ResCare Employee Reviews

Very rewarding with the clients .
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVDecember 13, 2017
Clients are amazing . Management is awful . They work you like a dog and the first time you stand up for yourself they shoot you down . They are mean.
Pros
Making a difference in lives
Cons
Not able to advance . You’re used to the bone . You and your family don’t matter
Poor management
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 12, 2017
Poor management... The employees were cool... Have to keep up with your hours and pay... I love the clients that participate in rescare program... They certify you for everything.
Job is a joke move on
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSDecember 12, 2017
This place is a joke alot of red flags they dont respect the new employees as well as the people served they dont keep up on the books i feel the state needs to do a check without notice cause alot of neglect goes on and they maintenance man like to go around spreding rumores that are not true and talk bad on people to other staff
Productive, fun environment
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCDecember 12, 2017
I loved working at ResCare the people were great. I couldn't do the hours they were under staffed at the time. I would recommend this job to anyone that has the free time to spare the consumer were great to be around.
Stressful and need a better training program.
Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 12, 2017
Stressful. You need to have time management skills and critical thinking. People were very nice. Need a better training program. It really was not a good fit for me.
Pros
People were friendly
Cons
Need better training program.
violent and hostile work environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 11, 2017
The care given to the residents by management is very poor and the consistency of care is very poor and the supervisors were idiots. Alot of nepotism and butt kissing.
no job growth or pay increases
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, VADecember 11, 2017
Nice place to work if you want to be stuck in a dead-end job. They do not give raises and there really isn't job growth for some positions. Management was ok for the most part but no one really takes responsibility for when things mess up.
They pay a low hourly rate
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 10, 2017
Low wages ,no health care or vacation time , only pay 15 miles per week in mileage, want you to work 7 days a week and don’t seem to care about the employees
Pros
The clients
Cons
Bad pay rate, no health care
Do not work here
Certified Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 10, 2017
this company is brutal to work for they accuse of stealing without any proof refuse to promote you even though you have the qualifications and management will work you to death for minimum wage
workplace drama
Brain injury (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 10, 2017
The people who work here are either students or are waiting it out until retirement. It's a grouchy bunch with plenty of petty immaturity to pass around. If you are wanting to be taken seriously, don't waste your time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
drama
Great Place to Learn
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VADecember 9, 2017
I loved working here. Mostly everyone was nice. I got along great with the people I was working with and miss everyone there. I learned more about how to take care of people and their needs and how to give medicine properly.
Good working environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2017
I was able to start the position and advance to a new department with the first year I was there because of the new programs that was available to new hires.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
healthcare expensive
productive fun workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 8, 2017
fold laundry, cook, clean, shower clients , give medicine when needed, give clients activities, interact with clients, change diapers, help with anything else needed around the house
Pros
slow paced
Cons
not for everyone, clean dirty diapers and showers
great company, but
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WADecember 8, 2017
I love what the company stands for and the services that they perform for the community, but the new branch manger makes day to day work uncomfortable.
Schedule was easy to maintain
Home Health Care (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 7, 2017
Provided routine individualized healthcare such as changing bandages and dressing wounds, and applying topical medications to the elderly, or persons with disabilities at the patients home or in a care facility. Monitored or reported changes in health status
An interesting place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 7, 2017
I had to get my CPR certification to do this job. I also need to be trained because i was not qualified to do this job. I was a personal care assistant also known as a PCA. The management team was awesome and worked with me. The families you get to meet are interesting. And the people you get to help are amazing.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
had to drive my own car and didn't get paid mileage until AFTER 20 miles
Loved this job
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INDecember 7, 2017
i loved the residents and the staff. I loved teaching daily living skills to the tenants of the home. Making sure staff were following all procedures was a big one because it was so important
It is a poorly managed place of work, the majority of the workers in management don't care about the workers or people they care for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 6, 2017
Not a top place to work for, the state need to do pop up inspections. And the main office and all residents home. Check everything. The way I was trained in Georgia. When it comes to doing a top job of taking care of the workers and residents. Georgia is top.
Need to appreciate all the people that work there
QIDP (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2017
The consumers are great, mostly all my employees were amazing. The upper management though, some were respectful most weren't. Give respect to get it, hardest part of the job was the staffing issues,
Pros
Lunches, trainings, co worker morale
Cons
Upper management
Company with the lowest pay rate
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Shamong, NJDecember 6, 2017
The most low grade performance in terms of providing care for the disables. It pays workers the lowest wages. It provides costly benefits with poor coverages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6