Rent the Runway
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

Rent the Runway Employee Reviews in Secaucus, NJ

When I first stared at the company it was great and I felt like I was valued as an employee. Once upper management began to change, the office culture changed at well. It no longer felt like they cared about us but instead we were robots forced to meet numbers. if you're up for a raise or promotion it seems as if they find a way not to give it.
Pros
occasional free food. great business model, you meet nice people
Cons
management. can be hard for upward mobility
RTR is a gem in progress. It looks great on your resume and some of the people are wonderful. I do find that the main office with roles like PR etc are not very diverse.
Pros
The customers.
Cons
Too many managers
Working at Ren The Runway has been a rollercoaster! Things are changing a little too much and while I'm not opposed to change, the changes are always ill-timed and make the customer's experience difficult and it makes it difficult for employees to keep up. All of the upper management basically left the company during the pandemic and a lot has changed while we were furloughed for 4 months. They make it extremely difficult to receive a raise. Our shifts change every 4 months or so and so do our hours, it's confusing and makes it hard to plan your life outside of this job. I don't recommend this job to anyone. Working on leaving this company!
Pros
Hour lunch, Vto
Cons
growth within the company, shift changes
Worked there for two years and never received any higher compensation nor position. Management will punish you for low numbers and quality, but do not take into account that the volume is low. In 2019 with “good behavior” I did not receive no increase of position nor pay due to “the OPS glitches which resulted in over 3 million dollars in refunds.” In 2020 they “gave” us “optional furlough due to COVID” and would only pay us 20 hours or less a week. Once called back they changed the entire system and expected workers to receive 100% in order to keep their jobs. If the 100% was not met then they will put you on a program for 30-days with not one follow up to your progression. Then the cherry on top of the cake is to let you go for only one aspect out of a two aspect program. Then once asked how did they determine the factor of the letting go decision based off of one element and not the other, they stated “Oh! We didn’t even consider that portion of it, but yeah best of luck to you.” My personal belief is that they are getting rid of seasoned workers who demand higher pay to hire outside corporate candidates with salary along with customer service reps who do not know the difference between the culture they try to cover up and what is presented on a day-to-day basis. My advice is to go in and learn the aspect of customer service in the fashion realm and retrieve a few pointers. After that you will go nowhere for a year or more and only receive a hat or socks. Better to progress upward at another company.
Pros
Annual socks and sweatshirts
Cons
Pay, management, corporate, work culture
The job isn’t too hard just that I think the percent they want is too high for the about of work you get and have to do.the people at the job is so nice but it’s harder to move up unlike the temp agency Where you can move up quick
Pros
Medical insurance and work not hard
Cons
Short breaks and want you to speed too much
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
This box isn't big enough for all my complaints. MOST AWFUL job of my life and I've been working 19 years with many companies .... By far the worst. Management bad. Associates hired by integrity staffing solutions, even worse. Little, late, or no pay. No safety gear for spotters even when requested. Racism. Favoritism. Faulty computer system for entire building. Rude incompetent management
This job hires you for 40 hrs but you dont work full 40 which sucks. It's hot place to work and you go through garments. You get 2 breaks. You could listen to music while you work.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Cut hours
Lugar amplio pero muy pegado de las otras personas personas.
Pros
Tienes tu 6 hrs. Tomas 2 break
Cons
Si cometes de 3 a 6 erorres te despiden
Rent the runway is a great job to start, it teaches you warehouse management skills while working. It has a awesome open door policy and the team member's are always very encouraging.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They do not promote within.
Employees leave bosses not companies. Leadership is prejudice & unethical, out of touch with reality never visit the floor, make decisions without knowing all the information and target you if you try to provide full and factual information.
Pros
No pros - keep looking elsewhere
Cons
almost everything about the company
They will hire u just to fire u . They are not fair they treat people like they are in jail . Mangers are rude and liars if they don’t like u the definitely will get u out that building . Worst job I ever had in my life
Rent the runway is a good place to work for college students trying to make extra money doing Easy work. The compensation is decent and the membership/rental discounts are great. Business model for this company is genius as well. Only complaint is that there are young people in management who don’t know how to speak to staff in a respectful way and often egos impacted everyone’s work.
Not a company that I would see myself working at long term. This company has a high turnover rate. In my opinion the work environment is not very friendly management needs to be more involved.
They make you smell clothes with over powering chemicals that will ir could make you pass out. They make you stand for hours and you only get a 15 minute break then an 30 minute lunch break. they do provide food but you gotta pay for it.
The customer service reps were very under paid. Its a call center environment so the calls were usually back to back. We had to deal with annoying customers and escalations. It was not worth the headache for low pay.
The company is going through many changes that affect the staff; no development. Metrics come before people. Temp agency brings in terrible staff, affecting the everyday staff.
They have employees work like slaves it's very fast paced, the breaks goes by too fast, it's hot and there's a lot of miscommunication. My second day of working I fainted and was rushed to the hospital because I was standing too long. I don't think I'm going to be working there long.
Pros
Free shuttle bus
Cons
Standing too long for hours
They fired because they said they could not figure how to work my word card but somebody else told me they really fired me because in my past I worked for they rival company Wonolo.
Timing and opportunity was important. The company gave me some experience. I learned a lot from the company and it's managers. I Recommend them as a job reference.
Pros: This is a start up company that offers a lot of potential for growth Great company culture Cons: Technologically behind most companies. Still very dependent on faulty machines and systems. There is no clear path way to grow. You have to figure it out on your own. They do not offer flexi time.
At this company they dont care is you feel tired and exhausted. They just want you to work work work. In order for you to have a desen day you have to make sure you do their metric. If your metric is good for today and tomorrow is a little low they get on your case. Like you can not breath just work work.