Residential Developers Employee Reviews

Coworkers suck and the bosses dont care about you
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Monticello, ILApril 23, 2019
Really wouldnt recommend monticello homes. Staff is horrible, you either end up working alone or you want to work alone because they are lazy. Not worth the time fast food would be a better job than this.
Horrible place to work. Decatur homes are a joke the supervisor is a bully and very unprofessional.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 19, 2019
Decatur homes are awful the supervisor I swear is on something. She Bully’s her staff and is very disrespectful. When you go to the next level to complain they don’t listen. Staff are always liars. . I would not recommend not even my worst enemy to go through that kind of abuse. I have watched her be mean to the clients and talks about them bad. But if you say something about it no body listens.
Rantoul is one of the worse places to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILApril 8, 2019
Management is the worst i ever experienced
I loved my residents and hate i left them with them people that didn't care
I dont see why no red flags went off in upper management of HR
These people here dont care about these residents
Cons
No breaks no good managment too messy
Love my clients
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 19, 2019
Loved taking care of my people. Loved my coworkers and my supervisor. Even hard days were not bad because we worked together as a team to get it done. I wish I did not have to move. Best and funnest job I ever had so far. Worked there for about a little over a year.
Pros
clients, coworkers, supervisor
Cons
can be busy or shorthanded
rewarding and fun
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILMarch 14, 2019
I like working here. I have been here about 1 year. I help people with doing whatever they need help with during their day. So I help get them meals and medication and do different activities and stuff. I also work at different houses when they need help so sometimes there are only 4 residents and sometimes there are 8. But each person has their own personality and you get very close to them and they like to see you every day that you work. That is the best part of the job. The money is better than minimum wage but I am not here for the money. Management is good. My supervisor has been able to work around my school schedule and is available if I have questions. I will miss working here when I graduate but will be coming back to visit my residents for sure.
Pros
helping other people, flexible schedule
Cons
some coworkers who are negative
DSP-Urbana
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 5, 2019
Fun place to work. Really cool residents to work with. Boss is helpful and training was very good. Pay could be better but there are always OT hours to be had.
Good place to work and meaningful job.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 24, 2019
Good place to work with co-workers that work together. Extra hours available when you want them. Supervisor worked with me when I wanted a certain day off.
Pros
Make a difference, working with the clients
Very busy and a different day every day.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILOctober 28, 2018
I enjoyed the job and the people. I just feel direct professionals don't get paid what they should. The house were always clean and they did there best to help residents learn the everyday requirements of life.
Loved the clients
Direct Support Person (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 26, 2018
Wonderful place to work.....need patience and positive outlook.....very rewarding....like having a second home....clients are wonderful....other employees are great to work with
Stressful and messy
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILJuly 6, 2018
Working for residential developers has be very stressful! The management "acts" as if they care but don't! They're very unprofessional, everyone will know your business before you. They been working with the company over 2years and can't tell you anything about the care of clients! You can bend over backwards and when you can't work extra they send you sassy text messages. The clients are a joy the.
Pros
Getting to know the clients
Cons
Management and pay
At home feeling
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Carlyle, ILJune 11, 2018
I love my clients with all my heart but I can't not continue to work here only making $10 an hour beings how I'm a single mom of 2 and have bills to be paid
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Management needs to be more strict instead of trying to be everyone's friends and also the pay sucks
Poductive workplace and new skills learned daily
Direct Support Person (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IllinoisMarch 12, 2018
A typical day at work was to bathe, groom and feed residents as well as adminiister daily medications. I learned how to properly care for the clients expected to their needs. Management was open to ideas and suggestions to how to help our residents.The workplace culture was to act accordingly and to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was to know what was done and needs to be done due to the fact of missing documentation from others shifts.The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall goal and everyday accomplishment of helping the clients andbeing able to be a great role model and teach them daily learning skills.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Had awesome days and bad days
DSP, Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Loved the individuals but felt that they could have been better represented by those in the main office. But sometimes the lack of the communication, greatly impacted the well-being of the residents.
Pros
Supervisor had a willingness to worth with any issues brought to her up
Cons
Held on a raise freeze for a few years
Do not work for this company.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILFebruary 12, 2018
I started working for this company and immediatly saw red flags. The managment is horrible to staff, staff is over worked. Pay is no where near enough for the amount of work you do. Unless you like working hard for no pay, hearing smart remarks from supervisors, working 50-60 hours a week, dont apply here.
Pros
Helping residents
Cons
Managment, low pay
More pay
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 27, 2018
It would be a great place to work, if staff( DSP) were getting paid for all the work they do. Our current supervisor does not seem to care about staff or residents. They need to at least pay DSP the same as A C.N.A in some nursing homes. $12.00 or more. They lose alot of staff because of poor pay and supervisor.
Pros
Getting to know clients
Cons
low pay, poor management!
getting to know the residents
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILNovember 29, 2017
cooking for the residents in the house, assisting with washing clothes,going shopping, taking the clients to doctors appt, special events, walks, play learning games just a lot of interaction with the residents
Pros
good job
Fun People
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILJune 15, 2017
The Hardest part of the job was attachment to the clients. Some of the work could be stressful. If you don't like health care services or handling medications I would not recommend this job.
It was an interesting place to work.
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 2, 2017
I assisted with disabled adults, helped dress,bathe, fed the residents. I administered medication, took vitals, helped with daily needs. I supervised outings on a daily basis. I entertained the residents as needed.
Pros
Self satisfaction it gave.
Cons
Not having the supplies I needed to do my job.
Direct Service Professional- Helped Disabled Individuals with daily encouragement and understanding.
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Help Handy capt individuals learn something new every day.
Daily activities as in getting dressed for the day, or making dinner, to just opening your hand and gripping the object in hand.
Not to take life for granted
Caring
Residence passing
Smiling faces for a happy home
Pros
Family Friendly Gatherings
Cons
Abuse to staff members
so-so
Direct service person (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 1, 2016
I loved working for this company due to the clients provided by this company. My clients loved and enjoyed me the same way I loved and enjoyed them. You cannot do your job properly or correctly if your management isn't doing their job properly or correctly. My biggest problem with this job is the way they train us to be with the clients but the heads or supervisors can come in the homes and talk to the clients any way they want to talk to them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residential Developers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9