Rent One Employee Reviews

Good
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJune 12, 2019
Working at rent one was a nice balance in between daycare and home care. the pay was a little better than the previous job but sometimes regulations were questioned or put to the wayside in order to satisfy the customer.
Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOMay 30, 2019
Where to start? No real training at all, lazy managers, constant accusations, angry customers, pay sucks... The only thing this company cares about is constantly blowing up customers to get their numbers up. I literally have nothing good to say about this company besides that I met a couple of decent people working for them.
Ehhhh okay if you want to work momentarily
Driver Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 22, 2019
Management sucks and they don’t pay good for all the work you’re forced to endure. Really underpaid and manager doesn’t know what she’s doing. I’d recommend applying elsewhere like R.A.C.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Garbage
Great place.
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILApril 22, 2019
I loved this jon, I got to travel, see places I never would've. The jon was stressful but it was easy work. If it wasnt for the assistant manager at the time I'd still be there.
low paying job with no advancements
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXApril 8, 2019
This job started at minimum wage. After 4 years and a promotion to assistant manager it only paid $2 more. I worked in a store that was 300 miles away from another store and so there was little to no advancement opportunities.
Probably the worst job ever
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 7, 2019
I had been with the company for several months never missed a day and no matter the situation I was always at work. Regional manager refused to promote me due to his own attitude against me. I worked my butt off making sales making my customers happy and most off being a good team player. Truth is this company could care less if you have kids or issues going on they care about the money and you making sure it comes in the store.
Pros
Hour break
Cons
No overtime, bad pay, not family friendly company, rude customers, not good management, promotions don’t happen
account manager
furniture truck driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 14, 2019
I was an account manager and I was responsible for keeping accounts on good standings in my folder.. I also repo and deliver furniture as needed to customers
Pay sucks
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILFebruary 23, 2019
Pay sucks and they want almost half of your paycheck for health insurance nobody seems to know what was going on unless they asked everyone else and seen everyone talk bad about all the customers
Pros
Cons
Pay
Pay isn't great, but the job is good.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 5, 2019
Been working at Rent One for about a year as an Assistant Manager. Good atmosphere, and it feels great to help people get nice things they otherwise couldn't afford. Not all customers are great and some don't like to pay the bill but refer to themselves as 'the best customers'. I have a great manager and crew, and the job can be fun when you have the right coworkers. The main issues I have is that the pay could be better and depends on overall store performance. Also no incentives for Assistant Managers. Client Retention Specialists can get monthly awards and bonuses based on credit, but ASMs have to help with credit for nothing. Delivery Technicians have a yearly 'rodeo' where they can get up to 50 cents an hour permanent increase. Store Managers get yearly awards, bigger commissions, salary, and can even get selected for vacation trips. ASMs get to cover the store so managers can have their perks, work on credit so CRS can get bonuses, and go on deliveries so DTs can go on a company paid 'rodeo' and get a raise. Working at Rent One is great, but don't be an Assistant Manager, unless you enjoy being unappreciated by the company as a whole.
Pros
Hour Lunches, Employee Purchase Program
Cons
Low Pay
Great Teamwork and Benefits
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Lack of communication with management and career growth is slim. Laid off due to the available stores to manage. Job description was not clearly explained but the training was good.
Decent place. Their focus on employees are in the wrong direction
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILJanuary 29, 2019
This was a very interesting job, met alot of needy people. Most of which could barely make ends meet. These stores are good for people like this, but overpriced
all about the numbers
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparta, ILJanuary 21, 2019
they don't care for anything but their sales and collecting on the past due accounts, heaven help you if a family member becomes seriously ill and hospitalized they will make you choose between family and your check
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no sympathy for employees
Do not work at rentone
DT1 (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 21, 2019
The time spent at rent one in st joe mo sucked the manager was a blow hard and the store was over run with roachs and bed bugs. many of the customers that i delivered to more than likely got some form of infestation do to the poor cleaning methods used or the resale of product that rightly need to be thrown out
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
bad local management
Good job with good people
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 26, 2018
The job was stressful at times. Lots of long hours but overall good. The people are the best. Always willing to help you learn. Even if yoh don't work in the same store.
Fun pace to work
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with people and being able to travel to different locations. Sometimes they were fair and other times they were not when it came to picking who did or did not rent from them.
Job detail
Crs (Former Employee) –  Du Quoin, ILSeptember 4, 2018
I liked the challenge of my position and helping my other co workers, the poor management and lack of appreciation really hurts the employees on not feeling valued
n/a
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 23, 2018
it was a good place to work for.Some days where busy other days slow ,had to be able to talk with your team and work together to get some and most jobs done
Friendly work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wynne, ARAugust 21, 2018
Friendly work environment, with many great opportunities. The employees were very helpful. Teach great skills on how to be a great salesperson. Closing credit can be stressful at times.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Work every Saturday
Great owner
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Carthage, TXAugust 10, 2018
I enjoy working here. I want to better myself and use my education. I am willing to relocate. I am well educated in Biology from teaching for 15 years.
Pros
Great upper management
Cons
Low pay, little room for advancement
Great place to learn retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOAugust 1, 2018
Customers were great! Upper management only liked the stores that were million dollar stores. Otherwise you were just a store number. Hard to keep good employees. Smaller stores were only allowed to have one delivery driver which was very strenuous on them and not good for safety reasons.
Pros
Employee discounts, Sunday’s off
Cons
Owner of company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent One. Our community is ready to answer.