Research Psychiatric Center Employee Reviews

Poor management
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 27, 2018
Poor management. Certain unit managers tend to lie about staff who are not part of their clique. Once targeted by those certain managers they make your work environment stressful.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Managers
Fast moving environment
Mental Health Technician, FT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2018
Working with patients with mental issues. Very busy most of the time. Have to be alert at all times in case of emergencies. Job can become very physical when dealing some patients
Rn
RN Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 14, 2018
Busy
Many Patients per Nurse
Fellow Employees were great to work with
Training opportunities
Worked as Needed
Benefits if Full or Part Time
PTO if Full or Part Time
Working at research psych
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2017
A typical day ( i worked nights) was doing your assessments and passing medications. The job was easy. It was some of the staff you will have a problem with. If you are any kind of different than the staff that works there, you will be singled out and fired. I learned never to trust co-workers unless you really believe you can. Protect your nursing license. Management is poor. They are not on your side unless they like you. Working there was like walking on eggshells. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the unnecessary staff drama. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to apply nursing science to psych patients.
Pros
food, hours, fun times
Cons
management, poor control of staff, harassment from staff
poor Management played sides
RN (Former Employee) –  MOOctober 23, 2017
Played sides, not praised, poor morale, unnecessary drama daily from Supv. Worried about money, not employees and not clients.
Doesn't listen, one sided.
Intern
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2017
I enjoyed being an intern at Research Psychiatric. They are very client centered, and the quality of supervision that I received was great. I would take a full time job there if available.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
temporary
Great people to work with and always an exciting, busy day!
Mental Health Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 4, 2017
The staff that work at the hospital are great! Everyone is always busy, but people are always offering to help out. The nurse managers were always very supportive - open door policy. Some of the best clinical nurses that I've every worked with - definitely a team!
Pros
Supportive coworkers and nurse managers, AMAZING schedule!
terrible and had there picks
Cna/mental health tech (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 13, 2016
This place was a good experience it was just they had there picks and it was soooooooo unprofessional and nasty, they did not care about the patients and could not keep people working, they never showed any appreciation to the techs and we worked our A** off for them they don't care for there workers.
Working with co-workers
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  2323 E 63rd ST KC MODecember 2, 2016
I worked at this company for 8 1/2 years I had 8 managers and the 9th one was starting when I left the SENIOR MANAGEMENT couldn't keep them and the senior management CEO,CNO,etc. when I first started was good then A NEW CEO,CNO started and currently is still there to date is horrible.THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT AND UPPER MANAGEMENT PLAY FAVORITISM ON A DAILY BASIS AND DON'T TRY HIDING IT. working with the patient's was good.
Pros
Patients
Cons
lunch breaks you had to stay there and SENIOR MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE
Very Productive and exciting place to work.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2016
I loved working for Research Psychiatric center. The staff is very friendly and caring. Working at Research Psychiatric taught me that there are many different mental illnesses. There are a variety of mental conditions that go far and beyond a person being labeled bipolar, and to never call a patient crazy. Management is really understanding and down to earth. The managers would help with the patients if we were under staffed and even engage in light conversation. The most enjoyable moments were at the thanksgiving and Christmas time because some patients didnt have family to visit and we would celebrate with residents as family.
Pros
celebrating the holidays
Cons
having to put adult patients in restraints
Good working experience
Social Services Clinician PRN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 27, 2016
Research allows you o work with different populations and work with a good staff.Upper management allows you to heard while working on ways to better the organization.
Not like I was told
Registered Nurse PRN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 22, 2015
This used to be a great place to work, but in the past couple of years it has been not the best place to want to hang your hat. I don't know many of the people there and many of the staff have up and quit. There is no loyalty and the new head nurse over the hospital isn't friendly at all. With that being said the staff their do care about the patients and the safety of the patients. We don't have alot of dangerous situations since we have the safety coordinators on site, so I guess it could be worse; it could be state run like my last job. Thank heaven for small favors
Never a dull moment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityJanuary 4, 2015
This hospital can be commended for the excellent physicians and clinicians that care for patients in need. It is a private hospital and insured patients are preferred. There is perceived stigma among staff members associated with the typical chronic mental health consumer often in need of community services. There have been multiple ethical issues that are questionable amongst the previous administration, but this is improving with recent turnover. The current administration does care for the well being of their staff and patients alike. Past safety concerns are being improved and positions have been added to improve security. Processes are extremely disorganized and teamwork is a problem at times. It takes special people to work at this organization and that is the primary benefit of being involved with this hospital.
Pros
Quality staff
Cons
Disorganization, safety concerns, ethical concerns
unorganized
PRN Registered Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2014
This place it incredibly unorganized. If you float, pray for your license and soul. No peer support.
Great benefits and easy to balancewith set schedule
Interim Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 30, 2014
assessments, 1:1s consult with Drs, groups sessions, family sessions, documentation. What I learned was that everyone is the same and never judge. My co-workers were supportive. Hardest part of job was there was no room to grow and dealing with some of the management that were all about money and not the person. Most enjoyable seeing results when a pt goes home.
Pros
loved job
Cons
poor pay and management did not care about pts
Research Psychiatric Hospital
Sr. Adult Unit Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 5, 2014
Understaffed at times as in all hospitals. Learned a lot about Psychiatric medications, and it can be highly stressful Must have high tolerance for all peoples,
Pros
Great staff, good management, good company, good benefits
Cons
Long drive for me or I would have stayed there
the employee of the month meetings
Receptionist/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 13, 2013
busy making beds,how to have patience,was good ,great to work with,looking at the sadness in the patients eyes,how we always getting compliments.
Pros
very other weekend off and the overtime
Cons
how we had to get the linens.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Research Psychiatric Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Research Psychiatric Center Reviews by Location