Residence Inn by Marriott Employee Reviews

Advancement of favoritism
Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 21, 2018
No matter how many long hours you put in and the number of times you are yelled at by guests, management does nothing to assistance in the abuse. Management creates short and sweet schedules for favorite agents and leaves the long and difficult shifts for others.
Pros
employee room rates at different hotels/properties
Cons
long hours, poor management
Guest Service Agent
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 19, 2018
Working as a guest service agent was simple. You knew when your busy times were (checkin/checkout) and able to prepare ahead of time for guests. Customer issues or concerns were easily addressed with the communication between management, maintenance or housekeeping.
Uniforms were required and provided.
Pros
Free breakfast and dinner, discounted hotel rooms at other Marriott properties
Cons
work on weekends and holidays
Fun workplace
Breakfast and Dinner Attendant (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 19, 2018
Great place to work for a student. Not to make a living. Managers are great and so is coworkers. Very friendly and lax work environment. Raises are almost non existentt. One can only get one raise a year on the year.
fun places and fun people
Night Auditor and Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work and fun people to work around. Mingling with the guest and making them feel comfortable was the best part of the job. After traveling all day everyone wants to treated fair and kind and I loved doing it.
Pros
monthly incentives
Cons
over workload
Fun work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 15, 2018
Good place to work with good experience good benefits and kind workers. Loving environment. Very respectful place to work. Great sales and great place to stay.
When I worked there it would have been relaxed with the exception of the Assistant Manager
Gatehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAOctober 13, 2018
The work was not stressful the micromanagement of the Assistant Manager was stressful. Otherwise, working at Marriott was fun and easy. The manager tries to include employees in all events scheduled.
Pros
Free meals, free rooms when it was inclement weather
Cons
better benefits
I liked the job i just didnt like the pay for as many things we had to do and redo in certain cases
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland,msOctober 11, 2018
The job is very easy and the staff is very welcoming. The only thing I didn't like was having to redo rooms just because of the hotels inspection requirements. Other than that I loved it. The pay on the other hand wasn't enough for my taste.
Pros
The room discounts
Cons
Over working for little pay
Demanding
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 11, 2018
Depending on relationship with management you'll work comfortably. It is very stressful unless you are use to the culture in hospitality. The guest were the best part of the job experience, you meet people from all around the world. It's like the reoccurring guest become more like family with each visit. It is a very fast pace place of business. Hospitality is a very demanding business. Wouldn't recommend working here with small children.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
management, lack of raises
Residence inn
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2018
I loved working there but it was very horrible with the mangers and things.
It took a long time for anybody to help you if you was new. It was barely somebody there to help me when I aint have the task down good do because of my first days working.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FL 33180October 6, 2018
Excelentes líderes, excelentes compañeros de trabajo, buen ambiente de trabajo
I enjoyed the wor environment
Acting Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 5, 2018
During my time at the Residence Inn I was the acting Chief Engineer with a promise from the manager to become the Chief Engineer. I was extremely under paid and passed over for the promotion. Someone with less experience from a different hotel received the position. at no fault of the Residence Inn but from the management company. I loved the property and experience and challenges. I would enjoy working for the company again.
Pros
exciting and challenging
Productive and learned alot
EVENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2018
It was always growth and never a dull moment. I enjoyed the team work to get desired results. The hardest part was time management. I learned about time management and in a typical work day you have to manage time all the time.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Cons
Cleaning bathroom
Challenging
Front Desk Clerk and Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 4, 2018
The typical day at work would be exploring possible leads for future clients. The management was very well organised which helped in having a more productive day.
Hotel
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 4, 2018
Front Office Manager / Front Desk Clerk
Responsible for checking in and out guests, making reservations for customers arriving and departing, answering multi-line telephone system, and resolving any and all customer complaints. Working with outside contractors, Booking tour groups, softball teams, making sure rooms are ready upon their arrival. Responsible for the scheduling for the front desk, and hotel staff, ordering supplies. Being available to work any shift and to close out daily operations.
Fun working place
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHOctober 4, 2018
The residence inn treated me just like family , I love working for them . If I was having a bad day, they bee how to make me laugh and smile. I’m miss that’s place .
Pros
Bingo
Cons
N/a
horrible place to work for
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAOctober 3, 2018
Management is cold, no feelings at all. does not train, but will criticize you for not knowing the job. puts you on overnight schedules without asking. Does not care about you as a person. Front desk employees are judgmental. General Manager is non existent. AGM is a cold non feeling person.
Pros
hotel discount
Cons
Mental abuse
It was okay
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2018
Some days were fast paced, others were slow. We did much more than we needed to and schedules were never set except for 1 person at the desk, everyone else was kind of scrambled. Moving up was also difficult because of turnover.
Fun place to work
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 30, 2018
There's no team work, the leadership was unprofessional, lack of communication, no advancement opportunities, no guidance, the job had good benefits, scheduling was overwhelming to where employees work 6-10 straight every week, there has to be balance with professionalism and helping your employees to succeed.
Unfair
Front Desk agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 27, 2018
Working there was unfair no raise or advancement. I was the best at my job but only remained as a front Desk agent. Discounts were great, shifts were reasonable
Great Place to work
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYSeptember 27, 2018
It's a great place to work, and the management company is amazing. The people that I work for are wonderful, the company recognizes talent. The company praises good performance
Pros
Great Management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residence Inn by Marriott. Our community is ready to answer.