ResCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 4,029 reviews matching the search See all 4,036 reviews
pleasant
Companion (Former Employee) –  Sparta, NJSeptember 19, 2018
Nice place to work as far as flexibility. Having options to choose overnight cases or hourly. Staff is very nice and helpful. Just do not like a lot of paperwork. not office fault.
It speaks for itself
Grouphome Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 18, 2018
There is not much I can say about Rescare the most I can say it rewarding for me because of my clients I enjoy watching them grow and just being able to makes difference in there lives is enough for me i was with my clients for 18 years before my home close on August 31st 2018 when that happens all you can do is put it all in God’s hand and hope and pray that they are just not sending these clients any where I do work with other clients now but it’s part time I looking for fultime
Pros
Stay focused
Cons
Clients is first
help oversee active adult group home
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 18, 2018
Do helpful medication reminders for the 3 individuals in home, assist with meal prep. Drive to community functions. Interact with the ladies. Be the go between the office and clients communication.
Pros
I enjoy helping people.
Cons
I'm not a taxi, don't get reimbursed for gas at fair price, clients lying just becasue they can to get you trouble when you haven't done anything wrong.
The Culture is Terrible
Talent Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Management was totally unprofessional and ill equipped.... The training was horrendous. Leadership was sub par. Office politics was at an all-time high, and the culture resembled a cult. Terrible place to work. It’s not a matter of if you will get stressed-out. It is a matter of when you will be ready to quit.
Pros
8-5 schedule and helping clients
Cons
Everything Else
Do not recommend
QIDP (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
This place is terrible. It is a very click-ish and stressful work environment. In my personal opinion no one is trained properly and is basically winging the care of the individuals. The managers don’t care about their employees. And there is no job security. YOU’RE ALSO ON CALL 24/7, which makes it hard to have a life outside of that place. When they are short direct care staff at the houses they will make you work them and will make you take a huge paycut for those hours. You also do not accumulate PTO until you’re there 6 months and they don’t give raises. I definitely do not recommend this place.
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Everything else
Very hostile environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
Very hostile environment and when any issue is taken to HR nothing happens. Instead they find any excuse to fire you. Workload is exagerated. They expect alot from you with no help or support from management.
No opinion
Business Services Manager, NYC Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Rescare makes a difference in the community. Helping the community is rewarding. The people that I work with care deeply about making a difference in our clients lives.
Pros
Work that makes a difference in the community
Cons
No opinion.
Dysfunctional and disconnected on so many levels
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  OHSeptember 16, 2018
Dysfunctional and disconnected on so many levels. Poor continuity of services, due to persistent revolving door among upper & middle management, (not to mention direct care staff). Zero work/life balance for certain managers, i.e., continuously worked 65-70 hrs/wk, on call 24/7 year after year. Workplace culture lacked teamwork, collaboration....every man an island.
Stressful, but love the clients/people that you help.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 15, 2018
The clients are amazing, but the management is horrible and creates a stressful environment. If you love helping people and have the drive to get passed petty and bad work environments to do your job to the best of your ability and not let anything affect you, it could be a good summer job or part-time.
productive
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2018
not a good place to work. No good management. Non professional with workers and the consumers. No value of ones life and or culture. No respect for anyone
Cons
short breaks
Very enabling company
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 13, 2018
A challenging opportunity where one has to learn new skills and deal with complex situations with children with autism. I learning ground for me where i got change to sharp my skills.
rehire
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
At this time I really have don't anything to say about but don't rehire employee back. Why would a company offer a job and you sign the agreement and you call back a week after you feel have a job to tell that they don't have a job.
Very Stressful and demanding
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 12, 2018
Devised and implemented a comprehensive marketing plan to develop business in the Home Healthcare arena. Responsibilities were staffing the agency, marketing to the industry, ensuring profitability and developing the “brand.”
Cons
Manager was never satisfied and required report all the time
Not a good Comsat with values.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 11, 2018
I worked very hard for this company for two years. I actually love my job and loved the clients in the home and my staff. They took me off the hourly and put me on salary and I was working 50 to 60 hours a week. But getting paid for 40. I enjoyed being a caregiver and being in a management position.
Pros
Dress code and loved my staff
Cons
Pay and advancement
Working with one client
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 11, 2018
I would do over nights. I would take care of my client with a disability. The hardest part was help her get in and out of the bath tub. I enjoyed doing outings.
Pros
Going to Walmart with clients
Cons
making sure she did not mess up her clothes
fun workplace
Personal Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 10, 2018
enjoyed working with the ladies coworkers were friendly and very helpful management did a good job of informing staff with new information which was clearly helpful
Pros
free meals
Cons
under paid horrible benefits
Not bad work, staff needs to work on communication skills
HCA (Current Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 10, 2018
I don't mind the work, but if I had to take time off, my clients very rarely got their cared covered. No one in the office communicates with me or my clients.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
communication
The clients were hard to handle for the amount staff gets paid but overall it helped have more patience in everyday life skikls
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lake Station, INSeptember 10, 2018
For the amount of the stuff that you have to do (depends on the consumers you get) I don’t feel like the staff gets paid enough and there are no pay raises
Pros
Dress however you’d like, take the consumers out
Cons
No pay raises, poor hourly pay
One of the better
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 10, 2018
I worked for this company for 5 years. The worst thing is trying to get a hold of a superior. Other than that most of the time I had a client with full hours.
Benefits
It was one of my best jobs that i truly will miss
House Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 10, 2018
One of my best jobs ever the clients the staff it was like one big happy family we got to do alot of out door activities game's and movie night's the bound we all shared was incredible.
Pros
We got to eat our meals with the clinets
Cons
When needed time off got it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight