Republic National Distributing Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAAugust 11, 2018
You’ll have to work hard, but pay is good. Take the time to assess where you want to be, and align yourself with that space. The company rewards people who give the job 110%.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Wear and tear on your car
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 7, 2018
Great benefits, tons of fun, loved my coworkers, fun professionals who want everyone to succeed. Must be self motivated and incredibly organized. Opportunity for a lot of incentives, traveling, and money!!
productive and time consuming job
Retail Sales Associate -Wine Portfolio (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 31, 2018
Great benefits and atmosphere work place. Very generous to charities and non-profit organizations. Management staffs across the board need some serious work. Do not trust your manager, and do not listen to your manager. They lead you astray. Managers in company help you to ease their workload. They will not help associates in daily work. As long as team overall production is good, there is no problem. If team production is struggling or lagging; the management team distances themselves from team.
Non given
General Warehouse Manager, Columbia (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 31, 2018
None given at this time. I will give detailed information on this position at a later time. Position was flexible, however, hours ranged from early morning o late evening to night,.
Best Management and Company I've Worked for
CDL Class A Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 25, 2018
Honestly if I hadn't had to relocate for my wife's job, I would still be working for this company. Hands Down, the best management, best work environment, best pay and benefits I've received from any job, the actual president of the company would come down to speak with all of the non corporate employees to not only let them know that they were valued and important but would ask how things were going in your personal life. Hands Down the best company I have ever worked for, I would gladly work for them again.
Pros
Management, Work Life balance, compensation, Involvement
Cons
Some of the Mountain routes were rough, but they were at least compensated as such.
Good company, good place that promotes within
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  DallasJuly 18, 2018
The alcohol business is a great one to work for with excellent job security. They really promote from within the company often which gives employers more reason to stay for long haul.
Busy place with no time for family for Night Shift
Night shift (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 18, 2018
Work life balance for night shift has some to be desired. The Company was good to work for in the beginning but it has become more of a displeasure to work here and be locked on one shift with no room to advance.
Pros
Pay is good, but sub par for Colorado
Cons
Communication from upper management is lacking
Fast paced and very stressful
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
Managers are. horrible. No training at all whatsoever.. All they care about is getting the product onto the trucks and cleaning up. They preach teamwork but doesn't show it. Your supposed to leave when all the work is complete but they let ppl do anyway and when its already plus 10 hrs they only have 2 pickers in the warehouse finishing when the others left hrs ago. Favoritism as well towards others as well. Had an accident with glass and they really didn't care nor asked if needed medical attention. Also I do believe they break labor laws by not giving a third break when 12+ hrs.
Pros
Decent pay with the ot. Automatic 40 hrs
Cons
Short breaks, managers sucks
The culture of company has changed and not employee friendly
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2018
Culture has changed and merger can impact more jobs. A typical day is full of conference calls and meetings. Growth of the company has increased year after year.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
clear vision
Kiss your family goodbye
Associate (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 11, 2018
On any given night you never know what time you will be getting off. The conveyor system is breaks down frequently. Lots of good intentions but what it comes down to is nobody cares about you as long as the cases get out the door.
Call center and very upbeat
Customer service/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at work was me keeping to myself and getting my work done
I learned a lot by the management. They taught me how to do customer service jobs (ordering liquor and submitting to the warehouse), and also how to work in the front as a receptionist.
Management was horrible and allows workplace bullying.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with bullies and trying to keep to myself.
Good people to work with
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2018
Kept the work day engaging. Made the work fun and enjoyable throughout the day, even on long days. Would suggest the my position to a friend looking for a similar job.
good place to work
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 8, 2018
I am only thinking of leaving due to necessary relocation. They do a really good job of promoting from within and help to foster a strong mentor-mentee environment.
Stressful workplace, very physically challenging
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 6, 2018
RNDC was a great experience. The type of work that I was doing was very physically challenging and demanding. Creativity and artistry was an absolute must have. I would only recommend this position to someone who likes to be outdoors, is physically fit and strong, and who is very creative.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Physically challenging, mentally exhausting
A lot of hours for hourly
NIGHT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
-Long hours
-Favoritism from management
-Very hot during the summers, very cold during the winters
-Break downs all the time
-No support from upper management
-Very physical
-A ton of turnover within all portions of the company
Pros
Zero
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, poor pay for being very physical
Warehouse environment and associates are awful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2018
Avoid working in this warehouse, the environment is hot, dirty with rats, possums and all kinds of critters. The Associates are just rude, no one wants to train anyone, and no one likes the job. They are even rude and abrasive towards their own Supervisors and Managers. No one really cleans after themselves either, leaving equipment and work areas disgusting.

The Supervisor and managers are even worse, they expect you to know everything when you walk in the door with little to no training or direction. No one is friendly and the hours are horrific, with mandatory overtime, expect to work 12-15 a Day/Night.
Pros
Overtme if you like it
Cons
Hot, very hard work, long hours, rude people
good place to wrrk
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 24, 2018
Nice place to work, plenty of overtime during the busy season. Management was fair. Very busy work day. Nice perks they show their appreciation to employee. Learned a lot about the distribution business.
Work Places
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2018
republic is a good company just asked for too much an payed to little but always was in a good working environment never had any problems got the job done .
Pros
If your truck was there on time . Good day
Cons
If your truck was late . Bad day
Mediocre place to work
Route Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJune 21, 2018
Management is superb but the long hard working hours suck. Working there with the crazy long hours caused me to have anxiety. I felt like my life evolved around that company. Not much time remained for my personal life and when I would be off from work, I would be too exhausted to do anything other that just rest and that really caused me to depression.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Long working hours
ok company
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 19, 2018
It's a OK company for a C.D.L Class B Driver home every night off 3 days a week work 4 days week and if like 15 to 25 or more store a day its a OK company to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic National Distributing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight