Residence Inn by Marriott

United States1,687 reviews

Found 1,687 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,810 reviews
hotelinnresidenceguguesthousekeepinghousekeeperhospitality

New Management under Highgate

There is no accountability as people can do w.e they want without fear of repercussions. Management since the Highgate takeover has seem really disconnected.Property is small but experiences issues as if it’s a resort due to people neglecting their job duties

Pros

Close to home….

Cons

Bad management, no accountability, low pay, sub par benefits

Terrible Management, Very Unorganized

The managers are disrespectful and do not really care about you. This hotel is badly understaffed it continuously needs temps or will overwork or place current employees in areas they don’t even work. Front desk will do breakfast, housekeeping, etc., all in one. Managers get angry at the littlest things even though they need to worry about bigger things. Pay is also unfair.

Pros

Free Lunch, Food

Cons

Overwork, Low Pay, Unfair Managers, Understaffed

Residence Inn by Marriott insights

Based on 1,551 survey responses
What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun , Meeting New Guest , and New Workers .

The positive of being a House Man , you get to see how your guest live in their suite , meeting new people/guest , and guest sometimes NOT all the time they will TIP you if they see you working so hard going above and beyond to take care of them good enough and not slack off .

Not a good workplace at all

This specific Hotel is not a place with good management. They will use you demean you and use their Title as an excuse to mistreat employees. Don’t apply

Management needs a change

No matter how hard you work or how much work you put in they don't care. Management is nothing but micromanagement, overall, not a good place to work whatsoever, if you value a life outside of work don't work here.

It’s alright

Pretty cool I wouldn’t go back that pay isn’t the best or the manager. But money is money so it’s alright . You can get a lot of discounts there if u ever want

Okay place to work

Pretty fun but low staffing a frequent pressure to come in when sick sucks. There is no HR so issues with coworkers are almost never resolved. Lots of hours if you need the money. Lots of expections to do extra work after completing your daily work. Friendly staff though and scheduling if flexible if your new.

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Short breaks if any, 10 hour work days are normal

Wonderful, staff and management

Working here was honestly great I had amazing managers who were cheery and very encouraging I loved that there was so much positivity and that they truly cared about each guest experience I was trained very well and was treated equal I would return if given the chance 100/100 to work here!

Pros

Free lunch, time off was given, and you can move up within the company

not bad

Pay is god awful. Really strange company, they don't really value their employees, and turn over rate is SO high. Again, the pay is absolutely terrible for the amount of work you end up doing.

Nice

Very good place very satisfied great place wonderful place very kind very smart wonderful happy environment great place to be safe and good for you and all

Fun

Wish that the hours were different little later would have been better but overall I loved working there the people were great managers awesome would love to go back

Highgate is the worst

Very disorganized and expect manager to know 15 programs with no training. The code are overloaded with distress properties and management do not listen to their manager at all

I Like It

I like this job. It's not hard work and anyone can learn how to do it. My coworkers are a very diverse group of people from different parts of the world and it's cool, everyone gets along. Once you're done cleaning your rooms, if no other housekeeper needs help and your supervisor doesn't need you to do anything else, you can go home. The weekdays start at 8 am and weekends at 9am. You never know for sure how your day is going to go because maybe some people don't want service and others decide to stay another night. That's less work for you to do right there. Of course, you could also get (really) dirty rooms (maybe some doubles) that will take you longer to clean. At that point, it can get tiring and frustrating because it's a very physical job afterall. Everyone helps out, though. We all help each other when we need it and especially on busy days, the weight is pulled together. Tips aren't always left but they're a nice surprise. If you don't mind cleaning, like to meet new people but also have minimal contact with them, need some extra income but still want a life outside of work, this is for you. The pay is okay.

Pros

Friendly people and environment, easy work, flexible hours, tips

Cons

Not enough hours, pay needs to be higher

Fun but also bad pay

Ive been here a year and sadly was told no to a raise even being that I make less do to inflation. Ive seen about 50+ different faces since I've worked here and only thought for being so loyal they what likely help me out but they dont.

Fun workplace, good management, nice co worker

Good management team, very empathy and understanding to employees. Nice and friendly co-workers. I have work life balance and enjoy working with the team.

Great place

I really enjoyed working there. Everyone was helpful from co-workers to management. I would recommend anyone to work there, and the guests were awesome chatting with them made the day go by faster.

Truly wonderful experience!

It was a wonderful place to work and I really loved the management team. From the GM to the corporate team. Just an amazing joy to work with. The property is new and beautiful.

Great teamwork environment. Management cares about my career growth. Staff works well together. The hotel has a renovation coming up soon which will help being prideful of your job.

Bad place to work

The residence inn in Saratoga is a bad place to work if you care about fair pay, honesty, mature coworkers, and a balance between qork and home life. You will not get any of those things working here. Very high turnover rate for a reason.

Not a great place

Management sucks. Everyone talks about everyone behind their backs and management likes to stir that pot. They will tell you they got your back then throw you under the bus so fast. Pay is low and raises aren't really a thing.

house keeping is a great way to help customers with a great cheerfull out look with customer service

as a house keeper i loved working with others in the job with coworkers and guest.available to reach daily goals and give wonderful customer service to all in need of help..willing to meet all dead lines and over time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residence Inn by Marriott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight