave the office for deliveries and pick-up orders.
Place to work
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2018
It was a good place to work as far as bringing a pay check, but the management is no good you have manager that does not know whats going on half the time in his own place that he needs to lead and then he has a lead tech that just is as bad at his job as the main manager, the lead tech is on his phone half the day answering his personal calls instead of helping and assisting the technicians, never wants to help on difficult task only want easy task and then theirs the issue of the lead tech stealing items from the service center.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Good pay but no life
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dleray beach FlApril 1, 2018
This company helped me realized my potential to be a great manager because it forced you to be because of the stress and the fast pace. You'll learn a lot because you will learn that the customer base does not tolerate mistakes and do not promise what you can not deliver. Very stressful and you have no work life balance not for a family man.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work life balance
Great Company
Director of Operations - EBRO International (Former Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FL 32435March 31, 2018
Great company to work for but I am looking for something new. I have been doing Rent to own for over 17 years and I am ready to take on new challenge.
Stepping stone in sales work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, TXMarch 31, 2018
Limited opportunities to grow and advance in this company and environment. Organization structure was lacking. However, the immediate manager was top notch.
Pros
Great Store Manager
Cons
Organization of company was lacking
I wouldn't do it:(
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 31, 2018
I loved my co-workers at Rent-A-Center; they were great people who carried themselves professionally although our work, at times was labor-intensive and frontline operations. My biggest gripe was that I was just settling into my position as a customer account representative when I was given an ultimatum; I would be required to collect on delinquent accounts in the field. I resigned with a heavy heart because I was good at my job; the one I was hired to do, and when I reached out to corporate they did not do anything about it, or the other issues that enveloped the store due to poor management. All of the people I worked with when I worked there are no longer employed with the company-even the bad manager; says a lot doesn't it?
Pros
Pay is decent and there are benefits available
Cons
Disjointed operational standards/practices; poor oversight.
n/a
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 31, 2018
It was a straight forward job, clock in, do your job, clock out. it was a little physical but it made time fly. I liked it, your not stuck in the office a majority of time which was nice, the team work was great, the pay was nice,
ok place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NYMarch 30, 2018
working with customers is always fun. you get to knoiw the customers well bc most of the customers are returning to get something new. deliveries were usually ok..
Family friendly environment
Credit Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 30, 2018
It was a great plcae to work, however as all jobs there were several causlaities. Such as manager and employee conflict. Outside personal issues during work hours
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule
Stressful
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2018
Never had any time with family because they would not allow anyone to take off on Saturdays. They were set days for each position. Quality life with family was none.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Challenging place to work if you are not an outgoing person.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 29, 2018
I worked for RAC for over ten years. I was a manager for eleven of those years. As a manager you are totally responsible for sales, collections, rent readiness and overall inventory management of your location. Having a staff will help with all of this as they do the sales and collections but if you don't you have to fill in those roles until you hire someone to do the job. You have to find time to recruit and hire. You also must find time to train and encourage your employees to do their best. This can become very difficult when you do not have a staff. There's a lot of paperwork and projections that you have to come up with. The company made some management (DM) mistakes along the way but it's overall, a very challenging and exciting place to work. You have to meet daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals. If you are coming out of high school or a recent grad looking for entrepreneurial experience this is a great place to work. You'll learn a lot and will be able to carry that experience later in life. Just don't stay as long as I did.
Pros
Benefits, salary and the people you meet in the store.
Cons
Time off and lack of staff.
Long hours no family life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 28, 2018
The company pays well upper management is terrible all the care about is there numbers no work life family life balance all or none for them work from 8am to 8 or 9pm and get fussed at if you leave early before 8pm. I was in the company for 8 years I never got a Saturday off to spend with my family and was always told if you want at your numbers you have to work you off day during the week. They are very number oriented and don't take any excuses
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours no lunch breaks for mangers no family life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent A Center. Our community is ready to answer.

31K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.