Reserve National Insurance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
pleasant
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 1, 2018
management and sales reps / all personnel were pleasant to work with. The job was easy and I was good at it. Made new friends. I was not selling insurance, only making calls for the agents
Pros
worked on my own
Cons
temporary
Great environment
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2018
Good people, good product. Unfortunately not able to keep position due to relocation. The market changed after the Affordable Care Act causing a need to relocate.
Overall
Health Examiner (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2018
Basically managment and I did not agree on certain things.

They state they are family oriented, for some yes, for some (such as myself) they were not.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Too many to list
Insurance sales is a constant learning process
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
Reserve National is a great opportunity if you can withstand a 100% commission job. There isn't much if any training. You are on your own to gain the knowledge to be successful.
Opportunity to succeed
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 11, 2017
Reserve National offered me an opportunity, basically to:
have my own business
Make as much money as my sales would project
It was not a 9 to 5 job it required self motivation
laid back and productive
Prescriptions Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2017
A typical work day a Reserve National included a team of workers who were dedicated to getting the job done in a clean and laid back environment. The most enjoyable part about the job was the culture.
Great entry level company
Claims (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2017
The company is great with training you, but may take some time to get everything down. Employees are counted on to complete multiple roles instead of focusing on one area.
I appreciate the opportunity.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed doing health insurance. It was a good experience in learning the different options that are available to clients. At the time there was extensive traveling.
Interesting work place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 20, 2017
Answering phones and greeting clients. Processed paperwork for employees and made sure all information was completed.. Took care of incoming and outgoing mail.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2016
This was actually one of best jobs I have had. Training was thorough. Company constantly provided updates regarding insurance laws and how to best help customers.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Pay could have been better

Want to know more about Reserve National Insurance?

Ask a question
Working for Reserve National was a nightmare.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2016
When I was brought on I was guaranteed a minimum salary of $30k. Meaning the boss would pay me small increments while I was still learning the system and how ti works. I was told I would go through extensive training and have a strong sales support structure. None of this was even remotely true.

Not only was I never paid as agreed by my boss. I was consistently given, "Hey the home office is working on some billing we will have the money soon." I was constantly lead on that my money was coming and don't fret. I was forced to pay for all of my own travel expenses, any work related equipment I wanted to use (iPad, phone, folders and boxes). Throughout my time working for them, I never received any help or support on learning to sell or assist customers. It was mainly, "Hey look I make a ton of money because I am the manager and this will be you one day." Yes, I believe that this is the truth if you become a manager but the chances of that seem slim.

It also was very apparent that nepotism is strong within this company, lots of branches had father/son/brother combos running an entire area.

For the love of God, I mean this- Do not work here. It is a scam and cost me money in the 6 months I worked for them. Terrible payment structure, awful management, and pathetic support build the perfect concoction of a dreadful company to work for.
Pros
Open Schedule
Cons
Minimal support/low amounts of leads/ Awful commission
Pretty laid back work place
Policy Checker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 24, 2016
Come in and process files for clients. Sorting important papers. I would make sure the file was signed and dated. The company provided insurance for clients.
Pros
Excellent boss
Busy friendly
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2015
was a job i liked with normal people and normal problems. Always had plenty to do. training was well done and complete. Management was stickler for time and followed the law.
Licensed Insurance provider
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 1, 2015
You have to put in a lot of hours. Your selling insurance and there
is a lot of competition. It's hard but there is a chance to make big money. You have to be a seller and hustler, and it can be quite boring, with cold calls and door to door sales.
Pros
learn alot about the insurance industry, chance to make money!
Cons
lots of cold calls, boring, lots of competition
Nice lunchroom with TV
Audit Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  601 E Britton RoadOctober 7, 2014
We work 37.50 hours a week with 45 min lunch.
We work half days of Fridays.
My job really isn't that hard just have to keep up with all of the
diffrent policies.
The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers
Pros
work half day on Fridays
Cons
short breaks, not being appreciated for hard work, no promotion
Nepotism/favoritism, Unprofessional Management
New Business (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 15, 2014
Working for Reserve seemed to be very promising in the beginning. After working for them for a while, I started noticing that there is not room for advancement unless you are related to someone who already holds a higher position and/or have known someone personally before coming to work for Reserve.
Pros
working half a day on Fridays
Cons
Policy Issue Department heads are extremly unprofessional!
Work is your policy
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 11, 2014
The job is security position and that may not benefit to work there. It is pretty same thing, over and over... nothing change but the same works.
Customer Service Rep for a nationwide medical/life insurance company.
Customer Service Rep/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2013
A typical work day would consist of answering a mulit line phone system and inputing customer information, questions, or payments into a compnay based system. The customer service reps were also expected to know and understand the different insurance policies that the company offered and to help agents when they were out in the field with information on the different policies as well as premium quotes.
Pros
Co-workers and the company atmosphere.
Cons
Outdated computers and filing system.
Great work environment
Policy Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2013
At Reserve I was very close with the people in my department. I had my work organized into a schedule in which I did certain tasks which made it easy on me to get work done. My job was pretty easy once I got the hang of the program and how things should be done.
Cons
Unable to advance, not enough pay, benefits weren't great
Working hard
Claims Administrative Assistance (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 5, 2013
Co-workers and managers are great to get along with
Compensation is not great at all
Typcial work day is productive