Residence Inn by Marriott Employee Reviews

Working with two different systems
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ 07094February 19, 2019
Upon initial employment, I had the opportunity to work with Opera PMS. Here's the catch, our version of Opera was Opera 10 (terrible, system had crashed multiple times, had to call support to get it back online.
Upper Management realized that we couldn't continue working with a faulty system, until we converted over to FOSSE PMS. It was a Godsend! FOSSE was so simple, yet user friendly.
Pros
Working alongside a Good Mentor
Cons
No Room for Growth
Great management and work space.
FRONT DESK AGENT/NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  2850 S Potomac Ave Arlington, VA 22202February 18, 2019
Great management and work space. Everybody does their job well and each team makes ways to encourage employees to do more. Great place to work at and family friendly.
Nice establishment.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 17, 2019
Work is work. Nice people. Good management. I'm thankful to be given a chance to show my ethics to succeeding in an establishment such as Residence Inn Marriot Mcdonough Ga.
Pros
I have a Job
Cons
Underpaid.
N/a
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 16, 2019
Very stressful environment and fast paced no breaks. Lots of checking in and checking out. Balance billing and inventory and handle cash payments. Answer phone calls and make reservations
typical day at work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Working in silicon valley during that time as an operation manager was a great experience with true long term stay guests.
As a true Residence Inn we were delivering a "home away from home: experience with putting creative activities and offerings for our international guests working and living in hotel for ".com companies".
productive.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 16, 2019
do the regular routine of the day clean, fix the problems.
Not much, but you have always learned something, like cleaning the air ducts.they do not have discrimination.
have to work outside when it is very cold.
share with coworkers.
Pros
no free lunch
Friendly Environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2019
It was a nice place to work, everyone was easy going and helpful. We always started the day with a group meeting and I really liked that feel of community.
Work life balance
Front Desk Agent/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Sunny Isles Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Marriott is amazing brand to work for, this location is franchised through Hotel Equities. Unfortunately this location maybe due different management guidelines isn't a professional atmosphere, nor understanding of other obligations .
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Terrible management
Housekeeping Supervisor/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 11, 2019
If you like working until your tongue falls out and low pay work here. The management was horrible. Unorganized and no one does their actual job..Understaffed and unkept.
Pros
Cons
Lunch is discounted
Buen horario
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  LousianaFebruary 10, 2019
Te vas desde que cumplas con tu trabajo y buena gerencia
Cons
Mal salario
residence inn by marriot is fun
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  bahrainFebruary 10, 2019
hardest thing is grouting the floor. when interacting with guest is the most fun. a typical day happens when theres back to back service.while iam working there i get to learn alot of new stuff.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no short breaks
Start Here
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 9, 2019
great place to work for. One of the best extended stays to be apart of. The management company is family owned and make you feel welcomed for sure . you'll feel right at home.
Very productive workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 9, 2019
Everyone was very welcoming. we got to interact with the guest making sure that they were enjoying their stay at our hotel. we had meetings telling us what was going with the hotel that week.
Pros
once a month they brought lunch for the employes
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, fun,and great people to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 8, 2019
I really enjoyed working here!! The management is awesome. My co-workers were helpful great people. Everyone was upbeat, fun but work hard. They have fun incentives and absolutly fun lunches. They care about there employees.
No structure
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 7, 2019
This job has no structure or good working environment. The managers esp. Housekeeping and Operations Managers sit and talk behind the employees back and does nothing while on duty. Treats others like their less than. Mostly new staff on the team so no one knows what they're doing due to lack of training.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
poor management
residence inn
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Rookwood, OhioFebruary 7, 2019
I loved working at this hotel and would return if I could. I loved my co-workers like family and there was always something fun all the time whether it was a holiday outing or just the morning meetings.
Pros
lots of work, fast paced, friendly atmosphere
Cons
pay could be higher but it's not to bad
Excelente ambiente de equipo
HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  SPRINGFIELD MO.February 5, 2019
Empresa seria y exitosa que me dio la oportunidad de crecer tanto en la empresa como en forma personal te valoran mucho tu trabajo individual y personal con las mejores metas para ascender en tiempo relativamente corto segun tu desarollo
Pros
Seguro vacaciones prestaciones
Cons
Trabajo de lunes a domingo
Welcoming place
Houseman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 4, 2019
This place taught me a lot, even though the position I worked was nothing special, it taught me how to communicate with other effectively, and that, in my opinion, is a valuable quality to possess.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Sometimes gets hot
Marriott Residence Inn experince
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2019
Working at the Marriott was great for me I loved it. Management was great, my team was great, every day was a good day. Working here also taught me a lot about customer service as well.
Very productive and fun during the daily meeting and giving out goodies for the correct answers.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2019
The engagement with the associates and hotel guests thru out the day. The daily staff meeting, sharing our daily numbers in relations to the budgeted numbers and achievements, area of opportunity and ensuring that we are living the Marriott Residence Inn culture thru out the day. Following up with the guests daily if they had a service issue / or provided excellent feedback to thank them. Resolving any and all HR issues ASAP.
Pros
Daily Meetings / helping the team and hotel guests thrive.
Cons
Tight budgets doing a lot with little bit. / cutback on company benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residence Inn by Marriott. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight