ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 4,314 reviews matching the search See all 4,322 reviews
Better Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 13, 2018
They have a lot of cases but not enough employees. The CNA that want to work the hours they want give it to them. The PCA that dont do nothing but sleep on the job and do nothing they prefer to give them the hours. They dont want there employees to get over 40 hour. The company lie to there clients when they request for a certain aid to work for them. The PCA arent trained enough. Rescare dont believe in giving there employees raises but charge theses clients unbelievable prices for services.
Cons
Benefit
I love working for this company. this company was located in Dekalb GA and I had to relocate back to Chicago. That was the only reason I left this job
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  DekNovember 13, 2018
I dealt with about 6 people per day some had 1 hour visit and some could have 1-4 hour visit depending on the day but I traveled to each clients home daily and assisted them with daily duties if I was to go back to Dekalb GA I would go back to work for this company
Pros
All good
Cons
All good
Competitive, fast pace fun workplace.
Direct care professional (Former Employee) –  United statesNovember 13, 2018
Rescare wascompetitive because every day was different. You have to be quick on your toes and stay ahead of behavioral issues. You never know what your day was going to consist of in terms of behaviors . All the residents are very different with an overwhelming amount of information needed to know to comfortably complete your job. I felt it was too much responsibility on staff to do transport as part of the job. Staff would be responsible to transport individuals to and from day centers, doctors appointments, Community events And all other every day transport needs. Very stressful work environment as well . Only a few times I can recall my job being fun.
Pros
401k, insurance
Cons
Breaks, pay, Scheduling vacations and time off. Holiday Days off are based on seniority
Caring for others
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 13, 2018
I have learned a lot working for rescare. It feels great to know that you can help someone in need and they appreciate it. Not everyone have family to help them. I learned that everybody need someone one day even when you think they don't.
Good team work
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 12, 2018
The management should compensate the staffs by increasing their hourly rate . Staff should be able to put heads together and work as one . Management should switch to computer documentation such as ( carematic ) instead of papers
All things Vary
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 12, 2018
I started in the ResCare Modesto,CA office and ended in the Hilo, HI office. and since then I have learned. This is an interesting company to work for
Pros
Clients, Overtime Pay, Incentives, Staff Appreciation
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Corporate Support, Poor Organizational Culture
Do not work here if you expect to be paid correctly and on time
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VANovember 12, 2018
This place is terrible!! I was a lower level supervisor, and I can't tell you how many times I had my DSPs calling me on payday because their checks were messed up. I recently left this job, and they completely took me out of the payroll system and did not intend on paying me my last check. Now I'm having to contact the main office to make sure they write me a check and overnight it instead of expecting me to wait another 2 weeks to get paid. This place is toxic and is constantly having problems. If you're looking for somewhere where the staff and supervisors are supportive and you get paid correctly and on time, stay far away from ResCare!!!
Pros
Cons
Upper management; payroll department
Group Home work is greAt
Quality Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 12, 2018
Taking care of residents is a thing of passion and assisting the residents in their activities of daily living is what I like doing.

Giving the residents their nprescribed medication on time.
This place is a joke!
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
where should i start? this place is so unprofessional but what is so disgusting about the entire situation is that i reached out to HR in Kentucky...and they failed me as a longtime employee. i have to work with a manager who was the epitome of what a manager is supposed to be. my manager was not knowledgeable of standard policies and procedures when it came to managing a group home let alone 14. my manager cut corners which directly affected the client's well-being that we serve daily. it was embarrassing. i caught my manager in several lies, unprofessional conversations, and inappropriate interactions with a fellow employee. i communicated and documented each situation and still upper management and HR in Kentucky did nothing to make me feel safe in the workplace.
the entire situation saddens me because the bigger picture was about the individual's that we served...and while working as an Area Supervisor in the Houston area; upper management continues to fail their client's. staff are known to steal the house van to use for their personal use due to not having their own vehicle to get to and from work, staff steals the money for weekly grocery shopping to where there is little to no food in the home that the menu illustrates to be purchased. it was found that staff has stolen client's money to make purchases for themselves. staff sleep on the job. staff in the workshop are VERY rude, unprofessional, and keep up drama AND gossip going. my manager did not care how many hours i had to work. he did not care if i had seen my family. he did not have a concern in the world; as
  more... long as it did not affect him working Monday through Friday 9am to whenever he could sneak out. my manager did not answer phone calls when he too was oncall, and acted as if he was above helping when there is ALWAYS a shortage of staff. i could go on and on...but why? why work for a multimillion dollar organization who does not care about the individuals and their well-being or the employees who work so hard and get absolutely no recognition.  less
Pros
Cons
Everything about this houston organization is a con!
My review was succuful
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 11, 2018
My interview was very successful..she was very polite and explain everything in an understanding way I couldn't be more satisfied the way she interview me .I was very satisfied.
Pros
Nan
Cons
Nan
Stressful when there is no employee communication between one another
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHNovember 9, 2018
Lack of employee communication between managment to other employers..I was part time working full time hours over 45+ hours. Being mandated to work 16-18 hour shifts every other day.
Pros
There were health benifits an working so many hours meant a good pay check
Cons
No communication between other employees & espcially managment
Great coworkers, everything else is horrible!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Reedsville, WVNovember 9, 2018
Horrible pay, some coworkers are okay the rest do not do their job but are a favorite. Bad managment. clients live in bad conditions. clients are treated bad like employees
No comment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 9, 2018
Nice company to work for. Enjoyed working with the consumers and family members. Rescare should give employees annually pay increases for all the hard work they do.
Worse than a nursing home!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Sherdian, INNovember 8, 2018
In rescare you have to watch people die... If you raise a red flag they fire you! If you disagree they find a way to punish you! As long as they look good on paper and they have there fall guy pucked out they dont care!
Pros
The clints are amazing!
Cons
Low pay, bad management, high stress, long hours!
Great consumers bad management
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Tilton, ILNovember 8, 2018
The job was amazing but also stressful! I helped individuals with disabilities and grew to love every single one of them. The management made my job hard and I felt the care I was giving my consumers started to decline because they had me doing jobs that wasn't mine.
Pros
you feel like your making a difference
Cons
you work 80 hours a week and the pay is terrible
This job is not for the weak
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 8, 2018
This job is a salary job for most management levels. I am on call 24 hours a day. I never worked less than 12 hours a day sometimes 24 to 30 hours. You will never have a family life because the job is very demanding. Overall the company is a great company for what it is set up for but the curriculum is not followed like it should be. I have to manage 40 employees at less. I have to problem solve all day,I have meetings that are scheduled and meetings that are called at any time of the day. I have a certain area of homes that i have and there is always something going on with employees or the clients that is being served. No matter if i just get home from work at any time i can be right back in the field. I have 200 hours of PTO so that in itself should tel you how busy this jib can be without even having the time to use my PTO..
Pros
Cons
Whenever i can get a break
ResCare assists consumer with daily activities in and around the home and create a safe environment.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2018
Assisting consumers with daily activities in and around the home, such as cooking, washing, cleaning, and making sure of their hygienes are perfectly ok.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Horrible place to work
DSP (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 7, 2018
This place is a joke. Management puts everything they can off on others. Absolutely no support for DSP's. Unprofessional and incompetent are the best words to describe this place. The pay is more of a slap in the face than anything.
morally rewarding
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CANovember 6, 2018
As a caregiver I was tasked with helping the geriatric populace with bathing, dressing, meal preparation, taking medications, and vitals. My key responsibility was to be an advocate for those who could not help themselves. I took on a responsibility to provide compassion and someone to talk to in patients final years of life.
Pros
morally rewarding
Cons
low pay
Example: ProGood workplace to help and care for others. In addition to adaptation, socialization,ductive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 6, 2018
Also good relational, coping and daily community living skills. along with Self-management of symptoms, ,behavior, and anger management skills. A great effort.
Pros
flexable
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ResCare.

Powered by Comparably