ResCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 3,826 reviews matching the search See all 3,833 reviews
Great place to work if you love helping others.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 15, 2018
I would definitely go back if something was done about management. Besides that everything was fine it was a very fun environment. I love being one big happy family with the women and men of the home.
It sucked
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 13, 2018
This place wasn't a very good place to work the management was poor and they didn't have anything in order. I wouldn't recommend this company for employment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, MO areaJuly 13, 2018
ResCare always treated me with respect and dignity. They were there to help you wherever they could. They try to match the client with the caregiver.
Pros
You could fillin needed shifts for more money
Cons
No Cons
great patients, unprofessional company
Bilingual Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toccoa, GAJuly 12, 2018
Company does not value employees, not a good place for advancement, benefits not great, also uncertified individuals earn the same pay. Clients are great they also complained a lot about company management.
Hard work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 11, 2018
This company does not value its employees. They don't give raises and their are no benefits. The benefits are very expensive and we cant afford them.They say they promote within but it is hard to advance
Work at your own risk
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Del City, OKJuly 11, 2018
The pay is 8.80 an hour to basically be maids for most but the clients that really need the care is what makes you continue to work for that pay. Make sure you write your hours down because they continuously have problems paying you. There is a high turn around rate. You can schedule your own hours and work as you please.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
low pay
Rescare
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 11, 2018
Not a good place for advancement . The job didn't pay well . It was a job . The company put little concern into the everyday run of the home .There3 was always chaos .
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyed taking care of patients
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 10, 2018
Work hours pre-patient was short, a lot of driving was required. Some patients home weren't safe health wise due to poor housekeeping. Not company didn't well far as mileage.
Pros
Enjoyed patients
Cons
Patient Care Technicians was under paid
Biggest mistake ever
Talent Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJuly 10, 2018
This place is a joke. No one gets trained it’s all about quota and no cares how successful your clients are it’s all about enrollment enrollment enrollment . The boss is so bad they had to separate her job out and continue to do . Don’t dare fire the problem just give her more help apparently. Benefits are a joke 6 months till paid time off , insurance only pays have you pay the 3500 deductible. No chance for advancement or raises.
Pros
Cons
Quotas, horrible benefits, horrible boss
Dead end job
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 10, 2018
Pay could be better. There are NO raises at all for anybody & its not worth it for the work you'll have to do. They are really funny when it comes to lunch breaks, it's like they don't want you to have one & if you do they don't want you to leave the building. You actually hear people complaining because someone went on their break. It was a weird, fake-nice environment & not inviting at all. I wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
No raises, pay is lower compared to other companies, benefits not great & you have to punch in using a telephone which is time consuming.
ResCare is great
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 10, 2018
I have had the privilege to work with ResCare. ResCare is a company in witch prides itself in taking care of their clients. I enjoyed working with them.
Pros
rewarding job
Competitive and long hours
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Benton, KYJuly 9, 2018
Working with ResCare can be fun but if you had the 16 hours shift its long and some day are stressful but I do enjoyed working there. You get to deal with certain someone that need assistance in their home and keep them comfortable and safe. Some house work cleaning on daily basic.
Pros
Good Over-time rate
Cons
Retention and proper headcount struggles
HRIS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2018
Company struggles to allocate proper resources to highest demanding project teams and loses lots of high end talent due to tension. People are great to work with with high turnover leads to a lot of processes being forgotten or missed.
Pros
People are great
Cons
Benefits, High Stress
Poor treatment of clients
TARGET CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 8, 2018
Clients were treated like animals. No respect for the mentally handicapped. The houses were filthy and cold. the care-givers were hateful and verbally abusive. Its amazing that they get away with what they do because a good facade is in place in public eye.
not good
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VAJuly 7, 2018
no team manganese lack of team effort would work up to 16 hours a day if ask. never knowing if you would have the help you never knew if you were going to have food in the home or if your clients would have their med in the home no commotion between shifts.
Pros
never free anythign
Cons
breaks when u could get one
i liked it
qsa (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJuly 7, 2018
felt like i was making a difference
my clients were wonderful
it was a family type setting
i feel like i really got attached to my clients
my manager scheduled around school
Working experience
ResCare (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 7, 2018
Overall, ResCare is a good place to work, but many would agree that the hourly wage does not match the amount of work that has to be conducted. Typical days at ResCare can be a challenge or possibly chill. ResCare has given me an amazing leadership role. ResCare is not a difficult job to perform. It is all about dedication. The primary role for ResCare employees are to help the consumers become more independent in their daily lives.
Nice experience from me working with this home health agency from working in a facility before.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Champaign, IL 61820July 7, 2018
Different and enjoyable environments working with the clients. We provide the services of companionship to light house keeping,cooking,laundry,and helping them prepare themselves for the day. With preparation of helping them prepare themselves for the day we help them shower,dress,and grooming.
Was pretty much miserable the entire time I worked there.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 6, 2018
Micromanaged by Branch Director. Paperwork was tremendous. I was not given credit for knowing the training & skills of an RN. Branch Director used to be a CNA & she ordered myself & the other CNA's/PCA's around like we were her personal handmaidens.
Pros
Great CNA's
Cons
Branch Director made the work environment terrible
What I learned
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 6, 2018
From my experience in this position, processes and procedures are constantly updating/evolving. Requiring a permanent state of training. Could be frustrating. Co-workers and management were very helpful and encouraging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight