Rent the Runway Employee Reviews

If Fashion is your career path: apply! If not, do not waste your valuable time
Senior Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2019
Great overall experience, very much so still a startup. There's a clear dichotomy between how flagship and corporate employees are treated that's frankly unethical. Management needs far greater guidance. All of HR is literally handled by one associate. Tons of passive unprofessionalism. Customers are ridiculously privileged — do not apply if you are new to retail or if the fashion industry does not align with your career interests. Nonetheless, there was always a beautifully vivacious group of co-workers I will never forget.
Pros
Co-workers create a loving environment
Cons
Poor Management
Working at RTR
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 7, 2019
Great place to work , it can get a bit stressful at time but the environment is welcoming and if you love fashion its a great experience . The benefits are very fair also
Pros
fair pay and environment
Cons
you may feel limited here
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Associate (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 28, 2019
Demasiados jefes destras de ti todo el dia , como dando a entender que no estas haciendo tu trabajo
Don't do it
Store Experience (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2019
The absolute worst place to work. They treat their store employees like dirt. They servery underpay their staff that is constantly expected to jump through hoops. There are tons of empty promises for advancement so don't even bother or believe a word they say. Management has sociopathic tendies. Be prepared to constantly walk on egg shells.
Pros
free unlimited membership
Cons
everything
worst place to work
Store Experience \ Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2019
the store manager is horrible. she is a bully and would treat others poorly as if she was above and better than us all. the hours are all over the place so there is no consistent way to enjoy your life.
Pros
no pros
Cons
working there
Career Advancement Opportunities
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ 07094January 12, 2019
This was my first real job out of college and had the ability to grow to a management position in less than a year. There wasn't a consistent schedule but that something I preferred and you get used to it very quickly.
Clean restrooms
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 8, 2018
Productive work place fast pace with a free shuttle bus. The work is simple but the heat from the steam of the machines can be over whelming at times and it gets very dry in there.
Pros
They have a lunch room with tv
Cons
Very hot
Parking and over crowding
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 6, 2018
Parking is horrible they double park and you don't want to get blocked in. Very crowded and hiring more people with not space to park. Very hot no air but a fan which does not help.
Cons
short breaks short lunch
Hot and stressful
Staff Management Temp. Agency (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 15, 2018
On a typical day, it's hot and crowed. It is even worse if it is hot or too humid outside. You must always have water on you.

I learned how on a schedule and how to hang clothes the right way.

Management was good that first until the company started to change the work floor. A lot of station were removed, less working space, and more employees being hired when there is no room. Managers who were nice and helpful got rude and mean.

Very diverse with workers speaking mainly Spanish and some English.
Pros
working experience if you don't have any
Cons
short breaks, crowed area in both work and break time.
Receiving,shipping,Qa
Head trainer (Former Employee) –  Secaucus njOctober 15, 2018
I live this job the managers and coworkers were wonderful .they worked with ur schedule if anything was to happen.and gave everyone respect.we had ally of activities within the job to gain more pay also had field days for our family and chikdren
Pros
PAid lunches at times great pay
Cons
Enjoyed my work but not for me. Others wouldn't mind if they have the time and less bills
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 1, 2018
Was a loyal worker but didn't meet all of my requirements to succeed. Worked fairly with other employees decent hour not enough pay, and was there over my probation without no benefits low pay rate from everyone else. Works for some but not me willing to grow a company.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Same rate, no growth
Regular workday
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 30, 2018
going arround all areas to find anything to do to can stay ot.
Poor Management
Assist team members (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 22, 2018
A typical day at Rent the Runway consist of engaging with customers your entire shift. The business has high volume of calls and emails and can be intimidating. Management is unfair and unorganized. The culture is great apart from management.
Productive job
Customer Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 30, 2018
Working with nice peace just not enough hours. Hours are limited by orders and the jobs are temporary and not permanent. I’m looking for long term work.
fun working environment, room for growth
Senor sales associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2018
Learned lots of skills, was given responsibilities and was allowed to take coach the team on specific KPI’s. Great for growth, I was promoted twice while working there. Work-life balance can be difficult.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Work life balance
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 16, 2018
stressful place with mean people giving me just 15hrs per week dont recomend this place. they promise you one thing and they give you the opposite. sometimes i only work 3 days per week i dnt earn enough to pay rent and provide for my family especiakky for my wife that beed e oensive medication for her tumors
Pros
discount on cloths and after 1000 hrs you get the benefits
Cons
short break less hrs no ac or fan super hot inside and a lot of preferences
fun place to work, hard to get noticed
Customer Receiving / translator (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 6, 2018
The culture of this company is great and everyone I work with is amazing. The only issue is that RTR has so many employees that is hard to get noticed when you are doing an excellent job.
Great
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 23, 2018
Great work experience. This was the first time I worked quality control with clothes as the merchandise and management and co worker helped learn the tasks very quickly. The work is a lot but music helps to get through the day.
thankful
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 18, 2018
this job was great to begin with but the other employee that they haired are people who full of themselves like the manager and supervisor chooses who they like.
Productive fun fast paced work place
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 27, 2018
Make sure you are on time of course stay on your managers good side don’t listen to nobodies instructions but theirs and the ones who holds a position over them
Pros
There are a lot of events for the holidays that make that job fun
Cons
A lot of people who think they are managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent the Runway. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight