Residence Inn by Marriott
71Above average

Residence Inn by Marriott Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA18 reviews
Good Company
It's a good company with great diversity, culture, and benefits. Also, I have a great work/life balance. Staff is very friendly and welcoming.
Work Environment is Great
Managers, and Co-workers kept pushing me to achieve tasks and always gave a helping hand when I needed it the most. I learned a lot through my internship with Residence Inn Marriott and how hospitality management is a tough career to achieve in. I am thankful for all the people who I was able to work with, and I will always remember the my experience at Residence Inn Marriott.
Actidides
Buen ambiente personal agradable,confiable y ayudador la gerencia y sus supervisores bien atentos les gusta a ayudar a sus empleados los empleados son amables
ok
The hardest part of the job is not having a work life balance. The culture above property could be better along with allowing property to make better management decisions.
Good
Working for this company is actually great. And a learning experience. However, with my knowledge and skills, I feel that I should be working a better position or being offered the position to move up.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
The atmosphere and some employees make it harder to work
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
loved the fast pace
Loved it trained others always on my toes love to interact with the customers and my co-workers great place. Always had something to do different things going on loved it never boring
Productive, Fun Atmosphere
Marriott is an excellent company to work for. It has a clear vision and great values. If you are motivated to advance with the company, there is room for growth.
Great Learning Experience
Worked at Residence Inn for about a year and had a great experience. From check ins, to guest requests, and budgets and Brand Standard Audits, great learning experience.
Life as a front desk.
This job title may sound easy but it has a lot of responsibilities that comes with it. Always making sure the customer are happy and satisfy with their need . At the end of the day , if you struggle with anything , co-worker or ( teammates ) will always have your back meaning they will help you through any down times.
Pros
Benefit
Cons
you'll be standing the whole shift.
Loved my Job
Crescent Hotels & Resorts made me successful in my position by giving me the tools I needed.
What I enjoyed most was working with companies and building relationships which made them feel comfortable having their employees stay with us. The hardest part of my job was when a family came to the hotel due to a fire or some other unforeseen event which caused them having to leave their homes, sometimes with only the clothes on their backs.

Working at an extended stay hotel turned out to be my niche. I loved working with people and doing my best so they would enjoy their stay.
Pros
Great benefits
Working at night
Working as a night auditor for this location was fairly laid back. Paperwork is easy to manage and communication is key. The company provided a lot of opportunities and great benefits. Highly recommended.
Entry Level Position - Great Hotel
This was my second Marriott job and a great experience in my career. The Front Desk at any hotel is always the most stressful as it is the "complaint department". It is also the team that has the most interactions with guests and therefor the best opportunity to make someones stay, memorable. If you like handling guests, this is the job for you.
good
good i would recommend the company. this property is fast paced and not for beginners. great management and lots of opportunities for advancement. great place
Pros
discount, pay, location
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Job Description
•Check-in and create reservations, assigns/blocks rooms, prepare keys, pre-settle guest folios, answer multi-line phones, record and file all communication and activities.
•Handles concierge duties, suggesting near by restaurants and transportation, ensures special request are fulfilled or compromised.

•Settle guest complaints in an effective and timely manner, "making it right" is my passion.

•Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
Marriott Family
Marriott has a great family, we take of you culture. Great benefit package, free food. Well planned out events for all associates. over all great company.
Busy, multitask job. Friendly environment and warm.
A normal day at the Residence Inn consisted of checking in guests, handling cash and also dealing with everyday issues such as, room transfers, credit card information, and general information about the hotel. From working at the hotel, I have bettered my customer service with others and learned how to handle situations under pressure. The management at the Residence Inn were polite and helping as well. They helped me throughout my whole training period as well as answer an questions I had. My former co-workers were polite and helpful as well. In my opinion, the hardest part of the job was remembering everything at first, but with the training and practice, everything came easy after a while. The most enjoyable part I had at the job was bonding with guests and making them feel like they had a home and making them feel comfortable.
Pros
Discounts on rooms and free food
Cons
Short Breaks, not enough info was passed down to others
Great workplace
I love working for this property. The staff is so warming and out-going for the guests. I will say that Mondays and Tuesdays are really busy.
fun work place
free parking. general manager was understanding the life balance between associate life and jobs, but departmental manager do not give opportunity to develop that spirit