ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 4,476 reviews matching the search See all 4,485 reviews
Overall good job to have.
Caretaker/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, OHJanuary 16, 2019
It was a very quick paced place to work and I made a lot of new friends, fell in love with taking care of my individuals. I worked with people who had disabilities and its an experience in itself but a very good one and character building as well. Taught me many things.
Pros
My boss was super nice made the job more managable
Cons
No breaks, and overworked us
Stressful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Stressful job, being run by a person that can make people believe that it is the most beautiful place to work, If you want to do on call 24/7 not only get all the paperwork correct but do visits also. Be careful.
Pros
stress, stress and if not completed be careful
Cons
same as above
Ambiente de trabajo incierto. Favoritismo entre empleados., bochinches de pasillo y maldad hacia el progimo. Nunca había trabajado en un lugar así.
Case Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJanuary 16, 2019
Mantener un comportamiento altamente ético, no hablar de tu vida personal, ser integro y no esperar reconocimiento por tus logros. Al que reconocen es al menos que trabaja.
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Favoritismo entre empleados, bochinches y poco compañerismo.
Terrible place to work.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 16, 2019
The base pay is 8.75. The case coordinators are unorganized, unprofessional, and have no regards for their aides' wellbeing. They only care about their own personal gain and compensation. Not the aides',who in reality do all of the work. Rescare is not a good place to work
Pros
None.
Was a great place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 15, 2019
I really enjoyed the environment and the people I worked with, I was very sad when the company sold out to an out of state buyer (southern), many jobs were dissolved or eliminated.
Pros
people in local office
Cons
out of state buyer
good company with opportunnity for growth and development
Executive Director, Job Corps Operations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2019
good company with opportunity for growth and development. Will promote within and provides a much needed service in government contracting space. Offers executives flexible schedules and the ability to work remotely but as corporate staff member you must be wiling to travel and be away from home for extensive times.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
fast paced and some jobs requre extensive travel and long stints away from home.
no words can describe
Direct Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 15, 2019
This is could be a job for someone starting out with no experience. You never receive a raise, no one acknowledges your hardwork. You will work harder than the nanagers and no one would care. The pay is low and the employess are ghetto, they dont care about the clients and they are lazy and no one cares. Dont work for Rescare in Durham
Pros
discount on cellphones
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 15, 2019
awesome way to build of work skills and if your doing CNA work it help boost your skills but you don't have to be certified to work there the residents are awesome to work with
no comment
Qualified Professional/Case Manager/QIDP (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 15, 2019
would rather not comment for fear of retaliation. very stressful, don't tell you the full details when interviewing, poorly run, don't value their employees, high turnover.
This was the best job I've ever experienced working in any field. This job is very rewarding and fun.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJanuary 14, 2019
This job was so great to work at, I enjoyed every moment working there. The employees were helpful and great, I had an awesome helpful supervisor who answered any and all questions. I had many opportunities to step up in management but didn't think I was experienced enough to do so. I loved this job to the fullest and I enjoyed every moment working with the people I did.
Pros
Paid time off, easy work environments. Rewarding.
Cons
Being mandated, long hours
Comfy place to call home
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSJanuary 14, 2019
Its a home plus setting for our clients and trying to keep a normal medical assisted living for them to feel right at home. Our job is to maintain the quality of life to our happy clients. The political side of the job is poor. Lack of benefits and hourly wages are not for someone that supports themselves. I enjoyed the job and love caring for the clients thou I feel the work and the pay isn't where it should be.
I learned tremendously in my chosen field because of the opportunities and responsibilities that were provided.
Sr. Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 14, 2019
I started at ResCare in an entry level position and was promoted three times during my stay there. I was fortunate to work for a manager who was willing to teach me not only the basics of my job but pointed me to resources that were helpful for the rest of my career in the field.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Long hours that generally exceeded 50 per week
Absolutely loved working for Rscare Alaska I enjoyed meeting new clients since it was home care setting. The training was great!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJanuary 14, 2019
Absolutely loved working for Rscare Alaska I enjoyed meeting new clients since it was home care setting. The training and information they gave to provide for the client you had was absolutely amazing!
Pros
training, clients, amazing team and company
Cons
having to leaving company due to personal issues
Thanks
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Working for ResCare has its lows and highs. The Persons with Disabilities were always great to work with. ResCare sometimes had its issues that was often solved .Overall I enjoyed my time working for the Company.
Pros
Great paying jobs
Cons
Low pay
Nightmare
RN (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 12, 2019
They have big problems with LPNS being in charge. They only need RN's for state purpose. RN's are considered a dime a dozen. The RN is only needed for her name and title, not for the true function of an RN. Management also rules what you do and they don't have a medical degree. Working for them is like risking your license every second you work for them.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Not a place to work if you have morals
Direct Care Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSJanuary 12, 2019
This company pays minimum wage and does not give raises to direct care staff. The over work their employees and there are no benefits. The residents are not put first
Horrible place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 12, 2019
This is the worst place every its horrible.Everyone is related just different last names.No one show up for work.My shift was 1p-11p i didnt get off untill after 1 am.You may be working by your self with 5-7 clients.After 5pm management turn they phone off.This place is horrible.from Site.area, and the PD. if you have kids please dont work here.This palce is Drama workers are all Lazy. No one care they mess with your money.If your check was short they do an investigation and its over 3 months.No appreciation what so ever. for Christmas we got a cup and some candy Really????
Anyone works here,,the turn over rate is high.staff stay maybe 4 months.Its a revolving door. When i use to work at the place i never told anyone because this place is a joke. I would never recommend this job to no one.
Pros
Unlimited hours
Cons
Everything you can think of.
Love clients. Pay is poverty level. Ins. is awful. No raises.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 12, 2019
Love working with the clients. I feel that I work for nothing. Have to use own car, pay your own gas, no paid days off. I live in poverty, can't afford to live. I was told I was approved for insurance! HA! What a laugh! Take $114 out of each check, and then specialist are not covered. I just got diagnosed with Afib and heart failure. If you take the 2 lowest ins. plans, you have to spend $3500 deductable before you get any coverage! I have one medication that is over $700 and 2 that is over $300! Who could afford this?? I might as well quit. I was covered under The Marketplace which was affordable. I will go back to part time status and get another part time job. All of this is enough to give me a heart attack!!
Pros
the clients
Cons
pay, ins. no paid days off or sick days, no raises
It is okay
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dunbar, WVJanuary 12, 2019
Working there is fine because of the clients, but the management is bad. Many workers slack, but a lot work super hard to help their clients and coworkers
Terrible Company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Galloway NjJanuary 12, 2019
This place is a train wreak no room for raise all the new people that come in are making the same money as you even if you have experience it's a waste of your time or energy. The higher ups dont care about no one but themselves home office staff are rude and some uneducated payroll person stinks dont waste your energy please you will be better off working at McDonald's.
Pros
Cons
Pay stinks horrible home office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

31.1K
1922

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight