Residence Inn by Marriott Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJune 7, 2018
A typical day consists of running reports, checking guest in and out, and maintaining the front desk. The most enjoyable part for me was my frontdesk coworkers, we make a pretty good team.
Cons
Short breaks
safe work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  BaintreeMay 29, 2018
Was a safe workplace , I worked five or six day per week and weekends.Learned to do my duties more fast , and correctly. There was respectful and supportive workplace culture.
Pros
free ride
Cons
law salary
managment
Executive Assistant of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 25, 2018
Well I was offered this new position from a brother- sister property. From the start I've heard bad things dealing with management, from other old employees but I took a chance anyway , thinking that it may not be that bad. Stepping in the door with no training and
I was throwed to work so I went to work in the housekeeping department doing the best i could and going off of what i knew.When it was time for me to run the shift i dont no log in information which i learned form a front desk person. when my shift came around to run i had less people on schedule than the head boss. Just a lot of things to got tired of and the GM of the Hotel was not trying to make the situation right nor fair.
Productive work place
Night auditor (Former Employee) –  Downtown Tampa FlMay 25, 2018
Running reports, dealing with a lot of guests. Management recently changed and has gotten much better.
Hardest part can be some of the angry guests you have to deal with.
Good job but very fast paced and stressful for some.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMay 24, 2018
I definitely do a lot of work here at Residence Inn that I know my position doesn't normally do. I have been left alone during the nights for my shifts with no managers from the very first week that I started. No one is really here to help with customer request and busy days that I have to check in more than 30 people in the night as well as fold towels, deliver items to guest, and answer phone calls. It's a easy job if only the Owner would hire more people to help out with everything in the evenings. Also the management needs to have better communication with one another as well as the job skills to jump in and help out when necessary. The co workers are very stubborn in schedules as well and won't really help out cover shifts if needed but beg for others to covers shifts when they don't feel like working. The hotel is very low staff and has gone through several employees because of lack of effort in management and others.
Pros
Great discounts, very easy during slow nights, and friendly people.
Cons
Having to deal with CSI from guests and employees, no communication, low staffed, demanding job for title of position.
Career as a Assistant GM
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 24, 2018
I worked for Sunridge properties who owned the location accordingly. Went through a couple GM's in my time there but overall the marriott brand is great. It is easy to advance and the only reason I left was because of a move. I had the option to transfer but instead went back to my previous employer
good place to work
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 21, 2018
Very nice place to work and very nice people to work for and the people who come to stay there are very nice and allways ask about how the staff are doing and are very caring
Pros
good workers
Cons
short breaks
Its a ok place... think the pay should be more.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 14, 2018
Not enough housekeepers employed... job wasn't hard just a big work load every day because there was not enough housekeepers. And some of the men other housekeepers where rude..
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Low pay, not enough housekeepere, short breaks
Everyone treats each other with repect and loyalty
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 6, 2018
I like working for the residence inn some of the people I work with are fun its a nice environment I like my boss the people the guess are friendly they leave us things we all help each other as a team
Pros
We have lunches and do fun things
Cons
We have 3 breaks
Wonderful job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 2, 2018
Great job I Just couldn't make the ride out every day in my situation but they were wonderful epically Mrs.Angela she's the executive housekeeper manager.
it was great working with them
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NHApril 21, 2018
It was great working with Marriott, everyday I got to meet different kinds of people from different places, with different culture and different race. Management has thought me good skills on making bed for them to look pleasing to everyone that walk into the bedroom smelling a fresh refine scent of cleanness of the room.However the hardest part of my job was if I had alot of checkout rooms that were checking in back the same day. My most enjoyable part of the Job is when I have the guest and supervisor telling me I had done a great job and is pleased.
Pros
good hotel to work
Cons
no free lunch
Poor wage
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 19, 2018
Manager wasn't organized or ahead of schedule he was lazy. Housekeeping department wasn't helpful. Training wasn't good. I worked all week 1 day off..
Pros
25 min lunch break
Cons
Poor employment
Laundry/housekeeping
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  219RIVERMARKETApril 17, 2018
Workers don"t have no respect,put to much work load on workers'not no team work'the boss holla at worker'not giving workers raises like they surpose to
fun workplace
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 16, 2018
love working at the residence inn , management is nice, employees and the visitors there are nice fun place to work busier on weekends than during the week.
Pros
healthcare is available with 30 plus hours
experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 9, 2018
When I worked at the Residence Inn I made a family with my coworkers, we always worked well together. Never mixed business with pleasure, but always made sure not to be so uptight. Treated our guest's as it were their home, with open arms.
Major supervision
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 3, 2018
My review are every low for the residence inn. The mangers or mean and rude. You would work six hours a day. Your check wouldn't be much and they don't give you enough time to finish a room. Your not allowed to smoke on your break.
Great company!
LEAD GUEST SERVICES RECEPTIONIST/HOSPITALITY (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 28, 2018
I really liked the culture while i was there. The company focused on giving the guest the best service. It was a great team environment, fun, and rewarding.
Pros
Knowledgeable management, Team environment, overall company follows its mission and what it stands for.
Cons
can't think of any
best place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA 30004March 27, 2018
nice place to work I'd learned different thing good management and its family oriented. The hardest part of my job is when commuting in a bumper to bumper traffic my most enjoyable part of my job is working with all the staff and meeting with people.
Pros
always presence in time
Cons
be there and not square
Not a fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 27, 2018
Never will be full time no job security no benefits not worth staying for.no employee break room can't keep managers needs better organization better people skills
Too hectic and team dont feel their love their jobs
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 25, 2018
Other team leaders expect me to help them but in the other ways they hesitate to help me. I only work by myself and struggle to recruit new team members as RGM changed his policy that only recruit 16 hours PT and no one wants to work that small hours at small salary and no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residence Inn by Marriott. Our community is ready to answer.