Republic Finance Employee Reviews

typical day
Assistant Branch Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 29, 2018
You come in and you do a morning meeting which is just to go over daily goal. Then you call people who cashed a promotional offer from the company's headquarters and gather information on the customer. Then try to solicit them into doing an application to see if they want more money.
Pros
work life balance was decent
Cons
No overtime opporutnity and branch managers could not deal with stress very well
Great company to grow in
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 14, 2018
There is much room for advancement, but relocating is usually required for such a promotion. the only downside is that you are trained to mislead customers into taking money they dont need
May 24, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Republic Finance is a growing company that prides itself on its track record of promoting from within. We have programs specifically designed to train, develop and promote qualified individuals into branch management and even higher level positions in the company. Individual opportunities are affected by employee performance, geographic preference, and branch expansion, among other things.

Great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 6, 2018
Great company! First job right out of college. Great pay good work load balance. They work with you, and truly believe hiring within the company for advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good pay
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments! We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate.

Overall
Customer Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 16, 2018
Overall Republic Finance is a great place to work. The company is family oriented. My coworkers are great and easy to get along with. Management is office is ok.
Pros
Bonus, Office lunch, work life balance
Cons
some late nights
April 20, 2018

Unprofessional management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 20, 2018
I was a temporary employee at this company and was let go due to my "attendance" on the same day I let my manager know I had an appointment and would be late coming back from lunch. I had also texted this manager over the weekend and let him know of my appointment in advance. The managers choose favorites and allow them to get away with not doing their duties while others are scolded. The job is strictly sales calls and collections. I was with thos company for 6 months and I wasn't taught anything nor was I allowed to do simple tasks such as process payments.
I was always told they were trying to find room in the budget to make me a fulltime employee amd yet it never happened
Pros
Benefits for permanent employees
Cons
Managent, nature of job
March 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Any concerns regarding upper management should be reported to executive management in the corporate office or to human resources. Several methods are provided to employees to report any suspected inappropriate behavior or activities for investigation and resolution, or to report any need for improvement. Collection calls are a requirement for all positions in the branch offices and are a normal part of the lending business. Republic Finance complies with all applicable laws regulating how collection activities are conducted. We encourage you to reach out to our HR department to express any further concerns or additional feedback to hr@republicfinance.com.

Management is awful
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 19, 2018
The hours and time off was great. There is a big time lack of management here. Everything was based off of he say, she say. You will definitely be micromanage. They do not train effect and efficiently.
Pros
Free coffee, long lunch break, nice work atmosohere
Cons
Management was awful, lack of job training, no job security
March 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Any concerns regarding upper management should be reported to executive management in the corporate office or to human resources. Several methods are provided to employees to report any suspected inappropriate behavior or activities for investigation and resolution, or to report any need for improvement. We encourage you to reach out to our HR department to express any further concerns or additional feedback to hr@republicfinance.com.

Assistant Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38119February 4, 2018
Job entails collection calls and sales calls. If you are not calling to collect you are calling to solicit. Upper Management does not care about customers like they say they do, they just want their employees to shove insurance products with the loans onto the customers.
Changing Culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 2, 2018
Management differs region to region, however I did not have a good experience in my branch. There is a lot of favoritism in republic finance and that will effect if you move up in the company.

The company does offer bonuses of up to $750 which we rarely met - but we did some months and it was nice to receive extra bit of money.
Discrimintory management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCJanuary 31, 2018
If you were not a male, there was a very slim chance of moving up.
Male dominated. Management rarely acknowledged successes by females int he office. males moved up in half the time it took females to. Men were paid more.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
management
Not bad, not good.
Consumer Lender/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 29, 2018
Not a bad place to work, but more of a stepping stone not a full career. A lot of calling and collecting, but still a good place to get a career start and experience. Not the best pay.

Want to know more about Republic Finance?

Ask a question
Good job but must travel to advance over $35k
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAJanuary 17, 2018
It is a male driven environment and hard to get over $38k unless you are willing to move. if you aren't willing to move they will demote you. There are monthly bonuses for hitting monthly goals.
Pros
great co-worker experience
Cons
male driven
April 6, 2018

Good
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gardendale, ALJanuary 15, 2018
Nice place to work. Nice co-worker and great team work. Great customer and a great place for those who are not able to get approve for regular loan when need.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Productive and fast-paced workplace
LOAN OFFICER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day at work would be making collection calls, processing loans, and taking payments. I learned the loan process, how to read and analyze credit reports, and what to base loan decisions on. The direct branch manager was a pleasure to work for. The culture was very fast-paced and had a team-like environment. The hardest part of the job was the occasional filling in at other branches far away from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was the the diverse clientele.
Pros
Bonuses and opportunities to innovate
Cons
High corporate pressure

Good benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJanuary 7, 2018
A company with opportunity of advancement if you are willing to relocate. If you get in a good branch you can make very good money. The work is personal lending, so it isn't for everyone. You are either selling loans or collecting payments.

Good job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 2, 2018
good job long as you can handle stress, management are pretty enjoyable, offices can be understaffed at times, must be good in sales and collecting past due accounts.

cut throat
Proficiently assist (Former Employee) –  gtownDecember 26, 2017
Lookes down on frowned upon for trying to better my job cridentials manager was cut throat employees there were out for blood worried about someone getting ahease
Fast Paced Goal Oriented
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Zachary, LANovember 6, 2017
Overall good company to work for. There is a break in upper management. Branch managers don't have authority to make decisions but have all of the responsibility for them. Upper management and corporate are more concerned with results than the people who strive daily to accomplish them.
Republic Finance
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2017
I've been working for Republic for 5 years. I love my job and everything about it. Republic Finance is a great place to work and I would recommend it to every one

No career advancement
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  GAOctober 21, 2017
As a long term employee with this company, I must say they do not value their employees. The manager's and upper management get great bonuses and a good salary, csr, assistant managers, etc get the short end of the stick, small bonuses and small raises,if you get one at all. This company does not have competitive wages, they expect you to make things happen that's within your control then you get a negative review and no pay increase because you cant make people get a loan or qualify for a loan. I have worked for this company for over 5 years, my advise would be look elsewhere before coming to Republic Finance.
Pros
1 hour lunches, good benefits
Cons
pay, poor management, lack of training
Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNOctober 2, 2017
The District Manager is the reason I did not enjoy the position. Very rude behavior to people. One of the worst experience because of him. The other people were fine to work with also.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Finance. Our community is ready to answer.