Republic Services
55Below average

Republic Services Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA16 reviews
Hard work . Alot of customers to service in a day. Need to complete your route. work in all weather conditions . Lots of times the trucks will breakdown putting you behind. So if you don’t complete your route you have to finish it the next day along with that same days work.
Pros
Decent benefits & Pay
Cons
You work VERY hard for that pay & benefits
Is the only company’s who Pay trainning’S and certificates for the employees, they have tools allows, good insurance, family’s leave 3 day’s and many other’s benefits
Expects the most out of people. Likes to hire people they feel can't get any better job just to overwork and underpay them. Benefits are way too expensive for the area we live in and the pay we get.
Pros
People
Cons
Company Culture
I like working at Republic Services. I think I got lucky with a really good manager at that time. A lot of room for overtime if you wanted it. Fast paced environment.
Great local team, but corporate seems distant from regional office.
Mostly hear about corporate when it is time for raises or they are rolling out a new vision for plan.
Pros
free lunch, great local team
Cons
little to no growth
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Management doesn't care about their employees unless u could threaten their job security. they got big bonuses because we over-exceeded expectations with our product output and broke company records but they dont give us bonuses because we were hourly. if they want to hire a different employee they will find any reason to get you written up including but not limited to breaking labor laws and then coerce u into signing an incriminating document so can't fight it. DO NOT WORK HERE
In recent years they have adopted wonderful new policies.
"we will take it from here." This should allow the company to focus in on new horizons within the industry thus making them more competitive with others in the waste industry
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
The worst place I've ever worked. They are unwilling to work with you , regardless of your home situation. They let management bully you, and HR doesn't work with you for anything.
Pros
You got paid
Cons
The pay was horrible, especially for the environment you had to deal with.
I really like working here but the shifts could be better organized for men and women with families. The hours I work are from 4:30 pm to 3:30 am typically with overtime to include Saturdays. It is tough to work this shift and contribute at home when supporting the company 6 days a week.
Pros
Great People, room for advancement
Cons
The night shift is long and not well thought out for those with families
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Republic Services?
Typical day was doing inside sales and account management. Was a busy day. Explaining contract terms and negotiating new contracts. Making upset customers happy again with doing business with us.
Pros
Learned many new things
Cons
The work was stressful and customers expect entirely too much of trash. The field employees work all year round from 4 am to sometimes late at night. Unless you are in the office, the schedule is too crazy to work here. The co-workers are okay but the environment is pretty disgusting. Management changes very frequently.
Cons
stress and hours
alot of work, swapping parts, all about the money, trucks fixed first learning and training not first priority
Good company. Lots of potential to do whatever you'd like to do.
Republic Services claims that people are their 2nd highest priority and that they are committed to investing in them to ensure their success. This is a façade, which is confirmed with the quantity of turnover they have and continue to experience. Read the multitude of reviews that echo this within and they will confirm Republic’s lack of sincerity. How many Fortune 500 companies terminate their employees (many with extensive tenure) for no reason at a moment’s notice (I encourage confirmation as it is abundant from the bottom to the top). The immoral, unethical and irresponsible behaviors are abundant throughout, which can be seen even at the local Republic level, where a GM hired his son-in-law as a supervisor within his own regime. Good luck to you if you dare to express your concerns and present constructive criticism (don’t drink his or his cronies Kool-Aid), as you will be fired. Republic’s lack of professionalism and inability to overcome the complications of the merger with Allied (which occurred 5 years ago) are evident, as they are continuing to struggle with even the most simple applications. If you desire to go to work every day with anxiety, depression, apprehension, fretfulness and hopelessness associated with whether your job is secure, I would highly recommend that you work for Republic Services. Hopefully, the board of directors will recognize that this tactless, hot headed, uneducated CEO is running this company into the ground before it is too late. Lastly, how many CEO’s of 8 billion dollar companies are mandated to undergo anger management classes - more...
Pros
Looking for alternative employment
Cons
Too many, so refer to comments within review
This division has been failing for a number of years. Management changed twice in my short time their. Anyone that had an opportunity to leave in sales took it...