Republic Airways Employee Reviews

Dont work here
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 19, 2018
CEO terrible
Supervisors are terrible
Pay is not very competitve
High turn-over rate
Cut-throat enviornment
Needs a better union
needs a better work contract
Pros
travel enefit
Cons
negative workplace
Great working environment
LEAD INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYApril 18, 2018
Working for republic is not bad benefit is good great flying benefit. The company has a great guiding principles with a lot place on safty great bonus every 4months
Pros
Flying benefit
Cons
No advancement
Ok I guess
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
I have nothing to say about Republic It was a job it could have been better but with life you grow and you experience things and that what is was for me a experience
Cons
I did not like working there at all.
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2018
Any shops and tooling, and supplies were sitiuated so remotely, procuring any thing you needed took so long that getting anything done took everyone forever.
Apply to all other airlines before accepting Republic offer.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  EWRFebruary 8, 2018
Republic will demand that you portray professionalism anytime you’re in uniform, HOWEVER, they will talk to you like a child and pay you below industry averages. This is not a place that you can make a living without depending on a second income or a roommate to split the bills. The mgmt is paid like they’re mainline but they pay their flight attendants below regional averages. They’ll ask you to be the best and pay you like you’re the worst (other than Mesa). Republic exploits their flight attendants but if you’re extremely desperate to be a flight attendant then hop onboard. Do yourself a favor though and apply to all major carriers first , including the budget airlines. Republic should be your second to last stop before Mesa.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Compensation is 3rd worst in regionals.
Poorly Managed Company
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2018
Decent benefits and pay but poor management skills and employee training. Lack of consistent policies and constant changing rules and expectations...
New Experience
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Being a flight attendant is a huge change. Both your personal life and professional life all change. It is a life style change and everything else in your life revolves around your job. It is a great experience, if you work for the right company. You learn how to work without being under constant supervision, and the benefits are amazing.
Republic
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
I've enjoyed working at the airlines for years. I started in 1986 with TWA. I'm looking tho stay in the industry and be based at home in Austin. It has been a very pleasurable and rewarding job.
Pros
Working in public and meeting all kinds of people
Cons
The instability
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Overall Republic Airways is a good place to work. Some middle management issues when I left. Overall environment was relaxed, fellow employees typically willing to assist new and less experienced co-workers. Most immediate supervisors were knowledgeable and helpful, willing to assist employees as needed.
Good to poor productiveity.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2017
Extensive paperwork, often if it wasn't for rework we wouldn't have any work. Everyone knew it but it became a way of life.
Management was micromanaged by Indianapolis. Management only had a 9 to 11 month life span before being replaced. Management kept incompetent/lazy maintenance personnel. Head count was more important then quality personnel.
Workplace culture: Maintenance is a necessary evil.
The hardest part of the job was working with the previously stated items.
Pros
Working with some very good technicians.
Cons
Everyone was paid the same no matter what degree of quality work they produced.
You will learn the life of living on the road
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2017
There has been attempts to change the culture for the better but it's not been successful. Compensation is a driving force these days and even at my level of seniority I'm still struggling to afford to go to work and live a decent life at a regional level. Pilot group has been taken care but the other half of the crew has been left behind and it's a sad state to know the corporate office hasn't decided to take care of those that have been the face of their operational product.
Pros
option to fly on many airlines to commute to work
Cons
having to be on the bottom of most priority lists making it hard to get to work
Republic Airways
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2017
In terms of a regional airline, I think it is a great place to work. If you are a retiree, or have a flexible lifestyle with no concerns of financial compensation--then it is the perfect work environment. However, if you intend to choose this lifestyle as a long-term career choice, I would advise a mainline carrier. The salary is grossly insufficient and the hours can be absolutely brutal. Republic airlines can be a great place to work---it simply doesn't meet my needs.
Pros
Flight benefits, fun job, meet lots of interesting people
Cons
Low salary, long hours
Life Is What You Make It
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
This airline has definitely grown and is consistently making strides in the right direction for the benefit of everyone. In life you have yo take a chance to see what is in store.
Working with Republic Airways
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Working for Republic Airways is a true blessing. Especially after 3 years of service. From security checks of the aircraft to serving passengers, this job is a true blessing because of the atmosphere and the benefits. The only reason that I am looking for something to do part-time is because my father is sick and I need to be home a bit more often. I do intend to keep this job, just go back on hours as it isn't an issue.
Demanding and challenging place to work
Manager Materials (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2017
Good company to work for. Opportunity for growth within the company. Great Health and Travel Benefits.
Position held required a lot of travel. Balance of work and homelife difficult. Learned many aspect of company operations,parts stockroom, warranty and repair and purchasing. A great experience.
Pros
Reduced Travel
Cons
Compensation could be better
Great Regional to Work For!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  DCASeptember 5, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere. Great people to work with. Love the idea of being qualified to work for Delta, United and American. Love that every day is different. Love our new training center. Just plain love working here!
Pros
Travel Benefits on United, American and Delta, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Cons
Schedules change frequently. Some layorver Hotels are not that desirable
Worst experience ever
Flight Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2017
Although the benefits were very good, the day to day work environment was toxic. I was bullied and harassed constantly and when I went to HR for assistance the retaliation began. The hours were awful along with the foul language and ill mannered coworkers, it was not somewhere I could see spending the rest of my career.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Toxic work environment
Great Domestic Airline to Work For
Flight Operations Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2017
Upper-management and employees are very friendly and strive to perform their best on a daily basis. Despite many organizational shifts they maintained complete control of their situations.
Good Regional
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2017
Good regional to work for. Republic codeshares for three major carries to which you get flight benefits on all three for you and your dependents. You will not get that at the mainline level. Pay is lower than mainline new hires but a regional is more like a family. Overall, it's a great regional airline.
Pros
Flight benefits, Health Insurance, 401K, travel
Cons
Hard work and the salary is fairly low compared to the majors.
The office is sunny at 36,000 feet!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2017
Passenger Safety and Service are fun. I enjoy conversation with diverse individuals.
Sunset is almost always beautiful, and my favorite time of day.
It is difficult to work a 5 day trip, with every day starting at a different time, with as much as a 12 hour varient.
I enjoy babies on my flights. They calm down quickly with me.
Pros
benifits
Cons
pay and hours