Residence Inn by Marriott Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Okay place to work, low pay.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 17, 2018
The RI is a okay place to work! It's an extended stay property which gives you the opportunity to really get to know your guests. I enjoyed my time at the front desk & I only left because they pay minimum wage. If that type of salary works for you then this is the perfect place!
satisfactory
Café Supervisor/PM Chef (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed this job. I met a lot of great people and formed some real friendships while there. The work was fair and I was paid ok for the work that I had to do.
Fun work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 8, 2018
Awesome place to work. Able to move up in the company when needed. Management was fun, but hard working and listen. Being able to make guest comfortable and safe to stay with us.
fast pace
COOK (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 6, 2018
you come in the door working hard. there is no training just put in the kitchen and have at it. the guest were great. and they leave tips. the guest come back and you get to know them by name
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
not full time
Nice employees and very nice place to work at
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 5, 2018
Very productive, and fast paced. There was always something to do and you always stayed busy. The staff and supervisor was very nice. The hardest part about the job is that you were called on a frequent bases to give, guest towels, tissue, shampoo etc., on top of trying to do your work and well.
Pros
30 min lunch breaks and two fifteen min breaks
Cons
No medical insurance
fun, full of positive energy and fast pace job never a dull moment
FOOD & BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work, we were like a big family, we had a big diversity people from different backgrounds and countries, made working at the hotel a fun place to come to work and enjoy it.

learn a lot in dealing with customers and high profile guests,
nothing was hard when working there if you have the will you will conquer.
Pros
great staff, great benefits
Cons
no cons
Worst job ever
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 28, 2018
Trained by lazy employees who don’t want to train you. Poor training then quickly start scheduling you to work alone. Management very poor do not care about you. Security doesn’t do their jobs just lean over the desk and talk you to death and are annoying. Very messy environment. Management doesn’t care about your safety they refuse to fix front door causing people of the night being able to walk in all times of the night. Worst place to work I repeat don’t work here, they work you to death but check not worth it
Pros
No pros at all
free food
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 27, 2018
it was an ok job it paid my bills. but we were always busy. its one of the biggest motels in Columbia mo. we were always out of linen.the hardest part about this job is deep cleaning each room by time shift is over.
Pros
able to move up in the job.
Cons
the heavy days
Amazing Pay/Easy Job
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 25, 2018
It is a good company to be with and an extraordinary team to be a part of. The pay is pretty good and perfect for people looking for part-time. Room for promotion with-in.
Great place to work, low pay.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 20, 2018
The RI is a great place to work! It's an extended stay property which gives you the opportunity to really get to know your guests. I enjoyed my time at the front desk & I only left because they pay minimum wage. If that type of salary works for you then this is the perfect place!
Pros
Culture & enviroment
Cons
Compensation
Breakfast Banquest Attendant
Breakfast/Banquet Attendant (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJ 07073July 18, 2018
Ensure that the Breakfast Banquet are runs smoothly
without disruption. Ensuring supply of food and beverage is immaculate and plentiful. The workplace culture is a family friendly environment. The hardest part of the job is occasion work on some holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive feedback from customers, especially when they say they will come back. I learned a lot of anticipation, precision and preparedness when it comes to having to have food and banquet ready on time and having it stay a certain temperatures.
Pros
Discount on Hotels
Cons
Sometimes Holiday Work
loved the fast pace
Executive Housekeeper /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA 20109July 18, 2018
Loved it trained others always on my toes love to interact with the customers and my co-workers great place. Always had something to do different things going on loved it never boring
Gave me experience I needed
Office associate- Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT 06484July 9, 2018
I am grateful for the people I met, the opportunities I was given, and the experiences I had. I would highly recommend this hotel. Not to mention the breakfast is amazing.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
wage
Residence Inn
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2018
Typical hotel. We have great guest that come in the hotel. Long term stay hotel, so it is like a family. Newly renovated so that is a plus! Most enjoyable part is the guest.
It was okay
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  MIAMIJuly 6, 2018
Its usually slow and you learn alot since its a smaller hotel you learn a little bit of everything and honestly most people are nice you just have to deal with guests and management
Never would go back
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJuly 5, 2018
Even tho I loved my guests, I hated my manager. I learned a lot about what i should have not been learning there. I learned how crooked my manager was. And all that i put in to that place was a waste of time. I guess that was what I had learned.
Pros
Guests
good place to work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 4, 2018
have a good GM.
you gotta want to work, but they'll give you all the opportunities to advance.
Staff is awesome, and the hotel guests are mostly wonderful
Great team work and associates
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 3, 2018
Great way to learn all aspects of the hospitality industry. Good benefits and nice work environment. Difficult to take uninterrupted time off. Leaders listen.
Pros
Associate benefits and incentives
Cons
Life work balance can be improved
Always on my toes
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 28, 2018
Run all the workings of the hotel. Be involved in all the departments , Sales, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Human Resources, Payroll amongst others. Learned to do Task Forcing and help out other hotels in need.
I enjoyed the great people that made the team outstanding.
Pros
Fun and Challenging
Cons
Long drive
Boring commuter hotel in Boca Raton
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 26, 2018
The residence inn is very sleepy being in the middle of nowhere off of I95 and Congress. Simply sleep and move on the next day. No amenities worth mentioning.
Pros
Secluded
Cons
Secluded