Republic National Distributing Company Employee Reviews

Good company. Needs better management
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 15, 2018
Good company and good home time with only 4 day work weeks. Routing is horrible and management is mind boggling with how they dont care about drivers. They say drivers are a dime a dozen. No one is cared about. They have had so many drivers leave this past summer and they dont care at all. You think they would wonder why? Nope they simply dont care
Pros
4 day work weeks, good pay, good people to work with
Cons
Drivers arent cared for, good deeds are never recognized
It's a good place to work.
Customer Service/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MIOctober 11, 2018
The employees are nice and friendly. Good team work atmosphere and opportunity to move around in the company. It is very busy during November through New Years and you are not allowed to take vacation during that time period.
Decent workplace
Driver Helper, UPS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2018
Fun workplace great because you get to travel the city and meet new people everyday. The job is kindy hard considering the pay for a helper is minimum wage.
Sales organization determined to burn out the entire workforce
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
There is never enough support whether it be positions that were open being infilled or help and information needed from management. everything falls on the reps shoulders and they are expected to go to the ends of the earth to make their numbers which changed daily and are never clear. There is a very poor motivational vibe from everyone in management no matter how good you do it’s always about what you didn’t. Real problem is that management does not invest in their employees and their professional growth they they are only concerned with continuing padding their own pockets and getting everything you can out of you or nothing in return.
Pros
Free wine
Cons
No reimbursement, no work-life balance, lack of leadership
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 27, 2018
It was a fast paced fun place to work. We would pick orders for the following day. Management was very good open door policy. The hardest part of this job was not having product in sometimes atleast that was my opion. I really enjoyed everything about this job.
Republic was a nice place to start my career
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 20, 2018
This is a really good company but has caps on the amount of money you can make. For instance, if I grew my territory too much they would just cut the commission rate the next year.
If you enjoy a none personal lifestyle and underhanded staff,management and self centered attitudes than RNDC is the place for you.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 13, 2018
Self indulge with the people that hold your job in their hands.
Obey every word or task that is given whether legit or not.
Do not question company policy or ethics.
Do not be a self thinker.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Non friendly environment, drive personal vehicle and a lot online tests
Had Fun!
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 11, 2018
Everyone was OK. We got a long. New friends, partners, aka pretty cool place to work. That's only if you are willing to take the pressure it required!
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
When you choose not to, if allowed!
Productive well oganized company to work for. Staff was very helpful to promote learing.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSSeptember 7, 2018
Republic National Distributing Company was very caring and I learned a lot from the Broker Level of work ethic.
A typical day at work was calling on 8 accounts per day; Four On Premise accounts and Four off Premise accounts Package Retail accounts.
Pros
Great educational trips to Californina and other wine arteries in the US.
Cons
Insuranse was lack luster.
Very productive and a great place to work
Stocker,. Receiving,. Inventory control (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MISeptember 6, 2018
Alot of training on safety,. Work ethics, forklift operator and safety,. Filling orders for customers,. Loading trucks unloading trucks. Putting liquor and wine away in a accurate and timely manner. I have done every job there except merge operator. I changed positions often to better myself as well as as an asset to the company.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Rndc
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDSeptember 6, 2018
20 yrs of service as a Sales Rep...
Enjoyed working for company
industry has changed immensely over last 10 yrs
supplier driven whereas before more wholesaler driven
Pros
Ability to work on my own, build strong relationship with retailers
Cons
lack of transparency
Fun place to work with lots of changes
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2018
Lots of changes resulting in a new structure with need for direction. Still a lot of uncertainty in the air and as the dust is settling, it's becoming obvious there will be little room for advancement anytime soon.
Descent Company
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Was Merchandiser for 4 years then promoted to sales, very stressful doing sales, not a great experience but company is overall good. Very competitive and fast paced environment.
Pros
Benefits, schedule
Cons
Very competitive environment
Sales is tough but worth every minute!
Wine Sales Representative - Mountain Region (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2018
Your day to day operations in sales can vary based on the needs of the customers.

I've learned that you can always do more! Hard work and determination payoff.

Management for RNDC is always here to support their sales force all you have to do is ask. This is a great environment to work in. It is not for the faint of heart. Sales is a tough job. You must have thick skin and be self motivated. Being competitive is a plus.

The hardest part of my job is having a balance with work and family life. Saying no and setting boundaries for quality personal time are often difficult but this is based on personality not something that RNDC pushes you towards.

The best part of the job is the relationships you make with your customers! Helping them cultivate an exceptional wine list or setting a retail store up for success is exciting and rewarding!
Pros
No cap for income! Work hard and you are rewarded
Cons
No holidays off! Compromise family time.
Nice job to build with unlimited growth multiple positions
Forklift Operator/ Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Would definitely recommend this job a lot of opportunity for growth and great benefits. Had a great time working there very team oriented and always something going for family and customers
merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 30, 2018
go to store to store 13 on my route and throw orders bout 300 cases a day. 8am- 3pm maybe longer depending the time of month. my first month i work 10 hour days
Decent job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 29, 2018
Lots of travel, the money is good. Management is sometimes not as available as they could be. Good chance for promotion. Holidays aren't fun. Job can be physical, but hard work is noticed. Perfect job for someone who loves sales.
Pros
$, learn about wine
Cons
time off, lack of support
Working for RNDC
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
If you are willing to trade your life for good compensation this is the place for you. One thing is, you get a nice paycheck on a regular basis, but you do need to work 14 plus hour days sometimes. It is truly a lifestyle, not a job. If you are single and don't have a family it will be perfect for you. If you have a family or any type of social life, you will have to make many hard choices.

Management is a boys club, it is poor, not a lot of clear direction being done, either you are micromanaged or not managed at all leaving the sales team to be very confused.
Pros
Good pay, free alcohol sometimes
Cons
No work-life balance, no equal opportunities
Working for RDNC has been a joy and I value the company
QC (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 25, 2018
I come in to work at 6:15pm sharp. I immediately start working. I learned team building exercises. My management team is a pleasure to work with as they come on the floor to seek our opinions on issues. I enjoy interacting with my coworkers.
Productive and awesome environment .
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 24, 2018
Republic National Distributing Company is a Productive and awesome environment. Great place to work. Its more than a company. It’s more like a family. Everyone strives to go up and beyond.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic National Distributing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight