Republic Airline Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
IT TECHNICAL LEAD (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
You are lead to believe that employee engagement is important, when it's not at all. Management is horrible and communication is non existing. If you bring up anything to a manager you're labeled as a complainer.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
Republic is a decent place to work
Maintenance Technology and Performance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2018
The only drawback is that their pay in some position is not that competitive. Otherwise a lot of nice, compentent, dedicated people work at Republic.....
Ehhhh, it was ok.
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed Republic as a stepping stone to further my career. Not a company I want to work for for the long term. They did offer me the opportunity that I would have never thought would be presented to me.
Decent
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
Good intro to the aviation industry. Management is fine. A step in the right direction for aspiring professionals. High turnover, but decent job. Pay isn't industry standard.
Great experience!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2018
It was a great experience! Wouldn't trade it for anything! It turned out not to be for me but I am glad that I did it. Hardest part of job was leaving my home and town and driving to another city and traveling for a period of time.
Very much enjoyed the people I worked with.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
Crew Scheduling wasn't always on top of things.Typical work day was hurry up and wait. I learned much about being a flight attendant. Very good training. Some trainers were intimidating. The culture at Republic was mostly friendly The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and the team spirit of the PICs and first officers. Our officers were the best! I also enjoyed the travel and passengers. I made many friends whom I still keep in touch with. Great airport.
Pros
Travel, Passengers, flying often, always sunny at the office, co-workers.
Cons
Hurry and wait, mechanical issues
Not my most favorite job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 16, 2018
Currently a flight attendant. Company treats you as a number- nothing more. The pay is terrible. The company's mistakes and lack of being proactive about problems will eventually trickle down and affect you, so you're just expected to roll with the punches. No room to grow. Expect to be on duty for hours but only get paid for 1/4 of the hours you're on duty for.

The only pro to this job is the travel benefits you can use on your days off.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Pay and everything else
fun work environment
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
Overall good company, benefits, advancement opportunities and staff. Great flight attendants, pilots, first officers and base supervisors. Many nice over nights with great scenery and good food.
Pros
freee travel
Cons
low pay, hectic hours
Fast paced work environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
Very fast paced work environment that puts you in the presence of a variety of individuals. Customer service and conflict resolution skills are imperative. You must be able to work efficiently with little to no supervision.
Travel experiences
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2018
The job of a flight attendant is mostly customer service and safety. Also being able to work as a team with good crm as you are the image of the airline you are representing.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Commuting and being away from home
Great Airline. Exciting working for 3 different carriers, Delta, United & American
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2018
Regional airline that flew Delta, United & American. It was interesting to compare the different cabin services. Republic very well managed. As for the workplace culture you rarely saw the same person twice as a crew member. There was nothing hard about the job. The reason I am no longer there is because my Mother got cancer and I didn't have enough seniority to get to a base near her.
Pros
Travel, meeting new people
Cons
Winter weather conditions
Potential for growth
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 29, 2018
Most days were typical, most flights were uneventful, could be fast paced and rushed at times with no time for self or meals or rest. Good group of people, high turnover as most folk move on to bigger companies with better benefits and working conditions.
Pros
Looking for able bodies. Good place to start & explore
Cons
Not much room for grwoth or change
A fall from grace
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2018
When I started at Republic, it was a great company to work for. Unfortunately, the company went through bankruptcy and the culture shifted from a warm, welcoming, friendly company to the drama ridden mess that it is today.

I worked in the IT Department, which was poorly managed and NEVER promoted from within. I know people that have been in the Help Desk for YEARS and despite being incredibly talented and driven, get passed up for promotion for some random person off the street. If you can get in past the Help Desk level, things are pretty decent. Otherwise, stay away. Lest you find yourself working long hours, constantly on the phones, and lucky if you even get to take a lunch break. The Help Desk is a death sentence, and the new management doesn't care if you're fulfilled or not.
Republic Airlines
Materials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2018
Republic Airlines is a great entry level position job. There you will hand out parts to mechanics, handle hazmat, ship, receive, and other responsibilities along those lines. Management is friendly and understanding; it is hard to get in trouble if you take pride in your work.
Pros
Benefits, travel
Cons
lunch is automatically taken out, hours, compensation
Not what you think
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2018
Had I known id be using credit cards between pay checks id never left my other job. The perks are great but the stress of money kills everything else. Never knowing if you might need to bring your own food for 2 days or 5 breaks the bank. Weight gain happens and buyin uniform pieces is stupid expensive. The charm is there inflight until you land and have a massive trek to thr hotel van with a tried crew. If your single, no debt, no pets, no partner, no kids, no obligations of any kind fine try it. If not stay away, its not what it seems.
Pros
Free flights, fun locations, some nice hotels
Cons
Flying standby, low priority, airport prices, no chance of holding a line in under 2 years
Great
Mechanic for Republic (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2018
At your own pace with or without help working environment a lot of experience and the road to get to daylight it goes by seniority and it is such a great place no one leaves
Great Airline
Materials Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2018
I liked working for Republic, it was a good run. They are always growing and show a lot of potential for the future. After slimming down and stream-lining to just the Embraer 170/175 aircraft, they have been making major moves.
Pros
401k, health care, flight benefits
Cons
Work holidays/weekends
Great for new mechanics
A&P technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2018
Fun place to work with decient hours and good pay especially if you are fresh out of school. Quality of work/life depends on location. Knowledgeable co-workers that are usually willing to help you learn
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Nights and weekends
Okay First flight attendant job
Flight Attendant - Full to Part Time (Former Employee) –  USAApril 14, 2018
Low pay
Will send you were ever they want you.
They will hire you in one city and send you to a city as far away as possible even if they have a base in your city.
First year you will qualify for food stamps.
Travel benefits are a joke your level is so low you cannot go anywhere.
Ghetto
Pros
Some flight benefits
Cons
Flight benefits are hard to use, very very low pay, rude coworkers from the ghetto
Republic Airlines
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2018
The pay was very low, self esteem is extremely low and upper mgt wont have your back. The union is horrible and the front line mgt have 0 say so back at headquarters. The only perk here was your flight benefits.