Republic Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,802 reviews matching the search See all 1,807 reviews
Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Call Center environment is terrible
Customer Resource Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 13, 2018
Managers don't know what they are doing and nothing is running smoothly at the new Call Centers. Even though other operations are not functioning properly, the customer resource reps are expected to function at a very high level with unrealistic productivity demands. The pressure is from productivity, compliance, adherence, error rate, attendance and it is relentless.
The supervisors are never available to assist the newer employees with questions about how to do their jobs and the rudeness is worse than ever.
No surprise the turnover is unreal with people quitting before they even finish the classroom training; or they quit the first week on the phones.
Unfortunately nothing on the horizon will make this a good place to work any time soon.
If you are looking for a job, keep looking.
Pros
new professional office setting
Cons
demands on job performance that are not realistic to meet
Frantic work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2018
Turnover was a problem with this organization. In the last 4 years they have cycled through 4 direct supervisors, 3 sales managers, and
2 vice presidents. There is always a change of direction in how to accomplish goals making it difficult to know which direction to proceed.
Pros
Lot of opportunity
Cons
Staff turn over
Stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte ncAugust 13, 2018
Would not recommend this position. Too stressful and all about numbers not customer service. Management never there when needed. Too much harassment with no ability to assist customers
Pros
Cons
Stress
Republic services
Growth Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 13, 2018
Fun industry, company use to be great till they tried to become too corporate, too much paperwork, high turnover, micromanaging, horrible management, commission structure isn’t up to par with the guidelines, switched over the last few years, now they’re screwing the long tenure reps.
Pros
Work at your own schedule
Cons
Management, commission
They are slave drivers
Transfer driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2018
This company called REPUBLIC SERVICES will use you then through you away like the garbage they collect . They are all about how too make a buck off it's employees.
Pros
Don't treat people well
Cons
Treat people like cattle
clicks among staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 11, 2018
this place is all about cliques, it's as though it is a high school and it is everyone for themselves there. The management are split into two cliques, and one group is great, while the other just simply do not care about their staff.
Pros
no pros
Cons
management does not care about the stress there and how it affects the staff
Not very good place to work they do not respect anyone
A diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fair mount wvAugust 11, 2018
The management lied .and the gm was as bad as they were they lie to the customer and to the city u need to stay away from fairmont wv and wheeling wv they are going to get cot up in there lies sooner or later and wastmanagement is going to get that city some one dose.the customers deserve there trash to be pick up and not cheated out of there money
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
The only good thing is the pay
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 11, 2018
This company can't keep it's word on anything. They pay well but it's only because the work is awful and unstructured. The dress code changes all the time and they don't have it posted anywhere so you can be in violation suddenly and not even know. They do not care about employees and it seems like they do not use common sense when making new policies. They hire a large amount of people expecting some to quit of be fired and provide the bare minimum for training. They change the way things are done and don't tell anyone until the morning of in an email but then don't allow you any time off the phones to review the changes. The call center is only a few years old but they still can't figure out how to properly motivate or train their staff. There are just so many things wrong with working here. The only reason to do it is for the pay and having weekends off. I am constantly feeling like I am going to get fired, even though I always exceed every single goal. I leave work and look for another job almost every day. Don't work here.
Pros
Pay, schedule
Cons
Consistency, management, atmosphere, everything besides the 2 pros
Success Driven....
Government Account Executive (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2018
Goal oriented environment with a pleasant work atmosphere. Knowledgeable team of professionals centered around providing quality services. Provides the necessary tools to foster success.
Fun team oriented workplace from management all the way down.
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Pierson, MIAugust 8, 2018
Team players and family oriented from ceo's to part time help. Very friendly atmosphere. Good pay, great benefit options. Most employees have been there for at least10+ years. You end up loving your job because of the team atmosphere and support that you get.
Pros
Everyone is very much a team player
Poor management
Commercial Front load Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 8, 2018
Lack of experience in this business is the rule for management personnel now and very little understanding of what the jobs here are required to do to accomplish and service customers. This is hard to complete your job when the person or people who are your managers not only don't know what is required to do your job but have no experience or very little in this industry.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Micro management
Favoritism
Truck Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
Too much favoritism in this place. Not what you know but who you know. Met amazing people working 6 years here. However, at the same time, I met a lot of people I wish I didn't. I am only leaving because night shift for me is making me miss out on a lot of important moments in my personal life. And the possibility of going to day shift seems like a long time.
Pros
Union paying job
Cons
Too many chiefs not enough indians.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work. Fair management. Opportunities to be promoted from within. Lots of opportunities if you're willing to relocate. If you do not buy into the Republic way it is not for you.
Pros
Positive environment
RS recently relocated to a new building, it's very cool...
Customer Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2018
The dress code is causal, management is ok, the colleagues are pretty cool (but then again I'm from NYC, so I'm cool and easily make friends). The work culture is cool, management is there to assist you when you need help. RS is a pretty cool and professional place to work. The paid is super decent for the South. Go Get It!!
Pros
The environment is professional
Cons
HR should be more neutral.
Horrible
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  110 NE Walnut BLVD, Corvallis Orn97330August 7, 2018
By far the worse work experience I have ever had. Management was horrible. One manager in charge of 4 business divisions and turnover was unbelievable. Very unhappy people and always looking for people because of it.
If no accidents for the week we would get a cookout.
Driver/ Relief / welder (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2018
Republic Services is a good place to work at. The Union there gave the workers great benefits and made sure everyone was happy as so did the management at Republic Services.
Large Call Center with plenty of promotion opportunities
Customer Resource Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 3, 2018
The call center is undergoing a major call center change process, which is critical for managerial success and the professional development of for frontline employees. while there are challenges with any large call center, the forecast is bright for this Customer Resource Center
Pros
Schedule, work environment
Cons
Too many changes, heavy attrition
Poor poor poor
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 3, 2018
My HIPPA rights were violated, ADA was violated, there was clear favoritism and discrimination. I worked and was early every day. I also did 5 times the work as anyone on my team and there was no kind of compensation or recognition. No raise. I applied for 6 different promotional positions and did not get one Someone lower than me applied for one that was above my pay grade and got it immediately. They only promote if you kiss their butt and don't stand up for yourself. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
favortism and poor management
Its a good job...but the pay isnt good .but being that you get paid every week than maybe its possaible to maintain
Sorter and forklift operater (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 2, 2018
Always be on point..Republic services do decimate against ex convicts ...they will use you and also will pay you the lowest amount of money to work as a forklift driver...i was being paid $9.36 for operations of a forklift.
Productive Place
Accounts Payable Clerk/Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
Managing and opening the site that I work. The hardest part was if something occurred I couldn't call anyone because of my hours.
I have learned a lot about the waste field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Republic Services.

Powered by Comparably