Republic Bank of Chicago Employee Reviews

Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 5, 2018
Good people, multiple location in the downtown and suburban areas.. I would recommend employment for anyone that lives in the area but long commute is not too good in bad weather conditions
Good
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
The Republic Bank of Chicago is a Chicago area banking and financial services holding company headquartered in Oak Brook, IL.
the work experience is very good
Overall Friendly
Teller (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL 60523May 9, 2018
Each locations' traffic is different but our branch had a steady traffic. Sometimes slow and sometimes busy. Our team was amazing. I loved the people I worked with. Flexible and understanding with my school schedule and family emergencies.
Limited Prospects
Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 7, 2018
The bank is smaller and does not have a comprehensive lending group with support to provide a profitable career. The retail presence is weak and is managed by very weak talent
Small Company Limited Training
AML Officer/BSA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
Need better training documents and more staff
Needs better technology
Need updated computers and laptop
Convenient location
Great Holiday/Welcome Lunches
Great professional environment with good intensive learning opportunities
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJune 28, 2017
Great professional environment with good intensive learning opportunities. Republic bank provides its employees with attractive salary package and good benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Bank Closes at 7:15pm Mon to Fri
community banking
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2017
Community bank with several Chicago land locations. Flexible work hours, Monday through Saturday with an alternating day off. Friendly environment and long term customers
Poor management and advance oportunities
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, ILMarch 3, 2016
You can learn customer service skills, open accounts, closed accounts, deposits, withdrawal, etc.It is not a very busy bank; therefore you have a lot of down time to learn other things. Most of the customers are nice. The coworkers are great.
Pros
good health care and 401k
Cons
poor opportunities to advance in the company
Solid Bank - Low Tech
Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 21, 2015
Republic Bank is an outstanding financial institution with a very high capital rating and an excellent loan portfolio. They are extremely ultra conservative and lack a great deal of technical knowledge. They are paper intensive and tend to take a great deal of operational activity in establishing a relationship.

The people who work for the bank are for the most part pleasant. They work very hard but lack the skills to deepening bank relationships with customers because of the antiquated procedures set forth by their compliance department.

The branches that they have are ok but outdated and in some cases in desperate need of repair. The ascetics are the things that draw clients into the bank. These need to be addressed.
Pros
Excellent Bank, excellent management team
Cons
HMO is the only choice because PPO is too expensive.
Most rewarding employment experience of my career
Assistant Manager Loan Operations (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for Republic Bank of Chicago. I learned management skills and personnel skills hands-on. I use these skills daily in my personal life and professional life.
Management is horrible. No structure. Everybody tells you something different.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook IllinoisNovember 30, 2014
As a former Assistant Manager for one of the branches I know the company from top to bottom. I was with Republic Bank for 7+ years. There is absolutely no structure from upper management. Every day they tell you something different, or you get multiple different stories from various people. The pay is horrible and there are no incentives. There is room for minimal growth, but only due to high turnover rate. They are constantly hiring and firing upper management and they never stick to a plan. Their focus and goals are always on the move. They never finish a project goal once started. My experience wasn't pleasant and neither will yours. They need to get their act together. They might have good numbers but that doesn't justify working for them. Plus they tell you that your leads for loans and so on will get you a bonus check......that was and lie. They find ways not to pay you and the loan officers lie and say that the lead came from someone else who they and more buddy buddy with.
Pros
There weren't any.
Cons
Pay, vacation time, no incentives, no bonuses, no compensation.
Great work enviornment and great people to work with and for
Officer of Human Resources - Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJanuary 24, 2014
Maintan employee files
Collect payroll data
Address employee issues
Help people

I learned how enjoyable it was to assist people with issues and resolve those issues. It's nice to put a smile a person's face and make their day.

Co-workers were wonderful

There was no hard part to my job. I loved my job at Republic Bank

My boss was wonderful! We were a great team and everyone in the bank had recognized that.
Pros
My boss and all my co-workers
Cons
No cons
Excellent place to work
Vice President-Credit Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 6, 2013
I worked for Republic for just under 10 years having moved from VP commercial lender to VP credit administration manager and enjoyed each position.
Not a great place to work
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 2, 2012
My experience at Republic Bank was not a great one!!! I had a bad experience with coworkers and management.
Productive company
Teller (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2012
A typical day begins with opening my cash drawer and beginning any night drop transactions. Throughout the day, I would perform various teller tasks including handling requests from customers, preparing money for the vault and scanning the multiple teller batches through the branch capture.
benefits
Cons
long work days