REPUBLIC BANK AND TRUST Employee Reviews

Do not take this job
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 1, 2019
I worked at Republic Bank and Trust for less than 6 months, and it was by far the worst time of my life and the worst job I have ever held.
They train you well for your position once you start, but the managers are unwilling to provide leadership and are not able to understand the basic tasks that are assigned to a level 1 Call Center Representative (lowest level possible). I asked managers for help with call escalation several times during my employment and received this response: "Oh, its adorable you think I am actually going to help you".
Not only is the management horrendous, but you have to pay $7-$8 a day for parking and only a 1/3 of that is compensated by the company.
I was also told by one of the managers that I could not wear a certain dress, that had already been approved before this by the same manager, due to my male counterparts. Her exact words were "You distract the men in the department".
When I left Republic Bank and Trust, I had an exit interview. After my exit interview, 11 people quit or were fired in the following month because of the lack of leadership and nonsense that goes on in the work place.
I would not recommend this work place.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
You have to work at Republic Bank and Trust
Loved my customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 14, 2019
Republic Bank was a great place to work. I loved working there. I loved the people I worked with and my customers. I also became quite efficient at cash handling.
Pros
Poinsettias at Christmas
I loved it overall!
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 7, 2018
Would highly recommend as a starter job for someone who has no banking experience! Your able to move up in the company if you get in with the right people.
Pros
Nice, genuine people
Cons
Pay isn’t the greatest, people seem to fear upper management
New Loans Input Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2018
Republic bank was a very informative place to work. I worked in a job that was very detailed orientated. The management was understanding but had expectations.
Cons
Distance
Good job but not enough assistance to get the job done
Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 25, 2018
Review daily work load, check on all clients. Work on and process loans as needed. Talk to appraisers and underwriters in order to get loans approved. Close loans.
Great!
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 25, 2018
Republic Bank & Trust Company is a fantastic place to work. The company truly values their employees, and ensures there is a healthy work-life balance.
Coworkers are great but management is not.
staff (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 4, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism in this environment. Whatever management says goes, even if its unreasonable. There's also a culture of fear towards management.
Republic Bank
New Loans Input Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 9, 2018
A typical day was busy putting loans on the system. I learned how to process loans. The hardest part was making some mistakes when I first got there.
Credit
Assistant Vice President, Special Assets (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2018
Unfortunately due to the size of the bank, there is little room for advancement. Benefits are comparable to the larger banks. However, this bank is still old fashioned and struggles culturally wise to adapt to the new generation.
Pros
Free parking based on location
Cons
Stressful environment
Relaxed Work Environment
Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2017
Really relaxed, get your work done and everyone is happy. Mangers and supervisors are good. Willing to work with associates about schedules and procedures. Overall a good place to be.
Overall a good place to work.
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2017
Republic Bank and Trust Company is overall a good place to work, however there would some computer problems during the short ttime I worked there and this could be a problem.

Pros
Good pay and opportunity to learn about tax refund process
Cons
No benefit as this was temporary position
Internet Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere just parking is a hastle.if you like downtown then that the place to be.company reimburse certain percentage there is no more to tell by
Pros
Parking
Cons
Dress code not straining
the most enjoyable part of the job
Personal Banker /Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunities you could create an impact in the surrounding communities. Within my first two months I asked about setting up a booth at a local Pride Festival and the company took my passion to help and allowed up this opportunity. They help the community grow.
i learned so much during my years at Republic.
Vice President, Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2017
I was given many opportunities at Republic Bank and learned so much. When I started my employment there, they owned 2 locations, when I left they owned 44 locations (in 5 states). I was part of senior management and my opinion was valued and appreciated. Many of my suggestions were implemented. They hire quality associates. They encourage you to give back and to get involved in your community. This is a progressive, forward focused company.
Pros
locally owned and well managed
Fun and productive workplace
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2017
Felt like a family, everyone was nice and supportive and extremely helpful! Everyone pushed each other to better themselves and progress through the company. Really felt like i belong there
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Many opportunities
Payment and ARM Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2017
I feel that the growth within a department is limited but there are several internal openings. Possible to feel stagnant but the atmosphere is relaxed.
Productive work place
Contact Center Representative I (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202March 1, 2017
Clean work environment, professional management, friendly co-workers. Always finding ways to make the environment more friendly & less stressful.
Well-run, easy-going, laid back environment.
Intern, Warehouse Lending Department (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2016
Very community based organization, everyone is very friendly and helpful. Pretty stress free, as an intern, all my fellow employees strived to help me learn and feel like a useful part of the team.
Very stressful
Servicing and E­Folder Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2016
This job was very stressful and long hours required, Training was not the best. Most training was you did receive was confusing or passed on to late.
Pros
lunch
Cons
a lot
Great work envirnment, poor pay scale
Customer service representative/"Back-up Teller" (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40517August 4, 2016
The first year I worked for Republic Ban there was a pay freeze... I think this truly upset many employees, and for me with it being my first year I missed out on a critical pay raise that most every employee would expect to receive after 1 year of employment with a company. other than the pay it is a great company, there are sales goals for pretty much every position... even CSRs, but I had no problems wit that. At my branch we had a great group that all got along and we didn't have any crazy micro-managers or anything so that really helped. If it want for the poor pay I would have never left.
Pros
freedom, flexability, good management
Cons
healthcare benifits arent the best, very low pay for the job expected