Rent the Runway

Rent the Runway Employee Reviews in Secaucus, NJ

The process was helpful
Timing and opportunity was important. The company gave me some experience. I learned a lot from the company and it's managers. I
Recommend them as a job reference.
They fired because they said they could not figure how to work my word card but somebody else told me they really fired me because in my past I worked for they rival company Wonolo.
Start up company that has a lot of potential for growth
Pros:

This is a start up company that offers a lot of potential for growth

Great company culture

Cons:

Technologically behind most companies. Still very dependent on faulty machines and systems.

There is no clear path way to grow. You have to figure it out on your own.

They do not offer flexi time.
Pick and putaways
At this company they dont care is you feel tired and exhausted. They just want you to work work work. In order for you to have a desen day you have to make sure you do their metric. If your metric is good for today and tomorrow is a little low they get on your case. Like you can not breath just work work.
This place is like Slavery
They will work you to the end that if they need you for that day. However they will not pay for your hours work you can try to contact them go to the site the will not pay you. When that happens you have to go to department of labor. I have proof of emails. You can contact me directly if you like.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Rent the runway
A great experience. Good interaction with the other employees.Good hours , flexibility. Sufficient break times . Pay comes regularly.Always a opportunity for more work.
Typical warehouse where you're considered a number
Aside from the typical unbearable heat in warehouse, no care from management and dead end complaints this company has been in a steep decline with company culture. Management and leads hired from outside are paid substantially more than people which have put years into the company. Their hire rate is very high from an onsite agency for operations which equals very quick inadequate training and low performance/quality of work.

They do have mediocre medical,dental and vision benefits but nothing amazing. Another perk is you can get a great discount on clothing and accessory rentals which is the company business. On-boarding is good but just be prepared for the endless Google docs and sheets. You'll literally have about 30 tabs open throughout the day.

There is a difference in treatment when it comes to departments such as CX or the company main office in NY but this is just something everyone knows about and no one says anything.

I'd say it is a good company to start up in and get something on your resume but don't plan on making a career here. Most employees already know this and leave within a year.
Not all it seems
The turnover rate is very high at RTR, meaning people quit within the first year. This company has a lot of work to do. They can we so much better than they are and don't seem to value their employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rent the Runway?
The work is physical in nature. One is expected to work at a fast pace. Even when there is an insufficient amount of available work, workers are expected to "look busy".
a typical work day
it was a great job with good hours transportation was a little slow but that's to be expected if you don't drive. there are wonderful trainers and you can learn a lot if focused and paying attention
Pros
the work was good fast paced
Cons
lunch was a little fast
Over worked and under paid
Working here you will feel that you are over worked and under paid! Do not waste your time applying. They are unorganized and lack communication skill
Don't Recommend this place
High turnover rate, lack of management, if you're looking for a company that you can grow with this is not the place for you. They make promises but never intend to keep them.
A joke
This place is a trip, honestly it’s great for people just starting out and getting their feet wet, but do not plan to stay, RTR is toxic with a high turnover rate. My overall experience there was not horrible, but if you love yourself and have a plan for your life, don’t make this place apart of your goal to go in and move up. They’ll keep you right where you are. It’s good to get the work experience & stack a lil money, but gtfo in about a year
Terrible
Rent the runway is a horrible place to work. It's filled with ratchet people. Management is inconsistent and rude. The treat people like work mules it's over crowded and the work conditions are horrible. Your hot bring there is no air conditioning your inhaling fumes all day.. there is not enough space for breaks due to limited seating.. so sometimes you don't get to rest your feet. And the quotas are set to high
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else!!!
Productive and fun work place
Usually a typical work day at Rent The Runway i come in early to make photo and door access badges for new employees. A large diversity of great people to work with and learn from.
Rent the Runway
It's very stressful working there, there is a lot of stuff you would be doing. The part I did was Quality Control, what I did there was look for ripes, see if they smell good, and if they dont send them back to a certain place to get cleaned
Please stay far far away
Where do I begin the place is beyond hot and they put you in places when it's not in your job description and their metric system is out of this world they basically want you to almost have a heat stroke to make a goal and everyone wanna be a manager but can't manage even having certain employees spying at other co-workers like that going to keep their job 11-12 an hour is not even worth it and too much favoritism
Pros
N/a
Cons
Terrible job, don't waste your time
Honestly, if you are looking to have a job with no career advancement and no raises please come to RTR! They will hire new employees at higher rates of pay, they will not promote you, and you'll get treated like garbage by not only management staff but the trash customer base as well. Don't work here if you have any inclination to be in fashion because that is so far from what you'll be doing at rent the runway it's not even funny.
Warehouse worker
Opportunity to learn more if you show you are willing and capable. interaction amongst different departments and shifts is the best way to get promoted.
Pros
Overtime during Peak Season
Cons
Transition from Temp to Regular
Just bad
They clearly didn’t want to keep me passed 90 days - because then I’d be entitled to some benefits god forbid. They completely made up a reason to fire me but the problem was clearly that they OVER hired a slew of people constantly and it made for an incredibly slow-paced work day. Often asking us to leave AN HOUR INTO SHIFT. They don’t care about their workers, the high turnover rate reflects that.
Good Work
Buen ambiente laboral, buena comunicación entre los empleados y los manjares y supervisores. Buen salario y excelentes beneficios para los empleados.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent the Runway. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
2.6
2.7
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.