Republic Services Employee Reviews

Found 2,068 reviews matching the search See all 2,073 reviews
Excellent job
Parts Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, WAFebruary 15, 2019
Good atmosphere busy at times . Room for opportunities and advancement. Must be able to work with vendors and be patient in the process for corporate to approve.
Pros
Training
Cons
Too many general managers
Not a good place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Williamson County, ILFebruary 15, 2019
Run.you will never make it anywhere hear and they do not show or have any respect for you pay is poor and raises where I work are like a slap in the face for doing you job right.
Not a fair place to work very disrespectful.
Front load driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 14, 2019
They tell you one thing and do another. No one is paid the same or treated the same. Based on how well you kiss the mangers butt.I would tell anyone going their good luck.
Pros
home every night
Cons
management
Very respectable work area
Leadpoint Republic recycling services (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2019
family-friendly good employees employer good team good hours working place nice and neat flexibility on hours shift if needed ov good benifent nice 401
POOR management / NO work-life balance
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Delmar, MDFebruary 14, 2019
This place is a joke to work for. SO many chiefs and not enough indians. When employees are left to work GOD awful hours while managemtn is home mid day is DISTURBING!
Stressful environment
Gate Attendant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 13, 2019
Management shows favoritism, company standards are high for some and they over look others . No advancement opportunity . Awful pay if your not a man
Pros
Cons
Alot
Learned a lot pertaining to finance and accounting
Assistant Division Controller (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAFebruary 13, 2019
I think i could've had an outstanding career at Republic services. However, the lack of direction halted my growth. I had and still have the tenacity and will to achieve success.
Pros
Office close to home
Cons
Lack of Direction
fasted paced work place
(Sanitation Officer) (Plant Operator) (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OH 43952February 12, 2019
quick paced job picking up trash on specified routes through out Ohio West Virgina. its a good place to work if you can handle driving all night and picking up heavy bags of trash.
Pros
cards from coustomer
Cons
short break
Would definitely not recommend Columbia sc
Diesel mechanic/ Tech A (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 12, 2019
Huge diversity within the Columbia location, rules and policies are made up and used to managements advantage when they feel the need to intimidate! Lack of respect from management! You give your all and they constantly want more! Serious turnover rate with employees in my time of being there, I have seen 14 mechanics and supervisors/managers in maintenance come and go during my time there( 6 years), If your single and don’t mind dirty work and long hours while working weekends in holidays then this would be a perfect fit for you! If none of that I terst you then keep scrolling and do t even apply because they will paint an amazing picture to get you in and then stick it to you! Do t know about republic as a whole but Columbia SC is a bad move for employment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
List is to long!
great company
FLOATER (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDFebruary 12, 2019
My wife and I both worked there and it was wonderful. Great place to work. You get paid weekly, great vacation days and summer BBQ's. You'll make a great career there.
Pros
a lot
Cons
Good company good benefits smaller offices very clickish
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Good benefits The drivers are great! Small office in Corsicana and management lets the females (there are only 3) but the two with tenure bully the third. They run the place mamagment is a joke as far as the office. These women are horrible and will team play they are the team the third person is on their own. Good luck if your’re a female a male may have a chance. A shame because it is actually a good comapny just a vad experience in the Corsicana office.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Clickish
Residential Driver (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVFebruary 10, 2019
A lot of the problem at this location is the favoritism of certain employees. Also safety is number one priority but they are willing to send drivers out when road conditions are so bad cars shouldn't be out. This job would not be so bad if we had decent upper management untill this happens Fairmont will always suck.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
lack of upper mangement
Well manage call center
CONSULTANT/SENIOR ADVISOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 9, 2019
I love working for Republic Service. Not only are the hours where something I needed as a parent to be home early and weekend off. This call center actually has opportunity to whom wants to achieve. Within 6 months I had been promoted 3 positions and there more options as well. And for management they are better than any other call center I work with. They listen to your opinions and suggestions on how to make changes to better our working experience. And I seen them actually do it. This is a place I wanted to retire from because within the company you can expand to different jobs but unfortunately I’m moving to a state republic doesn’t have job offers. Believe when I said they even try to extend my job opportunity to where I’m moving that’s how caring the management are .
Pros
Opportunity of grown, closes early, of weekends and holiday
Cons
45 min lunch
Awesome Great Excercising Job
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Working Here Was Line An All Day Workout. Jumping On/Off The Back Of the Truck Constantly Until The Route Is Totally Completed. Pay Rate Is Pretty Fair For Long Hours And Medium/Hard Work Labor
Pros
Great Workout Fair Pay Wage
Cons
All And Any Weather Job
pecos!
Worked hand (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Working in the oilfield has its perks......the frustration with republic is that the head folks dont know much about processing fluids, its frustrating when the people in charge have no idea what they are doing.
Fun workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COFebruary 6, 2019
Good job good people just need something closer from home , driving 40 min there and back takes a toll on me especially during winter season .........
Worried
CDL Swing Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IA 52722February 4, 2019
Always looking over my back, management was always looking for a reason to let you go. Mainly over rated safety guidelines. In the end its them covering their butts, more than yours as their backbone.
Good company
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2019
I’ve learned a lot from working here and it made me be able to adapt to more situations and make me look at things differently & workin here made any job seem easier.
Pros
Salary
Smell
A typical day at work
Helper/ Manual (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2019
A typical day working for Republic Services is an early morning, fast-paced, safe manual labor, and keeping a safe timely e.t.a. for residential, recycled, and balk waste disposal.
Working courteously and respectfully with team members and performing outstanding customer service to clients.
Pros
guaranteed work
Cons
not having workers who want to work.
A very bad place to work and bad management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 1, 2019
I was laid off when Longevity Alliance was acquired but then they hired me back. It took me NO time to accept my position again. Drive Time hired me back because they didn't know what a good employee I was.
Pros
I find no pros with this company
Cons
short breaks, rude people on the phone, talking about trash

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight