ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 4,598 reviews matching the search See all 4,610 reviews
Provided Direct Care to Individuals with Mental and Developmental Disabilities
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 19, 2019
My typical day is cooking, cleaning, supervised appointments, and supervised outings in the community. I prepare daily documentation about each client and inform management of any changes a client's behavior may portray, if extreme.
Not for me
Business Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCMarch 19, 2019
Workplace culture was stagnant and un-motivated (no sense of teamwork or passion)
Poor workplace professionalism amongst co-workers. No sense of team.
No training program.
Great on site management, but horrible leadership above that.
Great opportunity to get out and help your local community with the programs grant funds offered to develop economic growth.
Pros
Community Involvement
Cons
Hostile Work Environment
its not worth the stress
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 18, 2019
clock in,leave out to pick up consumers, come back give medication,cook dinner,give baths put in the bed fill out proper documention clean up the house and go home,
Pros
slow paced
Cons
unorganized
Caregiver/ Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2019
It was a good job but I wasn't getting enough hours to be able to pay rent. As soon as you got used to a schedule it switched up. I wasn't able to hold a stable income and almost became homeless. So I had to leave for the health of my family.
Pros
Caring Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Open work community friendly office staff.
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Perry, GA 31069March 18, 2019
Responsible staff that work for the company, sometimes there can be a lack on communication, or schedule mix ups, but over all a nice up and coming company
Pros
flexabale schedul.e
Cons
mile pay
Foster Care Case Manager
Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 18, 2019
There are no set hours. You are on call 24/7 for your clients and foster families.

There is very little training on how to perform the job effectively. From paperwork, working in the field to support.

If you don't look like you would fit in with the "click" when you are interviewed you will not hired.

Very "clicky"
Pros
Flexible hours at times.
Cons
There is no limit to the hours you will work. You are on call 24/7. Little to no support. No raises.
I loved my job.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 17, 2019
I loved what I did for ResCare. I believe there is good and bad with any job, and the good outweighs the bad here. The compensation was good, the hours were good. The people I worked with were good,
Very stressful, poor management, unorganized and hostile environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 17, 2019
Staff (caregivers) is the most challenging thing about the job. There are always complaints from staff and call outs 24/7. Staff get away with so much due to the companies policy giving them several chances and or upper management not returning a write up back in time.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
Stressful, on call 24/7, lack of support, lack of training
Do not work here!!!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 17, 2019
Turn over is high and you will be expected to pick up the slack, very few 8 hours days, more like 12 hours if not more. They put a lot of pressure on you to work OT and will lie to you about anything. Watch your paychecks as they are rarely correct and you will be shorted on almost every check. Most of your co-workers are on their phones and not doing the work. If you are hard working your co-workers and boss will take advantage of you. Stay away from Rescare!!!!
Pros
You can work as many hours as you want, lots of OT
Cons
Long work hours, unappreciated, have to eat when you find the time
Love our clients
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCMarch 17, 2019
I love everything our company has to offer for our clients but the company is ran poorly & our overturn rates is ridiculous. The rules are always changing & $9.45 an hour for all that we do is not reasonable!
Pros
Never a full moment with our clients
Cons
Unorthodoxed management always changing the rules & babying their selected favorites, short staffed & $9.45 an hour for all that we do is ridiculous
great clients
Direct support staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 16, 2019
working with the clients was great, but when upper management would monopolize schedules and move you from one location to the next so that they wouldnt have to work at a high behavior home. something needs to be done.
Pros
great clients
Cons
some managers arent the greatest
Care Providers
LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2019
If you can pass a drug test and background check, you can get a job with this company. You are charged with taking care of the personal needs of mentally challenged and special needs individuals.
No room to further your career
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMarch 15, 2019
ResCare does not compensate for the hard work their staff provide. The wages are way under what employees should make. Long shifts, only .32 per mile travel reimbursement. No room to move up in the company and after 2 years of employment as a Residential Manager, never given a raise. The company is disappointing.
Pros
Helping the developmentally disabled
Cons
Long hours, low pay
ResCare is an ok employer.
ACT/College Coordinator Gary Job Corps - MTC (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 14, 2019
My impression of ResCare is that they were ok to work for. Their pay was excellent however their medical benefits were sub-par. I only left my position because ResCare lost their contract at the facility.
Friendly
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 14, 2019
Management is friendly and helpful when there are questions and/ or concerns with a consumer. Very flexible with hours and hiring people. Eager to please the staff.
Flexible work schedule and ability to adjust to your life make this a good place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30909March 14, 2019
Rescare is an at home Helth care organization. You have the abilty to make decisions about what your schedule is going to be. Time off is easy to get as an adequate staff can cover your work load while you are away.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Travel is required as you must attend to your patients at their residence.
Good support
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 14, 2019
Good place to work at. Great coworkers and support from all fronts.
Always able to have coverage if unable to go in due to illnesses or other family factors.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Psydays
helping people who are in need of help
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 13, 2019
engaging with clients on a daily basis, helped clients with chores and helping them help themselves. patience is key. workplace environment is fun and relaxed most of the time
lots of bonding with family members successfully
Certified Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 13, 2019
Clients and family members always looked forward to visits, and services. clients always tried to help with tasks. Office had relationships with clients. Household relied on caregiver for chores that should have been completed prior to visit.
Alright place to get experience and that’s it
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2019
I worked at 3 different houses and I worked there for 3 years. First house the put me in was only temporary until they found a manager. When I was moved the house was pretty cool. All the clients were chill. However I made the mistake of going back to the old house to be the manager. All of the clients there but one were chill. One however was very combative and would scream for hours. They kept saying they were gonna move him but never did. Can’t tell you how many times I was smacked by him. They finally found a drug that pretty much knocked him out. The staff there wasn’t good. It was every man for themselves. I finally got fed up and left the house to a part time position. The nurse at the last house I woken at was pretty rude and our supervisor let her do whatever she wanted cause she pretty much checked out. The two morning guys I worked with were cool and we all got a long. The morning and afternoon shift just didn’t like each other. Mostly because of the nurse. We got a new supervisor and she right off the bat showed favoritism to all the Filipino staff cause she is Filipino. After the manger got fired the place pretty much fell apart. We were worked into the ground for such little pay and it seemed like they were never gonna find a new manager. Four hours there felt like four years. We also had gotten a new client that hated women. He attacked the female staff and the one female client on many occasions. The pm shift felt so unsafe one time they called the cops. Do you think they moved him? No. I left because the supervisor looked too me to pick up the slack of the house  more... manager and I did not sign up for that. ResCare only really cares about the money. They don’t care if the staff is safe or not. If they have to move a client then there goes the money from the government. We got our food delivered to us from a company that was two hours away and had to drive through traffic. Frozen food was pretty much starting to thaw when we got it. I don’t know why they didn’t find a company closer.  less
Pros
You could eat the food at the house
Cons
Pay sucked, food at the house was pretty gross.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

31.1K
1951

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ResCare.

Powered by Comparably