Rent One
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

Rent One Employee Reviews

United States164 reviews

storedeliveryaccountmanagercustomerlatebadlow

The experience was great and I learned a lot from them. They definitely will teach you all you need to know to be successful with the company.

If you can physically do the job go for it. But just know there is a lot of heavy lifting and you will be expected to pull your own weight and often someone else’s. The management has a high turnover rate for a reason. Manager’s are easily replaced.(per their words) Good luck!

Coworkers and customers are great! We always have a variety of tasks to do each day to keep us active in and out of the store. We could have deliveries or service an item at the customers home, or we could refurbish an item in the store.

Rent One insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

If you are strong in sales then yes

The goals keep going up , while our clients income keeps going down, I just don’t feel comfortable about selling stuff 4 times the cost to people that really can’t afford it I understand you have to make money, and it’s hard to make the sales goals every day when there are so many stores.

Pros

Closed on major holidays

Cons

Goals are unrealistic

What is the best part of working at the company?None bad management What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management

If there are other options please take them

Job interview, manager described work duties. I was a Certified Customer Service Representative, the job description verbally given doesn't match what I actually did. I was not informed I would be picking up refrigerators from customers home by myself. Stackable washers and dryers, sectional sofas, that had to be taken apart to get the item OUT of the customers doors.The workplace culture is about promoting to higher positions. Taking a lot of company classes and filling out workbooks for the higher promotion. Submitting applications within the company for the promotions. Useless. It will get you nowhere. Pay is horrible for what you do. You work in rain, wind, snow, ice, extreme heat. With the manufactured sense of urgency. You will work overtime if the store didn't generate enough sales for the day.Good entry level job for someone just starting in the work force. It will make you appreciate every other job you have!

I liked my job

But there was to much favoritism to certain things and im glad i will never go back the job had expectations that are to high for the type of company that it is and they carr less about you then they would getting a sale

Wonderful place!

Great benefits, great people. Best job I’ve had. Lots of space for improvement, someone is always willing to help, another store of higher up.! We are like a family!

This company is AWFUL!

You're nothing but a number to this company. I worked 65 plus hours a week on salary. No employees half of the time. Poor upper management. I would work six day a week. No one ever offered to help out. They complain about your numbers and consistently down grade you. There is NEVER any positive feedback. I had a death in the family and as I was getting the funeral arrangements all wrapped up my boss was asking when I was coming back. They don't care about their employees just about lining their pockets. If you're smart you will pass up an interview and save yourself.

Best management I’ve ever worked for

Took a job here on a lark. Been in retail for years. Took a minute to get used to the change of pace. Overall one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. And for sure the best management crew I’ve ever had. Sometimes the hours are long. But I get paid by the hour. All good. Not a bad word about this company. From top to bottom. Aces all the way

Pros

Employee discounts. Set work schedule

Terrible place to work.

Hours are trash Management is unprofessional and unhelpful. Your pretty much just thrown into the water and if you drown you drown. Pay was dog water. They take money from your check and “donate” it to charity. It’s not a donation if they are taking it to take it. No respect.

Staff makes you feel like a part of the team and we all work together. Very knowledgeable management willing to teach

I love the store I work for. We are all like a big family. If one of us is struggling another person will jump in and help you. So friendly and makes me feel like I fit in. I love the hands on training but management right there if you need them. I learn faster that way. Love the hours. We usually don't stay over. Management may, but I'm out on most days. They offer good benefits, perks, opportunity to advance up if you want. Many different certification you can obtain. Pay is most than most jobs even with no experience. It is tiring calling ppl and basically begging for payment but at the same time you feel good when you get those loyal customers who pay on time you help them achieve to ownership or paying off items early. It's really nice dealing with the great customers that even the difficult ones don't even matter.

Just a terrible place to work for

Get sales, keep credit low, go home. No room for growth, low pay. Not worth the stress and time. Management is a joke, it’s usually someone just smart enough to be told what to do, but not someone intelligent enough to have an original thought.

Decent pay

Haven’t been here long but The working hours are great especially for those who have children in school. No job is perfect but rent one is an okay company to work for.

A place to grow professionally with support and willingness to learn.

Overall good place to grow in all aspects and open to changes as needed to stay competitive. Everyone is important regardless of position, every moving part moves the machine to make progress

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Change with continued improvements

Company sucks

Worst company to work for. They do not care about all their workers. If you arent in a certain job of people you are over looked. Management care themsleves

Cons

Upper Management is trying to change, but store level management varies widely

I know quite a few really good store managers in the company that are terrific. On the other hand there a few that are just really terrible to work for. The pay at management level is terrific, however the entry level and advancement pay prior to management could use a revamp. In order to maintain a strong team you need to be competitive in payroll.

Pros

No Sunday work ever, paid holidays for hourly employees

Cons

Never have off a full weekend again until you hit store manager status65

Gotten Greedy

The company has become greedy and pushes unrealistic expectations out of salary management. You are praised then disposed of. Avoid them at all cost as there have been changes in management that would never allow true success to those with good work ethic or integrity. If you enjoy your job here it is only because the people you work with and I hope that your experience is better than mine was and that you get to keep the people who make it worth it for a long time.

Wouldn't recommend

Not a good place to work, pay isn't worth it. Training isn't sufficient. Mangers half do their job. It's draining and exhausting to be there. Too much gossiping.

Pros

1hr lunch

Cons

Having to stay late, rude customers, management wasn't what it shouod have been

Super stressful

Upper management is never satisfied with your performance. Managing credit is a nightmare as people won't pay or answer the phone or their doors. The company constantly nags at you to get payments and the customers just ignore you. You will never come out ahead.

Pros

Cons

Bad benefits, and low pay, upper management doesn't care about employees just making more money

Great Company and Great Products

I enjoy working here, my coworkers and management do care about how we succeed. As with any job communication is key, so far our region has a great plan in place for keeping in communication with other stores. Work environment is great and honestly this job is what you make it, anyone can succeed here if they have the drive and customer skill mind set to serve others.

Pros

Uniforms, Training Incentives, New Delivery Trucks

Cons

Can be busy at times

Best place to work!

This place is the only place to accept me as who i am. And they are the most laid back people ever. First job ive had that has pto and bto. And im happy i got this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent One. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Rent One with

• Rent One
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?