Republic Airline Employee Reviews

Travel and meeting new people daily
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Jersey, NewarkSeptember 17, 2018
I loved my position. I wasn't able to stay with them as long as I wanted. My mom got sick, so I had to come home. I loved this job and can't wait to get back to this field.
Pros
Travel, Meeting new people daily
Cons
Schedule
i wasnt there long enough to know much
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 26, 2018
I was only with the company for a shirt time as I was unable to make a living living out in new jersey and coming out of college with student loans and whatnot.
Not worth the drama
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
If you enjoy drama, back-stabbing, and hatred, then this is the company for you. This is not a stepping stone to main line, rather it could make you hate the entire industry.
Cons
Management, Union, Divas
Stepping Stone
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2018
Good company to get your feet wet in the industry.
Not a future career company.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the travel!

I liked working on the E175.
Ok
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Allegheny County, PAJuly 24, 2018
It was ok, unfortunately if you try and switch to a different career, aviation maintenance work doesn't do much to help you out in any other field.
Terrible Management
IT TECHNICAL LEAD (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
You are lead to believe that employee engagement is important, when it's not at all. Management is horrible and communication is non existing. If you bring up anything to a manager you're labeled as a complainer.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
Great place to start or retire.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 8, 2018
I worked in Pittsburgh with a great group of people. Would go back in a heartbeat. No place is perfect but it was a really relaxed and forgiving place to work. Pay is less then the majors but it’s a regional airline. Easy work.
Pros
Easy work, great coworkers, new base manager
Cons
Night shift/ work most holidays
Republic is a decent place to work
Maintenance Technology and Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2018
The only drawback is that their pay in some position is not that competitive. Otherwise a lot of nice, compentent, dedicated people work at Republic.....
Ehhhh, it was ok.
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed Republic as a stepping stone to further my career. Not a company I want to work for for the long term. They did offer me the opportunity that I would have never thought would be presented to me.
Decent
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
Good intro to the aviation industry. Management is fine. A step in the right direction for aspiring professionals. High turnover, but decent job. Pay isn't industry standard.

Want to know more about Republic Airline?

Ask a question
Great experience!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2018
It was a great experience! Wouldn't trade it for anything! It turned out not to be for me but I am glad that I did it. Hardest part of job was leaving my home and town and driving to another city and traveling for a period of time.
Very much enjoyed the people I worked with.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
Crew Scheduling wasn't always on top of things.Typical work day was hurry up and wait. I learned much about being a flight attendant. Very good training. Some trainers were intimidating. The culture at Republic was mostly friendly The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and the team spirit of the PICs and first officers. Our officers were the best! I also enjoyed the travel and passengers. I made many friends whom I still keep in touch with. Great airport.
Pros
Travel, Passengers, flying often, always sunny at the office, co-workers.
Cons
Hurry and wait, mechanical issues
Not my most favorite job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 16, 2018
Currently a flight attendant. Company treats you as a number- nothing more. The pay is terrible. The company's mistakes and lack of being proactive about problems will eventually trickle down and affect you, so you're just expected to roll with the punches. No room to grow. Expect to be on duty for hours but only get paid for 1/4 of the hours you're on duty for.

The only pro to this job is the travel benefits you can use on your days off.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Pay and everything else
fun work environment
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
Overall good company, benefits, advancement opportunities and staff. Great flight attendants, pilots, first officers and base supervisors. Many nice over nights with great scenery and good food.
Pros
freee travel
Cons
low pay, hectic hours
Fast paced work environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
Very fast paced work environment that puts you in the presence of a variety of individuals. Customer service and conflict resolution skills are imperative. You must be able to work efficiently with little to no supervision.
Travel experiences
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2018
The job of a flight attendant is mostly customer service and safety. Also being able to work as a team with good crm as you are the image of the airline you are representing.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Commuting and being away from home
Great Airline. Exciting working for 3 different carriers, Delta, United & American
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2018
Regional airline that flew Delta, United & American. It was interesting to compare the different cabin services. Republic very well managed. As for the workplace culture you rarely saw the same person twice as a crew member. There was nothing hard about the job. The reason I am no longer there is because my Mother got cancer and I didn't have enough seniority to get to a base near her.
Pros
Travel, meeting new people
Cons
Winter weather conditions
Potential for growth
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 29, 2018
Most days were typical, most flights were uneventful, could be fast paced and rushed at times with no time for self or meals or rest. Good group of people, high turnover as most folk move on to bigger companies with better benefits and working conditions.
Pros
Looking for able bodies. Good place to start & explore
Cons
Not much room for grwoth or change
A fall from grace
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2018
When I started at Republic, it was a great company to work for. Unfortunately, the company went through bankruptcy and the culture shifted from a warm, welcoming, friendly company to the drama ridden mess that it is today.

I worked in the IT Department, which was poorly managed and NEVER promoted from within. I know people that have been in the Help Desk for YEARS and despite being incredibly talented and driven, get passed up for promotion for some random person off the street. If you can get in past the Help Desk level, things are pretty decent. Otherwise, stay away. Lest you find yourself working long hours, constantly on the phones, and lucky if you even get to take a lunch break. The Help Desk is a death sentence, and the new management doesn't care if you're fulfilled or not.
Republic Airlines
Materials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2018
Republic Airlines is a great entry level position job. There you will hand out parts to mechanics, handle hazmat, ship, receive, and other responsibilities along those lines. Management is friendly and understanding; it is hard to get in trouble if you take pride in your work.
Pros
Benefits, travel
Cons
lunch is automatically taken out, hours, compensation