Residence Inn by Marriott

Residence Inn by Marriott Employee Reviews

United States1,663 reviews

Found 1,663 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,785 reviews

New Management under Highgate

There is no accountability as people can do w.e they want without fear of repercussions. Management since the Highgate takeover has seem really disconnected.Property is small but experiences issues as if it’s a resort due to people neglecting their job duties

Pros

Close to home….

Cons

Bad management, no accountability, low pay, sub par benefits

Elites Gold Teams what makes it pleasant

Working with Residence Inn by Marriott Is a Great Environment Pleasant, Out Going, The Elite Rooms are Always Clean, Always pleasant to talk to the Guest, asking if room need additional request.Each Elite Guest is At A Glance it is the Housekeeper to assist upon request.The Day -n- Achievements, in The Attendants Boards,Time consuming is always important so your guest returns does not have to wait for the Housekeeper to finish.

Residence Inn by Marriott insights

Based on 1,508 survey responses
What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

positive workplace

Management is kind and understanding and they show interest in every employee and what’s best for them. Very fair work environment (no favorites) and everyone feels equal. Management is very employee orientated on top of guest oriented. All in all a good place to work.

Pros

Lunch everyday, personable management

Decent

Lots of work to be done, pretty chill.Not really a long term career, but does pay decently. Benefits are nice as well. overall would recommend this company

Do not recc

If you want to be appreciated and valued, do not work here. Underpaid, unappreciated and unvalued 100%. It doesn't matter how much you bust your butt, one uncomfortable feeling or one complaint from anyone will result in being unappreciated . If anyone at all has seniority over you and you feel ostricised or disparate in any way, it will be disregarded and you will be looked at as if the issue was your imagination and not something that truly makes you feel uncomfortable. There's absolutely no belief in your feelings or anything you say at all. Especially if you're not higher up. And don't even think about discussing safety or security issues. It's not a safe place to work under any circumstances and if you're looking for INCLUSION OR ACCEPTACE forget it.

Very sketchy work place!

You will definitely stay busy for the most part. But expect to always work alone and deal with very complicated people and situations without having your managers truly back you up. The managers make your job a lot more difficult then need be because everyone is there for them selves only. no support, no accountability, no communication, zero structure. Always understaffed. Management team affects the employees ability to perform with excellence. The slackness creates a poor team overall. so then you have a dysfunctional hotel. Pay is not great no way to live off of $15-16 an Hr. Health insurance is good but expect complications because its not in-network insurance. If your a minority I wouldn't recommend working at the Avon location to many racist issues many customers who have a very entitlement type of attitude and your managers will not care.

Job advancement and fun place to work

Marriott is a great place to learn and work. Friendly co-workers and the morale is always high. Benefits and salaries is promising. Easy advancement and management is fair.

Business market. Nice,new hotel

Great location for business. Nice clean new hotel. Staffing is hard. Food shortage is hard. Working with vendors/suppliers on a covid tight budget is hard. Rooms are weird design

Low wages.

This review for residence inn by Marriott consists of Low wage position.No tips were allowed to be kept.No promotions, and No raises at this location.

Pros

Cons

Hourly pay rate

Dishonest did not make me feel I was ever valuable to company

This company was dishonest with me. They were always on your back regarding performance and never satisfied. And when they were dissatisfied, they would make you work harder.

easy

I work the front desk and it is very laid back and easy, they work with your schedule. Not to much labor but the customer service expectations are very high while pay is very low. The hotel discounts are also a big bonus as well.

Consistent work and schedule

I worked front desk and have lots of down time and great employees. Most of the time I know exactly what I’m getting myself into and when I’m working. Management could use some work.

Pros

Consistent work

Cons

Short breaks

Laidback and Lots of Fun!!

If you want a job that pays $13-16+ an hour, this is the perfect job to make that easy money! All you have to do is check people in, minimal office work, and assist guests if requested. Super easy, super fun! If I could go back to it I would!!

Always looking forward to a productive day

Never a dull moment in there but very good staff they care and they act like the get it!!! Anyone who does get the opportunity plz work there you a going to love it.

Loved everyone and everything about my job would definitely recommend and reapply

Sweet people really understanding and very calm setting great pay and once again very awesome service and employees work was my peace of my day and definitely would recommend as a first job or just even for a calm peaceful work place dont have to deal with many people they are very understanding with your life situations and are supportive as much as possible u can dress comfortable as long as its not inappropriate for the work place I appreciate the experience and would be happy and willing to be apart of the Marriott family once again!

Interesting place to start your career, perhaps not the best

I worked for a year at residence inn Denver Colorado. The training was good, and I learned quickly however the management discouraged you from trying to become a front desk manager.

Pros

Discount hotel stays

Cons

Management not helpful with trying to advance in career

It was a good job. Would recommend to a friend or family member. Room for growth if you are willing. Located near other hotels who we could call for extra help if needed.

Horrible work environment

They are constantly under staffed. You are expected to work multiple positions, but are not compensated for additional work load. Having a family is discouraged. They also can and do lie during interviews, so if they offer you certain compensation, get it in writting.

Wasn't able to keep Room Attendants. So that made the other employees get more rooms. I was burnt out from doing so many rooms daily. There were always people getting hired but didn't last because of the total of rooms we would have. The manager that we had at the time was very nasty and unprofessional.

Easy going job, great team.

I personally worked in every area in the Hotel, starting with housekeeping, housekeeping aid, laundry, kitchen and front desk. The work environment was family like and there's always someone to help around.

Pros

Sometimes free lunch, snacks and/ or breakfast. Short breaks in ocassions, leave early if needed.

Cons

Need some improvement with management communication between employees in the back of the house, Also need better private information management.

They work you until they break you

No sympathy for their workers. BE CAREFUL what you agree to when it comes to giving them your schedule. They DO NOT work with your school schedule and will make you work in different departments if you are available. There is NO room for mistake even though were human.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residence Inn by Marriott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Residence Inn by Marriott with

• Residence Inn by Marriott
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?