Residential Developers Employee Reviews

Very busy and a different day every day.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILOctober 28, 2018
I enjoyed the job and the people. I just feel direct professionals don't get paid what they should. The house were always clean and they did there best to help residents learn the everyday requirements of life.
Loved the clients
Direct Support Person (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 26, 2018
Wonderful place to work.....need patience and positive outlook.....very rewarding....like having a second home....clients are wonderful....other employees are great to work with
Stressful and messy
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILJuly 6, 2018
Working for residential developers has be very stressful! The management "acts" as if they care but don't! They're very unprofessional, everyone will know your business before you. They been working with the company over 2years and can't tell you anything about the care of clients! You can bend over backwards and when you can't work extra they send you sassy text messages. The clients are a joy the.
Pros
Getting to know the clients
Cons
Management and pay
At home feeling
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Carlyle, ILJune 11, 2018
I love my clients with all my heart but I can't not continue to work here only making $10 an hour beings how I'm a single mom of 2 and have bills to be paid
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Management needs to be more strict instead of trying to be everyone's friends and also the pay sucks
Poductive workplace and new skills learned daily
Direct Support Person (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IllinoisMarch 12, 2018
A typical day at work was to bathe, groom and feed residents as well as adminiister daily medications. I learned how to properly care for the clients expected to their needs. Management was open to ideas and suggestions to how to help our residents.The workplace culture was to act accordingly and to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was to know what was done and needs to be done due to the fact of missing documentation from others shifts.The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall goal and everyday accomplishment of helping the clients andbeing able to be a great role model and teach them daily learning skills.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Had awesome days and bad days
DSP, Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Loved the individuals but felt that they could have been better represented by those in the main office. But sometimes the lack of the communication, greatly impacted the well-being of the residents.
Pros
Supervisor had a willingness to worth with any issues brought to her up
Cons
Held on a raise freeze for a few years
Do not work for this company.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILFebruary 12, 2018
I started working for this company and immediatly saw red flags. The managment is horrible to staff, staff is over worked. Pay is no where near enough for the amount of work you do. Unless you like working hard for no pay, hearing smart remarks from supervisors, working 50-60 hours a week, dont apply here.
Pros
Helping residents
Cons
Managment, low pay
More pay
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 27, 2018
It would be a great place to work, if staff( DSP) were getting paid for all the work they do. Our current supervisor does not seem to care about staff or residents. They need to at least pay DSP the same as A C.N.A in some nursing homes. $12.00 or more. They lose alot of staff because of poor pay and supervisor.
Pros
Getting to know clients
Cons
low pay, poor management!
getting to know the residents
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILNovember 29, 2017
cooking for the residents in the house, assisting with washing clothes,going shopping, taking the clients to doctors appt, special events, walks, play learning games just a lot of interaction with the residents
Pros
good job
Fun People
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILJune 15, 2017
The Hardest part of the job was attachment to the clients. Some of the work could be stressful. If you don't like health care services or handling medications I would not recommend this job.
It was an interesting place to work.
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 2, 2017
I assisted with disabled adults, helped dress,bathe, fed the residents. I administered medication, took vitals, helped with daily needs. I supervised outings on a daily basis. I entertained the residents as needed.
Pros
Self satisfaction it gave.
Cons
Not having the supplies I needed to do my job.
Direct Service Professional- Helped Disabled Individuals with daily encouragement and understanding.
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Help Handy capt individuals learn something new every day.
Daily activities as in getting dressed for the day, or making dinner, to just opening your hand and gripping the object in hand.
Not to take life for granted
Caring
Residence passing
Smiling faces for a happy home
Pros
Family Friendly Gatherings
Cons
Abuse to staff members
so-so
Direct service person (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 1, 2016
I loved working for this company due to the clients provided by this company. My clients loved and enjoyed me the same way I loved and enjoyed them. You cannot do your job properly or correctly if your management isn't doing their job properly or correctly. My biggest problem with this job is the way they train us to be with the clients but the heads or supervisors can come in the homes and talk to the clients any way they want to talk to them.
Joyable residents
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work for me is firstof all arriving to work on time. I pass out medicine and assure everyone is properly dressed for the weather before their buses arrive. I wash bedding and clean the house as I care for the residents that stay home.
Pros
Making a change in the lives of others.
Cons
Not making much money.
Horrible place to work for.
DSP (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 22, 2015
No breaks. Overloaded staff and high turnover rates. Staff work 5-6 days a week sometimes 7. Supervisors fail to to their jobs so the rest of the staff end up doing their responsibilities. DSPs do not get paid enough to do the job asked of them.
Pros
The relationship developed with the patients
Cons
The entire job
sadly poorly managed
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Oblong, ILMarch 30, 2015
A typical day consisted of doing my daily duties as well as doing the extra work my supervisor dumped on the staff last minute and having to work short handed due to management not doing their required floor time every week
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor management, heavy lifting, outdated or missing equipment
No raises for several years, pay is min wage
Dsp (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILOctober 2, 2014
I have worked at this company for over 7 years and am making 9.00 an hour. Paying for health insurance is a must, so I don't even make enough to live on my own. The daily tasks are but not limited to: cleaning, cooking, bathing, medication administration, taking individuals shopping, doctors appointments, and occasional wound care.
Pros
able to take short breaks, meals are provided
Cons
low pay, no raises, no room for advancement
Great job, low pay which leads to frequent turnover.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  ILNovember 17, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the disable individuals and helping them learn/reinforce life skills.

The least enjoyable part of the job is the employee's dissatisfaction with the pay, benefits, hours.
Pros
Making a difference in peoples lives.
Cons
Low pay, frequent turnover
Great job, low pay and no room to advance
Direct Service Person (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ILJuly 16, 2013
This company had kept all of their employees on a raise freeze for 3 years and offer minimal room for advancement. Great job, flexible and fun but not good for financial security.
Pros
amazing co-workers, amazing residents, fun work environment
Cons
expensive healthcare, minimum wage, raise freeze company wide
Well rounded
Direct Service Personal (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 20, 2013
The training was constant and allowed me to see the mental field ina different manner
Pros
training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residential Developers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7