Republic Airline Employee Reviews

stressful
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 19, 2018
Good job just didn't fit me. Long hours but a lot of time off. Pay not comparable to work required. My job was stressful. Though not all jobs with company are stressful. Not very thorough training.
Pros
flight benefits
Good place to start
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2018
Its a good place to start a career in aviation. the company tries to stay cutting edge on a positive work culture, however behind doors it is very cut throat. Management disappears overnight frequently. The departments do not communicate well. The benefits are perfect if you enjoy travel. The pay is not industry standard. But it is a good place to spend 2-3 years to get some experience under your belt.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Compensation
Republic values the in put by employees to increase work/life quality
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2018
As a progressive employer which is constantly trying to improve the work/life balance of it's employees. Many employees who have been part of flight crews for a number years can not only choose when they fly but also where they fly as well. This is a chance of a life time to enjoy work more and more every day. I value my time with the organization as it was a pleasure to be a part of the team.
Pros
Being able to work as much as you wish
Cons
Due to weather some times longer hours.
High School Mean Girls
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2018
If someone in management, or someone well liked by management, decides they don't like you, for any reason, you will be tormented and pushed out. The Union works for the company unless they see an opportunity for a major drama event. Flight Attendants are disposable because there are so many applicants. Pilots are the main priority.
Republic was a great place to work. Great management.
RESERVATION SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 2, 2018
Sales consisted of telephone sales, receiving calls from the general public Nationwide for booking airline reservations. Also, outside sales campaigns were conducted to travel agents once or twice a year.
Overall a really great place to work
First Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 2, 2018
I work as a First Officer and ultimately love Republic. I love the family-like atmosphere and the quality of life. You get exposure to all 3 of the mainline operations on some of the most reliable aircraft. Operating just one fleet type also means excellent schedules and great maintenance.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, travel benefits, and people
Cons
It’s still a regional..
Good Job
Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAOctober 25, 2018
Always a challenge, especially during bad weather on the airport ramps. You were constantly learning new ways to do the job. The hardest part of the job was working the 12 hour shifts especially the night shift.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
12 hour shifts at night
Productive and fun place to work
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2018
This is beautiful place to work. The travel is amazing, the crews are great! managment is great! and I love my customers. so basically working at Republic is great!
Pros
travel
Cons
n/a
they will lie to get you to work there
Flight Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2018
poor pay and benefits, CEO is a joke. wasted a year with them, union is worthless and only wants the money. there are much better options for pilots unless you have very low time
Pros
nice aircraft
Cons
poor pay and conditions
everything ok
Airframe and powerplant technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 11, 2018
I got along with the co-workers very well. the management was awesome with me with what I needed to in orientation. The environment was very smooth and ok.
Great place for growth.
Professional Airline Pilot (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 10, 2018
Overall, I would say Republic Airline is a great stepping stone for your career. Great employee group. Benefits are excellent. Pay is one of the best in the industry.
Pros
Career advancement
Pay and advancement
Parts Receiving Inspection/Records Auditor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2018
Cons: Salary cap is only $2.00 over starting wage for materials specialists. Seniority is different for each department depending on the managers choice. Lack of training for advancement within the company. Company's policy for cell phone usage is too vague. Too relaxed about cell phone usage while on the job.

Pros: Free standby flight benefits. Good health insurance. Perks like free T-shirts and Annual party for the company.
Travel and meeting new people daily
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Jersey, NewarkSeptember 17, 2018
I loved my position. I wasn't able to stay with them as long as I wanted. My mom got sick, so I had to come home. I loved this job and can't wait to get back to this field.
Pros
Travel, Meeting new people daily
Cons
Schedule
i wasnt there long enough to know much
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 26, 2018
I was only with the company for a shirt time as I was unable to make a living living out in new jersey and coming out of college with student loans and whatnot.
Not worth the drama
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
If you enjoy drama, back-stabbing, and hatred, then this is the company for you. This is not a stepping stone to main line, rather it could make you hate the entire industry.
Cons
Management, Union, Divas
Stepping Stone
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2018
Good company to get your feet wet in the industry.
Not a future career company.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the travel!

I liked working on the E175.
Ok
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Allegheny County, PAJuly 24, 2018
It was ok, unfortunately if you try and switch to a different career, aviation maintenance work doesn't do much to help you out in any other field.
Terrible Management
IT TECHNICAL LEAD (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
You are lead to believe that employee engagement is important, when it's not at all. Management is horrible and communication is non existing. If you bring up anything to a manager you're labeled as a complainer.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
Great place to start or retire.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 8, 2018
I worked in Pittsburgh with a great group of people. Would go back in a heartbeat. No place is perfect but it was a really relaxed and forgiving place to work. Pay is less then the majors but it’s a regional airline. Easy work.
Pros
Easy work, great coworkers, new base manager
Cons
Night shift/ work most holidays
Republic is a decent place to work
Maintenance Technology and Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2018
The only drawback is that their pay in some position is not that competitive. Otherwise a lot of nice, compentent, dedicated people work at Republic.....